Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
What does this dream mean? (Read 4542 times)
dennis

What does this dream mean?
Jun 10th, 2008 at 4:35am

Recently, I have been having strange dreams. The other day, I dreamt about traveling in train and it getting late to the destination…I don’t know what the destination was and where it was taking me….but the ride was quite un-comfortable. And the other one I had was celebrating with my friends in a resort…..now do the two link together….???

IP Logged

recoverer

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Re: What does this dream mean?
Reply #1 - Jun 10th, 2008 at 4:16pm

Hello Dennis:

Sounds similar to dreams I've had. You're probably being told that you have something to accomplish that you haven't accomplished. Once you accomplish what you need to accomplish you and your spirit friends will celebrate.

I can't say what you need to accomplish, possibly your spiritual goals. It is up to you to find out what these spiritual goals are.

Sometimes our higher selves like to create dreams where the symbols aren't so obvious, so we'll realize that our dreams are more than a movement of our subconscious mind.

IP Logged

identcat

New Hampshire
Reply #2 - Jun 10th, 2008 at 4:36pm

Dennis-- both my father and I had seen trains in our "dreams".
When my 26 year old cousin passed away from breast cancer, I went to a group meditation and this is what I experienced:
As we were sitting around on chairs in a circle, my meditation suddenly found me sitting on the bench chairs which have the passangers facing each other on a train.  I became excited because I knew I was on my way to visit my cousin.  I could feel the motion of the train and saw some passangers were standing and holding straps ( like those on a subway train).  We approached a tunnel and it became dark.  When we arrived on the other side, there was much light.  I wanted to get off to meet up with my cousin, but our meditation leader was bringing us back at that time, so my train reversed itself and when I opened my eyes, I was back with the group.  I found the meditation significant, as I was exciting to realize I was going to visit someone who made the transgression.

20 years later, my father was sitting with me in his living room, preparing to die from bowel cancer.  This was his last week on this earth, and we had some wonderful experiences together through out that week.  On this particular evening, he died while I sat with him.  His lips turned black as well as his arms and hands.  There was no breathing.  In my mind I  said, "Oh, Daddy--- Mama will be so disappointed that she wasn't with you when you passed".  With that thought, my father suddenly took a deep breath and came back!  (He passed later that day with Mama holding his hand.)  I asked my father "Daddy, where did you go?" 

He said:  I was on a train.  Was I on the big on here, or on the little one going home? 
Daddy, you were on the little one --- you were home.
Oh!  let's celebrate ---said my dad.
My eyes filled as I remembered the significance of what just happened.  I broke open a dixie cup of ice cream for him and we celebrated his "going home". (Ice Cream was always his favorite in the evenings before bed)

In both my instances involving trains--- they represented joy and a home coming.  I think your dream could mean that your were going to visit friends and family who have traveled on to their new beginning.  Love and Light--- cat

The three things you can never take back:
The spoken word.
The unkind thought.
The misused hour.
identcat  
IP Logged

marry

Reply #3 - Jun 11th, 2008 at 12:12am

There are many dreams that go un-noticed as we don’t know what they try to say. I too keep on having dreams …and that too weird ones….and I am glad that my friend suggested a dream dictionary that has answers to the different dreams. Its really a good place to get meanings to your dream and can you also analyze the dreams.

IP Logged

identcat

New Hampshire
Reply #4 - Jun 11th, 2008 at 9:22am

Marry--- that is a wonderful suggestion.  I remember I had a book years ago on dream interpretation and found it useful.  I didn't follow it to the letter, however.  We are able to interpret dreams several ways:
1. Symbolic --- what do the symbols mean to us as individuals?  Example --when I dream of water, I find it to represent the spirit. Someone who is afraid of water may interpret it as danger.
2.  Fantasy--- I may interpret water in a fantasy as representing playfulness and freedom, splashing around and having fun.  Another person may say that it's treading through the water to get to a quest.
3.  Reality--- perhaps I filled my pool today in the back yard and then dreamt about the water that night because of the actually chore of filling the pool.  I love water, so I see it as clear and healthy. Another person may see it as dark and needs to be cleaned.

A dream interpretation book can help with a lot of answers.  I have a book on animal symbols : Ted Andrews-- The Animal Speak Book-- and it has been wonderfully helpful to me. 

Thanks for sharing!!!  cat

The three things you can never take back:
The spoken word.
The unkind thought.
The misused hour.
identcat  
IP Logged

LaffingRain

Choose this Day

Arizona
Reply #5 - Jun 11th, 2008 at 1:40pm

dennis wrote on Jun 10th, 2008 at 4:35am:
Recently, I have been having strange dreams. The other day, I dreamt about traveling in train and it getting late to the destination…I don’t know what the destination was and where it was taking me….but the ride was quite un-comfortable. And the other one I had was celebrating with my friends in a resort…..now do the two link together….???

___

I have a bunch of dream logs I pull out and re-read now and then, then I'll think reading something from 2006..OH! so now I know what that meant.
a lot of my dreams are depicting problems I'm involved with, that I will be living through. all in symbols and people in my life shown as themselves.

I see the train as the movement of your soul evolvement through matter. some apprehension is present that you will be late.

generally after such a dream I would sit and think about what the possible consequences could be should I show up late. you are probably the sort of person always shows up on time in reality.
so thinking about being late, what would happen, this can give you a clue, how you might set an intention in real time, to either be ok with showing up late, or set the intention to be on time.

you might even have a belief in "there's not enough time in the day to get it all done."

actually, there IS enough time, so this is a belief in scarcity, as opposed to a more comfortable belief (notice I used your own word comfortable?)

the more comfortable ride to destiny is to believe in an abundance of time. being uncomfortable on the ride didn't really serve any purpose.

you still ended up celebrating with friends and then the discomfort was vanished.

love, alysia

... Who takes away death's sting deprives life of bitterness
WWW http://www.facebook.com/LaughingRain2  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.