Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print
spitfire has been treated unfairly (Read 35399 times)
Spitfire
Ex Member

Re: spitfire has been treated unfairly
Reply #60 - May 18th, 2006 at 3:50am

Quote:
While I personally don't think you have anything to do with whatever has happened, I feel I should point out that masking your IP is very simple to do and since your in England your IP is very likely dynamic anyway and not fixed.

Your ip address is tailored to your location, and unless your a computer genius - the location part of your ip is not changable.. if you traced my ip address you would see, i live in kingston upon hull, in yorkshire.. and unless i traveled to another city, far far away, i could not change this, the only part that changes is the last digits.

IP Logged

DocM

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Reply #61 - May 18th, 2006 at 6:16am

Hi Tim,

I like your post.  On a metaphysical level, you are, of course correct.  However, we have to be part of the inter-relationship in physical reality, and that means, I have found to have and express opinions.  

I had a similar discussion with Kyo on another thread.  Right/wrong,  good/evil, light/dark stuff.  There is a strong argument that if we are all one, that none of these distinctions exist.  Unfortunately, that can lead you to the idea that nothing matters but simply being.  This may be a profound realization, however, we are here, in this C1 plane, maybe as actors on a stage, but we all play our parts.  The distinctions of right and wrong, good and evil are important while we are on this stage, whether they are illusory on a grander scheme or not.

I am reminded again of the Bhagavad Gita, where the lord Krishna comes down to the warrior Arjuna who is about to engage in a mighty battle, and is losing heart.  Why go through with it if thousands of friends and family will die, and if we are all part of the unity?  The Gita is thus a dialogue between the two about the reason for action/duty.  In essence, Krishna urges him to go on to the battle, to act out his part even if there are higher planes of existence, even if devastation will result.

The realization of unity with God is, perhaps our ultimate goal.  If we take a look at our current thoughts and relationships, we were not meant to shirk our part in the drama of life while we go on this quest.  Life is a participation sport, so to speak, and this realization has taken me quite a bit of time.  

So I think your post is true, and lends a certain overall perspective to the hurt feelings and trouble that has occured.  Nevertheless, I plan to continue to put forth my feelings on what happened and play my role in the hopes that I will get a positive response from Bruce and Allan that can heal the board.

Best to you,

Matthew

IP Logged

augoeideian

South Africa
Reply #62 - May 18th, 2006 at 6:26am

is it safe to come out now?!  Smiley

there seems to be underhanded politics going on and i'd rather not be part of it ...  i thought that i had left the catfighting alone when i left the school playground ...

sigh .. tame the ego people.

&&

IP Logged

Elysiumfire
Ex Member

Reply #63 - May 18th, 2006 at 6:43am

Hi Tim,

A couple of points:

Quote: "It means there are no sides or corners to the thing, it's a sphere."

If a thing has a shape, then it will always have a 'inner' and 'outer', and by the shape, both are connected.
Cognizance is what is required. Stillness is connected to motion, interconnectively described by perspective. Equally so, 'silence' and 'sound'; as well as 'here' and 'there' . These are not illusions or hallucinations, they are quite real to perspective.
Relative perspective of one, alludes to a perspective of the other. The illusion is the shape, and once one becomes cognizant of this, the shape disappears and all that is left is a cognizance of 'interconnection'.

Regards

IP Logged

ParanoidAndroid

Reply #64 - May 18th, 2006 at 9:03am

yes, it is a sphere and there are no corners..the right and wrong are hallucinations and illusions..so let the niggers be niggers untill you are born as a black person..let the jews be terminated in gas rooms untill you are born a nazi to find a better way to kill...let the place be the place where people owe each other nothing ..not even a genunie smile or a sincere thought. let there us be the one with a head and toe while the head cant feel the pain of the toe..let us be the brothers and sisters who is talking cheap to each other..and pls after all,  let there be love!
is this the catfight?..well no,  this is the just the life itself that people devastate and offer to each other in kind manners. i too will one day start a fire , play and fake and will sit back and relax and enjoy the sight of people burning just to warm me up..i too would then turn my head back and find a fancy relaxing thought and that day, i guess i ll begin to believe that we are one.

i have seen people enough mostly around here who is playing the three monkey when somebody is bleeding before their eyes under their own rule. "what is this? what is the damage?"..say.. they just dont understand.yet again this time somebody says something about their own self or about the self of a friend..far from causing a wound..although they are immune to the damage although they are the king of their place they rush and hurry and take action and nobody is even have to explain themselves..ok, in this small exapmle, i really would like to have a compromise..could it be that perhaps we are ONE with SOME and NOT so with some others? i just dont bother with this..i bother with the blinded sense in people when they preach about love and being one. so i ask them..which ONE do you mean?

but it is really a joke, u see. anybody cant be serious talking among people who are so friendly only outside and under a rule who says we owe you nothing.

it has been six years..despite all those warnings given to me about the place and the purpose of it only now i slowly am begining to realize that really here is a big mistake going on.i have not been to the other side, i have not met jesus, i have not drown in lights of love but i do claim people owe each other and every other. people owe each other to-the-face sincerity, people owe each other the truth the best they understand and perceive, people owe each other the care..i see none here..i see so very strange things that i have not seen someplace else..i see people hating their own daughter and sitting here and preaching love ..i see people whispering words of ..-i dont know what- inside and yet faking a gigling smiley. this place is almost a hell where living ghosts are  trapped and you are talking about rescuing the actual dead man and lifting them to heavens? impossible. so blinded to the living, cant do a thing about the dead, except perhaps burying it.

how many chances you d give to a person about a mistake that is goin on? one million? two billions? in how many of them they would seriously think about  correcting them? in none probably..yet again wouldnt you give one another chance? yes, you would..but in among those time, in all that repeating mistakes all the system and all the current could have shifted to another side..yet again you would give that other chance after the billionth and.. you d wait..until the eternity, you d wait so the invidual mistake is corrected..small are chances but you'd wait, wouldnt you?

whatever.. i dont know about you but i think i would..i think, i have to. because it is gotto be a rule or something.
« Last Edit: May 18th, 2006 at 11:03am by ParanoidAndroid »  

IP Logged

DocM

Reply #65 - May 18th, 2006 at 10:32am

Hi Augo,

From my point of view there is no politics at all. This thread is merely a response to deletions of other entire threads and posts, separate from a single contentious perhaps inappropriate single post from Craig.  This is not a question of ego, so much as a sense of fairness and balance.  And communication.
M

IP Logged

augoeideian

South Africa
Reply #66 - May 18th, 2006 at 10:50am

All points .. and spheres .. taken into consideration otherwise hope you are all well?

&&

IP Logged

Tim F.
Ex Member

Reply #67 - May 18th, 2006 at 12:45pm

Hi Matt,

What I'm saying is that we have more choices than a "either/or"  stance might imply. It's not that we're either holding this end of the stick or that one. There are more possibilities.

I think we fixate viewpoints by putting conditions on them to hold them in place. Unconditional doesn't mean we don't make choices. But it means you see many viewpoints, the fluidity...  I think that's great for free will, the more choices we have.

Ya know, I was thinking of the disagreement 'tween Linn & Craig more than issue of moderation and censorship...  My main thing was to say that I believe Craig's response to accusations of harassment in this thread and I ain't taking a side by saying that. And I'm saying we have more choices than we sometimes realise, we're all co-creators. Things aren't fixed in stone. It can take just one person to make a shift in viewpoint and change the whole equation.

Hey Elysiumfire,

Don't you love how all metaphors self-destruct?

I do!

Tim ( I'd rather juggle than use metaphors)  F.

oh, anyone interested in finding personal proof of the interdependence of all things? one formula is this: turn the light around and look inwards. trace your attention back to it's source. the proof is there...

IP Logged

AH1976

Midlands, UK
Reply #68 - May 18th, 2006 at 5:13pm

Quote:
Your ip address is tailored to your location, and unless your a computer genius - the location part of your ip is not changable.. if you traced my ip address you would see, i live in kingston upon hull, in yorkshire.. and unless i traveled to another city, far far away, i could not change this, the only part that changes is the last digits.

If memory serves me correctly in Hull your limited in your telecomes provider and ISP, I'm not going to go giving out details but its very easy to change your IP to one totally different, there are programs that can do it for you, but it can actually be done very easily in IE. Also though I doubt this applies to you, but for people on NTL a lot of websites dont pick up their actual IP but the IP of their local cache server. As I said in my original post I dont think you did it at all, im just correcting the technical aspects.

IP Logged

deanna

Reply #69 - May 21st, 2006 at 6:07pm

Leave spitfire alone ,just because he says his opinions what he truly believes hes being hounded for it ,i dont know what went on between spitfire and linn and i dont want to know because it is spitfires buisness and nobody elses ,spitfire is a very intelligent ,genuine person ,that ryans about womens rights was worser than anything spitfire wrote ,hes the one who should have been told off not spitfire ,spitfire is one of the best as far as i,m concerned love deanna

deanna

IP Logged

juditha
Ex Member

Reply #70 - May 21st, 2006 at 6:15pm

Hi I agree with everything deanna has wrote here and i really, like deanna miss spitfire on here ,it just wont be the same on here without him ,i liked to read what he wrote because all he was doing was the same as the rest of us saying what he truly thinks and beleives and he should be back on here because he had so many interesting things to say  and i miss it .Love and god bless juditha . come back spitfire theres so many of us that miss you

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.