Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 13
Send Topic Print
Nanci Danison's NDE (Read 119683 times)
a channel
Ex Member

Re: Nanci Danison's NDE
Reply #90 - Feb 21st, 2014 at 3:21pm

Recoverer wrote, "I don't know if a body can walk around with a Soul."

Why not, we do it all the time.  Wink

I think you meant to write, "I don't know if a body can walk around without a Soul."?   

IP Logged

recoverer

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Reply #91 - Feb 21st, 2014 at 3:36pm

Right, thanks for the correction. Before you know it I'll spell Nanci's last name "Denison" like that other poster. Grin

Quote:
Recoverer wrote, "I don't know if a body can walk around with a Soul."

Why not, we do it all the time.  Wink

I think you meant to write, "I don't know if a body can walk around without a Soul."?   

IP Logged

Lights of Love

Reply #92 - Feb 21st, 2014 at 6:02pm

Hi Matthew,

Yes, I agree the metaphor of us as light beings merging with a human animal is a bit unnerving.  But I wouldn't take this too seriously.  It's only a way to describe something.  That doesn't mean that's actually the way it is.  What she describes as our fears coming from animal instincts is usually described as the "ego", which as you know, is the result of fear.  My take on this has essentially been the same as yours, that our body is a manifestation of our soul.  Still the body is subject to the evolution of the physical world, a product of genetics and hereditariness, among others such as ELS rules/laws and beliefs passed from generation to generation.

At the root, it is all consciousness moved by intent that creates everything that exists.  Some may be more comfortable with the idea that our physical body is a character in a simulation governed by rules/laws that was set in motion to evolve on its own, where the soul chooses the attributes of the character it wants to incarnate into.  And only a portion of our total self is incarnate, or became flesh within the simulation.

Another way to describe the same thing is to say this world is a simulation much like a video game where we as a Light Being chooses the attributes that we want to make up the character we want to play.  If consciousness is basically information, then we'd never have to "leave" the comfort of "Home" within Source.  All we'd need do is multi-task and extend a part of our consciousness into the character we want to play.

Seems like there's a lot of different ways to describe essentially the same thing.  They're just models of reality and the only useful way we have to understand and communicate.

Danison's books (first and third) are some of the most interesting and unique that I've ever read.

K

Tread softly through life with a tender heart and a gentle, understanding spirit.

IP Logged

DocM

Reply #93 - Feb 21st, 2014 at 9:32pm

Hi Kathy,  yes, recently, I've seen myself in day to day activities, as an observer, almost as if my consciousness were inserted into a game. Eckhart Tolle in his book The Power of Now, tries to get us to focus on being the observer as a way to deconstruct our ego, for the observer is usually centered, calm and our true self. 

This is all fascinating to me.  Don questions why more deceased humans don't contact us when they pass on.  In Nanci Danison's model, there is an answer there; the human mind is narrowed and hobbled compared to the light-being mind.  We are here to experience the life and absorb our experience.  Once our human limitations fall away, according to Danison, we lose the human animal perspective.  She says, for instance that she was totally unconcerned in outward appearances for her loved ones on earth, for she saw the bigger picture - that they would be fine.
She saw that most of our concerns about accomplishments, earthly endeavors (etc.), came out of ego and fear, and hence were unimportant in the grand scheme of things. 

She reports seeing from multiple perspectives at once and multiple times, including past/present/future.  She even brought back predictions with her, some of which have come true.  Hopefully more won't, for she saw a vision of the entire Northeast coast of the USA being washed away as well as the island of Japan, and she foresaw the collapse of the entire world financial system, prior to a rebirth of a "third epoch," in which human beings would be happier and more spiritually mature. 

But her cosmology does make sense, and has its own coherence along with similarities to visions of others, even E. Swedenborg. 

M

IP Logged

a channel
Ex Member

Reply #94 - Feb 21st, 2014 at 11:12pm

DocM writes about Nanci's work, "That she believes that reports of hells are actually people in the early stages after death manifesting their still-human fears. "

Quite inaccurate.  Unfortunately, some folks spend very long times in these very stuck areas of consciousness.   

DocM writes about Nanci's work, "for she saw a vision of the entire Northeast coast of the USA being washed away as well as the island of Japan, and she foresaw the collapse of the entire world financial system, prior to a rebirth of a "third epoch," in which human beings would be happier and more spiritually mature. "

Fairly accurate.   At this point, there will be major world changes and civilization collapse that no one, nor humans as a whole, can stop.  We passed the point of no return. 

However, if we focus on the last part of the above, perhaps we can come to understand that the temporary difficulty and suffering will be worth it, because there truly is a very beautiful, harmonious, and happy future probability waiting for us to co-manifest. 

It will be worth it.  But that Golden Age will not, and cannot at this point, happen without the collapse and major world changes.  There was points further in the past, wherein it could have, but despite being given chance after chance, and delay after delay, we have chosen the hard way.  I say we, but while it is we as a collective to some extent, it's really more the world powers who have had more of an influence in this than the common person. 

The average person, is doing ok, and there is a palpable awakening going on, which is gaining momentum, but it's the world powers that need to be broken up and nothing short of such extreme changes will be able do so.

IP Logged

Rondele
Ex Member

Reply #95 - Feb 22nd, 2014 at 10:57am

Matthew-

<<She believes we have a symbiotic relationship with the human animal who serves as our host.  Most unsettling, she claims that the human animal can exist without a soul, and that rarely, the soul may leave the animal early - but she doesn't go into detail about that scenario.  Some people in a hobbled or vegetative state perhaps without a soul?>>

Actually a body without a soul, but having its own consciousness, is not as far fetched the more I think about it.

Think about any of our autonomic functions.  Digestive system for example.  We eat, swallow the food and our multi-tasking body does the rest without any conscious input of ourselves. 

And a person in a coma who has little or no chance to be revived....assuming in some cases the soul leaves the body before death occurs, the body still functions on its own.  In that case, couldn't we say that the body has no soul but maintains its own consciousness?

Doesn't seem so unsettling, it's just that consciousness has more than one definition.

R

IP Logged

a channel
Ex Member

Reply #96 - Feb 22nd, 2014 at 2:09pm

Well outlined Rondele. 

I think often, we make a distinction between physical and consciousness. 

This is sort of a limiting idea/concept, or at least it's not the whole pie.  Physical IS consciousness and vice versa. 

It's like a level of same, a specific focus and dimension of consciousness. 

There are differences between our consciousness and the level of consciousness that the physical is. 

Perhaps the best way to understand the relationship/connection and difference between the two, is by the analogy that the physical is our collective and individual consciousness reflected back to us.  An symbolic image of same, or like the negative of a photograph.

However, it's only a rather small part of our consciousness being reflected back (the stuck parts of same originally).  And because it's a reflection and temporary manifestation, it's a distorted image.  It will always be a distorted reflection or image of inner consciousness to some extent or degree, but we are in the process of changing the physical to more match up with the inner consciousness both collectively and individually. 

And that's the meaning of Yeshua's Resurrection.  Poof, he lined up the reflection with the source of same as perfectly as can be done.  The difference between physical and inner consciousness disappeared for him, that illusion of a veil or separation is no longer a reality for him. Which is why he can seemingly defy physical laws at will, aging, dying, being in more than one place at a time, etc, etc.

When most of us do this, via perfect attunement to PUL, the physical will not exist anymore.   

IP Logged

DocM

Reply #97 - Feb 22nd, 2014 at 10:12pm

I like the coherence of Nanci's cosmology.  I like the optimism in her stating that we all are extensions of Source and all find our way back to Source. 

I am not certain how I feel about her belief in countless past lives.  While in her NDE, she shared some of her fellow-light beings' lives and reviewed/lived them in an instant, while they eagerly sampled her recent life.  I am not sure how she knew she had thousands of prior lives, as opposed to those being part of her soul group.

Ok, to all you reincarnationists  - here is a dilemma that may be difficult to solve.  If we are all part of Source, and all connected to each other, and if earth life is our deliberate insertion into the physical world to experience the illusion of separation, then how are thousands of past illusory separations  "our" lives, when the notion of a separate individual is wrong?

We all have a uniqueness and are part of Source/God but also ourselves.  I suppose the logical contradiction of past lives being unreal may not matter if the soul recognizes the lives as part of what Nanci calls a "knowing."   A knowing is information gleaned from the universe that is a mental certainty.  As such, it simply is, and is not subject to being proven or disproven in the physical world. 

M

IP Logged

BobMoenroe
Ex Member

Reply #98 - Feb 23rd, 2014 at 4:24am

DocM, a part of the whole is still a part even if not currently aware of self as a part (of bigger sub-groups) of the whole. If the spirits Nanci met were a part of her oversoul/disk, they weren't past ones but present/simultaneous. Reading this thread it does seem like her description of source is but the source of her extension(s).

IP Logged

heisenberg69

England
Reply #99 - Feb 23rd, 2014 at 6:37am

' Ok, to all you reincarnationists  - here is a dilemma that may be difficult to solve.  If we are all part of Source, and all connected to each other, and if earth life is our deliberate insertion into the physical world to experience the illusion of separation, then how are thousands of past illusory separations  "our" lives, when the notion of a separate individual is wrong?'

Hi Doc,

I think this type of apparent juxtaposition comes up often i.e. is it really this or is it really that ? But an analogy could be drawn between that dilemma and the definition of a table. Is it a swirling haze of sub-atomic activity as a quantum physicist might say or is it the solid object on which I place my coffee ? The answer seems to be both; it depends at what level you are asking the question!

I think its also important to say that just because something is an illusion it doesn't mean to say its not real. That sounds like a contradiction but when the illusion of separation causes, for example, a suicide bomber to strap a bomb vest on, then in a significant way they have made that illusion a reality for themself. Illusions can be powerful.

IP Logged

DocM

Reply #100 - Feb 23rd, 2014 at 7:59am

I agree my friend.

But all it means is that the idea of reincarnation is a bit beyond human understanding.  If Nanci joined Source, she realized that the separation from Source into an individual life was really an illusion, but at the same time she "knew" that she, an individual point of Source had lived thousands of times before in this game.  But why were her lives different or unique to her consciousness from another illusory life in her disc group?  If all is Source, then the arbitrary divisions in and amongst a Soul group are an illusion also.  Just saying...

IP Logged

heisenberg69

England
Reply #101 - Feb 23rd, 2014 at 9:35am

Maybe she was in a position to delicately balance perspectives in the same way that when we get to know a visual illusion well (such as lady in hat, old woman with big nose) we can almost see them simultaneously. Would'nt a similar dilemma arise if we heard someone say that they were both an American and a Kentuckian unless we knew that Kentucky was a subset of the US? In Nanci's case her past lives were/are a subset of source. I don't think an illusion means it doesn't exist - only that there is a higher (meta) perspective to see it from.I agree with you though its at the limits of my 'boggle' threshold too !

IP Logged

Lights of Love

Reply #102 - Feb 23rd, 2014 at 1:19pm

Hi Matthew,

It's my understanding that Source created each Light Being as a unique extension of itself.  Just as Source can create unlimited Light Beings as extensions of itself, a single Light Being can create unlimited extensions of itself or "characters" to experience physical realities.  All the characters are within a Light Being's consciousness and since each character is also an individualized point of the Light Being's consciousness, upon re-acclimation to Light Being each character is able to perceive each of the characters portrayed within itself since each character is the Light Being.

If all the characters are individualized points of consciousness of a Light Being, then the Light Being would have full knowledge of other characters it had portrayed.  Since each character is an individualized point of consciousness and time does exist, any individualized character could view other characters as past lives or even future lives depending on where it fit along the time continuum or life cycle of the Light Being.  Or perhaps futures lives are viewed as probable future lives.

I can see where Light Beings along with all of their characters would have full consciousness of themselves and each other, because all Light Beings are participating in a virtual reality created by Source.  So the illusion still exists.  However, once a Light Being merges back into source I wonder if it would still retain a sense of individuality?  Or if all illusion vanishes and a Light Being would simply be conscious of being Source as a sum total of its Beingness?  That seems likely, but who knows?

Kathy

Tread softly through life with a tender heart and a gentle, understanding spirit.

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #103 - Feb 23rd, 2014 at 2:22pm

Kathy said: "However, once a Light Being merges back into source I wonder if it would still retain a sense of individuality?  Or if all illusion vanishes and a Light Being would simply be conscious of being Source as a sum total of its Beingness?  That seems likely, but who knows?"

Recoverer responds: "I love my existence and value the existence of others. My ability to be aware is real. My ability to learn, become wiser, and make love and wisdom based-decisions is real. My ability to live according to love is real. The love I feel and share is real.

Certainly there is more to love and wisdom than just pretending. I believe we need to answer the issue of everything being an illusion with our hearts rather than our intellect.

If we rely on our intellect as non-dualists tend to do all of us are going to have to commit spiritual suicide at the end so that one selfish and uncaring being who used us for its own purposes gets to survive all by its lonesome miserable self.

Or perhaps love and common sense will reign supreme and we will be one and many at the same time!"

IP Logged

a channel
Ex Member

Reply #104 - Feb 23rd, 2014 at 2:32pm

Well said and outlined Kathy. 

Re: the last part, why wonder when you can ask those who have completed same? 

Some of us have asked those.  There is still some sense of individuality and self awareness, but at the same time full awareness of Oneness/connection with the Whole. 

Why would we have to completely lose our sense of individuality?

What i'm not sure of, and haven't yet asked about, is what happens to all the various selves within a particular Light Being, when the Light Being merges with Source.  Perhaps these selves reintegrate into the Light Being to the point wherein there is no more individuality of the various different selves, or "characters", and they become more like memories and perspective references within the larger Light Being?  Their job was to teach by experience the Light Being about itself and it's relations to others, and once that job is fully complete, maybe they aren't needed as individualized characters anymore? 

It's not like anything is lost, since they/us are just aspects of that Light Being to begin with. 

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 13
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.