Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
I have cancer (Read 28417 times)
Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Colorado
I have cancer
Sep 14th, 2014 at 1:04am

On Wednesday I found out I have stage 3 colon cancer.  It hasn't spread to any nodes or outer layers yet so that's good news.  The doc says this is completely curable, and when I heard that I felt so much relief. I'm going to have to go through chemo and radiation and then surgery, and then more chemo.  But as long as I know they are confident they can cure it, I don't mind what needs to be done. 

If anyone wants to focus on healing and PUL for me and this process I'm going through I would appreciate it.  What I'm staying focused on is that the docs and all the treatment come into perfect and quick alignment every step of the way and that this is cured and I get to live many more years in this reality.

Love,
Vicky
Smiley

Author of Persephone's Journey (Amazon.com)

http://www.vickyshort.blogspot.com/
WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

Justin (formerly a channel)
Ex Member

Re: I have cancer
Reply #1 - Sep 14th, 2014 at 12:12pm

Vicky, will definitely hold you in healing thoughts, prayers and meditation. 

Diet and nutrition may help some too, and if you ever want to dialogue about some of that stuff, feel free to bring it up.  Not sure if you are into the alkalizing concepts, but it's often particularly crucial in cases of cancer.

With Love

IP Logged

DocM

Reply #2 - Sep 14th, 2014 at 2:20pm

Will send love and positive thought your way, Vicky.  Part of the healing can come from creative visualization, seeing it as "gone," and seeing yourself smiling and enjoying life, giving thanks for the healing even before it is complete.  That feeling of gratitude is very importnat.  It is a humble state of grace, which opens a door.   

Will sed out positive thought and energy

Love,

Matthew

IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Colorado
Reply #3 - Sep 14th, 2014 at 6:38pm

Quote:
Vicky, will definitely hold you in healing thoughts, prayers and meditation. 

Diet and nutrition may help some too, and if you ever want to dialogue about some of that stuff, feel free to bring it up.  Not sure if you are into the alkalizing concepts, but it's often particularly crucial in cases of cancer.

With Love

Hey Justin,

Thank you.  Yep I'm into that stuff, try to follow it anyway just because of my type 1 diabetes. 

Thanks for keeping me in your prayers!

WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Colorado
Reply #4 - Sep 14th, 2014 at 6:44pm

DocM wrote on Sep 14th, 2014 at 2:20pm:
Will send love and positive thought your way, Vicky.  Part of the healing can come from creative visualization, seeing it as "gone," and seeing yourself smiling and enjoying life, giving thanks for the healing even before it is complete.  That feeling of gratitude is very importnat.  It is a humble state of grace, which opens a door.   

Will sed out positive thought and energy

Love,

Matthew

Hi Matthew, thank you for the positive energy, I know I can use it!  Yes I am doing visualization and positive energy focus and all that good stuff. 

Even though I'm positive, I have good moments and then not so good.  I usually break down crying at least once a day.  Still in disbelief I think.   Sad

WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

seagull

ALK Member

land sea sky
Reply #5 - Sep 15th, 2014 at 1:25pm

Seeing you strong, seeing you well, seeing you victorious, Vicky. It is not an easy path to face, but you are clear headed enough to walk through this tough time -- and you have those who love and need your presence in their life to help pull you through it. I have watched a loved one face a mighty battle for several years, at an advanced age. She is winning the fight. You can do it.

Also, get everyone you know to send you every funny thing they come across, the whole way through your treatment. Humor, positive images, sharing a laugh is possible no matter what is going on in your life. Encourage people to do that, and share with them as well. It helps.

I was going to put the link to an article I read today here, but it seemed like a little much... it made me smile. It was about a goldfish that had just had a big tumor removed from the top of its head and everyone was celebrating that it had another 10 or 20 years left. It's owner was so pleased. A goldfish.

With love.
« Last Edit: Sep 15th, 2014 at 7:09pm by seagull »  

IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Colorado
Reply #6 - Sep 15th, 2014 at 9:42pm

Hey Seagull,

Thanks for your warm words of love and support! 

Kiss

WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

heisenberg69

England
Reply #7 - Sep 16th, 2014 at 10:22am

Sending you some love and positive intent from across the pond Vicky.

Smiley

IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Colorado
Reply #8 - Sep 16th, 2014 at 10:17pm

heisenberg69 wrote on Sep 16th, 2014 at 10:22am:

Smiley

Thank you!  Today was a little better.  I'll have to wait until next week to start the chemo and radiation treatments because I might have to get another scan and give the radiation oncologist time to plan the exact dose I need.  I didn't realize it was such a complicated and detailed process.  He has a team of people including a physicist who help come up with the exact dosing.

And how have you been?  It's been a while since we've chatted.

WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

heisenberg69

England
Reply #9 - Sep 17th, 2014 at 1:28pm

Vicky wrote on Sep 16th, 2014 at 10:17pm:
heisenberg69 wrote on Sep 16th, 2014 at 10:22am:

Smiley

Thank you!  Today was a little better.  I'll have to wait until next week to start the chemo and radiation treatments because I might have to get another scan and give the radiation oncologist time to plan the exact dose I need.  I didn't realize it was such a complicated and detailed process.  He has a team of people including a physicist who help come up with the exact dosing.

And how have you been?  It's been a while since we've chatted. 

I'm fine thanks Vicky- been busy with a new job. Coincidently (or not!) I picked out and read your book again a month or so ago and had been thinking of how you have dealt with your psychic experiences and health challenges as we are about the same age. The fortitude and determination you have shown in your life so far will stand you in good stead as you return to good health. Please be assured that you are never alone (even though it can feel that way sometimes!) and many (physically and non-physically) are rooting for you. Keep us updated on your progress. Dave.

IP Logged

DocM

Reply #10 - Sep 17th, 2014 at 5:48pm

Hi Vicky,

I want to point out something I hope will be helpful.  Many people have small cancers inside of them for years without knowing about it.  The immune system is constantly encountering aberrant or precancerous and cancerous cells and eliminating them, without our knowing.  Some cancers are aggressive, and some, for reasons not always clear grow slowly over years. 

The problem comes about when a patient identifies themself as being ill instead of accepting whatever the findings are.  T. Campbell from My Big Toe fame puts it best when he hypothesizes that future occurrences of possible disease states may actualize depending on the reaction and deep beliefs about the disease.  In MBT, he states the opinion that if a group of doctors get together and proclaim a medical condition terminal, it helps to actualize the outcome by changing probabilities in the real world.  By the same token, an effective prayer group giving thanks for healing a disease and "seeing it as done" may actualize probabilities toward a more favorable outcome.  None of this is absolute.

But it occurs to me that how we view ourselves and what our most deep seated belief is, along with the beliefs of others can alter probabilities in the real physical world.  So yes, you had a tumor found, and it was cancerous.  It will be gone from your body.  I see no advantage in the "I have cancer" thought process after that.  I will see you as being as whole and free from cancer.  Cancer does not have to be part of your identity.  Your identity is, of course so much more.  I will see the tumor as going away, and you as cancer free.

Best,

Matthew

IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Colorado
Reply #11 - Sep 17th, 2014 at 8:20pm

Matthew,

I love your positive focus.  What you're saying means so much to me.  And I couldn't agree more.  When I feel myself feeling sadness and despair I remind myself that I believe deep in my heart that this doesn't have to end badly for me and that that's not what I choose, "so don't focus on that Vicky".  I've been consciously telling myself not to think of myself as being sick, being a cancer patient, because I don't want to allow my mindset to change from what/who I know myself to be.

I did that when I was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes at age 27.  Everyone felt so sorry for me, and I just treated it like "Oh well, this is what I have to do now" to take care of myself."  I didn't think of myself as any different than before.  So now with the cancer, I am continually looking at the future of this illness being over and done with, like an annoying bump in the road that I will pass and leave behind me, because I have a life to live and there's still so much I wanna do here.

Thanks for your kindness and support Matthew  Smiley

WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #12 - Sep 23rd, 2014 at 3:41pm

Hello Vicky:

Sorry to read about your cancer. I sent you some healing energy this morning and said a prayer for you.

Have you researched alternative treatments?

Albert

IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Colorado
Reply #13 - Sep 23rd, 2014 at 5:33pm

Hi Albert,

Thanks you for your healing and prayers.  I'm so open to receiving those intentions as well as kind words of encouragement.  It really helps me mentally and emotionally.   Smiley

No I haven't really heavily researched alternative treatments.  I've looked into anything I come across but I'm not looking for something to replace the path of the medical treatment plan that I'm on.  In fact, I just got a call telling me that the chemo and radiation will be starting on Thursday. 

I'm a medical transcriptionist for a living....would have gone into more of a medical profession had I had the nerves and stomach for it.  So I really do believe in medicine.  That's not to say I don't believe in alternative medicine, but I want to take the path of aggressive treatment.  I've looked into all stages of what I'll be facing.  I'm ok with it.  I'm not scared of it, just scared of complications I guess.  It's like I always say, I'm not scared of heights, it's the idea of falling that I'm scared of.   Wink

WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #14 - Sep 23rd, 2014 at 7:53pm

Vicky:

I figure each person needs to decide what approach he or she takes. Even when my Mom had cancer I didn't suggest an alternative approach.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.