Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Do spirits sleep? (Read 11240 times)
Alan McDougall

South Africa
Re: Do spirits sleep?
Reply #15 - Sep 4th, 2008 at 8:39am

If souls are an energy vibration of different densities, then this energy must drain off and the soul equivalent of sleep becomes a necessity, to charge their respectful batteries so to speak. Entropy then rules even in the afterlife or does it?

Alan

Blessings and Light

Alan McDougall
WWW <a href= <a href=  
IP Logged

Bruce Moen
YaBB Administrator

YaBB Admin Land
Reply #16 - Sep 4th, 2008 at 9:23am

Alan,

Alan McDougall wrote on Sep 4th, 2008 at 8:39am:
If souls are an energy vibration of different densities, then this energy must drain off and the soul equivalent of sleep becomes a necessity, to charge their respectful batteries so to speak. Entropy then rules even in the afterlife or does it?

If we carry the analogy of energy draining out of batteries that needs to be recharged a little further how about we examine the concept of the "sole battery charger."

I can charge up the batteries in my laptop computer while the computer is turned off, or to follow the analogy, while the laptop computer is sleeping. If I unplug the charger before I wake the computer up the batteries will drain as you say and need to be recharged after the computer is turned off later.

But, if I do not disconnect the charger after waking up the computer to computer batteries will never run down and I will never need to put the computer to sleep to charge them.

So we might say if it is possible for the soul to find a way to remain plugged into the power source while it is awake, it would never need to sleep to recharge. I wonder how soul would do that?

Alan McDougall wrote on Sep 4th, 2008 at 8:39am:
Entropy then rules even in the afterlife or does it?

Entropy can be said to "rule" within a system in which all forces operate to randomize any "organized" form of energy within that system. However, if what we call the soul is truly eternal there must be a force that does not have the effect of randomizing the soul's energy within that system. If I had to guess I would say whatever that force is "rules" the system we call our afterlife.

Bruce

IP Logged

Alan McDougall

South Africa
Reply #17 - Sep 4th, 2008 at 9:55am

Bruce

You posted this comment
Quote:
So we might say if it is possible for the soul to find a way to remain plugged into the power source while it is awake, it would never need to sleep to recharge. I wonder how soul would do that?

That is why I believe the soul is not made of the same type of energy  that drives and sustains the universe. It must be something different to be eternal like God

"Maybe it has no need to ever plug into anything as its life force can simply never drain off"

It is that strange non-heat energy of purest composite light , something like a glow worm (I know this is a poor analogy)

The bible says God is a "spirit" and maybe this phrase come closer to the "entropy resistant soul energy" that prevents the soul from ever draining its life force and like God from which it came is immortal and eternal. Only evolving and changing form

That is my present take on this complex subject, be it what it may

Regards

Alan

Blessings and Light

Alan McDougall
WWW <a href= <a href=  
IP Logged

hope
Ex Member

ALK Member

Reply #18 - Sep 4th, 2008 at 11:39am

Quote:
That is an excellant question.  Yeah, if I lived in a place where all the physical body needs could be satisfied without "cost" how would that affect what I do in my life?

If I could create my favorite meal by mirely thinking about it, imagining it or visualzing it.  And, that meal was in every way satisfying and sustaining.  No job necessary to earn money to pay for the food or to have it prepared.  Perfectly healthy meal, how would that affect what I do in my life?

Housing, free for the thought to create any structure to live in. No rent or mortgage.  How would that affect what I do in my life?

Cars, airplanes, ships, teleporters, ultra speed InfraUniverse broadband consciousness, etc. for free travel to anywhere you want to go.  How would that affect what I do in my life?

If you didn't have to spend time working for a living, how would it affect how you spend your time living?

You might watch Bill Murrary in the movie Ground Hog Day for clues to the answers.

Bruce

PS:  I am fond of telling people that I am living this physical lifetime because I wanted a vacation from eternity.

oh my.  You are describing what I hope for, a favorite dream of mine.
Suppose a person finds out they watch Groundhog's day.  How do they turn off the movie?  I do understand it helps not to watch so much television because of what it does to different areas of the brain  Cheesy and causes "playacting" and many questions are asked about this.  "Are you just playacting or are your intentions real?"  What else is to be done?  What reasons would this happen? 

Thank you for your kindness.   You have a wonderful site here  Smiley

IP Logged

hope
Ex Member

ALK Member

Reply #19 - Sep 4th, 2008 at 11:58am

Quote:
"Maybe it has no need to ever plug into anything as its life force can simply never drain off"

Hi Alan,

But what if the energy is prodded  to keep moving?  Huh

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.