Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 13
Send Topic Print
Nanci Danison's NDE (Read 119589 times)
a channel
Ex Member

Re: Nanci Danison's NDE
Reply #45 - Jan 13th, 2014 at 1:43pm

Hi Kathy,

Just wanted to say thanks for bringing Nanci to our/my attention.  While i don't agree with everything she says, i find it all interesting and worthwhile. 

May even get her books at some point, as her degree of memory does seem a bit unique or unusual.

IP Logged

recoverer

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Reply #46 - Jan 13th, 2014 at 1:45pm

Regarding what Justin said below, I remember seeing this and it "didn't" seem to me that she was faking.

"If she's a "fake", then she is a very, very good actor, because in a number of interviews when she talks about certain things, like merging with Source (actually the Creator Being of this Universe/larger reality), she spontaneously starts to tear up and you can plainly see and feel the depth of her emotion about it.  At least i could, and it seemed/felt very genuine."   

IP Logged

Lights of Love

Reply #47 - Feb 17th, 2014 at 12:06pm

I finally had time to finish Danison's 1st book this weekend.  All in all, it is one of the best NDE books I've read and there's very little, if anything I'd disagree with.  I liked the way she presents several different perspectives.  She went into quite a bit of detail regarding the death process or stages of death from the time one leaves the body to the point where she'd begun to merge with Source.  She gives good descriptions along with details.

She talks about merging with other beings and how one is able to experience the life of that being as though they were living it themselves.  This is something Don has mentioned ES talked about.  Something else ES talked about was living in "societies" in the afterlife.  Danison talks about the same thing as well as the unique powers a Light Being has and how one can make use of those to evolve while here the physical.

She did quote NDW from CWG a couple times, but what she quoted I would agree with.  She quotes from a few other NDErs, and from a book I've not read on healing.  This wasn't just another "new age" type of book saying the same old, same old.  There's a lot of good information that's written in clear, concise ways.

K

Tread softly through life with a tender heart and a gentle, understanding spirit.

IP Logged

DocM

Reply #48 - Feb 17th, 2014 at 12:53pm

Hi Kathy,

I am about 80 pages into her book (just got it this past weekend).  I like to read what she wrote, though it is unsettling, her speaking about our spirit merging with an independent "human animal capable of living independent of us."  Not sure I buy that one, but I'm open minded about it. 

One of my concerns was whether or not she died, and was resuscitated.  NDERF lists her NDE as a "possible" NDE.  She was given anesthesia.  I haven't seen the details yet.  But if her heart did not stop, and she had an altered consciousness OOBE, that does put a slightly different spin on it. 

Her account so far does go along with ES and others in some ways, but not in others.  She states emphatically that there are no hells or lost souls for all consciousness returns to Source with a sort of pre-programming.  She reasoned that if there are hells, they only stem from the early fears after death, but that passing through those, the soul would still leave the hellish experience and return to Source fairly soon.  Of course we all would like that to be true. 

She does quote from other NDErs, Moody, etc.  I actually find this to be a turn off, though I understand the need to add the experience of others.  I was hoping to hear her experience alone. 

She did sort of answer Don's question about afterlife contact.  Making the post-mortem soul much expanded and no longer bound by human fears - essentially saying our consciousness expands so far that we are not bound by the earth plane concerns, since we know our loved ones will be safe. 

She further was surprised not to meet her deceased relatives, but 5 light beings who were her disc group who she felt like she knew forever. 

Will finish it in the next few days and give any more that I can.  Thanks for recommending the book.

Matthew

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #49 - Feb 17th, 2014 at 1:47pm

Regarding the no hell thing, Dannion Brinkley had four NDEs. After his first 2 or 3 experiences he concluded that there are no lower realms. Then during either his 3rd or 4th he found that there are a bunch of Souls in lower realms and he said that these realms are becomming overly crowded.

He noticed such realms during his earlier NDEs but found them uncomfortable and therefore didn't find out what they are all about.

I don't believe a person becomes an all knowing master because of one NDE. Hopefully Nanci realizes that it is still possible for her to be wrong about some things. The way she can be so one-sided about some things shows me that her understanding of the big picture isn't complete. For example, she would understand the folly of stating to the extent that she does that everything that happens is okay. It is possible for undesireable things to happen in this Universe. Free will couldn't exist if such a possibility didn't exist.

IP Logged

DocM

Reply #50 - Feb 17th, 2014 at 2:10pm

Albert,

As I understand her, she is saying that everything is ok, because we all return to source in the end.  This is a thinking that sort of transcends good and evil - and she states that as much.  She believes that the human animal experience is just a pit stop, and that the various souls involved do not suffer for long (even the rapists, murderers, etc.) except how their higher souls regret what they did.  This, I assume would include the worst mass murderers, etc. 

Our polarized human incarnate animal sense of fairness and justice doesn't usualy like the idea that life is just a play or a dream and all will be fine in the end. 

M

IP Logged

Lights of Love

Reply #51 - Feb 17th, 2014 at 3:08pm

Hi Matthew,

Yes, at first I was a little uneasy with the metaphors she used for her description as a human animal capable of living independent of us, but as you get further into the book it made sense to me why she did that when she talks about the differences between the human and us as Light Beings inhabiting or blending with a human animal.  In a way, it actually makes sense that humans could evolve on their own at least to a certain point. 

It's all virtual... including our brains and bodies.  Tom Campbell describes the human as a "meat suit" that we "wear" to experience ELS, which is like a training simulator to evolve consciousness.  There's a lot of similarities between TC's model and what Danison says... not necessarily terminology wise, but the "feel" of it.  They are both saying the same thing using different words/metaphors.  She indicates, all that is happening is virtual or similar to a dream created by Source it is all "real" to the experiencers' of any of the realities.  And, of course, that why it works!  We truly believe it is all really real, rather than an illusion of separateness.  But as she says... it is a wondrous gift to us to be able to have these experiences of separation and to be able to believe they are really real.  But if we are to further evolve ELS, we need to wake up to who we really are with the hopes of that helping us to grow up.

As far as the human having the ability to live without a LB soul... while it may be possible, I have to wonder what that person would be like as it's personality would only have whatever is instinctive to human evolution.  And it would be difficult to know if human evolution alone would instinctively include love and caring.  I would think so, at least to a certain extent... however...   Like you, the jury's still out on that one.  And I hate to say it, but if true perhaps that would explain some of the extreme mental illnesses that exist.

She goes into more detail in later chapters about the things you've mentioned.  I'd like to hear more of your thoughts when you've finished reading.  I think if there's a prerequisite to reading this and understanding the big picture is to realize that what we really are is fundamentally, an individualized, teeny, tiny, bit of the whole of Consciousness, a point of consciousness that retains its individuality.  Everything else is created as virtual realities for the purpose of evolving Consciousness.  The Consciousness system is evolving itself through systems it creates such as ours.  At this point in time, I don't see how it can be any other way because it explains so much in ways that not only make sense, but covers all the bases I've been able to think of, at least so far.

Like you, I try to be open minded enough to allow for new information, yet skeptical enough to not allow any new information to become a belief.

Kathy

Tread softly through life with a tender heart and a gentle, understanding spirit.

IP Logged

a channel
Ex Member

Reply #52 - Feb 17th, 2014 at 3:40pm

DocM wrote on Feb 17th, 2014 at 2:10pm:
Albert,

As I understand her, she is saying that everything is ok, because we all return to source in the end.  This is a thinking that sort of transcends good and evil - and she states that as much.  She believes that the human animal experience is just a pit stop, and that the various souls involved do not suffer for long (even the rapists, murderers, etc.) except how their higher souls regret what they did.  This, I assume would include the worst mass murderers, etc. 

Our polarized human incarnate animal sense of fairness and justice doesn't usualy like the idea that life is just a play or a dream and all will be fine in the end. 

M

A relative truth yes, but not the whole truth.  What of freewill? 

Imagine this, every helper/retriever/guide type suddenly stops caring and stops trying to help those, whom by their use of freewill, get stuck.

What happens then?  Do we still magically end up as all as consciously One with Source again? 

Certainly, it is a possibility that it would eventually work out that way, but can we even begin to imagine the difference in the amount of time and suffering between scenarios wherein helper/retriever/guide types are active and doing as much as they can to help the process along, and another where everyone becomes completely laissez-faire  and says, "oh, it will work out in the end, so might as well be passive and only be concerned with self."

Funny enough, not a single Light Being i've communicated has the latter attitude.  Some are little more hands off than others, but they ALL care and they all work towards the end of suffering and towards faciliating conscious Oneness of the Whole in some way and some fashion.

In other words, common sense and feelings people!!!  Spiritual platitudes can be taken too far, especially when suffering is involved.

What i take away from a balance of these two extremes, is, work as much towards the betterment of the Whole as you can, but do not become overly attached to the process and the effects.  Make haste slowly and carefully Wink

But i do feel that there may be some people out there, who read Nanci's words and may take it in a limited way, as an excuse to not be active in the process, and a big part of being active in this whole process is improving self.  The more one improves self (by becoming a more pure channel of PUL), the more one can effectively help others. 

Which begs the question, should we listen over much to teachers who are not themselves fully consciously one with PUL consistently?  Should we not discern where they are off and where they are accurate to the best of our ability (especially by taking it to those expanded guidance forces under more ideal conditions of attunement)?

Goes back to that whole Yin-Yang, receptive/passive--active/directive thing.  Ever does balance tend to be more preferable, not one extreme or the other. 

Yin tends to be too laissez-faire and/or overly tolerant of sources of they like, and Yang tends to be too demanding or impatient or wanting to rush the process overmuch. 

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #53 - Feb 17th, 2014 at 4:37pm

Well put Justin.

IP Logged

Lights of Love

Reply #54 - Feb 17th, 2014 at 5:05pm

recoverer wrote on Feb 17th, 2014 at 1:47pm:
Regarding the no hell thing, Dannion Brinkley had four NDEs. After his first 2 or 3 experiences he concluded that there are no lower realms. Then during either his 3rd or 4th he found that there are a bunch of Souls in lower realms and he said that these realms are becomming overly crowded.

He noticed such realms during his earlier NDEs but found them uncomfortable and therefore didn't find out what they are all about.

I don't believe a person becomes an all knowing master because of one NDE. Hopefully Nanci realizes that it is still possible for her to be wrong about some things. The way she can be so one-sided about some things shows me that her understanding of the big picture isn't complete. For example, she would understand the folly of stating to the extent that she does that everything that happens is okay. It is possible for undesireable things to happen in this Universe. Free will couldn't exist if such a possibility didn't exist.

LOL Smiley I don't think anyone is "an all knowing master" regardless of their experiences... period!  However, I'm not sure what you mean by her being "one-sided" about some things.  She does indicate, at least in my opinion that "undesirable things" can happen.

I think what she means when she says there is no hell is the "type" of hell she was taught... eternal condemnation... burn in hell forever... God will punish you and throw you into hell if you're not good... sort of thing.  She does quote Dannion Brinkley a few times as I recall, but right off hand I don't recall what it was about.  She does state the following, which I'd agree:

"Souls relatively new to the process [of transition] may experience each transition stage for long periods of what we would call time.  ...Others would appear to us to be stuck at a particular stage of transition until they are ready and willing to move on."

"The dark void stage is meant to be momentary.  For most it is.  Some souls, however, do not adjust well to the blackness and they panic.  This is particularly true if the newly freed soul does not instantly see the Light.  Human panic may have distracted the soul from proceeding with its transformation.  ...their fearful thoughts of some NDErs instantly manifested into hellish realities.  Had they continued through the process, they would have progressed through the terrifying stages to be drawn into the Light."

Though she doesn't state this in so many words, but I interpreted the words she did say as the idea that "salvation" is built into the system, so to speak.  After all is said and done, all souls will be able to return to God/Source through evolution of the soul, that none will truly be lost.  Certainly a possibility, however, I do wonder about souls that end up de-evolving.  Also a possibility, but only if the soul doesn't return to the light after a "life" is completed.  If, reincarnation is true and a soul does return to the light at the completion of a "life", it seems there could be a natural progression that could eventually result in salvation or returning to God/Source, where none is lost.

K

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #55 - Feb 17th, 2014 at 5:35pm

Kathy:

I can recall times when Nanci speaks of some things being undesirable, but there are also times when she speaks as if everything is okay to an extent where she treads on misleading ground. I believe it might be best if she qualified such statements more than she does.

Has she stated that a person's overall state of mind and the resulting energetic will determine where a person ends up after death? Has she stated things such as, if a person is a drug addict, he might be drawn to a drug addict who is currently alive and attach to that person?

If not, well, if she's going to present herself as if she is telling the whole story, perhaps she should take more care to do so.

Regarding de-evolving Souls, I don't know if there are Souls that get so loss that they never return to Source.

If Nanci read this discussion, I wonder what she would think of some of the things I just said.

IP Logged

Lights of Love

Reply #56 - Feb 17th, 2014 at 6:42pm

Albert,

You'll have to give me some examples because I did not see where she as you say... "treads on misleading ground."  My feeling was that she tried her best to describe her experience and did so very well in my opinion.  You saying things like this makes me wonder if you are questioning her integrity?

Quote:
Has she stated that a person's overall state of mind and the resulting energetic will determine where a person ends up after death? Has she stated things such as, if a person is a drug addict, he might be drawn to a drug addict who is currently alive and attach to that person?

No she didn't.  If something like this wasn't a part of Danison's experience, she'd have no reason to write about it since the book is about her experience.

What makes you think her intention was "telling the whole story" that would include everything that "could" happen?  I know you've read her third book.  Have you read the first one, too?

K

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #57 - Feb 17th, 2014 at 7:11pm

Kathy:

I don't mean to question Nanci's integrity. She seems like a nice person with good intentions, and overall I'm happy that she took the time to write her books and do interviews. I've found it very helpful to read and hear about some of the things she has to say.

It would be hard for me to show you where she seems to go on the everything is okay side a bit much, because I would have to listen to all of her interviews etc in order to do so, and I don't believe that would be a good use of time.

Perhaps these moments stand out to me more than they do to you, because of my history of being exposed to sources that over do the everything that happens in this World is okay/nothing is bad viewpoint.

Whatever the case, I'm not alone in this assessment:  Justin noticed it, I think Roger noticed it, and if I remember correctly the lady I borrowed Nanci's first book from also noticed it.

Regarding the lower realm thing, I believe Nanci presents her material in a way where some people might conclude that she is telling the whole story about how the afterlife works even though she doesn't. If people read her "nothing is bad" statements and combine this with her "no hell" statements, some of these people might conclude that there are no repurcussions for living a life in a negative way. 

IP Logged

Lights of Love

Reply #58 - Feb 18th, 2014 at 11:45am

Hi Albert,

Ok, now I think I understand what you're saying.  Yes, everyone's "history" does seem to put a spin on how they interpret something.  I guess that's one of the things that make each of us unique.  It sounds like you may be basing your impressions on her interviews, which, I agree, they really don't tell the whole story.  I believe Justin said he's only watched the interviews and that's likely the case with Roger, as well.  The book, of course, goes into much greater detail.  And I really don't see how someone could read the book and make the conclusions you're concerned with, unless they were to only pick and choose a few statements, make a conclusion, and not "hear" the rest of what she has to say.  I really think there's no need to worry or be concerned about that.

For example, she mentions her life review numerous times to impress on people that there are repercussions for "living life in a negative way" as you mentioned.  During the life review, you will feel the way all the people you caused harm to felt because of your actions.  Not how you felt when someone wronged you, but only how they felt, as well as the repercussions that rippled downward.  No doubt we will judge our self quite harshly when we experience firsthand what we did to someone from their perspective.  I think we're all in for a painful awakening at some point, unless of course, you've never caused harm to someone else. Roll Eyes

In her words from the chapter on hell which is only 2-1/2 pages long:

"No soul goes to a place of damnation for all of eternity.  No human body goes anywhere after death but back to the component chemical elements of which it is comprised.

That is not to say that Source avoids all unpleasant or hellish experiences.  Individual souls may temporarily experience hellish adventures and states of being as part of their overall travels in quest of experiences of all types.  Source understands that it cannot know true bliss until it is contrasted with true suffering.  So we Light Beings experience both on its behalf.

Some NDErs report trips to hell after they leave their bodies.  My understanding of our nature as Light Beings leads me to believe that those NDErs may not have gone far enough through the transition from human to Being of Light to lose their combined human/soul personalities.  So they manifested events born of human fear, as though they were still in the body.

Alternately, these NDErs may consider the life review, with its associated emotions, to be a form of punishment expected only in hell.  During a life review you feel every emotion you caused another to feel during human life.  You will live it fully, intensely, and remorsefully if you cause another being pain.  This is the only hell you will suffer when you leave this life, but it will be so much more humiliating because it will be a hell of you own creation.  Yet it is temporary and lasts only so long as it takes you to come to terms with the end of your human adventure and make emotional peace with yourself.

We are responsible for our own choices, our own thoughts, acts, and deeds.  Only us.  The desire to escape that responsibility may be human nature.  Yet we cannot escape our true nature as Light Beings, who do take complete responsibility for not only our own actions but also their consequences."

K

IP Logged

seagull

ALK Member

land sea sky
Reply #59 - Feb 18th, 2014 at 12:23pm

I think it's important to mention again and again that this is one person's "NDE" (if it was one), and not necessarily what every single person on the planet will experience.

I feel a slight concern that some people reading this will assume that it might be better to go ahead and leave the planet right this second so that they won't "hurt" anyone else and have to experience a horrible "life review."

My understanding is that during many people's "life reviews" they are accompanied by a very loving being(s) and their understanding during the process is enhanced, so it is not like some kind of torturous experience such as, having finally escaped their earthly life, they must experience everyone else's life that they touched to the point where they will throw themselves into some kind of self-created hell -- and that somehow this is a beautiful thing.

I simply don't believe it.

There are all kinds of reasons why people act the way they do, all kinds of motivations which stem from seemingly insignificant events years earlier. I think it would be tremendously unfair for anyone to have to take some kind of codependent responsibility for the reactions of everyone else on the planet regarding their every minute action.

What I see the life review as is an educational process, not some kind of emotional torture chamber. Kind of like reading the book after seeing the movie -- there's just very often a different take on things, and more information there than anyone could put in the movie.

Just a personal opinion, my own, of course. The life review is something I believe is very very personalized. Some of it may have already taken place during a person's actual physical life. Additionally, further understanding of our own emotional processes, our personal growth patterns, how effective certain life strategies have been for us, etc. -- that is education.

I have never personally experienced a "hell" while doing retrievals. I have seen, rather, kind of "stuck" situations, but no one mired in anything resembling a kind of hell. That doesn't mean it doesn't exist -- but I simply do not believe it. Perhaps I see it as "not there."

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 13
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.