Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 7
Send Topic Print
A Bruce Moen BookClub (Read 97767 times)
betson

Afterlife Knowledge Member

SE USA
A Bruce Moen BookClub
May 4th, 2006 at 3:27pm

Greetings,
Would any of you who have read Bruce's books like to discuss various parts of them, sort of like a book club?
We would still be adding our own experience and questions , like "After you tried ----&---- from Bk 2 ,  what was the first experience you had from it?" But we'd not have to convince anyone of anything, it would just be sharing our individual take on various parts---?

Also, or more importantly, has this been tried before and did it work?

If we do it,  shall we start at the beginning or with a later book?

Bookie bets

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
Shakespeare

IP Logged

Touching Souls

LOVE IS ALL, SHINE YOUR
LIGHT THAT OTHERS MAY
SEE

Metaline Falls, WA
Re: A Bruce Moen BookClub
Reply #1 - May 4th, 2006 at 9:55pm

I think it's a great idea. Bets and I have been talking (pming on this for awhile). Right now I'm at a disadvantage because even though I've read Bruce's first 3 books 6 times each, I don't have them anymore as I lent them out and never got them back. I'll be getting ahold of some again, used if possible. Anyway, it will be hard for me to discuss chapter by chapter until I get some more. I do remember a LOT though. LOL  I'll never forget how his first book made me feel. I had no idea this was possible or needed (retrievals). I was so hooked that I knew I had to go to The Monroe Institute. Of course it was my guidance that behind all this. Wink

Anyway, lets get the ball rolling. Wink Wink Wink

With Love,
Mairlyn Wink

I AM THAT I AM -- WE ARE ALL ONE -- TOUCHING SOULS
Wink
WWW minniecricket2000  
IP Logged

LaughingRain
Ex Member

Reply #2 - May 4th, 2006 at 10:41pm

yes, good topic and very ON TOPIC I might add! Grin

well before we get started Mairlyn reminded me of how I felt when I first came here 2001. so I'll share a little.  frankly I was looking for a home base, as I'd just been kicked off ACIM forum. long story. sometimes getting kicked out of places is really a good thing! haha!

I read Monroe before reading Bruce and had a spontaneous retrieval experience back in the 80's. I had mostly forgotten all about it. it had had a profound effect on me at the time though, to think about spiritual paths. also it was because Monroe wrote his book that I'd had that first retrieval under my belt.
so as I was saying I'd been flogged by the ACIM administrator, and he's supposed to be a forgiving person. ok. I think I was just surfing the internet and TMI has a website. I think I ended up there browsing and that's how I found AKC.
not thru yet. still hadn't read his books but was in for a treat. I was roped in by the story of Curiosity, as coming directly from ACIM, I was lacking that kind of explanation, which satisfied me and made sense, like we are all one kind of sense. ACIM only reprograms the mind to get that sucker more open and searching. It then ends up with "God will take the final step." so there I was hanging out in the universe wondering what the final step was. actually, I don't even care what the final step is anymore...lol...but part of that final step was to wind up here. so then I almost fell out of my chair that Bruce had ACIM listed as one of the books recommended reading, and if he had not have listed the book, I might have been tempted to seek out another ACIM forum as I was deeply entrenched only in this path. I saw TMI and ACIM did not have to necessarily be two different paths.
so then I started reading the posts here and the discussion was about retrievals which jogged my memory of that 80's retrieval. I soon started devouring Bruce's books, which was like a delightful walk in the park for me, as if you've ever studied ACIM where u are constantly reprogramming yourself, you'd know what I mean. his books were understandable, honest, he wasn't hyping anything, he just told his story and as a writer I try to keep his style in mind for my book. as well, he talks of belief systems the same as ACIM.

so, trying to be brief.. Grin   I asked Bruce about my retrieval. he gave some advice that I could return to the scene and get my own answers that way and sure enough as I returned to the scene I suddenly began to understand what retrievals are, and how we are each other's saviors when we do this, in PUL, and are able to understand that forgiving is very important part of a spiritual journey.
if Bruce had not handed out a response to me at all, I probably would have started surfing for another home; it was the idea that he cared enough to respond to us, that inspired me to stay here and see if I could add my energy here as well. and here we all are, still trucking along...lol.....I just wanted to say, I am going back into the music field and may not be here as much as I would be otherwise. but its not because I don't care about this place. I do. each person seems like they came straight out of heaven to me.

IP Logged

Joshua
Ex Member

Reply #3 - May 4th, 2006 at 11:33pm

Sure sounds great! count me in Smiley

IP Logged

paradox
Ex Member

Reply #4 - May 5th, 2006 at 8:16am

Sounds like a good idea for those interested.

I was wondering if this has been presented to Bruce? Should another forum be added for this book club?

Peace

Paradox

IP Logged

betson

SE USA
Reply #5 - May 5th, 2006 at 10:24am

Let's see how it goes---

Re: VOYAGES INTO THE UNKNOWN, Bk I  1997

Bruce reports earlier visons of The Disk and Rods, then a visit to the Monroe Center where he is encouraged to think in images.---pp.1--50:

What do you recall were your reactions to his early visual experiences?
How long did it take after reading his accounts for you to have similiar experiences?
Do you think Bruce's imagery of a 'cable' and 'disk'  relate to his training in engineering and that a musician or chef might have seen other images with the same intent?

Choose any or all of the above or book I up to page 50 to comment upon....

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
Shakespeare

IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Colorado
Reply #6 - May 5th, 2006 at 10:45am

I think this is a fun idea.  I have to admit, I've been tempted to start threads like this but never felt it would get picked up.  I think I've tried but no one responds.  Glad we have a group who is intereted now.   Smiley

Spooky,
"A Bruce Moen CookBook" HAHAHA  That was funny.   I've had Bruce's spaghetti which was quite delicious! 

Betson, I will have to join in the comments later today, have to go to the dentist right now.   Sad

Have fun guys. 

Vicky

Author of Persephone's Journey (Amazon.com)

http://www.vickyshort.blogspot.com/
WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

Touching Souls

LOVE IS ALL, SHINE YOUR
LIGHT THAT OTHERS MAY
SEE

Metaline Falls, WA
Reply #7 - May 5th, 2006 at 12:32pm

Paradox wrote:
Quote:
Sounds like a good idea for those interested.

I was wondering if this has been presented to Bruce? Should another forum be added for this book club?

Peace

Paradox

Yes Paradox. I wrote to Bruce via email February 25 but didn't get an answer. Betson just wrote to him and he did respond that he's in Poland now for a few weeks but would take it into consideration (or words to that effect) when he gets back.

Betson and I had considered a locked forum to keep the 'naysayers' out, you know, the ones who argue and require proof for everything and who would get the threads way off track. However, we don't know if it's possible or feasible.

I'm very happy to see that there is interest in this and am really looking forward to see how this develops.

Love to ALL,
Mairlyn Wink

Wink
WWW minniecricket2000  
IP Logged

Touching Souls

LOVE IS ALL, SHINE YOUR
LIGHT THAT OTHERS MAY
SEE

Metaline Falls, WA
Reply #8 - May 5th, 2006 at 12:46pm

Betson said:
Quote:
How long did it take after reading his accounts for you to have similiar experiences?
Do you think Bruce's imagery of a 'cable' and 'disk'  relate to his training in engineering and that a musician or chef might have seen other images with the same intent?

I recall that my reactions were of awe. Pure and simple. I thought that in order to see anything like Bruce had seen, that I had to go to TMI. I couldn't afford it right then, so I sent for the first 3 Waves of the home version of Gateway, the Gateway Experience. I worked and worked with those tapes everyday but I didn't get visuals but I did get messages and answers to questions. It wasn't until I actually went to TMI and took Gateway Voyage that the visuals came easily with the environment at TMI and the group energy.

When I got back from TMI, I bought my first computer, a Gateway, synchronistic since I'd just taken Gateway Voyage. My homepage became this website and THEN I learned that Bruce was doing workshops on how to do retrievals without using hemi-sync.  Then I found out about using imagination to 'prime the pump.' Then I began having visuals. Four months after taking Gateway Voyage, I did my first retrieval and this was 5 months before I took Lifeline which teaches how to do retrievals.

My whole life changed. I had a purpose, one of the purposes that I came into the physical to do. My life has never been the same since and I thank God everyday that I read Bruce's books and got on this path.

And yes, I do feel that Bruce's imagery of cables and disk did have something to do with his being an engineer. Bets, I'd never thought of this until you mentioned it. Thank you. You've opened my consciousness up more. Wink

With Love and Gratitude,
Mairlyn Wink Wink Wink

Wink
WWW minniecricket2000  
IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Colorado
Reply #9 - May 5th, 2006 at 2:35pm

Ok I'm back, it wasn't too painful.

Mairlyn and Paradox,

I think it is a fantastic idea about having a separate forum for this kind of discussion, and if and when Bruce has time to join in any discussions that would be wonderful.  I'm sure he would love that opportunity to chime in and help explain things here and there.  Even us old timers need to hear things again, at least I do.  Smiley  But yes, it needs to be a forum that can't get side-tracked or attacked.

This is exciting!

Ok Betson, my answers:
______

It was definitely something I had to re-read before I could fully envision and understand, but I was impressed with his writing.  He always explains things so well.  But I wasn't quite sure what I was getting into when I started his first book, so I really took my time on it to absorb it all.  This was stuff I hadn't heard from anyone before, and I thought many times, "I can't believe this guy wrote this book".  It just really opened me up.  
________

I wasn't even done with the first book  before I was having visions I hadn't had before, (so less than a month).  This booked definitely had me pumped about exploring out there, and I couldn't wait to get on board.
________
Do you think Bruce's imagery of a 'cable' and 'disk'  relate to his training in engineering and that a musician or chef might have seen other images with the same intent?

Yes most definitely.  I think we will see what we can relate to and understand.  That is Perceiver and Interpreter and it is applicable on so many levels.  

Love, Vicky

WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

Paradox
Ex Member

Reply #10 - May 5th, 2006 at 2:47pm

Thank you for your response Marilyn.

Paradox

IP Logged

LaughingRain
Ex Member

Reply #11 - May 5th, 2006 at 3:29pm

Hi Vicky ...
got my motor humming! lol. this is exciting and I agree and make a vague promise not to get off topic! Grin

we may not need a separate room though if we all just keep pumping this one thread, we can agree to keep all posters to the topic issues if they get off track as we are talking about another's written experiences and our thoughts of how we are affected by what we've read, we are not going to launch into an arguement of skepticism regarding a simple interplay of how personally we have been affected by the gift of another's works. my opinion anyway! now lets see if Alysia knows how to stay on topic! lol! this place is more fun than a barrel of monkeys!
______

_______ 
I agree with Vicky that I must re-read books before I can get out of them that is possible. the 2nd or 3rd time thru a favorite book makes me wonder why I missed seeing something the first time and is like more self discovery. my reactions to Monroe's book I already stated. it induced my own experience.  I now see a direct link to visuals and obe states. when I started reading Bruce, I was caught up in the thoughts and feelings that I had found a person who was similar to myself and was so happy reading it all that I just kept saying thanks for writing this down, now I don't feel so weird. I guess my reaction was gratitude. it seems when we read something we go along with that person in the imagination as if we are on that journey too and thats why reading can be fun. one of Bruce's excursions was of learning to leap into and out of water and I was having fun imagining myself do that too.
_______
did it take after reading his accounts for you to have similiar experiences?  
 ______
two weeks or maybe a month, I wasn't paying attention when I read something and when it happened precisely, but when I asked myself why and how had this exploration occurred so spontaneously or subjectively, I could recall I had reached an altered state within the book and had unknowingly created an intention with my curiosity to find out something about myself personally in relation to the writer's experience.
thats why I said, we can't possibly get into an arguement here, as this is about our personal reflections that stem from another's experience. Betson is obviously a genious to word these questions.
_______

____
come to think of it, yes. this has to be correct, to mean we will all have our own symbology to interpret.
I think our C1 uses symbology to explain spirituality in the same way that we have language and conversation here, on the other side it is mostly a mental telepathy or rote being tossed back and forth. spirit vibrates faster, here we string our energy together with a bunch of words and tonal values and that takes more time. thus we come to see linear time as a reflection of an all time zone, just a very slowed down world of mass. on the other side its easier to see we are all connected as one.
hugs!  alysia
______

IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Colorado
Reply #12 - May 5th, 2006 at 4:00pm

Hi there Alysia,

I don't mind getting off track now and then and having fun, and most of the time really good things come from that.  I tend to get off topic myself sometimes.  I just don't want those negative folks out there to squash our fun.  It has happened all too many times before. (PS--This place is a lot of fun, yes, but I don't know...a barrel of monkeys sounds like a LOT of fun... Wink

I like your answers, they are well said.  I especially like "and had unknowingly created an intention with my curiosity..." Yes I agree!  This is exactly what happens--glad you pointed out that concept, it makes a lot of sense.

Love,
Vicky

WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

LaughingRain
Ex Member

Reply #13 - May 5th, 2006 at 4:14pm

thanks for noticing that Vicky. it was a revelation for me how we create our reality this way.
because at first it seems it all is just happening to you.

used to sit around and think why it was said we can't concentrate on anything for more than two minutes as the attention span is limited here. maybe I can help someone with this thought. never know.

we all want some of these experiences that we read about. human nature is very curious. so one day I decided to go past the two minute concentration span. man, suddenly you itch in different places! ha ha! meditation is like that. can't stay centered on an idea without thinking bout all kinds of stuff. but I went past the two minutes and that was long enough to set up an intention which came true...later....can anyone tell I used to be an impatient bloke? Sad Kiss Grin

IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Colorado
Reply #14 - May 5th, 2006 at 5:21pm

What you are saying makes me think about a problem I have...well, it's not really a problem but a block I guess. 

Strong curiousity and strong intention seem to always prove to work great if they are more spontaneous. 

But if there is something I feel very strongly emotional about, it can be much harder for me to concentrate on it and I can't clearly set my intention.  I guess my emotions get in the way and I end up basically fretting about it.  Is this due to a form of doubt or worry?

Not all seems to be lost in that kind of situation though.  What I find I end up doing is spending time thinking it through each day and eventually I work through it but it is a slow and painful process when you have to sit with all those emotions. 

So then this has made me wonder...does our emotional fret and worry end up causing a particular result in a situation that might have otherwise had a different turnout?  I wonder how much "power" our thoughts have that we are not aware of (speaking in terms of our emotions).

WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 7
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.