Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4
Send Topic Print
(Warning!) The Dangers of The Ouija Board (Read 40737 times)
Kyo_Kusanagi

(Warning!) The Dangers of The Ouija Board
Jul 8th, 2006 at 4:18am

(Note : I originally posted this in the off-topic subforum; thereafter, after reading the many replies on the other forums that I also made this post in (eg. the Astral Pulse forum, the Near Death forum, etc), that largely show appreciation for my posting it, and from many posters' own sharing of their (almost without exception) negative experiences from using the Ouija board, I've decided to move the thread to the main 'Afterlife Knowledge' forum. And afterall, this does directly have to do with the Afterlife, and efforts to contact those in the Afterlife. In this case of the Ouija board, it's an ill-advised method. If you have friends that do not visit this forum, but are at risk of trying out the Ouija, please forward this message to them perhaps via email.)

The Dangers of The Ouija Board (don't try it at home folks!)

(I also posted this on the "NDE & Afterlife" forum *here*, but was taken originally from the Astral Pulse forum *here* :

Quote:
Which make me wonder...just what is it about Ouija that causes so much negativity.

Hilarion on the Ouija Board :

For more Hilarion quotes :
http://infinity.usanethosting.com/Heart.Of.God/main.htm#Hilarion

IP Logged

DocM

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Re: (Warning!) The Dangers of The Ouija Board
Reply #1 - Jul 8th, 2006 at 7:33am

This is interesting, Kyo.  Thanks.  I have often thought that lower level forms of consciousness would choose certain forms of communication with the physical world as being easier.  I have suspected that EVP, (electronic voice phenomenon) and ouija have a mixture of earth bound spirits and some lower level ones who come through, separate from your "run of the mill," Focus 27 deceased person.

The idea that forces of darkness and light have agreed that the ouija is the territory of the dark side seems humorous to me, and falls into the dualistic way of seeing the world.  I don't dismiss it outright - that famous tale of possession in The Exorcist started with a ouija board, as I recall..  However, there is nothing special to me about letters on a board in the physical plane.  Kids play with the equivalent of a ouija board every day in daycare across the country.   If one meditates, and says an affirmation to the highest good, as Monroe and TMI advocate, does it really matter if one is exploring with the mind in a bed or with a ouija board?

So, it is interesting and thought provoking to ponder whether some forms of comunication may be inherently more able to come in contact with lower level entities.  In general, most kids who play with ouija boards are not hurled into a deadly or severe danger - no more than using the "magic eight ball," to ask yes or no questions.... But for the true seekers of consciousness, a warning appears prudent.  

Hey!  I just realized, my searches of consciousness don't employ any of Hilarion's five paths to knowledge (numerology, astrology, angel cards, etc.).  Oh well. 
Matthew

IP Logged

Kyo_Kusanagi

Reply #2 - Jul 8th, 2006 at 11:49am

Hi Matthew,

Regarding "The idea that forces of darkness and light have agreed that the ouija is the territory of the dark side seems humorous to me, and falls into the dualistic way of seeing the world", perhaps I can explain this in another way :

Instead of hastily extrapolating too much into what one might assume Hilarion actually meant by his seemingly dualistic comment of "forces of light" vs "forces of darkness", let's try another (out-of-the-box) angle of looking at it.

There are agreements of sorts occurring all the time, whether legally binding ones, or simply unspoken, universally implied type agreements, even between countries, between organizations (eg. between the UN and various Nations; between China and Taiwan, China and North Korea, North Korea and South Korea, etc), even between various mafia gangs (eg. unspoken territory agreements), and also in some way, between the cops and the mafia/gangs (eg. they don't overtly cross each other's paths, in a way that would be detrimental for either/both).

Similarly, the guides & helpers, or various sections/departments/groups of the guides & helpers (we face the problem of using limited *physical* human language here) do have their own various types of agreements with other groups, eg. with the 'spiritual authorities' or 'spiritual governments' of other planetary civilizations, for instance; this is the only way soul transmigration across planets/worlds can proceed in a harmonious and productive manner for all worlds involved).

Now, if you discard the hollywood or dogmatic religion's fiction of "good" vs "evil", "god" vs" satan", "angels" vs "demons", etc, and instead, recognize (without judgement of fear based ideas) there do exist groups or categories of beings, that out of misguided lack of self-clarity and self-love (as Dave and myself have elaborated), participate in intrusive and unloving activities (simply because they don't know any better, not because they're inherently 'evil', as dogmatic fiction would have one believe), for the sake of simplifying and communicating these matters to the masses, we might say they're the "dark brothers" (Hilarion) or "dark force entities" (William Baldwin), etc.

Heck, even if you (as some might prefer to believe or see things that way) totally disregard this group/category of beings, or dismiss them as a work of dualistic fiction, which is fine; then the fact still remains that AGREEMENTS OF ALL SORTS STILL CERTAINLY DO EXIST BETWEEN ALL LEVELS AND ALL GROUPS OF BEINGS.

So it's quite a natural (inevitable, really) extension, (or at the very least certainly conceivable), that there may exist agreements on various matters, or in this case various tools (eg. Ouija boards, Astrology, Tarot cards, etc). Afterall, when it comes to something as important (from the viewpoint of the guides & helpers) as humanity's spiritual development and guidance, the guides & helpers would be more than willing to make agreements and (they certainly have the power to) enforce them.

So Matthew, and others who might be puzzling over this point. Consider a basic fundamental viewpoint (eg. the dualistic idea of "dark vs light"). Consider yet other viewpoints from a different fundamental perspective (eg. the universalistic idea of non-dualism). Consider them simultaneously, and EVOLVE A GREATER PERSPECTIVE, one that is more complete from the two separately or individually, and you come to a greater understanding.

The guides & helpers themselves are at all times doing this. We all ALL evolving. The guides & helpers have their own guides & helpers, who have their own guides & helpers, AD INFINITUM (literally!). Hilarion has confirmed this, very matter-of-factly.

In this sense, and this is also why we've been emphasizing this, there is no one static objective 'truth' or 'right/wrong', because ALL viewpoints, ALL beings, ALL concepts, ALL WITHOUT EXCEPTION, continue evolving perpetually. As Hilarion or the International Academy of  Consciousness (IAC) would put it, there is only Relative Leading Edge Truths.

And this is as it should be. This is the very Plan or Purpose, of Creation. God exploring, creating and experiencing, *as* each and all beings in the Cosmos. And (for good measure) Loving every bit of it!

IP Logged

Cosmic_Ambitions

Reply #3 - Jul 8th, 2006 at 12:22pm

I'm gonna have to go with DocM on this. I'm not sure that I understand why channeling through paper and letters is any different than channeling through tarot cards; meditation; self reflection; etc.? It's all just a form of synchronizing one's mind into higher levels of consciousness. If one wants to dispute the methods be they benign & unsacrificial in the inhumane way, or that it's something that was "agreed" upon unbenounced to us in the ethereal states, I see no dispute here. I don't really view our reality as being a sort of quessing children's game, whereby playing/utilizing certain wrong objects will lead to self destruction or spiritual demotion... After all, the whole point of us being here is to be curious and learn. We didn't neccessarily get a "Guide to Life" manual upon entering this realm of existence... so, we just have to kind of feel our way around. As such, I would hearnestly make room for a lot of "leniency" when it comes to people's methods of self discovery.

Just my p.o.v.

PUL,
Cosmic_Ambitions

Would there be this eternal seeking if the found existed?~Antonio Porchia&&Before enlightenment-chop wood, carry water.  After enlightenment-chop wood, carry water.~Zen Buddhist Proverb&&And remember, no matter where you go, there you are.~Confucius

IP Logged

juditha
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Jul 8th, 2006 at 12:27pm

Hi Kyo and Matthew I was told once by a medium ,that someone was going to offer me the chance to go on a ouja board in the future, and i was to say no to it ,as the medium said the ouja board is bad news,it can open it up for evil spirits to come through, and they pretend to be someone you have loved and lost ,until you get so you want to keep using the ouja board, and after a while the evil spirits will show there true colours,and then its to late ,they will plague you and then you need a priest to exorcise them. Love and god bless you juditha

IP Logged

deanna

Reply #5 - Jul 8th, 2006 at 1:29pm

Couldnt have put it better myself juditha love deanna

deanna

IP Logged

Touching Souls

LOVE IS ALL, SHINE YOUR
LIGHT THAT OTHERS MAY
SEE

Metaline Falls, WA
Reply #6 - Jul 8th, 2006 at 2:01pm

Kyo, what do you think about the use of pendulums?  I have 2 and have just started using mine again.

Love, Mairlyn Wink

I AM THAT I AM -- WE ARE ALL ONE -- TOUCHING SOULS
Wink
WWW minniecricket2000  
IP Logged

Kyo_Kusanagi

Reply #7 - Jul 8th, 2006 at 2:35pm

Quote:
Kyo, what do you think about the use of pendulums?  I have 2 and have just started using mine again.
Love, Mairlyn Wink

Dear Mairlyn,

Pendulums are (in comparison for instance to the Ouija board or Tarot Cards) an 'unregulated', or neutral, or natural, set of tools that are most directly used for communication with the subconscious.

If one uses it for communication with other extraphysical beings, it is usually through (these beings) working through your subconscious. This process (of working through the person), as compared to say, EVP in which the extraphysical beings more directly manipulate the electromagnetic or physical matter, does admittedly make the use of the pendulum a little more risky*.

So in summary, it is a neutral tool on its own. While there have been known cases of both positive experiences, as well as for some others, negative experiences, as a result of using the pendulum. The determining factor will be the nature and vibration of the beings that you *ask* to contact, as well as the intentions and vibrations of your own thosenes (THOughts, SENtiments and EnergieS).

I do not particularly discourage, nor particularly recommend either, the use of the pendulum. It's a neutral tool and is really a matter of personal preference, up to each individual if you/he/she like(s) to work with the pendulum as a tool.

Perhaps caution would be advised, for the reason* stated earlier. If you intuitively feel positive about the use of the pendulum, then by all means do so, but with positive thosenes and vibrations, and always request and invite the protection and participation of your guides & helpers, in all pendulum sessions. And unless you're sure of yourself, never ask any external being or entity, to answer your questions via the pendulum.

Before any and all channeling sessions (Hilarion), Jon C Fox always takes the precaution of a prayer and/or ritual of psychic protection, always clearly (and respectfully and lovingly) requesting for the protection and participation of the guides & helpers, including naturally, Hilarion himself. This is a very sensible precaution.

And since the use of the pendulum, is akin to channeling (remember that any being that answers you through the pendulum, must operate through your subconscious, which is a form of channeling), thus a simliar procedure or prayer/ritual for psychic protection would be wise.

Love, Kyo Wink

IP Logged

Kyo_Kusanagi

Reply #8 - Jul 8th, 2006 at 2:39pm

Thank you Juditha, and Deanna. The both of you are very beautiful, loving souls.

Smiley
Love, Kyo

Quote:
Hi Kyo and Matthew I was told once by a medium ,that someone was going to offer me the chance to go on a ouja board in the future, and i was to say no to it ,as the medium said the ouja board is bad news,it can open it up for evil spirits to come through, and they pretend to be someone you have loved and lost ,until you get so you want to keep using the ouja board, and after a while the evil spirits will show there true colours,and then its to late ,they will plague you and then you need a priest to exorcise them. Love and god bless you juditha

IP Logged

LaffingRain

Choose this Day

Arizona
Reply #9 - Jul 8th, 2006 at 2:57pm

I have a chapter in my book on how I used the ouiji board for the first and last time I might add. the problem is most people use it as a game and its not a game.
I don't believe in evil versus good so my experience is unique as is everyone's, according to how much fear or love is inside the heart. the night I used it was some 45 years ago to get my knowings basically, but I don't advocate it for others to use; must be an easier way I said to meself.
I did meet some suspicious spirit blokes who loved testing me out. they didn't seem to have my best interests in mind and I got angry..anger is only fear, self protective fear. I was immature, didn't know much about anything, how I was conjuring up this world. yet there was two parts to my spirit even then; a higher and a lower self. I had decided from my higher self to teach my lower self a thing or two. thats my impression, that I designed this experience for myself from a higher level and so it came true.
that night, just for insurance, I wore a cross on my neck, as large as a nun's cross. I said "just in case I'm amiss here."  I heard two voices. You must choose Jesus's path or the path of power in the world. choose now. I asked the spirits to leave and they only left after I chose Jesus. the funny thing is I've not considered to join any religion this life, but circumstances (lol) were such, even if you are an atheist in a moment of great fear you will call out the name of god nonetheless.

that was my test night; you can bet I didn't get a wink of sleep. that board is so ancient and slow and only attracts pranksters from the astral. the good guys, the guides and helpers they work by sending you love, lifting you up in your efforts to evolve and get your knowings. I repeat, you trust your heart and look around for someone who's already been successful in returning to god or good.

hugs, alysia

... Who takes away death's sting deprives life of bitterness
WWW http://www.facebook.com/LaughingRain2  
IP Logged

Kyo_Kusanagi

Reply #10 - Jul 8th, 2006 at 3:08pm

As always, hugggs and much love to you, dear Alysia Smiley

Kyo

LaffingRain wrote on Jul 8th, 2006 at 2:57pm:
I have a chapter in my book on how I used the ouiji board for the first and last time I might add. the problem is most people use it as a game and its not a game.
I don't believe in evil versus good so my experience is unique as is everyone's, according to how much fear or love is inside the heart. the night I used it was some 45 years ago to get my knowings basically, but I don't advocate it for others to use; must be an easier way I said to meself.
I did meet some suspicious spirit blokes who loved testing me out. they didn't seem to have my best interests in mind and I got angry..anger is only fear, self protective fear. I was immature, didn't know much about anything, how I was conjuring up this world. yet there was two parts to my spirit even then; a higher and a lower self. I had decided from my higher self to teach my lower self a thing or two. thats my impression, that I designed this experience for myself from a higher level and so it came true.
that night, just for insurance, I wore a cross on my neck, as large as a nun's cross. I said "just in case I'm amiss here."  I heard two voices. You must choose Jesus's path or the path of power in the world. choose now. I asked the spirits to leave and they only left after I chose Jesus. the funny thing is I've not considered to join any religion this life, but circumstances (lol) were such, even if you are an atheist in a moment of great fear you will call out the name of god nonetheless.

that was my test night; you can bet I didn't get a wink of sleep. that board is so ancient and slow and only attracts pranksters from the astral. the good guys, the guides and helpers they work by sending you love, lifting you up in your efforts to evolve and get your knowings. I repeat, you trust your heart and look around for someone who's already been successful in returning to god or good.

hugs, alysia

IP Logged

Touching Souls

LOVE IS ALL, SHINE YOUR
LIGHT THAT OTHERS MAY
SEE

Metaline Falls, WA
Reply #11 - Jul 8th, 2006 at 3:16pm

Thank you Kyo. I only use the pendulum for asking myself questions and I always use protection -- white and golden light, bringing down my I AM Presence before any meditation or using the pendulum.

Much Love,
Mairlyn Wink

I AM THAT I AM -- WE ARE ALL ONE -- TOUCHING SOULS
Wink
WWW minniecricket2000  
IP Logged

newwayknight

Reply #12 - Jul 8th, 2006 at 7:43pm

My sister and her roomate had a very traumatic experience with a ouija board...had "success" talking to a passed friend, but after taking a short break they came back to the board and there was a perceptibly different result, with a very angry "spirit", with ensuing phenomenon like the sounds of growling, a huge drop in temperature (reflected on their thermostat...every time they tried to reset it it shot back down, with frigid temperatures), and with objects moving and swinging on the walls.  Scared the daylights out of my sister.

Had another friend that had a "spirit" take control to the point that they had their hands off the board, and the pointer was moving on its own, then shot across the room to smash into a wall, and then the board flipped up and over by itself.  Needless to say, they didn't use the board anymore either.

These two experiences, with people that I know are very lucid and not at all prone to any hyperbole, were definitely cautions that I have heeded even though I've always wanted to witness something of a supernatural nature. (yes, my plague of being a doubting Thomas)

As far as evil/good dichotomies go, I definitely would believe that just as their are entities with altruistic and unconditional tendencies, there are also entities that thrive off of using, abusing, and causing pain.  I would define this as evil, not in a "contest" sense of good versus evil, but in the existence of things that most certainly derive pleasure from causing pain to others or dominating them.  Yes, they are misguided, but it is to a degree that produces a malevolent fruit.  I have studied alot of exorcisms within the Roman Catholic church, and in all cases there is a thorough study to rule out psychological problems or anything relating to known science before an exorcism is even attempted.  Ouija boards have been known to be at the gateway to some of the exorcisms that were confirmed genuine and pursued.  I would definitely define a spirit that willfully revels in such abuse of people as evil, and I think it is very good of you to post the warnings regarding Ouija boards.

WWW findthenewway  
IP Logged

Petrus

Reply #13 - Jul 8th, 2006 at 8:38pm

I was using a ouija board on numerous occasions with a friend at around the age of 15-16.  We did a lot of really dumb and spiritually risky things at the time, which I suppose is normal for teenagers.

I will say that before we started doing it, the house I was living in was completely spiritually clean, and that after we started, that most certainly was not the case.  I'd be sitting in that bedroom at my computer and would experience spirits randomly walking in and out past me.  I also got the impression that some of those randomly walking past me like that weren't human; I wouldn't have described them as demons as such, but more as beings who usually existed somewhere else entirely but who were drawn to where I was (and enabled to interact with me, to a small extent) via the access point that the ouija board established.

There were also numerous instances where I would be lying in bed at night and would hear whispering and what sounded like many small footsteps in the hall outside my bedroom door.  I would get up to investigate, but the moment I opened the bedroom door the whispering would stop, only to start again as soon as I got back into bed.  I also experienced what felt like something with about the mass of a cat jumping or landing on the bed in some instances. 

There is also one more persistent thing.  A spirit which I believe was drawn to me then is still somewhat following me around now.  There will be times at night where I will experience nightmares.  I will wake up, and be aware of a presence in the room, but will find waking much more difficult than usual.  It will feel as though something is literally trying to drag me back to sleep, and I believe that is for the purpose of continuing the nightmare.  That has happened when I have gone back to sleep during those incidents, and it's also the only time I've been able to continue dreams after waking and resuming sleep.

I believe the way a ouija board works is as a completely unregulated beacon in astral space.  It's essentially like shooting a particularly bright flare up into the sky.  Anyone can see it, and anyone who sees it can choose to go towards it.  I'll also use the Stargate analogy again here, for those of you who've seen SG-1.  You can essentially think of a ouija board as not only being a strong beacon, but also an entirely open stargate (I think the term normally used by mediums is "vortex") into astral space, without an iris (the barrier the humans in the series devised to prevent nasties coming through) installed.

Because the intent behind using a ouija board is also usually an entirely unfocused "let's see who's out there," said gate is likewise completely non-discriminating.  You're literally playing Russian roulette; Anyone at all who wants to can choose to walk through, and so getting a troubled human spirit from the lower etheric/F23 is actually the best case scenario.  Worst case is when you get someone coming through who is from a non-human domain entirely; it's a very large multiverse out there.  The other thing is that as I experienced, the vortex that a ouija board opens doesn't necessarily close when the ouija session ends; closing it can require other measures entirely, in terms of either exorcism, energetic purification of the area, or a banishing ritual.

I don't believe what Hilarion is quoted as saying about a ouija board being designated evil as such, but I do believe that there's less than a 1% chance of getting a positive entity from a ouija board session, and the reason why has to do with the issue of consent.  Positive beings only interact with you directly when they're very specifically asked to do so.  They don't otherwise, because to do so would be a violation of your free will.  Part of the definition of being an STS or negative entity on the other hand though is that rather than waiting for your permission, if they are given an access point they will come through of their own accord, and very often do a whole multitude of things which not only have you not asked for, but most assuredly will not want.

I would not try and tell anyone directly not to use a ouija board; we all have our own experiences for our own learning.  However, I would advise anyone considering it to be aware that in my experience, doing so can have radically negative and uncontrolled consequences.  It's very much the spiritual equivalent of unsafe sex, IMHO.

...&&eMule : Welcome to Aquarian society.

IP Logged

Kyo_Kusanagi

Reply #14 - Jul 8th, 2006 at 10:04pm

Thanks, Newwayknight, and thanks for sharing your experience, too Smiley
Quote:
I think it is very good of you to post the warnings regarding Ouija boards.

Petrus wrote on Jul 8th, 2006 at 8:38pm:
I believe the way a ouija board works is as a completely unregulated beacon in astral space... I don't believe what Hilarion is quoted as saying about a ouija board being designated evil as such... It's very much the spiritual equivalent of unsafe sex, IMHO.

Hi Petrus, you're just about correct in what you've said, except that you seem to have slightly misunderstood, or not totally understood, Hilarion's explanation. He didn't say it was "designated evil". He said that unlike the 5 methods of guidance previously mentioned (eg. Astrology, Palmistry, Numerology, Tarot Cards, I-Ching), the Ouija board is not under the any special higher protection. (See "Tarot Cards" on my website for more details).

So in that sense, it is much like you've described, that it is "the equivalent of unprotected sex", and that "there's less than a 1% chance of getting a positive entity from a ouija board session, and the reason why has to do with the issue of consent" and other reasons as well. So again, you're just about correct in your understanding of the Ouija, except for the "designated evil" bit (you misunderstood Hilarion on), which you've to understand the context of the *comparison* Hilarion was making with the 5 other specific methods of divination.

(edit : added the following)

In case some are wondering then, on my last statement of the preceeding paragraph. In that case, what makes the Ouija board any more dangerous than all other methods, since all other methods other than the 5 protected methods, are also 'unprotected'?

For those who puzzle of this then, here is the answer - In *comparison* to all other methods (other than the 5 + 1 methods), most other methods do not come nearly as explicitly to inviting communication with extraphysical beings. Perhaps the best illustration here would be to consider the Tarot Cards with the Ouija Board.

Other methods, such as hypnotherapy, do not directly invite extraphysical beings to "come in". Even EVP (Electronic Voice Phenomenon), which one could argue does (that is, just the intention to record EVP instances) broadcast out and attract the attention of extraphysical beings, including notably discarnate human consciousnesses who are blind guides, earthbound, or intrusive. But by comparison to the Ouija, in which the extraphysical beings direct intrude into the mind of the Ouija board user in order to manipulate the Ouija handpiece, the extraphysical beings involved in EVP attempt to directly manipulate the electromagnetic wavelengths.

This is why, IN THE CONTEXT OF COMPARISON (in comparsion both with the 5 protected methods, as well as in comparison with most other methods), Hilarion stated that the use of the Ouija Board is "extremely dangerous".

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.