Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Eternity in the Afterlife can be a scary thought. (Read 23343 times)
SomethingFromNothing

ALK Member

Re: Eternity in the Afterlife can be a scary thought.
Reply #30 - Apr 24th, 2014 at 10:42pm

recoverer wrote on Mar 25th, 2014 at 3:27pm:
Bruce said: "After all, eternity can't exist (in my opinionp) as something with just no end.  Eternity has to go in both directions in order to truly be eternity.  It must have both no end, and no beginning."

Recoverer responds:

Of course, the Universe was created, so the day did arrive. Therefore, does this mean that time didn't exist until it was created? Can the same thing be said for space? Perhaps such things are nothing but concepts until a conscious being is able to experience them. But how did the first consiousce being come to be? Existence is mind boggling //

That said, does the Source of existence understand how it came to be?

Dear Recoverer,

I am eager to answer your question, but first I must be sure of my own "position" in this universe. I feel that the only person who could answer such a question, is the one who is source himself. My instinct tells me that there is a very likely probability that I myself am the source. I wish not to be arrogant if this is detrimental to others. I am in a lot of doubt about myself and life in general. I have seen "glitches" that make it apparent to me, that this is actually some sort of simulation.

As a kid, death scared me. I couldn't imagine "not existing" but now that the other extremity is "always existing" I guess both are equally scary. "Sometimes existing" would seem like the middle ground, but doing so, one may forget his own existence (as is the case in dreamless sleep). Talking about sleep, I realize this might possibly be the way to unload ones existence temporarily, like a pause button in life.

I am getting sidetracked a bit here by musing, anyway, I had thought about death from an early age. I was 9 years old when I started to wonder "are other people real?" And "how can they prove their own existence, when I am only sure (100%) of my own existence?"
It was only much later in life, at the ages of 20 or 21, that I started to take my questions to God, who emerged in many different physical and nonphysical forms. I started to wonder how God worked and started to believe in the nonphysical, metaphysical realms in life.

After about a year later, I had logically conceived of a theory of universal existence. I thought to myself, if life itself is nonphysical, then surely consciousness will continue after death. And in a vision I saw that everybody in the universe was waiting for my soul, which I did not understand. They seemed to hail me, whereas in real life nobody says anything about the nature of life. I thought to myself, the only way to prove that others exist, is to Become someone else. But I realize, this will seperate myself from my original body, my true form. The process would lead to a literal "out of body" experience, only with eons or millions of years as the timeframe in which I would be able to return to my body (essentially restarting the universe)

So the doors of reincarnation were opened, and for a while I found that future lives who had been there in the past (when I was 7 years old), were now actively seeking me, one familiar person found me in an entire different country, I was glad I recignized him/them, he told me I had the hand of God, which seemed so surreal at the time.

So I was scared of death for a long time, because I cannot remember anything that happened before I was born. I figured death would be the same emptiness, non-existence. When I "discovered" re-incarnation, I was relieved, because it meant I would not have to die.

Now, realizing the vast expanse of life on earth, I am quite shocked, because if reincarnation in another body is the only outcome after dying, it means I will have had one life as "myself" and all other incarnations will be there, in a que, waiting to be inherited by my own soul, ultimately leaving me alone, but with the companionship of myself. It doesn't seem like a fair deal to me. To complete all incarnations of life on the earth alone, would take billions of years. I'm 23 years old and that already feels like an eternity. Not to mention I would then be forced to incarnate as every animal that was slaughtered for food, or every bug splattered on a windshield, or every snail stepped on, which is a thought that is too crappity smacked up for me to simply accept, so naturally, I am looking for a way out. I am hoping to incarnate in the same body, to literally re-live my own life, which I believe is possible, but cannot see the future to verify if this is the case or not. If it isn't the case, then I guess i'm no God.

Today, I came across this site and was happy to see people talk about rejncarnation as fact, that its not just a hypotheses but can physically be achieved, while retaining memory of ones previous life.

Again, I have no memory whatsoever of a past life. But sometimes I am left wondering, have I ever done this before? It feels like it. Sometimes things happen that are unique to my life (couldn't have happened to another person) and I vaguely remember such a thing happening before, even though it hadnt happened in my life as I remember. Maybe my life was set in a loop? Or maybe I feel this way because I know it's possible. I'm not sure.

I have no memory of a previous life. But if any or all of you can remember my life personally, then perhaps one of (us) could verify wether or not I am the source of all existence? It would explain a lot if that were the case. I guess it's the truth, but I have no way to verify that without physically dying (i'm 23 and don't want to risk my own life)

To answer your question, recoverer, I must be the source. I feel that I know the answer to your question, therefore am I the source? Or is such a thing not bound to a beginning?

You ask if the source understands how it came to be. The answer is no, it does not comprehend it in any sense at all, it is completely shocked amazed and astounded by its own existence, it is both impossible and yet possible, how it came to be. I know that before I was born, I was nothing, time did exist, but I was not aware of it. The moment I began felt like an eternity had already passed, yet it was too soon to be the beginning. So there is a real mindf*ck, when did it begin? Or, more specifically, how much time had passed BEFORE the universe began?
I am aware of how much time had passed before I existed, it seemed like it took at least 10000 years but had started instantaneously, like awaking from an extremely long sleep, which is why I feel that sleep is our only way to reconnect with the first moment of source (which is, ironically, unawareness). When I awoke, it was like, I was there, and could not go back, because that awareness perpetuated myself. I guess this would be where the origin of death came from, or at least my (non-reincarnational) perception of death, permanent death. I thought I came from nothing and remember feeling "my existence is a mistake, I shouldn't be here, are they going to let me live or will they force me to return?" I felt like some sort of failed experiment, or something that wasn't physically possible. So I guess death was invented and a timeframe in which to explore life until going back to nothing which is where I came from.

Now I doubt I ever want to go back. I remember feeling a LONG time had passed in nothingness. Maybe I was aware, or perhaps my own awareness of myself triggered my own life?

Anyway. The thibg about life is its there because we believe its there. Its some kind of hallucination, somewhere its placebo or imagination, but I am amazed at how much structure and memory and physicality there is in this realm. I do however, have great remorse for the (fictional?) Events that have supposedly taken place on earth such as war etc. I am guessing this might be the first universe (or earth) ever created so it is flawed and imperfect because the creator didn't know what good and bad really meant. I am guessing creation is a work of time and was not instantaneously created everything but started at the centre and expanded itself from there. However this is speculation I do not state anything here as fact. I am, however, quite truthful in explaining my perspective or perception, hoping that we may make more sense or meaning together than alone. Smiley

IP Logged

SomethingFromNothing

ALK Member

Reply #31 - Apr 24th, 2014 at 10:50pm

I guess my first real question here would be, am I the source?

IP Logged

seagull

ALK Member

land sea sky
Reply #32 - Apr 25th, 2014 at 4:42pm

Hi Something,

You are something, aren't you? Smiley

I find it a little hard to follow your long post earlier but it is interesting.

I guess the easiest way for me to think about it is that I am a little leaf on a tree. I receive nourishment and existence from more than one source because I am connected to many things which all help me to produce my particular structure and growth process. My tree is connected to the earth, which is part of a larger universe. So, in a way, I am a participant in all that is, and my expression can have meaning in more than one way. I am existing as the leaf of myself. I am also feeding others, housing others, creating a beautiful vision for others, etc. etc. If my branch falls my leaf is part of that process. But, my main job is to take in light and stay green. That's what I do best, no matter what. Someday my little dried up leaf-ness may blow away and become part of the earth. And the spirit of my leaf-ness lives on in other ways. So, in some respects, I come from all that is and return to it. Otherwise, I dunno.
« Last Edit: Apr 25th, 2014 at 5:46pm by seagull »  

IP Logged

recoverer

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Reply #33 - Apr 25th, 2014 at 5:50pm

Hello Something:

Sorry I didn't respond sooner, I just noticed your post a little while ago.

I remember a period in my life (my 20s) where I considered the possibility that I'm the only being who exists.  I figured that if all the people I speak to are just an illusion, how could I take their word for it if they say that they exist? Couldn't a dream character do the same?

If the illusion of their existence is sophisticated enough it might be difficult to determine how real they are through intellectual means.

I believe there is a deeper way of understanding. I believe it is possible to connect to universal mind.  Such a connection provides answers that are beyond our limited way of thinking.

I believe it is possible to "feel" the presence of another in a way where it seems clear that we are experiencing more than a hallucination.

When I've communicated with spirits telepathically it felt as if we had a mind to mind communication that verified their existence.

Also, could love be shared as completely as it can be shared if there wasn't a such thing as another to share it with?

Not that other beings exist to an extent where they are completely separate from me.  Going by what I have been able to figure out we started out as one being. Once this being obtained a fairly good idea of what its existence is about and what's possible it used its own beingness to create us. It used its own beingness because there was nothing else it could create with.  It created us partly so it wouldn't be alone.

So we are all basically parts of the first being, yet we were created in a way where we have our own life story and our own will. 

Since my sense of will came after Source's sense of will and isn't responsible for the creation of everything else, I believe Source's will plays a much bigger role than my will.

Regarding your question, I figure you are an extension of Source just as everybody else is an extension.

Some people don't like to think in such a way, but if nothing existed but Source, what could he use other than his own being to create us?

Regarding whether Source knows how he came to be, I don't know. There are in tune moments when I feel how amazing it is that anything exists at all. Not only is there existence, there is an awareness of existence and much complexity. Connected with this feeling of amazement is a feeling of mystery.

Yet, I've had an experience where I seemed to understand how existence is possible. But I don't remember the details and can't say anything for certain.

IP Logged

chrwe

ALK Member

Reply #34 - Apr 26th, 2014 at 12:39am

Existence in itself is a funny thing since I believe it is hard to define what "existing" really is. Is it the fact that we are conscious? That we think thoughts at all?

But we exist under deep anaesthesia as well, do we not?

Is "existence" that we experience something at all? That could be leading somewhere.

Now, our experiencing anything at all is, in a way, only possible through being yourself. What I mean is: two people look at an event and they will later describe it differently (trust me on this, I've seen it happen often). Assuming both are honest, what "really" happened?

In my book, both versions of thr event "really" happened, each for the person who experienced it.

Looking at this, we are all the source, since our experience is unique to what we see, hear, feel etc. You are your source.

And yet, you will find there are many beings who share this experience of being alive with you - they are the source, as well. Only they may not be your source.

Whether there is a one, true source at the basis of all this that is life - I don't know, but many here and throughout history will say that this is so and why ot trust their experiences?

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #35 - Apr 27th, 2014 at 4:36pm

Hello Chrwe:

I don't have any comment about your post, I just wanted to let you know that at least one person read it. If I commented at all I might end up repeating what I already said.

IP Logged

SomethingFromNothing

ALK Member

Reply #36 - Apr 28th, 2014 at 8:17am

Recoverer:
Just smoked some weed so I already forgot what you said so it's a bit difficult to respond. I asked my question about source or how source wpkrs because I want to know if (and this website states so) we are reincarnated upon death with our memory intact?

I am guessing not, the other guy asked if we exist under, deep anesthesia. People apparently lose memory in Coma's. I guess it's similar.

Thing is, I guess if consciousness is retained after death of an individual, you would recognize yourself in another life. Perhaps this was an experiment of source but source forgot what it was?

Time is infinite but if there is no observer of time then does time exist?

My best guess is we are all connected, we all influence our timeline

IP Logged

SomethingFromNothing

ALK Member

Reply #37 - Apr 28th, 2014 at 8:22am

And to some extent, we also influence our history as well. It's what we choose to remember.

IP Logged

Rondele
Ex Member

Reply #38 - Apr 28th, 2014 at 10:30am

<<I want to know if (and this website states so) we are reincarnated upon death with our memory intact?>>

Can you tell me where on the website this statement is made?  A new one on me....

R

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #39 - Apr 28th, 2014 at 1:01pm

Same as Rondelle, I can't recall reading anywhere that we retain memory when we reincarnate.

I'm not one hundred percent certain, but going by what I've found and figured out, we don't reincarnate in the way people usually speak of it.  It is more of a Disk-like effort. A higher self/Disk sends out many extensions of itself. These extensions aren't temporary beings that get eaten by their Disk someday, they are eternal unique beings.

I believe there are exceptions to the above. Sometimes an extension will incarnate more than once.

I also believe it is possible that reincarnation extends beyond the Disk factor to the Soul Group level. Reincarnation is a group effort at Soul Group level. Some past life memories might be due to what a member of one's Soul Group experienced.

But don't take my word for it, this is something we have to figure out for ourselves. When we die it is good to have an open mind and not make the mistake of trying to find a body to reincarnate into right way.

IP Logged

Alan McDougall

South Africa
Reply #40 - Apr 28th, 2014 at 2:27pm

recoverer wrote on Apr 28th, 2014 at 1:01pm:
Same as Rondelle, I can't recall reading anywhere that we retain memory when we reincarnate.

I'm not one hundred percent certain, but going by what I've found and figured out, we don't reincarnate in the way people usually speak of it.  It is more of a Disk-like effort. A higher self/Disk sends out many extensions of itself. These extensions aren't temporary beings that get eaten by their Disk someday, they are eternal unique beings.

I believe there are exceptions to the above. Sometimes an extension will incarnate more than once.

I also believe it is possible that reincarnation extends beyond the Disk factor to the Soul Group level. Reincarnation is a group effort at Soul Group level. Some past life memories might be due to what a member of one's Soul Group experienced.

But don't take my word for it, this is something we have to figure out for ourselves. When we die it is good to have an open mind and not make the mistake of trying to find a body to reincarnate into right way.

I really don't like the idea of losing who I now am during this life on earth and reincarnation without any memories of it.

That is just another way to express death of self. During my present life on earth I have absolutely no recollection of a previous existence, thus that person as far as I am concerned  is dead, gone and ceased to exist forever.

I dislike the concept of reincarnation, who wants to return over and over again to this rather boring and bleak existence, have to go through childhood, be spanked by parents, go to school again struggle to survive in an increasingly difficult world, and horrors or horrors have to sicken and go through the whole process of death again??

If I have any say in the matter, then I am absolutely not coming back into this mortal physical plane again. I am going to move on to better things a brighter and more glorious existence somewhere in the higher planes that exist in the afterlife.

I don't accept that I am some sort of fragmented entity, that sometimes consolidates and then breaks up again into separate self aware entities.

I have read many many near death experience and in nearly all of them, the person retains their unique self aware identity they had while living as a human being.

Blessings and Light

Alan McDougall
WWW <a href= <a href=  
IP Logged

SomethingFromNothing

ALK Member

Reply #41 - Apr 28th, 2014 at 3:04pm

:Will I remember after I die what I did and who I was in the physical world?
As a general rule, my experience suggests the answer is yes. One of the characteristics of our existence in the Afterlife seems to be far greater access to memory of our experience. This memory includes not only the lifetime just completed, but previous lifetimes also.While it speaks not of reincarnation, it is stated here that "as a general rule of thumb" we retain memory after death

Ok on mobile this seems to be difficult to copy and paste, the above doesnt state anything about reincarnation per se, but states retaining memory after death as true.

But on the other side I completely agree with alan mcdougall, as I have no memory of a previous existence, I assume there was none to begin with. But this assumption is heavily biased towards solipsism, as there is no way to prove any characteristic in the perceived outside world is really "there".

If there was a way to disprove solipsism then reincarnation with memory saved "to disk" would be the way to do so. Although such a feat would still lead to some form of solipsism, yet a paradoxical, "shared solipsism"

As to what Alan mcdougall said, I too, like being me, and wish not to reincarnate as somebody else. If it were up to me, I would reincarnate in the same body. But I dont know if thats possible.

http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/answers.html#Will I remember

"

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.