Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
falling asleep (Read 20721 times)
Kranada

Pennsylvania USA
falling asleep
Nov 6th, 2006 at 5:13am

The desire is there, the knowledge is there, I've done it before, but for some reason my attempts at getting out a 2nd time are failing.  I seem to be falling asleep very quickly.  Perhaps tonight will be different we shall see Smiley

IP Logged

Kranada

Pennsylvania USA
Re: falling asleep
Reply #1 - Nov 6th, 2006 at 9:20pm

last night was draining.. I was anticipating to much and couldnt get out. I tried progressive relaxation techniques over and over and although I felt as though i could slip out at any time something was holding me back I eventually gave up and turned over on my belly and fell asleep. Today I felt very mentally drained. I hope tonight will be the night. I just bought this excellent book called Magical use of thought forms by Dolores Ashcroft-Nowicki and J.H. Brennan some very intresting stuff in this book people! I'll let you know more about it after I read it. Anyway any help getting out would be greatly appreciated  thanks

IP Logged

betson

Afterlife Knowledge Member

SE USA
Reply #2 - Nov 7th, 2006 at 11:56am

Greetings kroan,

Lots of us share your experience in wanting to get out, then no go.
One thing that frequently helps is to do some deep breathing. Bruce's method suggests 3 deep breaths right before setting your intent, but I found that I had to also do the 3 breaths periodically throughout the day and not wait until right before going out. When we're busy/stressed, the extra breathing helps calm and restore our systems.
Your Guidance will protect you from doing practices that might not be good for you.  How's your general health? (Rhetorical question, just fr you to consider.)

Another thing that might help is stating clearly in your own mind that you do want to go OoB, that you do want to remember the experience, and that you do want protection while you're doing so. That may remove some unrecognized blocks; it has for others.

Much success and keep us posted, kroan!

bets
I hate to add this last note, bt if you post this above in the general topic "Afterlife Knowledge", you may get more response. Unfortunately many readers start at the top of the index, then run out of time before they get to the book section.   Smiley
Check out JamesBond's similar question up there called "Weird stuff happened."

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
Shakespeare

IP Logged

LaffingRain

Choose this Day

Arizona
Reply #3 - Nov 7th, 2006 at 9:46pm

try this Kroan: think about going obe with all details; where u go, what u do once there, maybe some flying, etc. imagine, imagine, imagine Smiley do this for 2 minutes minimum. next day do 2 more minutes same thing. then this next step very important. completely forget about the whole thing and relax into your life.
if you did your imagination detailed enough with feeling, something bound to happen if  u don't give up and take it easy, don't struggle with this. you're right, you  can drain yourself if not careful. love, alysia

... Who takes away death's sting deprives life of bitterness
WWW http://www.facebook.com/LaughingRain2  
IP Logged

Kranada

Pennsylvania USA
Reply #4 - Nov 8th, 2006 at 4:43am

Great advise from both of you thanks a ton. Is it possiable to become so proficient at astral travel that you virtually never fail to have an obe when you want to?

IP Logged

LaffingRain

Choose this Day

Arizona
Reply #5 - Nov 8th, 2006 at 11:11pm

haha! you'd have to ask our man Monroe that question. I hear he's available for consultation and he did leave us a great book; a slice of himself. love, alysia

IP Logged

Kranada

Pennsylvania USA
Reply #6 - Nov 8th, 2006 at 11:58pm

all i hear about is robert monroe in books, on this site, everywhere yet I've never read anything that he wrote...  some of the stuff i've read is

astral travel for beginners by richard webster
magical use of thought forms by ashcroft and brennan (just bought this it looks great havent read it yet)
angels companions in magick by ravenwolf
yan xin qigong and the contempory sciences by wozniak wu and wang
traditional acupuncture the law of the five elements by dianne m connelly phd
transform stress into vitality by mantak chia
bone marrow nei kung mantak chia and maneewan chia
fusion of the five elements by mantak chia and maneewan chia
a witches guide to ghosts and the supernatural by dunwich
akahic records by chaney
etheric anatomy by anderson
aura reading for beginners by webster
ALL of Konstantinos's books (6 of them)
Spells ceremonies and magic by Wippler

>> I read alot more but these books were my favorite

IP Logged

EternalEssence

Reply #7 - Feb 7th, 2007 at 5:17am

Kroan,

An important point to remember: not all your experiences will be matched by those that write about them. If you feel something important is happening, follow it. It may be that you are resisting guidances because it didn't "occur" for those with whom you are familiar.

The elegance of the final produce belies the chaos of its construction.

IP Logged

EternalEssence

Re: falling asleep: addendum
Reply #8 - Feb 7th, 2007 at 5:19am

Forigve....slight correction:

If your experiences do not match the experiences of another (i.e., in the books you've read) do not discount the experience. Follow your feeling. You are your best judge on what works and what doesn't. Trust yourself.

The elegance of the final produce belies the chaos of its construction.

IP Logged

Steve_Ed
Ex Member

Reply #9 - Feb 7th, 2007 at 5:27am

The assistance of some "Pure Unconditional Love" would certainly be valuable.  If you are having trouble remembering a time of "Love" then ask for assistance from any higher being you desire whether it be a loved one, Robert Monroe or a Guardian Angel.  As a matter of fact, I will experiment:  I have sent you a cube filled with "PUL" just now; do what you want with it.

Σ,
Steve Ed

IP Logged

Kranada

Pennsylvania USA
Reply #10 - Mar 2nd, 2007 at 6:11pm

what did you mean about sending me a cube filled with pul  I assume pul is pure unconditional love but what do you mean you sent me a cube of it?

IP Logged

Steve_Ed
Ex Member

Reply #11 - Mar 3rd, 2007 at 10:31pm

That was an experiment I attempted with remote assistance that assumed that Pure Uncon. Love can be packaged as an object of sorts.  The concept is like me mailing you a battery for your flashlight so that it shines brighter; a way of assisting without imposing a wish upon you in any way.  Also, I am intrigued by the idea that love extends further beyond hugs and kisses and is in fact a force unto iteself.

With Respect,
Steve Ed.

IP Logged

Kranada

Pennsylvania USA
Reply #12 - Mar 5th, 2007 at 7:30am

Well I sure do need a little pul right now. Withought going into much detail i've been having alot of problems at work which could greatly effect my income. I sure could use some positive vibes on this one

IP Logged

LaffingRain

Choose this Day

Arizona
Reply #13 - Mar 5th, 2007 at 11:40pm

dear Kroan: I don't know what happened at your workplace but probably has something to do with your relationship with a boss or coworkers..as well self image.

what Steve is doing is to remind us that good intentions, or PUL, is what works best for any sort of nonphysicial explorations such as obes included that you are interested in.

so heres my suggestion since u asked Wink

figure out the question in words, write the question down. just one question at a time reduces the confusion.
write it on paper, very important.
put it under your pillow so you will remember you have the question and the intention to solve somthing.
think about it each night until you may get a dream message or have a very vivid dream or even obe because you yourself have set the whole thing in motion.
if you want money ask how you can serve another first and your money will come.
if you want to go obe ask your higher self if you can, or should. wait and see what happens.
love, alysia

IP Logged

Kranada

Pennsylvania USA
Reply #14 - Mar 8th, 2007 at 12:31pm

thanks, although none of this has anything to do with self image. A man who has always disliked me got into a position of power a month ago and he has started messing with me and a few other people by moving us into horriable departments where basically bran new people go not experienced people like myself who have been doing this job for 15 years.  Anyway no one in the company can believe what has happened to me and other people have tried to get me back into a more favorable department but this guy just wont allow it Sad  aww well  its just one of lifes little crosses.. thanks anyway Alyssa

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.