Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 13
Send Topic Print
Nanci Danison's NDE (Read 119626 times)
recoverer

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Re: Nanci Danison's NDE
Reply #75 - Feb 18th, 2014 at 8:47pm

Okay. My next thought is what I wrote on my second post on this thread. There is probably no need to repeat it.

Lights of Love wrote on Feb 18th, 2014 at 8:43pm:
Quote:
"In Danison's view, there can be no bad experiences when viewed from the perspective of the Being of Light. The most miserable, wretched earthly life will still yield a trove of sensations, perceptions, insights, and memories treasured by our higher self. In fact, the whole idea of good and bad is a strictly human perspective; and while necessary to bring order to human society, it's not part of a higher plan. The higher plan is simply to maximize experiences of all kinds, whether "good" or "bad.""

Yes, this is true.  I say that based on my own experience as well as many others including scientists.  We are Consciousness and part of a Consciousness system... an evolving system that seeks out any and all experiences for the purpose of evolving.  Thanks for pointing this out!  Smiley

IP Logged

seagull

ALK Member

land sea sky
Reply #76 - Feb 18th, 2014 at 8:57pm

@a channel: are you suggesting that I conduct a hellish retrieval...just because I can?

IP Logged

Lights of Love

Reply #77 - Feb 18th, 2014 at 9:05pm

Quote:
"Kathy said: "As Albert and I have been discussing, [[some people may "read more" into what she is actually saying.]]  [[We all have our own "interpreter" based on what we believe... our own personal truth.]]  On that note, if you've concluded that the life review is as you mentioned, "some kind of emotional torture chamber... where they will throw themselves into some kind of self-created hell", [[then I think you may be reading more into it than what she is saying.]] "

Albert, sorry I didn't see your first post, only the second one.  In the quote above I wasn't talking either to you or about you.  Sorry I should have left your name out of it.  It never occured to me that you would misunderstand. 

I was talking to Seagull and only pointing out that you and I had been having a discussion about Danison. My mentioning your name was meant to give you credit, not accuse you of anything what-so-ever.

Tread softly through life with a tender heart and a gentle, understanding spirit.

IP Logged

seagull

ALK Member

land sea sky
Reply #78 - Feb 18th, 2014 at 9:24pm

Regarding "hellish" scenarios, the only time I have really encountered something close to that is during migraine headaches, which caused me to lie down in a dark room while thrashing around in my bed, smashing my head into a pillow, or whatever. There have been some rather terrifying visions just on the edge of my ability to comprehend, sort of just very dreadful feelings and sort of nauseating images swirling around in a vortex of pain...but that would be the one and only time I've ever experienced such a strange and sort of nightmarish kind of place, outside of a relatively benign dream-nightmare of normal proportions which we all have from time to time. The migraine headache seems to induce a quite intense state of being, quite desperate, actually.

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #79 - Feb 18th, 2014 at 9:25pm

Kathy:

Okay, and thank you for clarifying. I'm sorry, but I think I read through the below too quickly.

Lights of Love wrote on Feb 18th, 2014 at 9:05pm:
Quote:
"Kathy said: "As Albert and I have been discussing, [[some people may "read more" into what she is actually saying.]]  [[We all have our own "interpreter" based on what we believe... our own personal truth.]]  On that note, if you've concluded that the life review is as you mentioned, "some kind of emotional torture chamber... where they will throw themselves into some kind of self-created hell", [[then I think you may be reading more into it than what she is saying.]] "

Albert, sorry I didn't see your first post, only the second one.  In the quote above I wasn't talking either to you or about you.  Sorry I should have left your name out of it.  It never occured to me that you would misunderstand. 

I was talking to Seagull and only pointing out that you and I had been having a discussion about Danison. My mentioning your name was meant to give you credit, not accuse you of anything what-so-ever.

IP Logged

a channel
Ex Member

Reply #80 - Feb 19th, 2014 at 1:49am

seagull wrote on Feb 18th, 2014 at 8:57pm:
@a channel: are you suggesting that I conduct a hellish retrieval...just because I can?

Not at all.  Just suggesting being open minded about the larger nature of reality and not form any belief systems based on a lack of experience with something. 

There have been a lot of higher quality sources that have said similar, that there are some very lacking in light levels of the nonphysical that are very difficult, but need a lot of retrieval work done in.  Based on my intuition, i would have to agree with Dannion Brinkley, these places unfortunately are filling up more.

Because of the nature of these focuses, one could accurately call them "hells". They're just not eternal, nor is anyone sent there as some kind of punishment.  They are self and collective created, and folks get attracted to them based on their energetics within.  Very direct cases of like attracts and begets like.  The moment that there is any openeness to wanting a different way, to changing, to asking higher forces for help, to seeking the Light in some form or manner, they can be helped and "pulled out" of there so to speak.

Unlike Nanci and some others, i cannot be cavalier about these places and the amount of suffering that goes on there.  They might be, in the very long term and ultimate sense, "temporary", but that affects me and others sensitive to others no less.  The more you begin to merge with the Oneness, the more you feel and become aware of in the Whole.  The more you are affected by the parts that are suffering.  Others suffering becomes your suffering.

I've known i've been a retriever for a long time, because when i was little, around age 5 or so, i had thoughts of wanting to retrieve "Satan" (i wasn't immersed in religion during my childhood thankfully, but you hear things here and there). 

I would like to see every being happy, whole, and healthy.  But if we convince ourselves that places like this don't exist, and we turn a blind eye to the suffering, then how will things get helped there? 

I kind of see it as analogous to places here on this earth and with humans.  Take your average, younger person raised in upper class who has been sheltered their whole life.  Life materially is easy for them, and they don't much think about the wider, bigger world, just mostly focus on their own little bubble of life. 

How often do they think on some of the harsh African, or even American ghettos where survival and making it through the day is often really difficult, stressful, and challenging? 

To that younger, upper class person, that other side of life might as well not exist for the amount of thought and focus they've given to it.  And honestly, they would rather not think about it, because if they did, it would be uncomfortable to really think about it.

Similarly in a sense, a lot of us who do retrievals are kind of sheltered.  We are often given the easier and least upsetting kinds of retrievals.  But there is much more to reality than that.   

I watched a movie recently called, "12 Years a Slave" based on a true story.  I didn't fully want to see it, because i knew it would be rather upsetting, and it was.  Some people might see it and say, thank goodness, that's in the past. 

But is it really?   One of the fastest growing, underground, criminal businesses in the world is human trafficking and the sex slave trade. It's in most countries and most certainly even here in the U.S.  And it's not just women that are victims in this.

This is the shadow side of life, and it's scary, difficult, and it's very easy to want to automatically ignore the reality of it. 

But part of why it can exist, is because of the above.  Because not enough people are focusing on it and saying enough is enough.  How many people do you ever hear talking about it, even though it's a growing issue? 

For reasons like the above is why i believe it's so important to not repress and shove under the rug the shadow side of life.  We will never fully transform, heal, and change it if we keep doing this.   Seeing it not there, doesn't make it go away, only for self. 

« Last Edit: Feb 19th, 2014 at 2:51am by N/A »  

IP Logged

heisenberg69

England
Reply #81 - Feb 19th, 2014 at 6:06am

There seems to be a consistent friction between, broadly speaking, a  traditional Christian world view of the importance of doing 'good works' in the world and the idea, often associated with the New Age of 'its all good' on this board and at large. But this contradiction may be more apparent than real. Is it really contradictory to say in the bigger picture 'it will work out' but there is suffering in the world to address. I would say that conscious evolution is not some abstract, disembodied thinking but also the doing. Thus I would suggest that if there is suffering in the world and we know about but don't act then we don't really understand at a high level how it works because surely action is intimately bound up with knowledge for real growth. Yes, it will all work out ok but why prolong the suffering or illusion longer than it needs to be prolonged ? Because it seems to me that suffering may be part of the process and our response and action to it is part of the process as well. Is there really a contradiction here ?

IP Logged

DocM

Reply #82 - Feb 19th, 2014 at 9:04am

Hey Heis,
With regard to thought and action, I think there is no conflict there, New Age or not.  I think the situation you bring up is the difference between understanding the concept of PUL/Love on an intellectual level, and actually opening up to PUL, or living it ("walking the walk"). 

If someone believes they are acting as Danison would call a "light being" but is indifferent to the suffering of others, then those people might understand the definitions, but that is as far as it goes.  Action is thought and deep belief manifest in the real world. 

This is not to say that all loving people must join the Peace Corps, or volunteer in soup kitchens to meet the bar of being loving.  Love and kindness can just exist in common situations.  I was in a bank the other day, and a teller was striking up the nicest conversation with an elderly woman who was alone.  She went out of her way to show kindness.  She was not volunteering in a soup kitchen.  But her words and actions exuded love simply because that was her way. 

We all get angry, stressed, etc.  But at an interesting part of Danison's first book, she described her way to take those situations and get in touch with love.  She describes being a sarcastic person, and making biting snipes/jokes at coworkers.  After her NDE, she reports continuing doing this but then, later realizing that was unloving and hurtful.  She then attempted to be mindful or her sarcasm, and noticed immediately after the words came out of her mouth that she had hurt the person.  Next, she started to apologize, immediately for making the snide remark as soon as she said it.  Eventually, weeks later, she would check herself as the snide joke was forming, and realize it would harm the other person, and she would redirect her thought to something else (so that she never made the insulting joke).  Finally, her focus on love made it so that the snide jokes to others were no longer an issue.  That was her way of trying to walk the walk after her NDE. 

I think we all have ways to live in the physical plane and shouldn't knock ourselves for not keeping up with the Joneses.

IP Logged

heisenberg69

England
Reply #83 - Feb 19th, 2014 at 8:26pm

Doc-

you make an important point. There is a tendency to want to make a difference in a big demonstrative way but just as important are the small gestures: having time for someone you meet who can do nothing for you or a smile to put someone at ease i.e the day to day interactions. In fact I have often thought that if we were all just 10% kinder to each other the world would be a transformed place.I really like the idea of random acts of kindness or 'paying it forward' and getting no reward in return. But of course there is a reward: the world becoming a better place to live in.I think that quite rightly, such actions could be considered spiritual acts in their broadest sense.

IP Logged

a channel
Ex Member

Reply #84 - Feb 20th, 2014 at 1:29am

David, as i've been saying, there is a necessary and helpful balance to achieve here.  There are extremes to avoid. 

Those who are overly polarized to the Yin within, tend to be over passive about the whole process and say too much, too often, "it's all ok, it's all going to work out in the end." This is truth, but only relatively. Sometimes such attitudes if taken to far, lead to too little service and too much inactivity.   

Those who are overly polarized to the Yang within, tend to be too impatient and forceful about making the necessary changes.  They want to speed things up overmuch.  They are too active and not enough live and let live.  Again, their's is a relative truth too.

Then there are the Uranian extremists that swing strongly and suddenly from one extreme to the other. (I say "Uranian" because the Planet Uranus will often be very strong and highlighted in astro charts of people with such strong patterns of extremism).

It's when you merge the two, and approach life in a balanced manner, that we approach more fully and closer to "The Truth", i think. 

My message is, let's not over do either one, let's not swing to the extremes.  But there are particular times and places wherein it's better to tune into and apply a little Yin over Yang, and vice versa there are times and places when it's most effective to apply a little Yang over Yin.  The trick is knowing when which is more needed for a particular situation.  That takes wisdom and discernment.   

All the above may sound like pedantic common sense to many folk reading same, and yet time and time again i observe in others, at times in self, and in outer sources that present themselves as a teacher in some way or manner, that people as a whole tend to polarize or become imbalanced to one or the other. 

This is no accident, because we live in a like attracts and begets and resonates with like reality. 

We teach and emphasize what we ourselves are.  If we tend to the Yin within more than not, we tend to build up, like, agree with, and promote that kind of Yin focus. 

Vice versa with the Yang. And vice versa with disliking or disagreeing with the "other side" that we lack attunement too.  Oddly though, when we are imbalanced within, we tend to get into relationships wherein through other people the other polarity gets pushed in our face more.  (These are potential teaching/learning opportunities).

But greater attunement to PUL, which is what facilitates greater consciousness expansion, maturity, development, etc, also tends to facilitate merging and integration between between these two different, but connected fundamental states, which in a lot of ways are very much like "left and right brain" physically.  The left and right brain hemispheres is the area of the body where these states primarily gets processed and experienced through the physical.

It is not easy to achieve a consistent, optimal balance between these inner states.  Otherwise, were it were, there would be a lot more people who live and express it.  But, it is an ideal i think which is both worth working towards AND also a universal process. 

On a physical level, things like Hemisync can help some.  Things like consciously keeping in mind the above trends can help, and again, general attunement to PUL tends to automatically facilitate a greater balance and integration. Asking for definite help in this area, from guidance levels can also help.

IP Logged

Reply #85 - Feb 20th, 2014 at 1:53am

We can
Include prayer, love and faith in all we do, in all we say, and all our interactions.
Or if we are not inclined to that, we can include good will in all we do and say.
But we should not get too serious and uptight about it. There is room in life for joking, humour, teasing, some rough play. As long as our heart is present. Like footballers play hard but respect each other, and acknowledge the bruises given and recieved are part of the game of life. Life is a game, a serious game for sure, but still a game. Everything including and between birth and death is artificial; there for the teaching and learning. We can play the game of life hard, but play it fair, take nothing to heart other than in thankfulness, and give goodwill and good heart to others. All hurt is superficial, we are all in armour that absorbes the shock - our physical and mental-emotional bodies - we the soul do not get hurt. Play hard and fair, and love our friends and family and enemies and strangers all alike as best we can.

IP Logged

DocM

Reply #86 - Feb 20th, 2014 at 9:53pm

Ok, so I finished the very interesting first book of the Backwards series.  I have several observations.

I think her experience and insights were quite real and profound and resonated with me.  I found it fascinating that the actual NDE was put at the very end of the book, rather than the beginning, as knowing her experience first makes the reader more comfortable with the advice that she gives as a result of the experience.  The book is, however titled "Backwards," so in some ways it is poetic and appropriate to put the actual NDE at the end instead of the beginning of the book.

I am not certain that she died in the physical sense, but for myself, that matters not a bit.  This is why, I believe NDERF.ORG has classified the account as a possible NDE.  She does not report her physicians finding her heart stopped, or performing CPR, using a ventilator, etc.  Going into the medical reasons behind my observation would detract from the conversation.  Suffice it to say, that whether or not she actually died in the physical sense, she had a transcendental experience from the body.  Emmanuel Swedenborg had profound contact with the afterlife without dying in the physical sense - so while one can argue whether an NDE makes it more or less legitimate, for me it is not the overriding concern.  However, I do believe her physicians questioned whether or not it was related to anesthesia (per her own account).  Any afterlife exploration can be questioned in this manner. 

Her separation of the light-being/soul from the human animal is unsettling but does solve some vexing issues we all have with living and loving.  She believes we have a symbiotic relationship with the human animal who serves as our host.  Most unsettling, she claims that the human animal can exist without a soul, and that rarely, the soul may leave the animal early - but she doesn't go into detail about that scenario.  Some people in a hobbled or vegetative state perhaps without a soul?  Or worse.

Still, she points out that much fear and action is based on following animal instincts and practical fears in the flesh, and that we always have a choice to act from instinct (the animal level) or to act from our light-being nature (the soul).  She does not judge it.  She believes, as many sources do that we judge ourselves.   But upon seperation of the soul from the body in death, we join other light-beings and are at a much higher level of functioning - multitasking processing vast amounts of knowledge and information from several different perspectives at the same time. 

Ms. Denison was not met by deceased relatives but by 5 light-beings from her own disc/soul group, who she felt she knew forever.  They were excited to see her, and immediately began sharing glimpses of her life as Nanci with her, eager to feel and sample her life review.  She, in turn, merged with them and sampled their lives, and became aware of her own numerous past lives which surfaced after the amnesia induced by being in a human body was lifted.  After spending a brief time with these beings she actually reports merging with Source (God) in a bigger group, but before this was complete, she went back to her own body of her own accord. 

Her insights included that we are all light-beings.  That she believes that reports of hells are actually people in the early stages after death manifesting their still-human fears.  That these stages rarely last long, and that it is all of our destinies to merge back with Source, in the end.  Ms. Denison was informed that we can't "mess things up" in terms of being banished to a hellish plane, etc. for we were all, as souls essentially individualized "source-beams" destined to rejoin source after death.  She states that since our true nature is eternal, brief explorations in a human body, even for 80-90 years, is but a short experience to a light-being. 

Throughout the book, as has been stated here various New Age sources about NDEs and the afterlife are referenced.  I actually found this to detract from the book.  I was really interested in her own account, and didn't want reference to other books I'd read.  Others might feel differently. 

Her take on the afterlife and our true nature was refreshing, gelling with other explorers but adding new dimensions to it.  The idea of a human animal host who agrees to merge with our spirit is troubling to me.  I always imagined that I was a soul encased in flesh.  However, I felt that the body was a manifestation of my soul in the physical world, not an independent animal I inserted myself into.  I'm still not sure what I think about that. 

The message, that love is our true nature of the spirit/soul does come through.  The relationship of each of us to Source (God) is also clear and consistent with Bruce's model and other models. 

Overall, I do recommend the book as an interesting unique afterlife experience.  It has several unique perspectives; contrasting the human animal we all inhabit to the light-being soul we all have (other than the few human animals she mentions who may not have souls). 

M

IP Logged

a channel
Ex Member

Reply #87 - Feb 21st, 2014 at 1:44am

The idea that the human animal is an entity unto itself to some extent or degree, is not a particularly new one. 

Michael Newton's work talks about a similar concept, and how Souls work with and through the human animal.  How in particular we try to write ourselves into it, especially so in the brain around the time of pregnancy, trying to get it ready for our consciousness.  These bodies have their own personalities and tendencies, which can be different than ours, and we choose different or similar traits to our own consciousness based on what we are trying to work on soul growth wise. 

Regarding possible soulless entities, perhaps related.  My wife had a post collapse dream wherein a bunch of us where sharing this large house out in a more woodsy area. 

There was a party, meeting, or something going on somewhere else, and Becky went into the house to get something.  Inside, she saw a person, but the person seemed different to her immediately.  He had soulless, vacant eyes.  She realized that this human did not have a Soul (she was kind of freaked out by this).  For whatever reason, he broke into the house and he attacked her. 

She defended herself and ended up killing him.  Some of the other people came back and saw the dead being, and freaked out.  She tried to tell them that it didn't have a Soul to begin with and that he had attacked her and she killed it out of self defense.

I believe she got the impression that this being was deliberately created, like a genetic experiment and was sort of a weapon.  I think she also remembers having been previously told about these beings in the dream. 

What was odd, is that a little while after she had the dream, i read this here by Joetagonist in the dream forum.  His dream about a post apocalyptic world  seemed to be describing something very similar.  Becky did not read Joetagonists dream before she had hers, and i haven't pointed it out to her yet though i thought about doing so.

"They were humans, like the rest of us, the same in every respect, save one. These humans had no will, no desires, no identities; they were soulless. No one knew who had created them or how..."

Personally, i don't know if it's possible for a human animal to live a longer length of time without one of our consciousness's imbuing and working through it.  I suppose it's possible, but i really don't know.

IP Logged

Rondele
Ex Member

Reply #88 - Feb 21st, 2014 at 12:59pm

Doc-

Justin is correct, Newton discussed the continuation of the independent consciousness of a fetus after (as I recall) either an abortion or miscarriage.

I don't remember any other details in terms of the nature or duration of that consciousness. 

I guess I'm viewing Danison's experience as another piece in the puzzle of the afterlife.  Whether it's a piece that completes the puzzle or just takes us a step closer to a full understanding is unknown.

R

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #89 - Feb 21st, 2014 at 1:34pm

When I had a copy of Ms. Danison's (not Denison Smiley) first book I remember reading about that Soul/body thing and like others it reminded me of what Michael Newtow says.

I believe it's true, our bodies are one thing and our Souls are another.  The sex drive belongs to our bodies, not our Souls.

I don't know if a body can walk around with a Soul.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 13
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.