Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Send Topic Print
spitfire has been treated unfairly (Read 35402 times)
Spitfire
Ex Member

Re: spitfire has been treated unfairly
Reply #15 - May 15th, 2006 at 5:57pm

Quote:
Spitfire come back your stronger than that love deanna

Not a question of strength mate, i could argue till the cows come home. But at the end of the day, this is bruce's forum, and it's up to him how he runs it, i am thinking of starting my own forum though, so keep in touch with me via Email, [Yorkshirepuddin@gmail.com] and i'll make sure you get an invite.

IP Logged

AH1976

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Midlands, UK
Reply #16 - May 15th, 2006 at 7:27pm

Quote:
I have no regrets, about speaking with abit of spite towards someone who has caused me grief, as for my goodbye post, i ment it, and as soon as these threads die down, i will be gone.. forever, i cant really make that promise as situations change, but it will definetly be for quite some time.

Half the time people do intend to leave, the biggest mistake they make is sticking round to see whats said, but i've seen worse. i've seen people fake their own death online.

Quote:
Since you do not know the events which took place, you are not a worthy judge, only myself and linn can do that.

My comment was more concerning the comments place on the forum not the comments themselves or the incidents surrounding them.

Quote:
People argue, because people they have different opinions, it's unavoidable.. and whats the point of living if your going to be a robot.

People do argue, I see it all the time, most of the time its stupid, petty and plain boring, which is why I prefer debate and to stick more to the middle rather than one side or another. Personally I prefer debate to argument, argument is pointless since it always ends up going round and round in circles.

TBH I think what I would have preferred to see from the original post would have been a more constructive and useful assesment of Linn's medium abilities rather than the verbal assasination, given the topic of the post it would have been more useful to the original poster as well.

IP Logged

Elysiumfire
Ex Member

Reply #17 - May 15th, 2006 at 8:14pm

Hey Spitfire,

Hi from a honorary 'Dingle' (ie, originally from Colne, grew up in Burnley, living in Blackburn. Huh! 'Owd tha' 'appen?).

A ses tha Yorkshire mettle as thee in't tarpits.

My comments are not reflecting upon the spat between yourself and Linn, I am not fully conversant with what has occurred, thus it is merely a whiff only.

My thinking rests upon how you feel in yourself? How you perceive your responses and the result you gained from them? No, I am not thinking in terms of guiltiness, more perhaps, of ruefulness. Very few people have spats with others and gain good feelings from them. If allowed,  these things can rumble on like a belly-ache, serving no other purpose than to signify that something is awry, amiss, and even though one may feel as being the offended party, is it correct to respond with a negativity equal to the original offence?

From reading a few of your posts, you come across as having a more mature intelligence that belies your youth. This is not patronism, merely observation. As Shakespear wrote: "..to itself, youth rebels..", doubly so when it comes attended by such intelligence I see in you. It is the weakest link in your chain of strength. It was also Hamlet's downfall.

Tho' through the thin veneer of confidence you peer, enobled of mind, you lack the wisdom now that you will surely attain later in life. Such legacy is yours, for you will bounce from spat to spat exercising the quickness of your brain, and the cramp inside will rumble on and on.

Jesus said: "..he that hath ears, let him hear..."; it seems fortuitous that I can echo the sentiment to you. Either wisdom, or a search on the internet, may provide you with a meaning for the application of the biblical being's adjuration. Let wisdom's conscience be your guide.

Best wishes owd lad!

IP Logged

Spitfire
Ex Member

Reply #18 - May 16th, 2006 at 2:59am

Quote:
Half the time people do intend to leave, the biggest mistake they make is sticking round to see whats said, but i've seen worse. i've seen people fake their own death online.

I feel i owe it to those, who i respect to reply to them, it's the only reason im sticking around on these last few threads and not departing now.

Quote:
People do argue, I see it all the time, most of the time its stupid, petty and plain boring, which is why I prefer debate and to stick more to the middle rather than one side or another. Personally I prefer debate to argument, argument is pointless since it always ends up going round and round in circles.

TBH I think what I would have preferred to see from the original post would have been a more constructive and useful assesment of Linn's medium abilities rather than the verbal assasination, given the topic of the post it would have been more useful to the original poster as well.

I did state useful facts in my post, such things as - the type of bunce i got was 'are you having problems with a female member of the family' etc.

IP Logged

Spitfire
Ex Member

Reply #19 - May 16th, 2006 at 3:27am

Quote:
Hey Spitfire,

Hi from a honorary 'Dingle' (ie, originally from Colne, grew up in Burnley, living in Blackburn. Huh! 'Owd tha' 'appen?).

A ses tha Yorkshire mettle as thee in't tarpits.

My comments are not reflecting upon the spat between yourself and Linn, I am not fully conversant with what has occurred, thus it is merely a whiff only.

My thinking rests upon how you feel in yourself? How you perceive your responses and the result you gained from them? No, I am not thinking in terms of guiltiness, more perhaps, of ruefulness. Very few people have spats with others and gain good feelings from them. If allowed,  these things can rumble on like a belly-ache, serving no other purpose than to signify that something is awry, amiss, and even though one may feel as being the offended party, is it correct to respond with a negativity equal to the original offence?

From reading a few of your posts, you come across as having a more mature intelligence that belies your youth. This is not patronism, merely observation. As Shakespear wrote: "..to itself, youth rebels..", doubly so when it comes attended by such intelligence I see in you. It is the weakest link in your chain of strength. It was also Hamlet's downfall.

Tho' through the thin veneer of confidence you peer, enobled of mind, you lack the wisdom now that you will surely attain later in life. Such legacy is yours, for you will bounce from spat to spat exercising the quickness of your brain, and the cramp inside will rumble on and on.

Jesus said: "..he that hath ears, let him hear..."; it seems fortuitous that I can echo the sentiment to you. Either wisdom, or a search on the internet, may provide you with a meaning for the application of the biblical being's adjuration. Let wisdom's conscience be your guide.

Best wishes owd lad!

It cannie be another child of tha dales?.

I feel good, arguments etc, negative feelings, resentment, all have a golden centre - called pride.. knowing that you have defended what you believe in, no matter the cost - this type of feeling lasts a lifetime and can be recalled with a mere thought. Your are correct, i believe it's justice to respond with equal negativity, if karma exists.. why not dish it out yourself?

You are correct, i could appear rebelious... i can look back 5 years ago, and find some of my own ideas strange.. and ask myself why i did certain things, i think this is just the game of life, to focus back on our actions.. and hopefully learn from them. I hope i never loose the conviction to defend what i believe though.. i would rather be dead, for if we cannot defend our values.. then what does it say about a person, except that they are merely spitting ideas at others, without leading by example.. which in turn makes a persons values worthless.

Cheers.

IP Logged

ParanoidAndroid

Reply #20 - May 16th, 2006 at 8:44am

oh, yeah..how one we are and how glorious it feels.
i personally decided i definitely prefer the venom of a snake to the venom of a flower and i think it is worse to present people venomous flowers than to sleep with snakes..i really can be with chumley and fight all day if necessary Smiley than to be in the mercy of....some.

IP Logged

Rob_Roy

New Hampshire, USA
Reply #21 - May 16th, 2006 at 12:47pm

"As to why he was "singled out", I will not presume to speak for Bruce or any of the Peer Moderators.  My guess is that these messages received sufficient Peer Moderator Input for Bruce to make the decision to delete them and the other messages did not.  So, if you feel there are messages that violate the posting guidelines that were neglected, you can use Peer Moderator Input.  Messages may or may not be moved or deleted, but at least you've used the tool provided for this purpose."

The singling out was not done by objective moderators but by peers exercising their bias.

Back in the 1830's, a young but very insightful Frenchman named Alexis de Tocqueville pointed out one glaring weakness of democracy in his classical work, Democracy in America. That weakness is Tyranny of the Majority. It seems that some people who think of themselves as intelligent and fair-minded have yet to grasp this most elementary of concepts.

We need OBJECTIVE moderators like well run message boards have, not simply peers who whine and complain because they have a viseral dislike for someone and/or his views and use the rules of the board to rationalize their bias.

If Bruce et al. are unable to moderate fully, appropriate people should be appointed.

Although belonging to a belief system, the following message board is an excellent example of a well-run, well-moderated board:

http://www.byzcath.org/cgibin/ultimatebb.cgi

That board as been well run since its inception in 1996. Note the right-hand column. Note that each thread has moderators and that these are people of standing among the participants. Members are free to complain to moderators, yet it isn't a popularity contest. We have as good or better people on this board who could do equally well or better.

For a board to run well, it needs to be well moderated.

Rob

IP Logged

DocM

Reply #22 - May 16th, 2006 at 1:05pm

Rob,

That is a good point, but I fear you are wasting your breath.  Allan has already stated earlier that since this is a private commercial site, the participants, even such as you and I who contribute actively to the threads and try to help others on the board are "owed nothing," by the moderators or Bruce.

Although we consider this a community, statements like the above, though legally true, serve us notice about the nature of things here.  I see myself as being quite capable of moderating in an unbiased way.  I know that I would publically chime in on the thread, ask that offensive comments be removed, fire a warning shot as it were, and let all see it as it came.  If my input out in the open were ignored, then I would make my cuts, and put up a post explaining briefly what happened.  That is me.  I also would be the first to admit if my judgement were incorrect.

I don't think that we will have much of an impact on this issue with Allan.  I would like to find a similar website to explore consciousness and the afterlife on, though I would miss some of the participants here. 

For now, things continue on, and Ryanparis' thread denigrating women has been left, untouched, in this off topic forum, while Spitfire's "goodbye chaps," thread was deleted by Allan.  Go figure.

Matthew

IP Logged

Rob_Roy

New Hampshire, USA
Reply #23 - May 16th, 2006 at 1:10pm

Doc,

I agree, you would make an excellent moderator. And I agree also with everything else you said.

Rob

IP Logged

juditha
Ex Member

Reply #24 - May 16th, 2006 at 1:15pm

Hi Rob Roy AND DocM Iagree with everything you have both written Love and god bless juditha

IP Logged

gretchen

Ohio
Reply #25 - May 16th, 2006 at 2:40pm

http://www.seekerscircle.com

There ya go guys, a place where you can speak about anything without fear. Grin

IP Logged

Spitfire
Ex Member

Reply #26 - May 16th, 2006 at 2:44pm

Or check out the forums i just created.
http://s3.phpbbforfree.com/forums/index.php?mforum=spitfirev2

IP Logged

Touching Souls

LOVE IS ALL, SHINE YOUR
LIGHT THAT OTHERS MAY
SEE

Metaline Falls, WA
Reply #27 - May 16th, 2006 at 3:19pm

This is very good Craig. I went there and bookmarked it. Guidance is telling me YES, this is indeed good for Craig.

With Love,
Mairlyn

I AM THAT I AM -- WE ARE ALL ONE -- TOUCHING SOULS
Wink
WWW minniecricket2000  
IP Logged

Elysiumfire
Ex Member

Reply #28 - May 16th, 2006 at 5:35pm

Hi All,

I have to disagree. Not with the comments, but with the reaction, perhaps fuelled further by Allen's self-justifying comments.

There does seem to be a little hypocrisy evident. If a post denigrating women is allowed, but one that retorts a critical overview of a person's mediumistic calibre is denied public access by an act of censure, one may feel vindicated in crying 'foul'.

What makes a good forum is 'moderation' by a 'moderator'. That is, a person is charged with the responsibility of applying a consistent balance of judgement and fairness, but above all, a wisdom that perceives the effects of their judgement before the judgement is made. A moderator's decision does not affect whom they moderate against, alone, it affects all members.
It is impossible for a moderator, by the very nature of their responsibility, to single out a individual for exceptional attention. When they advise a individual for some transgression, we all take note as if we ourselves, were that individual. The advice (or warning) pertains to everyone at the same time; and by that knowledge, each member (the moderator hopes) regulates themself to act in accordance to the terms and conditions at the 'sign-up'.

However, going off the 'tyrranny of the majority's' comments appearing on this thread, it does seem that the moderator in question has acted unfairly, even though they thought they were acting within the terms of his/her remit. He /she has failed in consistency. Therein lies the imbalance. The application of censure stands out as 'exceptional', and is a grave error of judgement. This is not to suggest that Spitfire was treated exceptionally, but that the moderator has acted exceptionally; and that is beyond the terms of their remit. What is the way forward?

Compromise! The parties involved all played their part. Acknowledgement of this helps the 'hand of friendship' to bridge the gap of indignance and pride. To err is to be human. To forgive, is to be really humane. Not simply towards others, but more importantly, to oneself.

Regards All

IP Logged

deanna

Reply #29 - May 16th, 2006 at 5:43pm

spitfire i will keep in touch love deanna

deanna

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.