Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5
Send Topic Print
spitfire has been treated unfairly (Read 35388 times)
deanna

Afterlife Knowledge Member

spitfire has been treated unfairly
May 14th, 2006 at 7:41pm

Hi ,i think spitfire has been treated really unfairly ,just because he speaks what he feels is right  hes in the wrong ,spitfire is a very genuine person i for one liked him very much ,what happened to freedom of speech ,i suppose this will be sent to off topics deanna

deanna

IP Logged

deanna

Re: spitfire has been treated unfairly
Reply #1 - May 14th, 2006 at 7:43pm

Come back spitfire  love deanna

deanna

IP Logged

Rob_Roy

New Hampshire, USA
Reply #2 - May 14th, 2006 at 7:45pm

If guidance hadn't told me I'm actually helping some people who post or lurk here, I'd quit. I think some people should have already figured out that the energy on this board is different from Linn's, and that different people are drawn here for different reasons, but ultimately the same one - to learn and experience PUL, even if the journey is a little rougher here. If certain people don't like that, there's always Linn's board. 

If this board was like Linn's, it would be redundant and no one would need it.

Patience and kindness - I guess we only have so much. When that runs out, we must ban the heretic. So much for PUL.

People are drawn her for a reason. Certain people especially. And that isn't because they belong on Linn's board.

Rob

IP Logged

deanna

Reply #3 - May 14th, 2006 at 7:51pm

What do you mean rob roy i,m confused  deanna

deanna

IP Logged

Rob_Roy

New Hampshire, USA
Reply #4 - May 14th, 2006 at 7:55pm

I modified my post. If you're still confused, please feel free to say so again.

Rob

IP Logged

deanna

Reply #5 - May 14th, 2006 at 8:08pm

Who is linn rob roy love deanna

deanna

IP Logged

AH1976

Midlands, UK
Reply #6 - May 14th, 2006 at 9:48pm

Quote:
Who is linn rob roy love deanna

Linn is Linn Conyers, this all started because her services where recomended to someone seeking a medium. Spitfire has had a bad experience with her and very fairly said so. Whether you agree or not with the removal of the thread I personally feel the comments from spitfire which kicked off the decline of the thread were uncalled for, they were nasty and quite hateful.

In my view the removal of the thread was too late to be of use since the thread had started to take an upturn (unless I missed something between the removal and my last view). This has been even further worsened by the moving of spitfires 'goodbye' thread to the off-topic section. But be fair people in this section of the forum it is off-topic, as is this thread lol.

IP Logged

Rob_Roy

New Hampshire, USA
Reply #7 - May 15th, 2006 at 8:21am

Deanna,

Linn's Forum is here:

http://www.spiritlinnusa.com/linns_forum/Index.php

She is a fine lady.

Love,
Rob

IP Logged

juditha
Ex Member

Reply #8 - May 15th, 2006 at 10:48am

Hi Deanna i totally agree ,spitfire has been treated unfairly,its nice to get his veiws on here .i cant see were hes done anything wrong . hes just honest and stands up for what he thinks about things and theres nothing wrong with that.love and god bless juditha

IP Logged

AH1976

Midlands, UK
Reply #9 - May 15th, 2006 at 1:00pm

I don't think the problem is with the message in his posts, he didnt get a good reading from the medium then fair enough, the problem is the malice and venom clearly present in the post, and that is something people shouldn't have to read on a forum like this.

IP Logged

DocM

Reply #10 - May 15th, 2006 at 1:13pm

Again, Senote if you read my thread on the deletion of his post, the thread, and the moving of my thread, you can see that the sense of injustice comes about from the unilateral acts by a moderator without a public warning, or explanation afterward when many people, myself included are unhappy. 

I find the silence on the other end, the deletion of an entire thread (with other thoughtful posts separate from the contentious one), the moving of my thread to the off topic forum, all without comment, all without justification to have caused more ill feelings in the name of preventing offensive comments from surfacing. 

You can be angry in a response; you simply should not be threatening, menacing or denigrating.  If you filter out all spontaneous comments, you are left with less "venom," but also less creativity.

Don and Craig had it out once.  They produced one of the most read threads on the forum.  Why?  There were a few insults and barbs thrown around at first.  But cajun cooking burns the tongue and still tastes good!

I still look to Bruce or the moderator to own up to what happened, to respond to the many on the forum still upset by this, to try to post openly and publically when making a move and to make amends.

Matthew

IP Logged

Allan
YaBB Administrator

Reply #11 - May 15th, 2006 at 4:35pm

Keep in mind, you are not owed anything on the Conversation Board.  Although registration of the forums has been publicly open, it is still a privately owned website.  Your access and posting privileges (not entitlements or rights) are contingent upon your ability or willingness to follow the posting guidelines.  This has nothing to do with “free speech”.

Bruce has had limited time and spotty e-mail access.  He requested that Spitfire's threads be deleted, after it was brought to his attention through Peer Moderator Input.  The thread was deleted and a warning was given.  Spitfire responded with more of the same, which was deleted, as well.  He is on notice that will be banned the next time he violates the posting guidelines.

As to why he was "singled out", I will not presume to speak for Bruce or any of the Peer Moderators.  My guess is that these messages received sufficient Peer Moderator Input for Bruce to make the decision to delete them and the other messages did not.  So, if you feel there are messages that violate the posting guidelines that were neglected, you can use Peer Moderator Input.  Messages may or may not be moved or deleted, but at least you've used the tool provided for this purpose.

I was told to remove the threads immediately, but I didn't receive details on how it was to be done (whether to post an explanation for all users to read, etc.).  So, I apologize to everyone if I did not exercise the same quality of tact as that of Bruce.

IP Logged

AH1976

Midlands, UK
Reply #12 - May 15th, 2006 at 4:53pm

Quote:
Again, Senote if you read my thread on the deletion of his post, the thread, and the moving of my thread, you can see that the sense of injustice comes about from the unilateral acts by a moderator without a public warning, or explanation afterward when many people, myself included are unhappy.

Okay so the removal of the original thread was handled badly, personally I would have removed those original posts of spitfires and left it. As for the other threads I really don't think anyone here needs an explenation as to why clearly off-topic posts were moved to the off-topic forum.

Quote:
I find the silence on the other end, the deletion of an entire thread (with other thoughtful posts separate from the contentious one), the moving of my thread to the off topic forum, all without comment, all without justification to have caused more ill feelings in the name of preventing offensive comments from surfacing.

There were more than one contentious posts in the thread, spitfire posted several times his rather nasty opinion. And the only reason this has degenerated to this state is because spitfire then decided to post his 'goodbye' an act which in 10yrs online I have generally found to be one used to draw attention to oneself rather than as a geniune goodbye. Sorry spitfire thats just experience talking

Quote:
You can be angry in a response; you simply should not be threatening, menacing or denigrating.  If you filter out all spontaneous comments, you are left with less "venom," but also less creativity.

Sorry but I must have been mistaken, I didn't think this forum and others like it were the place for venom and spite, creative or not. What was said could easily have been said in a manner less offensive and nasty.

Quote:
Don and Craig had it out once.  They produced one of the most read threads on the forum.  Why?  There were a few insults and barbs thrown around at first.  But cajun cooking burns the tongue and still tastes good!

I probably would have read it too, which reflects poorly on me. But this forum is not the place for it, or rather any forum except the off-topic forum is not the place for it.

Quote:
I still look to Bruce or the moderator to own up to what happened, to respond to the many on the forum still upset by this, to try to post openly and publically when making a move and to make amends.

Allan has posted his explenation, but I really don't see that either him or Bruce have anything to make amends for except doing there job.

IP Logged

Spitfire
Ex Member

Reply #13 - May 15th, 2006 at 5:28pm

Quote:
There were more than one contentious posts in the thread, spitfire posted several times his rather nasty opinion. And the only reason this has degenerated to this state is because spitfire then decided to post his 'goodbye' an act which in 10yrs online I have generally found to be one used to draw attention to oneself rather than as a geniune goodbye. Sorry spitfire thats just experience talking

I have no regrets, about speaking with abit of spite towards someone who has caused me grief, as for my goodbye post, i ment it, and as soon as these threads die down, i will be gone.. forever, i cant really make that promise as situations change, but it will definetly be for quite some time.

Quote:
Sorry but I must have been mistaken, I didn't think this forum and others like it were the place for venom and spite, creative or not. What was said could easily have been said in a manner less offensive and nasty.

Since you do not know the events which took place, you are not a worthy judge, only myself and linn can do that.

Quote:
I probably would have read it too, which reflects poorly on me. But this forum is not the place for it, or rather any forum except the off-topic forum is not the place for it.

People argue, because people they have different opinions, it's unavoidable.. and whats the point of living if your going to be a robot.

IP Logged

deanna

Reply #14 - May 15th, 2006 at 5:34pm

Spitfire come back your stronger than that love deanna

deanna

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.