Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Making 'sense' of the Afterlife (Read 5752 times)
betson

Afterlife Knowledge Member

SE USA
Making 'sense' of the Afterlife
Aug 17th, 2008 at 10:49am

( This thread was inspired by the 'signature' phrase of a recent newcomer to this site. )

Smiley  Greetings,

Making sense of the afterlife isn't going to happen, is it? --  because there are no uses for many of our senses in much of the afterlife. There we are confronted by energies in a timeless and dimensionless existence. One has to experience it to realize what that does --- Real-ize, real eyes, --- whatever  Smiley

We do not 'make up' the visions that some are fortunate enough to bring back. A higher consciousness, than what most of us are aware of, provides the images.
Bruce explains these consciousness capabilities beautifully as our Perceiver and our Interpretor. They can't be sufficiently explained in a paragraph so I won't try.

I never thought I could experience such amazing realms.
Correction--I had flitted into some of these areas previously but I'd taken fear with me. Moen's books and the fine explorers on this site relieve the fear. Then I thought I'd learn to use my senses there better, but after two years of exploring, sensory information, in the ways we experience it here in our earthly lives, doesn't seem as important.

And agnosticism in true spiritual realms isn't a problem if one is an active searcher.  Smiley

If you are not yet experiencing your own explorations of the afterlife, please say what it is you are 'looking' for so some sort of word bridge can be built to help you to understand --- and to encourage you to go ahead into your
own explorations.   ??

Bets  Smiley

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
Shakespeare

IP Logged

george stone

Re: Making 'sense' of the Afterlife
Reply #1 - Aug 17th, 2008 at 6:37pm

Hi bets,you might try infinite being.I get it every sunday,todays message is very interesting,about the man who went to heaven and came back with a very good message for mankind.George

IP Logged

hawkeye

canada
Reply #2 - Aug 18th, 2008 at 1:05pm

Betson, My short-sighted view-point only....When a outcome is predetermined by thought and intention, such as..."making sense of the afterlife isn't going to happen. is it?" I think that is just how the experience is going to happen. What I mean is that if you have made the decision that you will not make sense of the afterlife, then don't expect to any time soon. Now when it comes to the senses...do you mean the so called physical sciences?...sight , sound, smell and the sort? All of which I assure you that you can experience "there". I believe you do, and have experienced these things yourself.

IP Logged

betson

SE USA
Reply #3 - Aug 18th, 2008 at 5:25pm

Greetings,

Hi George,  thank you!  I'm not familiar with that one and  will look into it. Every viewpoint helps!

Hawkeye,
It is probably unfair of me to state something flat-out like that because yes, it could change someone else's expectations or perceptions. I do apologize --but I didn't have that expectation going into this practice two years ago-- it has come from experience. And yes, I do get glimpses, but my intent has been for a full cinema view!
I just wanted potential explorers to watch for whatever they sense (in any sense of the word).  Smiley

Bets

Shakespeare

IP Logged

Romain

North/West Coast
Reply #4 - Aug 18th, 2008 at 6:58pm

hawkeye wrote on Aug 18th, 2008 at 1:05pm:
What I mean is that if you have made the decision that you will not make sense of the afterlife, then don't expect to any time soon. Now when it comes to the senses...do you mean the so called physical sciences?...sight , sound, smell and the sort? All of which I assure you that you can experience "there". I believe you do, and have experienced these things yourself.

Hello Hawkeye;
Very good point here  about the decision of not make sense of the afterlife, so true.
As for senses there; smell is one that have elude me so far; but it will come i know. As for taste i had a smogasbourg there once and everything tasted great  i even woke up with some to the taste still present (chocolate).. Cheesy
With love;Romain

IP Logged

hawkeye

canada
Reply #5 - Aug 19th, 2008 at 2:08pm

I love going to where it is commonly called "the park". There I experience many different senses. Sight and smell, are two of them. I haven't noticed temperature. Now I don't know if its because I have not intended to have that sense or if there was not one present as I am most often not within a (spiritual) body but fell like I am an energy. I have never eaten there, unlike Romain. ( presuming you were in 27) That must be cool. Of course should you wish to experience these and other senses there, (or wherever you decide to visit,) its just the matter of creating the experience. This includes 24, 25, 26, as well. One of the hells I created to experience at one time was pretty warm. Thus, the sense of heat or temperature, fear, just to mention two of them. There were other sensations experienced  but I still get the shivers by just thinking about it. Terror was a big one. Terror like nothing I can explain in writing. This sensation , if I was to share it with you right now could do a damage that some might not be able to recover from. That's how deep it went. The hair on my arms is standing up as I write this sentence. I have also felt love and kindness like no other. The kind that has warmed my heart and opened my eyes to not just sending love energy but opening my heart to excepting the love energy from others. Sometimes during a retrieval I re-experience the event and feel all of it through my senses. Kind of freaky but I am ever so grateful to Bruce and to Bob for showing me one of many ways to move through it and assist myself in moving further along my pathway. With only a limited amount of time left to get this trip right, I am fortunate to have come to this particular website and the All of you. When I make comments that may not be an expression of complete love energy and I review what I have written and I shake my head in disbelief at what I have done and wondered why I did so. Please except my heart felt apology should I have offended any of you. Jason AKA, Dude, etc, any and all. For me, I am still trying to make sense of "this" life, the "afterlife" is a totally different thing.   

IP Logged

hawkeye

canada
Reply #6 - Aug 19th, 2008 at 3:16pm

Of course the other thing is the necessity of making sense of it all. Why do we feel the need to?. In make sense of it,the afterlife, will we still receive the lesson we need to learn from this experience? I think we will all know about the afterlife soon enough. Its closer than most expect as a lifetime is truly short. Should we be contemplating our time and experiences here on this plane, or that one?

IP Logged

betson

SE USA
Reply #7 - Aug 19th, 2008 at 4:44pm

I too wonder about that last question posed by Hawkeye:
"Should we be contemplating our time and
experiences here on this plane, or that one?"
The answer that rings true to me is that
Giving more options to ourselves and others seems to be a very important activity, as long as we are not neglecting our relationships with others.
I think your question deserves its own thread, Hawkeye--it's a biggie.

Shakespeare

IP Logged

Old Dood

Lansing
Reply #8 - Aug 19th, 2008 at 9:06pm

Check out Still_Living's Reply #2 in this thread: http://afterlife-knowledge.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?num=1218200566/0#3

I believe it will answer (and raise) a few questions..... Cool

I cannot stop reading it myself at this moment....

IP Logged

Old Dood

Lansing
Reply #9 - Aug 23rd, 2008 at 11:15am

I am also reading another book by the same author. (Michael Duff Newton)
Titled: Destiny of Souls.  It is an indepth/updated version of Journey of Souls.

Here is a excerpt from page #310 of Destiny of Souls.

It is about R&R in the Afterlife. Playing games!

Quote:
There is a remarkable consistency to game descriptions by subjects in
hypnosis. While we can take the memory of a game with us to the spirit
world, it is my belief that certain games with origins in the afterlife are
brought to Earth and modified from unconscious memory for use in a
physical body. The reader can be the judge of the most likely game
origins from the following quotes. I will start my list of a few popular
games with what appears to be a form of tag:

We chase around, trying to catch each other by flowing fast
in straight lines and then maintaining that speed when
turning sharply. The more maneuverable spirits are able to
double back, stop and start again quickly without getting
caught

This reminds me of Robert Monroe's book when he spoke of Curls and their game of 'Tag'.

Does it not?

Previous pages also speak of our 'Off-Time' where we can create whatever we want.
Homes, Places on Earth (or other planets) that we like to enjoy.
We can ever come back to Earth (in spirit form of course) and enjoy Earth's Pleasures.
For example we can go to the beach and ride the waves, smell the air, feel the sand between our toes, etc.
No one can 'see' us but some people can sense our being there.

Not EVERYthing in the Afterlife is Work, Work, Work.
Downtime is encouraged and fully enjoyed....

IP Logged

detheridge

Malvern, Worcs, U.K.
Reply #10 - Aug 26th, 2008 at 6:28am

betson wrote on Aug 17th, 2008 at 10:49am:
( This thread was inspired by the 'signature' phrase of a recent newcomer to this site. )

Smiley  Greetings,

Making sense of the afterlife isn't going to happen, is it? --  because there are no uses for many of our senses in much of the afterlife. There we are confronted by energies in a timeless and dimensionless existence. One has to experience it to realize what that does --- Real-ize, real eyes, --- whatever  Smiley

Hi Bets,
why would that be that we can't make sense of the afterlife? From Bob Monroe's books, and the interview footage on Youtube, he says that one of the things he brought into afterlife exploration was his conscious mind asking 'what's going on here?'. So we can learn to use both sides of the brain to make sense of it, as I understand his comments.
Mind you, I'm still at the beginners stages, so it's not a known for me (yet Grin)

Quote:
We do not 'make up' the visions that some are fortunate enough to bring back. A higher consciousness, than what most of us are aware of, provides the images.
Bruce explains these consciousness capabilities beautifully as our Perceiver and our Interpretor. They can't be sufficiently explained in a paragraph so I won't try.

I never thought I could experience such amazing realms.
Correction--I had flitted into some of these areas previously but I'd taken fear with me. Moen's books and the fine explorers on this site relieve the fear. Then I thought I'd learn to use my senses there better, but after two years of exploring, sensory information, in the ways we experience it here in our earthly lives, doesn't seem as important.

And agnosticism in true spiritual realms isn't a problem if one is an active searcher.  Smiley

If you are not yet experiencing your own explorations of the afterlife, please say what it is you are 'looking' for so some sort of word bridge can be built to help you to understand --- and to encourage you to go ahead into your
own explorations.   ??

Bets  Smiley   

I believe in the afterlife and had some hypnotic regression some 15 years ago to deal with relationship and family issues, so then I got some insight into afterlife subjects, but the problem was/still is my conscious mind getting in the way (did I leave the gas on? what's for lunch? should I scratch my itching nose?).
What I'm looking for is a way to recognise guidance as it occurs in the usual torrent of thoughts in both my waking life and when trying to use the Hemisync tapes and cds. I believe in this stuff whole heartedly, but I don't think I've had an experience that converts them into knowns.
I would love to finally get to a place where I can converse or communicate with my guides, oversoul, total me and get some clear communication.
I hope this is clear.
Best wishes,

David.

IP Logged

spooky2

Reply #11 - Aug 27th, 2008 at 5:36pm

David, have you tried to imagine a place, and a helper there? One way to avoid much of the thoughts about our physical life is to create on purpose other thoughts, so that our mind is occupied with them; so, when we imagine a nonphysical-reality-scene, it is much easier for us to become open for some sort of nonphysical impressions, as it would be when we try hard to clear our mind, but nevertheless often enough loose the battle against "I'd like to have chicken for dinner" thoughts  Smiley .

Spooky

"I'm going where the pavement turns to sand"&&Neil Young, "Thrasher"

IP Logged

betson

SE USA
Reply #12 - Aug 30th, 2008 at 10:18am

Greetings,

Every tone, texture, color--probably all sensory experience -- puts us into certain frames of mind. Necessarily even the most soothing of these experiences must also be blocking other perceptions.

Perhaps there's a time to use such meditative aids and yet other times to be immersed in silence. In silence one has a wider range of possibilities that consciousness can choose.
Smiley Hemi-synch or Tibetan singing bowls or the music of Kenny G  Cheesy -- all are going to influence what aspects of your consciousness are receptive / ignited/ involved in the process.

When I ring the Tibetan bowls, a different area of my brain becomes ignited than when I am communicating with guidance or even than when I am preparing to exit without aid. I haven't done a study of OBs directly after use of different aids,  but your comments, David, make it seem like a good idea to try.

In the meantime, try silence, a loving silence.    Smiley

Bets

Shakespeare

IP Logged

LaffingRain

Choose this Day

Arizona
Reply #13 - Aug 30th, 2008 at 2:25pm

nice thread Bets!  mentioning the perceiver and the interpreter is where i work at a lot.  as we can interpret these experiences in many differing ways, but it might help someone to know that there is an orderly sequence: first the thing is perceived, then comes the interpretation.

TMI, and according to my experience, this is helpful, to perceive, then if the first interpretation is not clear, nudge it aside and ask for another. this is also explained by Buhlman's advice to use "Clarity now!" phrase when obe and everything is appearing as unknown territory or vague.

This clarity now, is actually to take command too. it diverts one away from fearful interpretations. it can be consciously utilized within C1 areas, which then tends to outpicture into nonphysical areas of exploration, or the collective mind areas. so I'm not just speaking of using it when out of body, but when going thru ordinary life.

I agree the goal is not to make sense out of something which seems senseless. the tones that Bet's uses is I conjecture similar to the tones produced by hemi-sync which tones allow the silence to occur, where you "know" but can't put into words how you know, as the minute you try, you have left the silence where the answer was.

although I can share, that the five senses of the physical area can be experienced in afterlife/beforelife areas.
so far, in different experiences, for example, I can report these senses were active:
1) Smelling
2) touch of skin and temperature of skin included (not sexual) tactile I guess I could say.
3) Sound, hearing, as well as short verbalizations in memory.
4) Visual, to see form, or color, to see actual faces of those still alive in physical, to verify that also.
5) taste buds, have never done that! but GP here has eaten and tasted so I trust what he says, that we can and do.

when we intuit, or are empathic, we are hanging in the higher mental areas where it's not important these physical senses all that much.
of necessity we ground into physical senses, ELS, because I think we all wanted to be physical and have our selective experiences known as a lifetime.

love, alysia

... Who takes away death's sting deprives life of bitterness
WWW http://www.facebook.com/LaughingRain2  
IP Logged

Alan McDougall

South Africa
Reply #14 - Sep 2nd, 2008 at 1:14pm

Hi Bets,

The afterlife while we are in a wake state is much like a dream and can be confusing.

But I believe when we finally die and cross over we are eased into each new dimension by loving beings that exist there before our arrival.

The idea of dying and waking up in a strange place where we will continue to live under very different circumstances to our earthly life, can be overwhelming, I know

love

Alan

Blessings and Light

Alan McDougall
WWW <a href= <a href=  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.