Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Do spirits sleep? (Read 11246 times)
george stone

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Do spirits sleep?
Aug 29th, 2008 at 4:06pm

If not it must get pretty boring,what are your thoughts on this?george

IP Logged

I Am Dude

Re: Do spirits sleep?
Reply #1 - Aug 29th, 2008 at 6:20pm

Sleep is a strictly physical activity/neccessity, allowing the body to reenergize and our spirits to explore nonphysical realities and incorperate the expeirences in our physical lives.  Spirits, being nonphysical, have no physical body to recharge, and therefore no need for sleep. 

You are thinking in physical terms, and this should be avoided when dealing with the nonphysical.

While I find my sleep activities to be exciting and fascinating, I would love the extra time in the physical to continue my activites without the need to sleep.  However, it is nice to have a break every now and then.  Wink

But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things will be added unto you.

IP Logged

Bruce Moen
YaBB Administrator

YaBB Admin Land
Reply #2 - Aug 30th, 2008 at 12:05am

George,

From my experience there are several situations in which nonphyical humans are known to sleep.  A recently deceased person who is in Focus 27 will sometimes sleep out of the habit of sleeping to rest.  These folks usually evolve to a state in which sleeping is no longer necessary.

Some in the Health Center in F27 who are recovering from physical life induced problems are also known to sleep.  Some in this Center are in a state very similar to a coma which is a form of sleep I suppose.

In any of the Belief System Territories that have as part of belief their structures a physical-world-type existence sleep is often as common as here in physical reality.  The Hollow Heavens are a case in point. And of course there are lots of cases of those stuck in Focus 23 who are sleeping.  Actually, some are stuck be virtue of their  belief that after death they will rest in eternal sleep.  Many of these are found sleeping.

Bruce

IP Logged

george stone

Reply #3 - Aug 30th, 2008 at 12:26am

Thanks for your reply bruce,I thought i read this somewhere.Must be somewhere on your site.George

IP Logged

I Am Dude

Reply #4 - Aug 30th, 2008 at 2:23am

I agree with Bruce.  I didn't even have the belief system territories in mind when I first replied, I was thinking focus 27 and "above."

But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things will be added unto you.

IP Logged

Old Dood

Lansing
Reply #5 - Aug 30th, 2008 at 8:19am

From what I have read and that includes Bruce's and Robert Monroe's books as well that Non Physical beings at times need to recharge or simply put: Sleep.

They/We are after all energy beings.

From reading Journey of Souls and Destiny of Souls there is a need for beings in the Spirit World to heal and recharge their energy.
To strip off the 'hurt' from being physical.

Is it not healthy for our Souls to 'Get Out' of our bodies while we are physically sleeping?
I can understand the 'need' to sleep once we get back to the spirit world for some of us.

IP Logged

highest_realm

Reply #6 - Aug 30th, 2008 at 10:01am

What do the spirits who are not sleeping do ?

Do all do same things or it varies from soul to soul ?

IP Logged

Old Dood

Lansing
Reply #7 - Aug 30th, 2008 at 10:12am

highest_realm wrote on Aug 30th, 2008 at 10:01am:

What do YOU do when you are not sleeping in this 3D life?
Do you work? Do you play? Do you learn? Do you goof off?

That is how I look at it.

IP Logged

I Am Dude

Reply #8 - Aug 30th, 2008 at 4:07pm

I don't know Dood..  I feel that the source of our energy for the physical body is our energy body.  It is the physical mechanism which needs to temporarily "shut down", not the energy body.  I believe our consciousness never needs to "sleep" but it is always active(although we may not be aware of it on the physical mind level), and neither does our energy body... I feel our energy body is in a constant state of give and take, energy wise, for it has such a strong connection to our oversouls, which are the source of our energy(although most likely not the highest source).  

I agree that newly deceased spirits may need to recharge and rest, but this is simply because of a drastic transition of physical focus to nonphysical focus or lasting unconstructive beliefs brought from the physical... at these times the soul is not in its natural state of being.

IP Logged

LaffingRain

Choose this Day

Arizona
Reply #9 - Aug 30th, 2008 at 10:07pm

Hi. when I was in between lives I danced as a spirit.

is this not a good enough occupation?  Smiley

there's lots of music going on over there. wait and see.

I agree with Bruce, sleeping and eating is like a habit we get into.
there is a way to replenish one's self without actually sleeping as I've heard some highly evolved persons can get by on 4 hours sleep a night due to they just close their eyes and tune into some energy supply.

love, alysia

... Who takes away death's sting deprives life of bitterness
WWW http://www.facebook.com/LaughingRain2  
IP Logged

Bruce Moen
YaBB Administrator

YaBB Admin Land
Reply #10 - Aug 30th, 2008 at 10:10pm

Highest Realm,

That is an excellant question.  Yeah, if I lived in a place where all the physical body needs could be satisfied without "cost" how would that affect what I do in my life?

If I could create my favorite meal by mirely thinking about it, imagining it or visualzing it.  And, that meal was in every way satisfying and sustaining.  No job necessary to earn money to pay for the food or to have it prepared.  Perfectly healthy meal, how would that affect what I do in my life?

Housing, free for the thought to create any structure to live in. No rent or mortgage.  How would that affect what I do in my life?

Cars, airplanes, ships, teleporters, ultra speed InfraUniverse broadband consciousness, etc. for free travel to anywhere you want to go.  How would that affect what I do in my life?

If you didn't have to spend time working for a living, how would it affect how you spend your time living?

You might watch Bill Murrary in the movie Ground Hog Day for clues to the answers.

Bruce

PS:  I am fond of telling people that I am living this physical lifetime because I wanted a vacation from eternity.

IP Logged

LaffingRain

Choose this Day

Arizona
Reply #11 - Aug 30th, 2008 at 10:39pm

Bruce quote: I am fond of telling people that I am living this physical lifetime because I wanted a vacation from eternity
____

hmmm...I always thought that eternal rest seemed boring and might need a vacation from 7th heaven

I can see Bruce saying this with a smile on his face Smiley

IP Logged

Alan McDougall

South Africa
Reply #12 - Sep 2nd, 2008 at 8:26am

Hello my dear friend  George,

Heck George as usual you think up questions no one else has thought about. I agree with Bruce that souls can at times sleep. Sleep is a joy in this life and why should it not continue into the afterlife?

On the 7 th day the Bible says God rested so why cant we?. If God is able to do anything he likes then indeed he is also able to sleep or rest

Regards

Alan  

Blessings and Light

Alan McDougall
WWW <a href= <a href=  
IP Logged

hawkeye

canada
Reply #13 - Sep 2nd, 2008 at 3:21pm

Love that reply Bruce. A vacation from eternity. How true. And can you think of a better place than earth to have it at. Focus 27 is not necessarily the "be all and end all". No doubt that having everything you desire to be available to you is an interesting game but repeated games can get boring. That is one of the reason we come back to spend time here on this little blue marble. Both places are great, but I wouldn't want to spend eternity at one or the other.
Joe

IP Logged

LaffingRain

Choose this Day

Arizona
Reply #14 - Sep 2nd, 2008 at 7:01pm

kind of with Joe here on this line of thought, and with Bruce.

I seem to remember a life of leisure I had once on Earth. It was nice, enjoyable, had everything I wanted, gardens to wander in, etc. but at the end of it, I hadn't gained an inch in growth, I had nothing to add to the disc, hadn't had enough challenge.

so that's what I think we do sometimes is design some challenges, of course with help from our friends.

heres a link to a fellow says we do sleep, on the other side, and even have dreams. the link is about a book called War Letters from a Dead Man.

I feel a close affiliation with this "dead man." and so his letters have become very credible because of this resonation factor. I think you will enjoy reading him George. and the entire book is there for downloading if you have a printer handy. I think, maybe my guide, whose name is also David once, and who lived and died in the same time frame as this other David, and spoke with his same style of writing, that my guide was friends with this fellow. that could be it.

http://www.earthlypursuits.com/WLLDM/WLLDMan.htm

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.