Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
My First OBE (Read 2424 times)
nonphysicalguy

Floridaaaaa
My First OBE
Apr 19th, 2009 at 10:17pm

Hello Forum

This morning I had my first OOBE.  I think...

I have been trying to project for a while, and finally did it.  I think trying at night was my downfall.  This morning it happened on its own, without me even trying.
I experienced vibrations, as I read I would, and buzzed free.  I floated up twoards the ceiling.  At first I was in my room.  It was a little dark.  But when I left my room, it was like I entered a whole nother world.  I was in a totally different place.  There were buildings and scenery all over that just did not belong there.  It only lasted for a few moments, then I lost consciousness.
Why were things so different?  Shouldn't it look like it does in real life?  My room was the same, so why wasn't outside?  Was it really an OBE, or just a dream?

Thanks for any replies!!!!

IP Logged

betson

Afterlife Knowledge Member

SE USA
Re: My First OBE
Reply #1 - Apr 20th, 2009 at 9:53am

Hi Toby,

You do seem to have left the physical ! Once out you may have gone into another stream of earthly time , or perhaps you went to a level of the afterlife ! 

Sometimes we get just such glimpses so that our conscious minds won't 'click out' too quickly to avoid realities it doesn't expect.

If you say to yourself that you are ready to see more, you'll be setting your intent, and this gives your conscious mind the idea that you really want to do this.  Smiley
(And you are ready or nothing would have happened.)
Congratulations!

Bets

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
Shakespeare

IP Logged

nonphysicalguy

Floridaaaaa
Reply #2 - Apr 20th, 2009 at 1:56pm

Hello Betson

Thanks for the reply!  I have read that dreams are similar to OBEs, and are acutally sometimes the same thing, so I guess even if it was a lucid dream, I would have technically still left the physical.  So its allll goooood!  By the way, my name is not toby.  It is Nonphysical Guy.  Nonphysical is my first name, Guy is my last name.  I don't know why my parents named me this but its okay, the name suits me.

IP Logged

Beau

Greenville SC
Reply #3 - Apr 20th, 2009 at 4:07pm

That is great news that you got out, Toby or Nonphysical Guy. What you describe sounds like the real deal to me and that's comforting since I'm still working on solidly getting out myself.

All the world's a stage...whose stage?--that is the question!...or is it the answer...Who is on first.
IP Logged

betson

SE USA
Reply #4 - Apr 20th, 2009 at 7:12pm

My apologies, Nonphysicalguy,

for my gaff with your name.

I hope you'll keep us posted on anything that you find out about that scene--perhaps it's a place you will visit again,  Smiley either in the physical or non-physical realms.

Your experience sounds like a classic way to start your explorations.

Bets

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
Shakespeare

IP Logged

spooky2

Reply #5 - Apr 20th, 2009 at 10:31pm

Hi Nonphysical Guy,
to float out of the room to find yourself in a totally different place is a typical thing with OBEs. There is this very earthly-physical seeming world (which often turns out to be actually a mixture of the physical and something else), and other places, some seem like physical, some less. I wish you happy adventures out there!

And I'm not sure if there is really a border between lucid dreaming and OBEs. I've had it, and others, too, that the one turns into the other, and sometimes you just don't know.

Spooky

"I'm going where the pavement turns to sand"&&Neil Young, "Thrasher"

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #6 - Apr 21st, 2009 at 4:26pm

Physical Universe rules don't apply to astral travel, therefore, we can travel in all kinds of ways astrally. I'd say the sky is the limit, but that's a physical thing.

IP Logged

I Am Dude

Reply #7 - Apr 21st, 2009 at 7:18pm

nonphysicalguy

It seems you expected to project to the real time zone, which is basically a reflection of the physical world.  But rather, you projected to an astral realm which was quite different from your physical settings.  This happens to me all the time.  I never really know where I am going to project to... everything usually looks familiar until I leave my room and realize I am in a totally different place.. sometimes even my room is different.  This is a normal phenomenon of OBEs.

But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things will be added unto you.

IP Logged

tgecks

Dahlonega, Georgia
Reply #8 - Apr 25th, 2009 at 10:26am

Robert Monroe called it "Locale 1", and also described in detail Locale 2 and even Locale 3. These are terms which have been dropped from current Monroe programs because of the redundancy and confusion. Locale 1 was a copy of this 3-D world in which one can explore which is not the same, but very similar, to C-1.

These terms are discussed at length in Monroe's first book Journeys out of the Body. It is Locale 2 in which I do all of my exploration, not a copy of this place...

Even Bruce described a place called Wahunka (can you help us here, Bruce?).

Thomas

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.