Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
A Recent "Exploring the Afterlfe" workshop (Read 7414 times)
Jim-Alberta

St. Paul, AB
A Recent "Exploring the Afterlfe" workshop
Nov 23rd, 2008 at 11:00pm

Folks -

I received an email a few days back, from Bruce notifying me that he was adding this page to his site, to talk about  experiences, insights and thoughts, and I welcome the chance to post here.

This is my first opportunity to say "Hello" on the Afterlife-Knowledge site, and talk a bit about the recent workshop that Bruce presented at our home in the rural area south of St. Paul, Alberta.

We (my wife and I) had contemplated holding the workshop in a rented meeting room, but St. Paul is a small town - at most 5,000 people live there - and the selection of suitable rooms was limited.

After confirming the dates for the workshop with Bruce, I went to check on the room which I considered to meet our needs most satisfactorily, and found that it was no longer available.

Given that we have lived in this area for over 6 years now, and had yet to really discuss our exposure to the work that the Monroe Institute and Bruce have done to explore and work in altered states, we decided to arrange for the participants to come to our house for the workshop.

I am no stranger to Bruce's work, or to the Monroe Institute, and retrievals - while not an everyday occurrance - are certainly familiar territory for me, and this would be the third Exploring the Afterlife workshop that I had participated in.

We have a good-sized main floor area, and with all the furniture pushed out of the way, we were able to set up folding lounge chairs - the kind one would take camping or to the beach - which allowed most participants to recline while performing the exercises. This worked out pretty well for most, although a few chose conventional furniture or the floor.

We had a mix of local and travelling participants, with the farthest journeyer coming in from Thunder Bay, Ontario, in a marathon 20 hour drive over 2 days. Other came from Manitoba and Saskatchewan, and from Edmonton, a 2 hour drive to the west.

Of those who attended, there were 4 or 5 local folks who had never been exposed to either the Monroe Institute or Bruce's work, so it was a real treat to watch as they went through the exercises, and made contact with non-physical folk.

We invited everyone to meet in town at a local restuarant on the Friday night, from 6:30 to 8:30. We met most of the participants - and some non-participants who were curious - and visited until probably 9 pm.

On Saturday, the workshop ran from 8:30 in the morning until 9 om at night, with breaks for lunch and a frozen pizza dinner for everyone. One of the local lady participants brought 3 home-made apple pies, which were a hit for dessert when heated in the oven.

On Sunday, the workshop ran from 8:30 in the morning until around 7 in the evening. The Retrieval exercise and the "Making Contact" exercise were the highlights for everyone, and there were many excited people after these had finished.

Of the 12 folks who joined us at our house, 2 had previously attended one of Bruce's workshops, which we held in 2006 in the Calgary area For the other 10, this was a meaningful event, and I've received several emails wanting to attend another workshop in the future.

There were several local folk who are interested in meditation and related work that were uncertain about how far this workshop would push into the non-physical. I talked to several who were interested, but fearful of what they might experience. These folks now have other local folks who can talk about their experiences, to help ease the fear which they felt.

Overall, Bruce presented the material in a measured, progressive manner which conveyed dignity and respect for everyone, and I congratulate him for making such an effort.

We were pleased to be able to take an extra day to visit and recharge our energy levels before driving Bruce to the airport, but we are already talking about an encore presentation for the spring/summer of 2009.

Any comments or suggestions are welcome.

Jim Szpajcher
St. Paul, AB

IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Colorado
Re: A Recent "Exploring the Afterlfe" workshop
Reply #1 - Nov 24th, 2008 at 10:47am

Hi Jim,  I'm happy you posted how your workshop went.  It sounds nice and comfy that you were able to host it in your home!

Did you have any contacts or hits?   

Vicky

Author of Persephone's Journey (Amazon.com)

http://www.vickyshort.blogspot.com/
WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

Jim-Alberta

St. Paul, AB
Re: A Recent "Exploring the Afterlife" workshop
Reply #2 - Nov 24th, 2008 at 11:34am

Vicki -

Thanks for the post.

Yes, holding it in our house created a wonderful energy around our place. There were dozens of Helpers, Guides and Friends on the "other side" which came by while we were doing the exercises.

Smiley

In the retrieval exercise, I had a very nice experience in the Belief System Territories, participating in the "graduation" of what appeared to me to be a young man and woman from a Roman era reality. I'm looking to find the time to write it up, and perhaps post it.

In the "Getting Confirmation" exercise, the man whose name I was given came through pretty loud and clear, and all he was interested in sharing was how good a time he was having, driving around in a late 1950's car, playing 1950's and early 1960's Rock and Roll music.

During the debrief, I found out that he had played in a band which specialized in music from that era, and owned several late 1950's cars.

I missed out on much of the other information we were to ask for, but the confirmation of what I was getting was most amusing.

I've done this kind of thing before, but it was a lot of fun watching people who had no experience with this type of exercise as they got their own confirmation.

I see by the number of posts that you've written, that you are a long time member here. Congratulations. I've usually been posting on some other message boards. Given my limited time, that has kept me busy.

Keep well,

Jim

IP Logged

betson

SE USA
Reply #3 - Nov 24th, 2008 at 2:12pm

Thanks for sharing this, Jim,
and welcome!

Good to hear that such a group with a variety of involvements can come together in a relatively casual manner!  That takes care of several concerns I've had about how to get a workshop group together.

No telling what sort of contact we will make , eh? Although your fast-car-and-fast-music-loving fellow would be just the soul that would convince some of my family that these contacts are genuine!  Cheesy

I hope you'll have time to share the Roman couple's situation with this site. I've never been to ancient Rome!  Smiley

Bets

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
Shakespeare

IP Logged

Bruce Moen
YaBB Administrator

YaBB Admin Land
Reply #4 - Nov 24th, 2008 at 7:24pm

Jim,
Jim-Alberta wrote on Nov 24th, 2008 at 11:34am:
In the retrieval exercise, I had a very nice experience in the Belief System Territories, participating in the "graduation" of what appeared to me to be a young man and woman from a Roman era reality. I'm looking to find the time to write it up, and perhaps post it.

That Belief System Territory (BST) retrieval was a really interesting one-of-a-kind as I seldom hear about such a smoothly coordinated interface between the Retriever and Helpers.  It was obvious that Helpers had been working within the structure of this BST for some time and were just waiting for the opportunity for someone with experience to step into the roll they had set up.  Your way of trusting that you could play along with the situation that was suddenly thrust upon you, and handle your role so seamlessly, speaks volumes about your progress in learning the Art of Retrieval.  A less experienced, less skilled retriever probably would have gotten sidetracked trying to figure it out.  You just took it as presented and ran with it, resulting in a smooth transition for the two you retrieved.  Folks are going to get a rare glimpse into the world of retrievals in the BSTs with the details of your account.  
In the "Getting Confirmation" exercise, the man whose name I was given came through pretty loud and clear, and all he was interested in sharing was how good a time he was having, driving around in a late 1950's car, playing 1950's and early 1960's Rock and Roll music.

So many detailed, specific pieces of information were verified in your debriefing!  Good strong evidence that the man continues to exist.

Bruce

IP Logged

Romain

North/West Coast
Reply #5 - Nov 25th, 2008 at 11:23pm

Hi Jim, 
Welcome to the forum and so happy you posted how your workshop went.
Saw your name more than once on different forum..mainly TMI (VLM) and know you''re  from Alb..Smiley
Have talk with you a few time and read quite a few of your posting from way back too..believe i still have some or them  from 3-4 yrs back....lol
You quite a well know figure on VLM.. Lips Sealed

So next time you have/planning a workshop let me know please and will try to get there..BC is not that far..Smiley
PUL
Romain

PS.And please do share some of your experiences with us..will be a delight to read Jim

IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Colorado
Reply #6 - Nov 26th, 2008 at 12:36am

Jim,

As the host, do you feel you can get in touch with the other workshop members and see if anyone wants to share their experiences? 

Romain,

I was surprised you didn't attend!  I was going to ask you if you had.

Author of Persephone's Journey (Amazon.com)

http://www.vickyshort.blogspot.com/
WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

gordon phinn

toronto, canada
Reply #7 - Nov 28th, 2008 at 6:22pm

Hi Jim,

just like to confirm your positive experience of having the workshop in your house.  I've been having seminars in this house for three years and the energy just keeps refining itself!  Guides, angels and orbs always seem to visit and participate, although we only get photos of the orbs! (see images page of www.thewordofgord.com).

best wishes from Toronto, gordon phinn

Vicki -

Thanks for the post.

Yes, holding it in our house created a wonderful energy around our place. There were dozens of Helpers, Guides and Friends on the "other side" which came by while we were doing the exercises.

Smiley

During the debrief, I found out that he had played in a band which specialized in music from that era, and owned several late 1950's cars.

I missed out on much of the other information we were to ask for, but the confirmation of what I was getting was most amusing.

I've done this kind of thing before, but it was a lot of fun watching people who had no experience with this type of exercise as they got their own confirmation.

I see by the number of posts that you've written, that you are a long time member here. Congratulations. I've usually been posting on some other message boards. Given my limited time, that has kept me busy.

Keep well,

Jim

IP Logged

gordon phinn

toronto, canada
Reply #8 - Nov 28th, 2008 at 6:27pm

Bruce, Hi,
I've recently moved to a level of trust that I noticed in your early books and wondered of I'd ever get there.  mainly they're immediate contacts with spirit, no meditation time, no hemi-sync, resulting in almost instantaneous answers and images.
My post Terrorist attack in Mumbai is one such experience.  Have you noticed this yourself, the permanent astral plane residents actually anticipating such violent outburts well ahead of time?

best wishes, gordon p.

Bruce Moen wrote on Nov 24th, 2008 at 7:24pm:
Jim,

That Belief System Territory (BST) retrieval was a really interesting one-of-a-kind as I seldom hear about such a smoothly coordinated interface between the Retriever and Helpers.  It was obvious that Helpers had been working within the structure of this BST for some time and were just waiting for the opportunity for someone with experience to step into the roll they had set up.  Your way of trusting that you could play along with the situation that was suddenly thrust upon you, and handle your role so seamlessly, speaks volumes about your progress in learning the Art of Retrieval.  A less experienced, less skilled retriever probably would have gotten sidetracked trying to figure it out.  You just took it as presented and ran with it, resulting in a smooth transition for the two you retrieved.  Folks are going to get a rare glimpse into the world of retrievals in the BSTs with the details of your account.  

So many detailed, specific pieces of information were verified in your debriefing!  Good strong evidence that the man continues to exist.

Bruce

IP Logged

Bruce Moen
YaBB Administrator

YaBB Admin Land
Reply #9 - Dec 2nd, 2008 at 6:46pm

Gordon,

Good to see you here!

gordon phinn wrote on Nov 28th, 2008 at 6:27pm:
I've recently moved to a level of trust that I noticed in your early books and wondered of I'd ever get there.  mainly they're immediate contacts with spirit, no meditation time, no hemi-sync, resulting in almost instantaneous answers and images.

I know what you mean.  When teaching folks to explore I often say that when you are first learning how to do it you don't really have any way to discern if what you are getting is real or fantasy during the experience.  So, write every scrap of information down immediately after the experience so that you can seek to verify it.

I also tell them that as you have some of your experiences later verified you will begin to recognize a feeling during the experience that helps you discern the information that will be verified from the bogus stuff, or the stuff with such heavy Interpreter Overlay it won't be verified.

And then the place you describe.  You have done these things so many times you have gained a level of trust in your ability to just mentally decide to be with a specific deceased person and you just take it for granted that the next impressions you get are from or about that person.  No real prep work, magic sounds, pills or potions, just clear intent and you are there.  And then you begin to realize you are living in a world entirely different than most folks don't know exists.

Thanks again, Gordon, and Best to You

Bruce

IP Logged

identcat

New Hampshire
Reply #10 - Dec 4th, 2008 at 2:57pm

Owwwwwww----Envy, Envy, Envy!!!
How wonderful to have a workshop in such comfort. TMI in Virgina is homey, but to have a small, close group sounds so personal.  My first group was a weekend TMI in Connecticut with 23 other people. Then a group of us met for one day at a motel conferance room to explore "Opening the Heart". I attended two week-long excursions at TMI.  You're right about the energy that keeps building up around the gathering places. It sounds so wonderful. 
Welcome to Bruce's forum. 

Bruce--- how about New England sometime? You or a represenitive? Would love to attend one of your workshops. 

Hugs to all-- Carol Ann

The three things you can never take back:
The spoken word.
The unkind thought.
The misused hour.
identcat  
IP Logged

Jim-Alberta

St. Paul, AB
Reply #11 - Dec 24th, 2008 at 2:07am

Folks -

Thanks to everyone for all the kind words. The past month has been most hectic, but I've managed to dig out from under all my chores long enough to visit and post a note.

For the record, I have now posted my retrieval in the Retrieval forum.

Betson - thanks for the encouragement!

Bruce - thanks for the tremendous support. It's appreciated. We'll be talking again in 2009, if things work out.

Romain - I did not realize that you were in B.C. - or if I did, I had forgotten. I'll keep in touch for the next workshop.

Vicki - I work away from home, but I do keep in touch with many of the participants. I believe that at least one participant has already posted on this site, but I haven't read his posts yet.

Gordon - Thanks for the note. And of course, we never are alone, anyway.  Smiley

identcat - Holding the workshop was an experiment for us, but we had enough room for the participants. As Gordon noted, the energy boost that the house received is humbling for me to experience.

Best wishes to all - and thanks for the warm welcome to everyone.

Jim

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.