Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7
Send Topic Print
A Bruce Moen BookClub (Read 97760 times)
LaffingRain

Choose this Day

Arizona
Re: A Bruce Moen BookClub
Reply #30 - May 10th, 2006 at 1:23am

in regards to priming the pump I have done that sometimes, but my favorite way of exploring I got from Bruce's books has to do with the phrase "to play along."  when doubts say, u are being silly, u are wasting time, you should go do some work...these are doubts and I would remember that I was "playing along."

it is very easy if u are a person who likes to have fun anyway, that "playing" can mean that literally you allow yourself to enjoy it.

if I were to say how I have changed since 2001, this is interesting that I know of several others who began spiritual journeys from around 1999 to 2001.

there are too many changes to really list here, but one I really really enjoy is meeting strangers in the street or stores as I've turned into an extrovert to enjoy people. I think I have greater self confidence than I ever did in my whole life simply because this is my chosen path and of course PE and retrievals had a lot to do with it.
love, alysia

... Who takes away death's sting deprives life of bitterness
WWW http://www.facebook.com/LaughingRain2  
IP Logged

betson

Afterlife Knowledge Member

SE USA
Reply #31 - May 10th, 2006 at 7:37am

So, putting together alysia's and spooky's responses, would you say we would be true to the book's guidance if we imagined our own settings (or let our own wettings develop),  as long as they cover the possible uses of Bruce's, and then 'go there' in a playful mood, ready for whatever encounters develop?
bets

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
Shakespeare

IP Logged

Touching Souls

LOVE IS ALL, SHINE YOUR
LIGHT THAT OTHERS MAY
SEE

Metaline Falls, WA
Reply #32 - May 10th, 2006 at 2:34pm

Quote:
Have you spent some time exploring various aspects /levels or are you relying on Bruce Moen's experience ? IYO, what does one gain by exploring the afterlife with no intent of making contact? 

I've spent 5 years exploring various aspects/levels. IMHO, what one gains from exploring the afterlife with no intent of making contact, expands my mind/consciousness/everything about me. Discovering for oneself that there are many realms is so exciting. Wink

Quote:
Physical changes to a person's own system occur in order to accommodate changed perceptions and experiences. Bruce tells some of his, but how much change are you pioneers willing to accommodate? Is it an on-going process for you (how many years?) ?

It is an on-going process and I know it will continue. Five years as stated above. I, as an explorer, am willing to accommodate any and all changes and looking forward to more. Wink

Quote:
Individuality comes up in this section of Bruce's writing; Spooky and others have described elsewhere in these forums their perceptions of how one individual merges with a Greater Self---do you have another way of describing this 'phenomenon' ?

To me, no words can describe it.  Shocked Except that maybe it fulfills an inner knowing and makes one feel more complete. Wink

Love, Mairlyn Wink

I AM THAT I AM -- WE ARE ALL ONE -- TOUCHING SOULS
Wink
WWW minniecricket2000  
IP Logged

Touching Souls

LOVE IS ALL, SHINE YOUR
LIGHT THAT OTHERS MAY
SEE

Metaline Falls, WA
Reply #33 - May 10th, 2006 at 2:48pm

Quote:
So, putting together alysia's and spooky's responses, would you say we would be true to the book's guidance if we imagined our own settings (or let our own wettings develop),  as long as they cover the possible uses of Bruce's, and then 'go there' in a playful mood, ready for whatever encounters develop?
bets

Yes. Wink  I never had to imagine anything as it always unfolded before me/with me. However, at one of the TMI programs, we were to go to Focus 27 and visit the place where souls (curls) were lined up to leave for earth lives.  I had a strong visual in my head from reading Bruce's books. When I got there, what I saw was exactly the same visual that I got from reading the book and realized that I was 'having Bruce's experience' and not mine. I got so frustrated that I screamed out NO, I want my own experience. Well, the scene disappeared and nothing happened. I had so been looking forward to this, seeing for myself and it really irritated me that I was not seeing it for myself.

So, over time I've thought about this a lot and wondered if I should have used imagination. I had no idea that my altered state (hemi-sync) would show me Bruce's experience.  Then I got to wondering if maybe that was the 'true' experience and I had screwed it up by yelling NO.  I never have gone back to see if I'd have a different experience. Maybe I should. ??? Wink

Love, Mairlyn Wink

Wink
WWW minniecricket2000  
IP Logged

LaughingRain
Ex Member

Reply #34 - May 10th, 2006 at 5:21pm

thats really interesting Mair. I do wish you'd go back and see if there's more to that image than was first revealed.

your story reminds me of something that happened to my mother. forgive me if I repeat myself. mother sat in an auditorium where all had come to be healed of infirmity by spirit. the heat of spirit came to her varicose veined legs. all her life she had lifted heavy items and so had these veins. as she realized she was being healed she shouted NO! Not me! heal my mother (my grandmother) immediately said spirit, as you wish, so shall it be. the heat stopped, the veins remained as they were. my grandmother did not receive a healing either, so my mother realized she had shut down what was happening through choice. I think what I learned from mother that day, is its ok to be selfish, as theres enough healing for everybody and maybe Nanny wasn't ready for it, as only a percentage received healing anyway.
Betson and all,
yes, imagining your own "place" is one of the first things we are supposed to do, as it is to me, a sort of preparation, a place to start out from.
I also like to imagine the library from time to time, and theres a park next to it with stone benches. it's whatever you like to imagine, a lot of people are drawn to beach places...it's whatever can get you into a relaxed place, then the scenery may change.
I considered the imagination to be a back door into the subconscious. the front door is logic or expectation, kind of like eating leftovers..lol...the back door is a smorgasboard of fine eating.

cheers, alysia

IP Logged

Cosmic_Ambitions

Reply #35 - May 10th, 2006 at 5:52pm

Nice post Chuckles! Smiley

I like your ideas about imagination... (and it's "not" just because they match up with mine!) LOL! Wink

What I'm about to write is a little off topic from the thoughts that have been building up (so please forgive me beforehand), but I felt I'd share it anyway, beings it's related to Bruce's books... and this is the "Bruce Moen BookClub" thread, so here goes:

I remember reading in one of Bruce's books about a focus level on the other side that included an area which is dedicated to creating ideas, and new "devices" to be incorporated/assimilated from spiritual to physical. (i.e. it's some kind of "events/timeline" coordinating area... At any rate, I remember reading that he was "experimenting" with this "apparatus" and that there was something involving the design/refabrication of the scalpel which doctors use. It's like the "machine" would take the existing design of something, and run in through a myriad testing/trial and error until the appropriate design came up which satisfied all of the fundamental; most essential; most useful "tweakings" of this design to get it to function at its most absolute "best" levels possible.

Here's where it gets weird... I was just reading in a Popular Science magazine that some computer scientist has created this "super" computer which is like a bunch of smaller computers linked together to give some unbelievable output/calcuations/algorithms... He designed this "super" computer to serve one purpose... It's job was to calculate the best possible design for any given object. In fact, he just ran the design for the antenna through it, and came up with this awkward twisted design which actually picks up the most frequencies through the air... It is FAR better than the previous design. This "super" computer that he uses works in exactly the same way as the "apparatus" that Bruce so vividly described in one of his books that he had encountered whilst OOB.

It gets me wondering that maybe in the event/timeline coordinating area that Bruce had visited... Maybe the idea for this "machine" was placed into this guy's consciousness so that he could bring it to physical fruition...

Any thoughts?

PUL,
Cosmic_Ambitions

Would there be this eternal seeking if the found existed?~Antonio Porchia&&Before enlightenment-chop wood, carry water.  After enlightenment-chop wood, carry water.~Zen Buddhist Proverb&&And remember, no matter where you go, there you are.~Confucius

IP Logged

Touching Souls

LOVE IS ALL, SHINE YOUR
LIGHT THAT OTHERS MAY
SEE

Metaline Falls, WA
Reply #36 - May 10th, 2006 at 6:09pm

Quote:
It gets me wondering that maybe in the event/timeline coordinating area that Bruce had visited... Maybe the idea for this "machine" was placed into this guy's consciousness so that he could bring it to physical fruition...

I'm sure it was as all things physical start out as an idea over there. This is why, or so I have read, several people will invent the same thing at about the same time.

Love, Mairlyn Wink

Wink
WWW minniecricket2000  
IP Logged

spooky2

Reply #37 - May 10th, 2006 at 6:34pm

>>>So, putting together alysia's and spooky's responses, would you say we would be true to the book's guidance if we imagined our own settings (or let our own wettings develop),  as long as they cover the possible uses of Bruce's, and then 'go there' in a playful mood, ready for whatever encounters develop? 
bets <<<

RAMs and Bruce's books offered to me new perspectives, I thought of things I never have thought of before. But as they do this, they also are a frame. A framework of thoughts can narrow, and it can provide paths to the previously unknown which weren't there without those pioneers. So what I did was to explore within the framework I had from RAM, Bruce and the TMI and fill it with my own personal experiences. More and more I noticed I went to places that doesn't exist on the maps others had drawn, so I have begun to develop my own framework.

What Mairlyn told of can be a source of doubts. Once you notice you have experienced what you've read elsewhere you of course question about the genuity of it. On the other hand, we know both, the general lazyness of human minds (or do I speak only for myself here?!), and the effectivity which can go along with this lazyness, this is to take something which is already there and use it as an environment to get your own experiences. This includes sometimes we can realize the impressive things, such as a nice certain landscape, or to see spirits in certain details, like maybe others have reported it already, are frequently not the main things for us to look at, but the tiny, subtle, new ones. So, to look at differences to your own experience and what you have become known from elsewhere would be the appropriate to do, and, like Bruce says, to look at the unexpected details.

Spooky

"I'm going where the pavement turns to sand"&&Neil Young, "Thrasher"

IP Logged

spooky2

Reply #38 - May 10th, 2006 at 6:56pm

Hi again,
regarding Cosmic Ambitions' question I would say the same as Mairlyn. If you believe we share a common consciousness then it would be conclusive to say someone picked something up from this consciousness pool.
There is this new type of technical planning and development, Computer Aided Construction, and a part of it is the virtual optimation. In former times it was "unscientific" to develop with the "trial and error" method. Ther had to be the full set of formulas and then we had to calculate and get the best solution. It turned out some problems are just too complex for this method, and even worse, it came into view for some problems we just don't have a full set of formulas, but now we do have computers, and the old "trial and error" method came back, now with billions of iterated steps of trials. So, Bruce is an engineer, and has the mind to understand those things, so he was able to get those thoughts in a meditation. If these thoughts "are" somewhere already, or if they must be thought to be, who knows? It's maybe like the wind, where is it when it's not blowing?

Spooky

"I'm going where the pavement turns to sand"&&Neil Young, "Thrasher"

IP Logged

Cosmic_Ambitions

Reply #39 - May 10th, 2006 at 8:50pm

Thanks spooky & Marilyn, I liked your ideas! They make a lot of sense!

PUL,
Cosmic_Ambitions

Would there be this eternal seeking if the found existed?~Antonio Porchia&&Before enlightenment-chop wood, carry water.  After enlightenment-chop wood, carry water.~Zen Buddhist Proverb&&And remember, no matter where you go, there you are.~Confucius

IP Logged

LaffingRain

Choose this Day

Arizona
Reply #40 - May 11th, 2006 at 12:49am

in the interest of keeping this thread going, Betson mentions merging with higher self and what our thoughts would be on that. I don't believe Bruce uses the term higher self anywhere in his books, or does he?
he does mention PE experiences and having a creature to show him the ropes..which to me is like shaman stories....I totally endorse it. expecially after going out there and becoming a duck and a dog once...lol....nobody needs to prove anything to me..
plus my sister entered the body of a crow once.after she died..mother was ignoring her spirit visitations you see....she had to resort to drastic measures...sorry if u guys are sick of my stories just tell me. Kiss  Betson, higher self. be careful not to form a separation in your mind between your higher self and your C1. we automatically do this. we see the word "higher" to mean above us. therefore unreachable. we actually see the image in our minds of sky and clouds and planets and space. and thats just a movie. your higher self is much more with you and aware of every little thing you think about then we can understand. but its not higher in terms of linear space. HS may vibrate faster...it may not have any belief systems to lug around, but its right where you are whenever you feel love and even when you don't feel anything.
love, alysia

... Who takes away death's sting deprives life of bitterness
WWW http://www.facebook.com/LaughingRain2  
IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Colorado
Reply #41 - May 11th, 2006 at 12:44pm

Alysia, no don't stop telling your stories.  You give us gems of insight.  Smiley

About your mother's veins--maybe she wasn't ready for healing?  There is something to be learned from each experience.  We can look at her experience and learn from it--like you said, it is not selfish to receive healing because there is plenty to go around.  But she must have needed to learn how to ask/accept healing which she wasn't able to do at the time.  

There is a lot I want to respond to on this thread...have to figure out how to sort what I want to say here.

Ok, between Mairlyn's answers and Spooky's and Alysia's, I think what I'm realizing is that it is OK and very necessary to allow ourselves to use and to trust a framework of experience that has been previously set by another's imagination, for example when Mairlyn said she got the same vision of Bruce's experience.  Perhaps, Mairlyn, you received it that way as a starting point, and maybe if you had trusted it and ran with it more could have unfolded for you?  (I don't want to make you feel like you failed, not trying to do that by any means.  I'm just trying to learn from this).  Ok, so that fits with "priming the pump" and with "playing along".  I too love both these concepts and I find they apply everywhere.  

I have had visits by spirits in the dream state and I find that they have to "play along" with what I'm dreaming so that they fit in with my experience.  And then when and if I recognize them for what they are, my experience and perception changes and I gain more than I thought possible.  The dream, I realize, becomes more than just a dream.

We also learn how to play along during retrievals, so that we are helping the individual see and accept us and their situation.  It makes me think we are blind to what is truely around us unless/until we experience something that opens our eyes and makes us aware, but we have to be the ones willing to see.  

My husband always tells me I'm a control freak, and it's true but not in a bad way.  I don't control others but I like to be in control of myself and what happens to me.  I hate surprises and I hate not knowing what to expect, even on a normal every-day basis.  I think that is why even as a young child I became so very good at using my imagination.  I always had to make up in my mind all the possibilities of what might happen or what could happen in any given situation.  In that way, I could be prepared for how to react or how to feel, what to say, etc.  I still do this even now as an adult, it is habit I guess.  I was very psychic as a child, always knowing what would happen next and always feeling guilty when something bad happened, like I created it myself.  I wonder if psychic ability is what caused me to become this obscessive day dreamer.  I think that I used my imagination to plan things so I could be in control, at least in my fantasies.  I've always been a fantasizer and daydreamer, always making up situations and stories in my mind.  I'm sure I'm not the only one who does this, it's just that I do this a lot.  I always wonder what kinds of unconscious intentions am I setting?  Could I be creating things that get experienced by others?  How does this affect those Consciousness Workers out there?  Do I drive them bananas?

Some of you may remember several months ago on a PE thread I mentioned I had tried very hard to do a visit to the crystal by using my imagination and priming the pump so to speak.  I made up in my mind what TMI looked like, made up what it was like to look at the crystal, and made up in my mind that Bruce would join me and guide me along.  Suddenly I see him in my mind, he shows up beside me, holds my hand and says "thanks for inviting me, it's nice to be here".  In my mind, in my imagination, I turned to look up at him (as he's so much taller than me) and I was shocked because I know at that point that I was not in control of making this up anymore.  I see him in my mind.  Then Bruce playfully says, "Ok, you jump first!"  And at that point I think to myself that I didn't plan on having him say that (in my imagination, as I thought I should still be in control of this), and then I thought that I don't even know what he said means.  It is because I didn't trust this new situation and play along with it that it ended abruptly right then and there, and I came back to physical reality.  I wish I had trusted and went with it and I could have had fun and learned something.  But my "control freak" nature, as my husband puts it, made me cancel out this whole process I had so easily set up.

It makes me realize that it is very easy to use our imaginations.  We have the ability to do this, to make so many things possible.  

Author of Persephone's Journey (Amazon.com)

http://www.vickyshort.blogspot.com/
WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

Touching Souls

LOVE IS ALL, SHINE YOUR
LIGHT THAT OTHERS MAY
SEE

Metaline Falls, WA
Reply #42 - May 11th, 2006 at 2:12pm

Quote:
Perhaps, Mairlyn, you received it that way as a starting point, and maybe if you had trusted it and ran with it more could have unfolded for you? 

Yes, I agree.  There was another thing that we were going to experience after getting there and that was to have a 'meeting' with our guides that helped each of us decide where to incarnate and what we planned to achieve/experience in this life.

This mainly was the reason why I was so excited about this journey and I believe was what was behind my frustration at seeing Bruce's vision and not my own. I should have gone along with it.  At that time, I didn't know that my husband and I had chosen this life together. All I wanted to do was find out why I had chosen to be with an abusive man.

Love, Mairlyn Wink

Wink
WWW minniecricket2000  
IP Logged

Touching Souls

LOVE IS ALL, SHINE YOUR
LIGHT THAT OTHERS MAY
SEE

Metaline Falls, WA
Reply #43 - May 11th, 2006 at 2:19pm

I should add that I have since found out why I chose this life with him. I should have left him. My learning in this life with him was to bring in my feminine self, my divine feminine which I am still working on.

Love, Mairlyn Wink

Wink
WWW minniecricket2000  
IP Logged

LaughingRain
Ex Member

Reply #44 - May 11th, 2006 at 11:47pm

hi Vicky, I can't imagine you driving anyone bananas or being a control freak. maybe you're a neat freak; everything in its place and tidy, thats not the same as being a control freak. my family who has an entirely different view on life than I called me a control freak. not! lol. just because I wanted my niece to go to school and not get pg at 13, suddenly its convenient to label the aunt a control freak.
not to get off topic, its so easy.  Imagination. remember it starts off with image. then it can turn into the collective image area. images we all share and understand. each image tells a whole story. like a picture has a thousand words around it. the theory is our higher self knows everything, we just have to access it or open up to it. i think Bruce would say "jump." he did a lot of jumping in his books is the reason you saw something which was a true message for you. and you blinking out is normal, as maybe you couldn't believe you were actually doing a PE and it was working. alot of us blink in and out while doing this... its like we are flickering lightbulbs...lol....now I'm there, now I'm not...where did it go? I know I just saw something dance by....
hey Betson...get us back on topic...I'm running out of ideas....love, alysia

oh, mom thought she was being loving to nanny, or maybe she was being, trying to control spirit? sometimes we think the highest love is to sacrifice ourselves on its alter...whatever it is she learned something valuable or she wouldn't have repeated the story as much as she did. she also had a stubborn streak in her which maybe that prevented her to accept healing. when u get a healing from spirit it makes you feel like you didn't earn it..my mom was the kind of person felt she had to work hard for everything, and healing is humbling experience ..guess she never was humble about anything...hmm. my nanny works her over good though! they have a neat relationship.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.