Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
As the world turns (Read 9866 times)
vajra
Ex Member

Re: As the world turns
Reply #15 - Jun 9th, 2008 at 10:35am

Hi Blink, Alan. I certainly wouldn't at all rule out the possibility of stuff happening in the coming years  - not given the albeit sometimes confusing weight of prophecy pointing to this time period.

My gut seems to be telling me and half the world anyway that we're on an unsustainable trajectory, what with population, climate, energy, natural resources, the ecosystem, pollution, species die-offs, the potential for catastrophic nuclear war and so on.

It would in some ways be nice for something 'miraculous' to happen to bail us out, but I doubt that an event like the advent of some great leader is likely to be for the better. Not at least unless it's very precisely pitched to avoid all our egotistical weaknesses. 

But this has never been the way so far, all the signs for me are that our task is to collectively wake up, not to lapse back into the same old avoidance of personal responsibility.

Wink Could be we're headed back to the stone age instead.

Smiley Some sort of mass awakening sounds like a promising possibility! I hope the talk of some sort of mass uplift is right Blink...

IP Logged

Alan McDougall

South Africa
Reply #16 - Jun 9th, 2008 at 11:57am

Varje and others,

We heading for huge change in the near future, perhaps the much debated 2012, 21 December event, might just be that. But a change of some great sort, yes.

I am of course not the only voice who has predicted this fuel crunch, crises and it seems we have just been ignored, by the money loving vampies.

Alan

Blessings and Light

Alan McDougall
WWW <a href= <a href=  
IP Logged

vajra
Ex Member

Reply #17 - Jun 9th, 2008 at 1:37pm

I think Alan that the problem is that no less than the rest of us those people inhabit a reality tunnel - in their case on dominated by greed, lack of care for others and power.

This as is the case with attachment to  any reality tunnel blinds us to the ability as we've often said to see from any other viewpoint, and is unfortunately the nature of mind. Even a child could when working from the right view see that the financial bubble of recent years had to as in the case of all bubbles burst.

One issue that's hard to get around is that when it gets down to the specifics of drawing on prophecy at the practical and detail level too is that there are so many contradictory or differing voices out there all saying 'believe me'....

IP Logged

SHSS

Reply #18 - Jun 9th, 2008 at 1:51pm

Alan,

After that little remote viewing game we played, I sit up and take notice of what you say.  I really do.
Also, it wouldn't take a genius to figure out that something has got to happen.  Things cannot go on forever like this or at least I hope not.  I too believe that something very big is going to happen.  "BIG THINGS" are already happening and they get bigger every day.  Dec, 21 2012 at 11:11.  How many of us will still be here?  Or will we be watching from our astral benches?

Hi Vajra,  Just speaking from my little reality tunnel.   Kiss

IP Logged

vajra
Ex Member

Reply #19 - Jun 9th, 2008 at 1:58pm

Believe me guys, I'm not poo-pooing anybody or anything, and as above something feels like it's got to give. But I've personally not managed to get bottomed on the issue of prophecy yet.....

IP Logged

recoverer

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Reply #20 - Jun 9th, 2008 at 3:13pm

The main messages I've received about the future is that if a minimal number of people get to the point where they live according to love "completely," it'll make a big difference. In some significant way such people will be able to share the energy of love with the rest of the World that will make a difference. The love game will really catch on.

How does one live according to love completely? By finding a way to let go of one's lower self so one lives according to one's higher self completely.  I've been trying to do so, but have been stubborn about a few issues. Please join me in the efforts to do so.

IP Logged

Old Dood

Lansing
Reply #21 - Jun 9th, 2008 at 3:40pm

Quote:
Believe me guys, I'm not poo-pooing anybody or anything, and as above something feels like it's got to give. But I've personally not managed to get bottomed on the issue of prophecy yet.....

You mean something more along the lines of this??

Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxWZc1cRLnA

This is how I 'see' it anyways...

IP Logged

vajra
Ex Member

Reply #22 - Jun 9th, 2008 at 5:59pm

Smiley Hi R. I think you're doing great - it's not like the rest of us mob here are squeaky clean either. We've all got buttons that when pushed trigger all sorts of stuff in us, but we're pretty much all working the issues as best we can with the help of each other.

It's always easier to see what's going down in somebody else, the strength of a caring group is that we can benefit from feedback (which needn't be overt, direct or even consciously delivered) on issues from a variety of perspectives.

I know of no other place where I get to work out my view in circumstances where even if a few fall asleep, they at least don't get abusive - and I know of no other where I can expect consistently helpful and constructive  feedback either.

I think we're come what may on this road together.

I think you posted that guy before Dood. I know nothing about him, but he's really hitting the nail on the head for me. He's really got something about him too - this sort of ethereal centeredness.

He's right you know - it really is an exciting time. I mentioned a quote from Mellen Thomas Benedict's NDE not too long ago (he has a website). He was told upon asking 'can humanity be saved?' that we were already saved, and that we are playing a blinder - that for example the the advent of nuclear weapons and MAD are a demonstration of our striving to create circumstances that will force the pace of the development of our ability to live in love.

So I guess it's all a matter of view, of perspective. If we can rise above fear of non-survival of self things can look so very different.

Here's hoping we can pull it off. I can't help feeling R that you may well be right - that there's some sort of quite small critical mass involved that if achieved will kick off some sort of wider transformation....

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #23 - Jun 9th, 2008 at 6:48pm

Vajra:

I saw Mellen Thomas Benedict give a talk at the New Living Expo this past April.  He said that the World isn't going to change significantly during 2012, it is just one stepping stone.  He said that the human race will occupy this planet for only another 400 years or so.  Things will change for the better. Wars will become illegal. Most people won't have to work. He wondered what they would do with their time. He said that food would be produced on replicators. He said the major changes will be experienced a few generations from now.  Cars will operate without wheels.  I don't remember his exact words.  I don't know if everything he said is true.  The 400 years is a unique idea. Especially since he stated that the unsuitability of our sun will be the reason human souls will have to start incarnating somewhere else. I don't know enough about astronomy to make a statement of how long our sun will be suitable for.

« Last Edit: Jun 9th, 2008 at 7:56pm by recoverer »  

IP Logged

george stone

Reply #24 - Jun 9th, 2008 at 10:17pm

I read that god or jeuus said there will be a new heaven and a new earth.George

IP Logged

Alan McDougall

South Africa
Reply #25 - Jun 9th, 2008 at 11:56pm

Recoverer and people,

Recoverer you said

Quote:
I saw Mellen Thomas Benedict give a talk at the New Living Expo this past April.  He said that the World isn't going to change significantly during 2012, it is just one stepping stone.  He said that the human race will occupy this planet for only another 400 years or so

Mellen Thomas Benedict is even more correct than perhaps he realizes, I have had a vision or picture of this world some 50 000 years into the future. There was absolutely no evidence that an intelligent beings such as humanity ever lived on earth, except one... I searched all over the earth and at last found only one thing showing we had ever been here. What do you guys think it was?

Think about it before you scroll down to the bottom of this post for the answer!!!!!!!!!!

"Mount Rushmore"

Alan

Blessings and Light

Alan McDougall
WWW <a href= <a href=  
IP Logged

vajra
Ex Member

Reply #26 - Jun 10th, 2008 at 7:14am

That makes sense Alan!

To what you quote Mellen Thomas Benedict as saying R on the likelihood or otherwise of major changes occurring - it brings to mind another perspective.

My firm view based on 'the way things seem to work' is that whatever happens in the world, the transformation that matters will almost certainly be esoteric, or within ourselves - and will be to do with a change of  consciousness.

It'd be nice to think we'll get a leg up soon to help us over the line in this regard, or even that we're actually as a race close to reaching some critical mass in this respect, and heading off down a new and more enlightened love based road into a golden age.

The reason I wanted to say this is that there's plenty out there blindly ploughing on within their reality tunnels - people who far from from opening are actually actively maintaining closure by desperately holding on to rigid fundamentalist beliefs, and waiting for some external or exoteric salvation event to bail them out.

We're all entitled to our views, and who knows - they could even be right. But I'd have to say that from my  perspective it's very possible that world events will conspire to force the pace, that we're not going to  get off that lightly. i.e. be somehow magically sprung from our mind made 'belief jails' that hold that 'we' are OK, and the other guy not OK.

So I think that as above it's an exciting time, but also one that contains the potential that we could get it very wrong at the physical level if we don't really reach for change....

IP Logged

AH1976

Midlands, UK
Reply #27 - Jun 10th, 2008 at 8:12pm

Alan McDougall wrote on Jun 9th, 2008 at 9:58am:

1) Oil used as a weapon to control the world economy, oil price will rise to the astronomical level of $1000 on net present value and the use of private vehicles will become the domain of the extremely rich, until viable hydrogen engines are perfected by early 2100 C.E.

Back when I was in school 15 years ago we were talking about the end of the oil supply and since then nothing has changed people haven't really given it any thought, until now, and why? because petrol prices are getting too high for them. This hasn't just crept up its been coming for a few years, recent figures apparently show a move from large cars to smaller more efficient cars and I was looking online yesterday at electric cars and they seem to be becoming more affordable and better. While I would say petrol cars will become the domain of the rich I suspect real people will be driving electric long before then.

IP Logged

Alan McDougall

South Africa
Reply #28 - Jun 11th, 2008 at 2:11am

senote,

Quote:
Quote from Alan McDougall on Jun 9th, 2008, 4:58pm:

1) Oil used as a weapon to control the world economy, oil price will rise to the astronomical level of $1000 on net present value and the use of private vehicles will become the domain of the extremely rich, until viable hydrogen engines are perfected by early 2100 C.E.

Back when I was in school 15 years ago we were talking about the end of the oil supply and since then nothing has changed people haven't really given it any thought, until now, and why? because petrol prices are getting too high for them. This hasn't just crept up its been coming for a few years, recent figures apparently show a move from large cars to smaller more

It we bring the  $1000 a barrel oil down to what we will pay for gas in our cars, it would come to $40 a gallon or $ 800 to fill the tank of an average American car.

Who is going to be able to affort this mode of travel (this at is net present value)? It is frighteningly real and in our face and will not go away soon.

Alan

Blessings and Light

Alan McDougall
WWW <a href= <a href=  
IP Logged

AH1976

Midlands, UK
Reply #29 - Jun 11th, 2008 at 9:28pm

Alan McDougall wrote on Jun 11th, 2008 at 2:11am:
senote,

Quote:
Quote from Alan McDougall on Jun 9th, 2008, 4:58pm:

Back when I was in school 15 years ago we were talking about the end of the oil supply and since then nothing has changed people haven't really given it any thought, until now, and why? because petrol prices are getting too high for them. This hasn't just crept up its been coming for a few years, recent figures apparently show a move from large cars to smaller more

It we bring the  $1000 a barrel oil down to what we will pay for gas in our cars, it would come to $40 a gallon or $ 800 to fill the tank of an average American car.

Who is going to be able to affort this mode of travel (this at is net present value)? It is frighteningly real and in our face and will not go away soon.

Alan

The sad truth is that people will find a way, they might drive less perhaps but they will still drive. The same happens with smoking and drinking you can tax it all you like but people will still spend money on it. From what I have read the British Government have realised this and are now changing the rules about cigarettes ie plain packaging, even bigger "THESE WILL KILL YOU" type warnings etc. The irony being of course that as the Government does its best to get people off these anti-social addictions like 'booze and fags' the more they have to tax petrol and income to make up the lost taxes. I vicious circle indeed.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.