Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 
Send Topic Print
Swedenborg: Father of Astral Projection (Read 196869 times)
Recoverer 2

ALK Member

South San Francisco
Re: Swedenborg: Father of Astral Projection
Reply #285 - May 25th, 2017 at 9:10am

Vicky:

I get what you just said, I don't expect Don to get it. In the ten plus years I've been at this forum, I have never seen Don budge on any of his viewpoints. He is too emotionally attached to his viewpoints to consider what any so-called new age ghetto people have to say. He is so emotionally attached to his viewpoints, that it isn't surprising that he is as intellectually dishonest as he is.

It is very arrogant for him to believe that he understands what other people have experienced, better than they understand. It is laughable that he believes this. A reasonable person wouldn't believe this, only a person who is so emotionally attached to his belief system that he feels the need to strike out at anybody who discovers something that differs from what he believes.

His declarations of being intellectually superior to other people is pompous.

I didn't bother with reading his last post, because until he learns the importance of becoming free of his psychological conditioning, his judgment can't be trusted.

If somebody believes that I am being too blunt, remember that Don has no problem with speaking towards people he considers new age in an arrogant, condescending and disrespectful way. Not only does he do it here, I've seen him do the same at astral pulse and Robert Bruce's forum. Consider the below example from Astral Pulse where he said along with other things "Well, now that you've had a chance to see and sniff the broom up each other's New Age butt, it's time to resume more sweeping astral discoveries."

http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_out_of_body_experiences/swedenborg_...

Don, do you really expect people to listen to you when you won't show them the respect they deserve?

What kind of verifications do you need in order to understand the importance of speaking to other people in a respectful way?

Remove the motes from your own eyes, before you try to remove motes from the eyes of others.

« Last Edit: May 25th, 2017 at 10:28am by Recoverer 2 »  

IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Colorado
Reply #286 - May 25th, 2017 at 11:34am

Don,

In your reply #284, my question to you is why the label of "Evil"?  I did not say that bad things don't happen.  Yes bad things do happen.  But why do you lump it all into the category of evil?

And I don't think you're getting my point.  My point is that just because some bad things happen, it doesn't mean that all things that happen are bad.

Author of Persephone's Journey (Amazon.com)

http://www.vickyshort.blogspot.com/
WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Colorado
Reply #287 - May 25th, 2017 at 11:45am

Recoverer 2 wrote on May 25th, 2017 at 9:10am:
Vicky:

I get what you just said, I don't expect Don to get it. In the ten plus years I've been at this forum, I have never seen Don budge on any of his viewpoints. He is too emotionally attached to his viewpoints to consider what any so-called new age ghetto people have to say. He is so emotionally attached to his viewpoints, that it isn't surprising that he is as intellectually dishonest as he is.

It is very arrogant for him to believe that he understands what other people have experienced, better than they understand. It is laughable that he believes this. A reasonable person wouldn't believe this, only a person who is so emotionally attached to his belief system that he feels the need to strike out at anybody who discovers something that differs from what he believes.

His declarations of being intellectually superior to other people is pompous.

I didn't bother with reading his last post, because until he learns the importance of becoming free of his psychological conditioning, his judgment can't be trusted.

If somebody believes that I am being too blunt, remember that Don has no problem with speaking towards people he considers new age in an arrogant, condescending and disrespectful way. Not only does he do it here, I've seen him do the same at astral pulse and Robert Bruce's forum. Consider the below example from Astral Pulse where he said along with other things "Well, now that you've had a chance to see and sniff the broom up each other's New Age butt, it's time to resume more sweeping astral discoveries."

http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_out_of_body_experiences/swedenborg_...

Don, do you really expect people to listen to you when you won't show them the respect they deserve?

What kind of verifications do you need in order to understand the importance of speaking to other people in a respectful way?

Remove the motes from your own eyes, before you try to remove motes from the eyes of others.

I agree Albert.  I'm glad you get my point.  I think we should just stop trying to talk with Don.  The way I see it, writing on a message board should be as respectful as talking with someone in person face to face.  Conversation should be exchanged and acknowledged but Don doesn't take any interest in what I've experienced.  I gave it an honest shot at trying to engage Don is a conversation but I'm only getting "talked at".   It's ironic that he's admonishing me to study all sides of the box before coming to my own conclusions, yet every time I try to invite him to see my side he's not even acknowledging what I've suggested. 

I don't like feeling like what I say and think doesn't matter, so I'm no longer interested in trying to talk with him. 

Don, you can ignore my last post about "evil".  No need for you to reply.

Vicky

WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

Recoverer 2

ALK Member

South San Francisco
Reply #288 - May 25th, 2017 at 1:27pm

Vicky:

Overall, I believe it is best to not interact with Don and to not read his posts. In a way this is a shame, because some of the things he says about the Bible and its history are educational.

It becomes tiresome to listen to somebody demean the spiritual experiences of others. Statements such as ""So no, imagined astral experiences of PUL are not equivalent to the discovery of spiritual truth" are preposterous. He does not know what other people experienced when they had PUL experiences.

Due to the effort I put in and because of the assistance of my spirit guidance, the amount PUL I am able to experience during meditation and other times has increased substantially. This doesn't become non-truth no matter how opposed it is to Don's way of believing.

Despite what Roger said elsewhere, I am not a loser, I feel very grateful about how my life has turned out. It turned out much better than I could've imagined when I was young.

IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Colorado
Reply #289 - May 25th, 2017 at 4:50pm

Recoverer 2 wrote on May 25th, 2017 at 1:27pm:
Vicky:

Overall, I believe it is best to not interact with Don and to not read his posts. In a way this is a shame, because some of the things he says about the Bible and its history are educational.

It becomes tiresome to listen to somebody demean the spiritual experiences of others. Statements such as ""So no, imagined astral experiences of PUL are not equivalent to the discovery of spiritual truth" are preposterous. He does not know what other people experienced when they had PUL experiences.

Due to the effort I put in and because of the assistance of my spirit guidance, the amount PUL I am able to experience during meditation and other times has increased substantially. This doesn't become non-truth no matter how opposed it is to Don's way of believing.

Despite what Roger said elsewhere, I am not a loser, I feel very grateful about how my life has turned out. It turned out much better than I could've imagined when I was young.

I agree completely about PUL. 

I want to reply to you but not here.  I'll go start my own thread for this topic, Albert, so we can get off this thread.

WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.