Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Strange telephone message (Read 1993 times)
blink
Ex Member

Strange telephone message
Jul 26th, 2008 at 11:02am

Does anyone know if it is a practice of any particular company to create messages which could be left on someone's cellphone?

I had a strange message left on my cellphone last night from a private number. The message said, in a flat, somewhat female-sounding, completely unemotional yet "pleasant" voice:

"I'm coming to get you."

That's it.

Does any company create such messages? I am not sure who would leave such a message but the feedback from others is that it is not a "friendly" thing to say.

Anyway, the voice was very smooth, measured, no inflections, clear, completely anonymous sounding. It sounded like it was computer-generated.  It was slow enough that there would be no mistake about what was being said. Slow, measured.

Any ideas? At first, I thought it might be a prank. Maybe it is a prank.

Or, maybe it is completely positive, some kind of promise. How would I know? There is no way to know what is meant.

Am I supposed to take it as a threat or a promise or both? No doubt, I will let it pass by. How is a person to respond?

IP Logged

wade

Afterlife Knowledge Member

centreville Virginia
Re: Strange telephone message
Reply #1 - Jul 26th, 2008 at 11:32am

Hello blink. I know there have been a couple of movies out were a ghost would leave a message on the phone of the owner -cell phone- and the people would get attacked by the ghost. Being fom a private number I would say its a hoax. But if you saved the message and truly feel threatened by it there is no harm in notifying authorities and taking precautions. Common sense lock the door and such. Keep us posted..Love wade

I AM....
zoogieman  
IP Logged

blink
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Jul 26th, 2008 at 11:36am

Thank you for your reply, Wade. Yes, I did save it. There was no background noise, none. There was no way to identify it. I have had pranks before, which sounded personal and, of course, random. This was entirely without personality. Oh, and the recording was exactly the length of the voice message....no "filler" air time there.

IP Logged

spooky2

Reply #3 - Jul 26th, 2008 at 10:02pm

Sounds like spam. It's only much more expensive to send cellphone spam, so that's strange. Probably they want you to call back, because of telephone tolls and commercials.

Spooky

"I'm going where the pavement turns to sand"&&Neil Young, "Thrasher"

IP Logged

roger prettyman

Bedford, U.K.
Reply #4 - Jul 27th, 2008 at 5:37am

blink,

Two thoughts entered my mind.

1. Could it have been sent to you by mistake? i.e. the wrong number dialled. Perhaps it was someone wanting to pick up their lover!
2. You say it was from a private number. Have you phoned it back? If not, why? Give it a whirl to see what happens.

roger  Wink

The past is history, the future is a mystery.&&Today is a gift, that`s why it`s called the present.&&Let yourself enjoy today. It will never come again.&&&&&&Butterfly.

IP Logged

blink
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Jul 28th, 2008 at 7:39am

Thanks, Spooky and Roger. I still haven't figured it out, but I've been busy anyway.

I tried to call the number back but it is listed as private and won't "call back" like other numbers on my cellphone.

Usually, when people want you to call back, they are pretty clear about it. In fact, some people can be downright insistent. However, I am not receiving any other bothersome calls.

Well, this is a little different. I guess I will ask around at my workplace to see if anyone else has had this happen.

I'm not worried, just a little curious. The message was not loud, although it was clear. If someone was trying to make a point, they could have done it more energetically, more clearly.

This was just innocuous enough to feel odd to me.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.