Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 13
Send Topic Print
Nanci Danison's NDE (Read 119596 times)
Rondele
Ex Member

Re: Nanci Danison's NDE
Reply #60 - Feb 18th, 2014 at 1:06pm

Hi Kathy-

You are right, I only watched the video.  I'm glad Danison clarified the point that had bothered me- I thought she was saying that our actions are without consequences.  I recall posting that ACIM says that sinful actions don't count because it's all an illusion.  No need for guilt because no matter what we did, we really didn't do them to begin with.

And I couldn't buy into that.  Still can't.  So it's good that Danison doesn't promote that teaching.

Here is something that I've wondered about in terms of the life review: Suppose we wronged someone, said or did things we regret, but also suppose that we acknowledge those things with the person and expressed our regret and asked for...and received...forgiveness from that person.

I wonder in such a case whether our life review would still need to include our experiencing the hurt that we caused that person. 

Does the power of forgiveness trump the need for the life review, at least in the example above?

R

IP Logged

a channel
Ex Member

Reply #61 - Feb 18th, 2014 at 2:46pm

Quote:
I have never personally experienced a "hell" while doing retrievals. I have seen, rather, kind of "stuck" situations, but no one mired in anything resembling a kind of hell.

I don't focus much on doing conscious retrievals, because i've been having retrieval dreams for quite awhile now, and know i'm very active in that during my sleep state.  Since i work in what is sometimes intense service type work during my waking state, i don't feel the need to focus on waking retrievals. 

Anyways, i have had some dream remembrances of being in some pretty dark levels and doing retrieval work there.  These, i must stress where "levels" or collective dimensional areas of consciousness wherein the folks stuck there, did not even resemble human beings as we think of them.  They appeared so distorted and so lacking in light, because they lived what some might call more overtly evil lives.  In any case, a severe lack of self/other PUL consciousness was present in these folks and levels in general. 

My understanding is, is that many people don't do much work in those darker realms because the energies there are too difficult and challenging to deal with.  Even those of us who do work there, well we don't do it all the time because it's too intense.  It's only once in awhile that i remember a dream retrieval from one of these levels.  Most of the ones i remember are more "typical"--people a bit stuck in their minds and beliefs, just unaware they've died, etc, etc and otherwise decent folk that just need a little help and nudging. 

The other levels is what Bruce talked about when he talked about the harder cases and the temporal hells.  Edgar Cayce would occasionally remember going through some of these lower levels on the way to the more expanded levels of the nonphysical.  The consciousnesses he perceived in these lower levels always appeared grotesque and distorted to him, barely human, and he understood that this reflected their inner mind states.

To do work on these lower levels one has to have the ability to redirect and/or limit their emotional receptors while doing work there.  A ability to detach from one's emotions some is quite helpful.  I could not imagine a more emotional person being able to do retrievals there.  They would be overwhelmed.  You strike me as a fairly emotionally attuned person.

Quote:
That doesn't mean it doesn't exist -- but I simply do not believe it. Perhaps I see it as "not there."

Some might call that simple human avoidance.  Humans in general are really known for ignoring info that they just don't want to be aware of.  The more uncomfortable the reality, the more more folks tend to repress or wish/believe it away.   

However, it's really important for both individual growth and the growth of the human collective to face more directly the shadow side of life/the larger reality, but at the same time our guidance is wise enough to know how much to expose us to in a given moment or period, based on a combo of factors.  Basically it knows how much we can handle or not handle. 

Talking about it here or with others in general, is one thing, it's a whole other to experience it for self.  But, perhaps seeing people talk about it, plants necessary subconscious seeds to be awakened at the right time.

IP Logged

a channel
Ex Member

Reply #62 - Feb 18th, 2014 at 2:57pm

Kathy is correct. I did not read Nanci's books, only watched a number of her interviews. 

Kathy, in the books did you ever find a reference to Creator Beings plural or a reference to a particular Creator of just this reality? 

IP Logged

a channel
Ex Member

Reply #63 - Feb 18th, 2014 at 3:07pm

Just did a quick search and let my intuition lead me. 

Here is an interview wherein Nanci hints that this Source of this Reality is not all there was. 

Starts at about time 2:37 or so.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1UlrWwli9Q0

IP Logged

Lights of Love

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Reply #64 - Feb 18th, 2014 at 3:28pm

Yes, Seagull... exactly my point.  This book is about Danison's experience and I have no reason to doubt that she is speaking her truth.  For those who choose to read her book, each must decide if what she says corresponds to their own personal knowledge and understanding.  To know is to experience, so if you haven't experienced something you need to be skeptical enough as to not allow something to become yet another belief that may or may not be truth.  It's important to be open minded enough to allow for additional information so we can grow, but we still must remain skeptical of whatever information we come across.

Worry and concern is borne of fear.  It is much more productive to focus on that which is borne of love, such as trust that each of us is on our own unique path of evolution, experiencing our own creations in conjunction with everyone one else that crosses our path.  I don't think it is Danison's intention to scare people and if people read her words carefully she does focus on the positive, rather than the negative.

As Albert and I have been discussing, some people may "read more" into what she is actually saying.  We all have our own "interpreter" based on what we believe... our own personal truth.  On that note, if you've concluded that the life review is as you mentioned, "some kind of emotional torture chamber... where they will throw themselves into some kind of self-created hell", then I think you may be reading more into it than what she is saying.  Have you read the book?  If not, you may be interested to know that she also indicates the life review is as you've indicated in your post.  Basically a learning experience from the perspective of all involved and conducted through the lens of unconditional love, not only the essence of love from Source, but that of other beings that love you dearly.  She says more, but I'm summarizing for the sake of brevity.

Kathy

Tread softly through life with a tender heart and a gentle, understanding spirit.

IP Logged

Lights of Love

Reply #65 - Feb 18th, 2014 at 3:31pm

Hi Roger,

Yes, I couldn't buy into what you've indicated as an ACIM teaching either.  However, I will say that feeling guilty is non-productive.  To me it would be a better use of time and much more productive to try to "make things right", seek forgiveness and so on.

The life review from the perspective of another's emotions include both our hurtfulness, as well as our helpfulness.  Essentially we will experience how our motivations of either love or fear literally affected those with whom we interacted.  So I'd say, yes, we'd experience our life interactions including another's emotions, which could range from feeling their pain to feeling their joy for example, if that's what the forgiveness had felt like to them.

I wouldn't say, one thing is "trumped" by another meaning that one outweighs the other.  The life review is more about gaining an understanding of ourselves and is intended for us to see and experience the motivations beneath our own intentions and how those affected the people we interacted with from their perspective, not ours.  The life review isn't about the motivations of someone else, because ultimately, only we can "grow" ourselves by gaining an understanding of our reasons behind our intent.

One interesting comment Danison made was that her five friends were able to merge into her life review and experience it as well.  She felt very humiliated by some of the things she'd done because of this.  LOL Smiley  I'm sort of cringing a bit as I recall some of the things I've done... good thing there is such a thing as unconditional love!  What would we do without it?

K

Tread softly through life with a tender heart and a gentle, understanding spirit.

IP Logged

Lights of Love

Reply #66 - Feb 18th, 2014 at 3:32pm

Quote:
   Kathy is correct. I did not read Nanci's books, only watched a number of her interviews. 

Kathy, in the books did you ever find a reference to Creator Beings plural or a reference to a particular Creator of just this reality? 

Hi Justin,

Yes, actually there was one sentence toward the end of the book where she did mention something like that.  I'd intended to write it down to tell you about it, but I never got up to get a piece of paper.  Maybe Matthew will run across it or if I do, I'll be sure to let you know what she said.

Kathy 

IP Logged

Lights of Love

Reply #67 - Feb 18th, 2014 at 4:53pm

Ok, found it.  This is from chapter 21 "Life as a Being of Light" the following sentence is from a paragraph where she'd began to rejoin Source.  She states: "And through the merger I would know what Source does about its own existence and its source."

That's the only time she ever implies that Source may have a Source as far as I can recall.  Not much can really be inferred from that either, except speculation, so this isn't much to go on.  Maybe you could email her and ask her about it?

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #68 - Feb 18th, 2014 at 5:28pm

Kathy said: "As Albert and I have been discussing, some people may "read more" into what she is actually saying.  We all have our own "interpreter" based on what we believe... our own personal truth.  On that note, if you've concluded that the life review is as you mentioned, "some kind of emotional torture chamber... where they will throw themselves into some kind of self-created hell", then I think you may be reading more into it than what she is saying.  Have you read the book?  If not, you may be interested to know that she also indicates the life review is as you've indicated in your post.  Basically a learning experience from the perspective of all involved and conducted through the lens of unconditional love, not only the essence of love from Source, but that of other beings that love you dearly.  She says more, but I'm summarizing for the sake of brevity."

Recoverer (Albert) responds: "I don't believe it is a matter of my being psychologically conditioned so I see fault where there is none. It is more of a matter of Nanci possibly not being aware of the fact of how some sources overdo that nothing is wrong business, so she didn't take care to be careful about not erring on that side and providing qualifying statements.

The very fact of how she does refer to ACIM and CWG seems to show that she doesn't have an awareness of the nothing is wrong factor. I don't consider ACIM and CWG to be valid sources partly because they seem to go too far with that nothing is wrong business. To me such error stands out. I believe this is a matter of alertness and discrimination, rather than a matter of misinterpretation.

I think I'll buy a copy of Nanci's first book so I can see how far she goes with the nothing is wrong business.

I'd like to add that a source doesn't have to make such a statement over and over again in order to be in error about this matter. If a source makes such a statement just once, it made such an error. Going by what I remember, Nanci's first book does say this enough so that I and another person noticed it.  She also makes such statements in her interviews more than once." 

IP Logged

heisenberg69

England
Reply #69 - Feb 18th, 2014 at 7:01pm

But would'nt a 'nothing is wrong' attitude be a natural consequence of the idea we have an eternity to get it right ? In a school class some kids are slower learners than others but we don't give up on the slow kids ... from a 'God's eye  view' we might have all the time in the world to make our mistakes and get it ultimately right.Maybe our 'mistakes' are part of the plan too i.e. valuable human experience ?.Without that God's eye view it is hard to know.

IP Logged

Lights of Love

Reply #70 - Feb 18th, 2014 at 7:11pm

Quote:
Recoverer (Albert) responds: "I don't believe it is a matter of my being psychologically conditioned so I see fault where there is none. It is more of a matter of Nanci possibly not being aware of the fact of how some sources overdo that nothing is wrong business, so she didn't take care to be careful about not erring on that side and providing qualifying statements.

Good Grief, Albert.  This is a perfect example of how you do read more into what is written than what someone intends.  This is your own interpretation of what I said.  I never said, nor implied you or anyone else are "psychologically conditioned so you see fault where there is none."  In fact, you are the one that stated your own history may have something to do with it.
Quote:
Albert said: "Perhaps these moments stand out to me more than they do to you, because of my history of being exposed to sources that over do the everything that happens in this World is okay/nothing is bad viewpoint."

And I said: "Yes, everyone's "history" does seem to put a spin on how they interpret something. I guess that's one of the things that make each of us unique. It sounds like you may be basing your impressions on her interviews, which, I agree, they really don't tell the whole story."
Quote:
The very fact of how she does refer to ACIM and CWG seems to show that she doesn't have an awareness of the nothing is wrong factor. I don't consider ACIM and CWG to be valid sources partly because they seem to go too far with that nothing is wrong business. To me such error stands out. I believe this is a matter of alertness and discrimination, rather than a matter of misinterpretation.

This is ridiculousness!  Just because you don't consider these good sources of information doesn't mean that other people haven't found them useful to their own spiritual growth and understanding.  Everyone is on their own path and that should be respected.  CWG and ACIM wouldn't be so popular if people weren't getting something from them, even if it's not the whole truth and nothing but the truth.  No single source that I know of contains total truth.  At any rate, it's likely her publisher requested she put quotes from other books in her book.  That's common practice in the book publishing business.  Reinforces our herd instincts and all that.  The couple of quotes she used from CWG, I found no objection to the content.  I don't recall any quotes from ACIM.
Quote:
I think I'll buy a copy of Nanci's first book so I can see how far she goes with the nothing is wrong business.

Then maybe we can have an intelligent conversation! Smiley
Quote:
I'd like to add that a source doesn't have to make such a statement over and over again in order to be in error about this matter. If a source makes such a statement just once, it made such an error. Going by what I remember, Nanci's first book does say this enough so that I and another person noticed it. She also makes such statements in her interviews more than once."

I'd only hope you'd be fair to Nanci instead of making it appear as though you're trying to discredit her.  Anytime someone pontificates without backing up what they're saying is unfair.  It is our job to judge the motivations of our self, NOT to judge the motivations of others.  In fact, we'd all be a lot better off if we spent our time judging less and loving more.

IP Logged

a channel
Ex Member

Reply #71 - Feb 18th, 2014 at 7:19pm

Thank you for the reply and info Kathy.  If you check out the link and time on the YouTube video she mentions something along these lines.  I also remember seeing another video where she mentions something about this.

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #72 - Feb 18th, 2014 at 7:49pm

Kathy:

I quoted the below from you. Notice the words within brackets. By such words you might've implied that I had an interpretive psychological conditioning based response to what Nanci said about there being nothing bad rather than simply taking note of what she actually said.

"Kathy said: "As Albert and I have been discussing, [[some people may "read more" into what she is actually saying.]]  [[We all have our own "interpreter" based on what we believe... our own personal truth.]]  On that note, if you've concluded that the life review is as you mentioned, "some kind of emotional torture chamber... where they will throw themselves into some kind of self-created hell", [[then I think you may be reading more into it than what she is saying.]] "

I do not believe it is necessary to know what Nanci said in her first book in order to know what she said in her videos. Justin, Roger and myself noticed statements that relate to the nothing is bad viewpoint, so perhaps there is something to what I say about this. Do you believe it is ridiculous for people to go just by what Nanci said in interviews? Do they really need to read her books in order to know what she said in video interviews?

Am I pontificating or noticing something you didn't notice? Were Justin and Roger pontificating when they became concerned about Nanci's possible nothing is wrong viewpoints? Even if she doesn't make such comments in her first book, this doesn't mean that such statements don't exist within her video interviews.

Regarding what I said about ACIM and CWG, well, it seems to me that Nanci wasn't troubled by when such books say things such as "Hitler didn't do anything wrong", for why else would she refer to them?  Regarding why other people sweep such statements under the carpet rather than considering what they say about the source of such words, well, you'll have to ask them why they were willing to dismiss such words.

Good Grief! Is is possible that people noticed things that Nanci said that you didn't notice?

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #73 - Feb 18th, 2014 at 8:05pm

Kathy:

Here is an addition to my last post.

Somebody else noticed Nanci's "nothing is bad" viewpoint. Below is what Michael Prescott wrote:

"In Danison's view, there can be no bad experiences when viewed from the perspective of the Being of Light. The most miserable, wretched earthly life will still yield a trove of sensations, perceptions, insights, and memories treasured by our higher self. In fact, the whole idea of good and bad is a strictly human perspective; and while necessary to bring order to human society, it's not part of a higher plan. The higher plan is simply to maximize experiences of all kinds, whether "good" or "bad.""

http://michaelprescott.typepad.com/michael_prescotts_blog/2011/08/backwards-and-...

I believe that in the end everything will work out very well (I say this without knowing if there are Souls that never make it back to source.). This doesn't mean that there is no such thing as bad activity.  If the creative process of the universe is going to have free will, then the possibility of "actual" negative activity needs to exist. This doesn't mean that it needs to exist to the extent that it does.

My feeling is that beings such as God, Jesus and whoever else abides at that level are able to tell when negative and unecessary activities take place. If you think I am being stubborn, is my stubborness necessary, or is it one of the yummies that God and the rest of the universe just have to have in order to be complete?  Cheesy

IP Logged

Lights of Love

Reply #74 - Feb 18th, 2014 at 8:43pm

Quote:
"In Danison's view, there can be no bad experiences when viewed from the perspective of the Being of Light. The most miserable, wretched earthly life will still yield a trove of sensations, perceptions, insights, and memories treasured by our higher self. In fact, the whole idea of good and bad is a strictly human perspective; and while necessary to bring order to human society, it's not part of a higher plan. The higher plan is simply to maximize experiences of all kinds, whether "good" or "bad.""

Yes, this is true.  I say that based on my own experience as well as many others including scientists.  We are Consciousness and part of a Consciousness system... an evolving system that seeks out any and all experiences for the purpose of evolving.  Thanks for pointing this out!  Smiley

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 13
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.