Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Evil Babes? (Read 5794 times)
betson

Afterlife Knowledge Member

SE USA
Evil Babes?
Mar 25th, 2009 at 10:07am

Greetings,

I borrowed Alan's questions to start a new thread:
Alan said:
''1) Are some people born intrinsically evil?    
(My answer is I am not sure)

2) Most Christian fundamentalist believe we are
all born evil and we all need to be saved from the
fires of hell.  (I do not believe this, Jesus said
“blessed are the little children for theirs is the
kingdom of heaven”)

3) They go as far as to say a new born baby
is born with a sin (the fall of man due to Adams unbelief.)''

What do you think?

Bets

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
Shakespeare

IP Logged

seeking_answers

Re: Evil Babes?
Reply #1 - Mar 25th, 2009 at 10:24am

i speak with no knowledge of christianity...but i believe...a person is not born evil....ppl and circumstances make him evil....although exceptions do occur Smiley

IP Logged

Aras

Seattle
Reply #2 - Mar 25th, 2009 at 10:44am

NO.. I don't believe one is born 'evil'.
SmileyAras

IP Logged

seeking_answers

Reply #3 - Mar 25th, 2009 at 10:48am

yeh...ive seen ppl badmouth hitler...but if u see..hitler wasnt a born bad man...his peers and circumstances made him a dictator. Undecided

IP Logged

juditha
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Mar 25th, 2009 at 12:08pm

Hi bets I beleive that people are not born evil,i'ts just some are born into evil situations,be it family or war,these circumstances can lead to there upbringing knowing only that violence is the key and not love, as a child in wartorn country,and a violent family upbringing can create a child coming into adolesence and adulthood knowing only pain,violence and evil in their heart and at war inside with those they come into contact with through life, as there is the saying "Evil begets Evil,Some children are saved from there circumstances and some children are not so fortunate to be saved,theres a lot of wrong out there in the world.

Thats probably why when these adult children pass into the spiritworld,then these ones are also saved as there is so much love there ,evil stands no chance.

On the earth plain Evil is fed by the Evil of others,but in the spiritworld Evil is starved of Evil by unconditional love and thats why Evil cannot win because in the end it has to face our divine spirit God who's loving light throws out all darkness.

Love and God bless    love juditha

IP Logged

DocM

Reply #5 - Mar 25th, 2009 at 12:16pm

If we define evil as being opposed to love of people and God, and good as one who expresses love of other people and God, then I do believe that some children are born with evil tendencies.

From my perspective, the soul vibrates at a certain frequency which corresponds to the level of love that soul has attained.  There is a gradual progression of most souls toward love and God, however, some people in "hells" and lower focus levels (in Monroe/Moen speak) are caught up in ego-based nonloving behaviour. 

It seems to me that earth is a unique system in which people of all spiritual levels may incarnate.  As such, it is logical to me that some souls which would be in a lower astral plane or spiritual level may incarnate and be born into a child.

There are many variables once the child is born, but since I believe in the pre-existence of the soul, then I suppose I believe some spiritual beings who are unloving can be born into babies. 

It sounds bizarre, but I guess I do believe in evil babies or bad seeds.   I also believe in their ability to change, and become more loving - a wonderful thing when you see it happen on earth. 

M

IP Logged

Ralph Buskey

Brick Township, NJ
Reply #6 - Mar 25th, 2009 at 2:57pm

I feel that evil is a manifestation of an errant mind that has been caught up in any one or all of the five passions; being lust, anger, greed, attachment, and vanity.

The separation of the loving soul from the mind can allow these passions to take over the mind of a person and in the satisfaction of the mind's ego, will cause total disregard for the affects upon other beings making the person seem evil.

A person who's life is run by a self absorbed mind rather than their soul will not be able to realize that in the eyes of other's they are being evil. The errant mind may actually know that it is being evil and instead be enjoying it.

I don't believe that God would have created any evil souls and being that the soul stays in the purer realms of existence, it's just a matter of time until the errant mind dissipates and all that's left is the original loving soul.

Sincerely,
Ralph

Ralph Buskey Ralph Buskey  
IP Logged

vajra
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Mar 25th, 2009 at 7:58pm

Smiley Guess in my (eastern influenced) current view the cycle of death and rebirth doesn't somehow magically change the person's ego/basic tendencies/karma - that's down to life experience/circumstances, self work and intention.

If an individual is very strongly controlled by egotistically driven behaviours in this life, then it's also going to be the case through the afterlife, and into the next life.

The big variable is probably life circumstances - given the that karma (some teach) manifests unpredictably the individual may be born into a situation that more or less causes underlying egotistical tendencies to manifest.

Over a longer picture/multiple cycles the negative karma resulting from this will presumably result in a tendency towards rebirth in less advantageous circumstances - and the deeper one gets enmeshed in karma the harder it seems to get to summon the will to work towards release.

This view essentially holds that there is no objectively existing independent evil - only degrees of entrapment by ego. Which in turn obscures our ability to see from the higher view (we instead perceive them from a low level that casts them as evil and hence fearful individuals undeserving of love) the oneness and lovable/love deserving nature of all - and hence makes it more or less difficult to choose love as the basis of our life.

The other perspective that's important in my book is that karma and tendencies to ego/evil are not the result of some external cosmic system of reward or punishment. They are rather the result of our own beliefs, the creation of our mind.

This is in fact the way mirage of ego sustains itself - we draw on our perhaps heavily suppressed knowledge of what is good to set a standard by which we judge ourselves. The resulting guilt combined with an imagined vengeful God (seen as another self to be feared, rather than an all loving power of which we are a part, one that will not punish and  which anyway sees what we perceive as evil as non-existent) causes us to instinctively retreat from love, and hence further into ego driven beliefs and behaviours that result in 'evil'. This becomes a negative spiral driving us away from God/love/our higher nature.

This is why ACIM for example teaches that forgiveness is the solution (Buddhism teaches the development of compassion, wisdom and equanimity by similar means, most especially compassion towards self) - realisation that this whole belief system is just that, and not real; and therefore capable of being dropped instantly.

The problem is of course to find our way to doing this - ego beliefs make our guilt and fear and all the other perceptions that strengthen ego and thus make self forgiveness very difficult.

It's taught that it's not possible except with the help of higher mind/the Holy Spirit and right intention....

IP Logged

spooky2

Reply #8 - Mar 25th, 2009 at 10:17pm

Hi Bets,
I'm very happy about the answer you gave on number 2.

In a way, yes, we are born into evil (though it's a bit hard that word), just because we incarnate into a body; this way, it's the name of the game that we're swimming in muddy waters. It's a game, and when we know that, we can focus on what is really important and joyous. You used/interpreted a bible text in a way I like.

Spooky

"I'm going where the pavement turns to sand"&&Neil Young, "Thrasher"

IP Logged

Lucy

C1
Reply #9 - Mar 26th, 2009 at 3:48pm

When I first saw the topic I thought maybe you were going to talk about hot tattoed Babes with, uh, cartoon figures out on the prowl... Grin

Born evil and born in sin might not be equivalent....

one of Sylvia Brown's books discusses people who reincarnate without an interim period of reflection. Some of the descriptions of these people sound to me like they fall toward the evil category. They keep repeating because they refuse to reflect in between lives.

One book I read years ago and was written decades ago, so had a slightly different perspective, included a statement from a woman who claimed she could tell the character of a baby right after it was born Something was  stamped on the face. This something seemed to fade away after a day or two or something like that. I think in order to see that sort of thing, she must have been like a midwife in what we would call a small town in a time when babies were born at home. Still, I thought it was an interesting statement.

Sin is often defined as separation from God. How is evil defined? Some people do seem to have the intent to have power over others  and to do harm.

I had something happen to me that made me feel like the people involved were evil. Of course, I was very enraged and not everyone would agree with tme that this was evil. But I found that I wanted to say they were evil  because what happened to me brought me to a place of great darkness and despair. My definition of evil at that point was not based in words but in the experience itself. I still have trouble finding the words to describe "evil."

But maybe I kid myself when I think I understand what is meant by "separation from God." If evil has such a particular feel, then what does 'not separated from God' feel like?

IP Logged

moonsandjunes
Ex Member

Reply #10 - Mar 26th, 2009 at 4:44pm

IP Logged

identcat

New Hampshire
Reply #11 - Mar 26th, 2009 at 4:55pm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cognitive_disabilities

If you read through the complete article it will explain why a human (and animals) are born evil.  Read the whole thing--- cat

The three things you can never take back:
The spoken word.
The unkind thought.
The misused hour.
identcat  
IP Logged

identcat

New Hampshire
Reply #12 - Mar 26th, 2009 at 4:59pm

I wrote back on a blog that there are many physical factors that will casuse a human being to be prone to a particular personality. That is why we have profilers. By checking a person's genes, we are able to determine what that person is pron to become as s/he developes. Sometime, with the proper education and medications, the "evil" is avoided. We are all born pure. We have a decision BEFORE we carnate to the human form as to which factors we will accept for our personalities. ---cat

The three things you can never take back:
The spoken word.
The unkind thought.
The misused hour.
identcat  
IP Logged

moonsandjunes
Ex Member

Reply #13 - Mar 27th, 2009 at 6:55am

The link is informative, cat.

In my mind, mental disability is one thing...and 'evil' is another. I don't use the word 'evil' because, from my perspective, its use could be interpreted to demean others, so, to me, it is an overly open term. I hear it as a verbally abusive term, when applied to a living being, and there are many other terms which I consider verbally abusive.

Now, I do not accuse anyone here of verbally abusing anyone else. I simply continue to point at the word 'evil' to express my discomfort. I must be careful to distinguish between actions or events which I consider harmful -- and human beings. The actions may be in error, -- in which case, the causes of pain and suffering can be identified, and better understood, but even the use of words such as 'insane' can be misapplied, from my perspective.

I do not make these remarks with the intention of denying or minimising the effects of the kinds of differences that exist in this world, the tragedies, the difficulties, but simply as a caution. If I use a term such as 'evil' it is likely that my mind will attach negative emotions to that term. That, in itself, attaches a burden to my interpretation of a given situation.

Do I need that emotional burden attached to a given situation? I choose what I carry with me, so I say no to that burden.

However, there may be a person who has a real need to use such a term from time to time, simply to vent, to express an enormous frustration with events beyond his/her control. From time to time I believe people can have a need to express frustration, to give themselves permission to use emotionally laden words. I won't judge that, and it's not my place to do so. In such a case, I might choose to leave that particular room briefly, if it is in my presence.

IP Logged

vajra
Ex Member

Reply #14 - Mar 27th, 2009 at 6:33pm

'Evil' is sometimes defined as doing wrong when knowing that it is wrong. i.e. a definite (although probably not necessarily conscious) and deliberate decision to head down a path as opposed inadvertent or unwise error.

This for me is a more satisfactory definition than some. It places it back in the realm of mind, and also suggests that absolute (a person completely incapable of good) or independently existing evil is not possible - in that you can't know something is wrong unless you also know what is 'good' or loving.

It also allows for the possibility that 'ignorance' (in the Budhist sense of not knowing what is wrong as a result of a lack of wisdom or correct teaching) is also a cause of wrong.

By this definition 'evil' is nothing much to do with the magnitude of the harm done despite our tendency to feel that this is the case - because the magnitude of the harm is a lot to do with the perception and situation of the other, and because in the end this 'reality' is not for real...

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.