Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 
Send Topic Print
Swedenborg: Father of Astral Projection (Read 196873 times)
Recoverer 2

ALK Member

South San Francisco
Re: Swedenborg: Father of Astral Projection
Reply #255 - May 23rd, 2017 at 6:08pm

It's kind of ironic that the two of you say the below on a Swendenborg thread. Were you trying to marginalize the experiences of other people including Swedenborg, or just other people? Remember, he didn't wait around for experiences to happen.

TheDonald wrote on May 20th, 2017 at 6:04pm:
Roger: "I think those kind of unforced and unexpected experiences are more valid than those that happen when we consciously try to make contact.
Especially via mediums."

That reminds me of the pattern of almost all my paranormal revelations and experiences.  When my eagerness prompts me to "try" to make a wonderful experience happen, it almost never does.  If it's going to happen at all, it happens when I am mentally open, but not fixated on any expectation or result at all.

IP Logged

SourceLover2
Ex Member

Reply #256 - May 23rd, 2017 at 6:20pm

As long as folks keep spreading fear of the afterlife and exploration/communication with same in an over generalized, extreme, and non discriminating manner, then this self will continue to counter balance that with balance, discrimination, methods/means of positive, helpful contact, and lack of fear.

IP Logged

Recoverer 2

ALK Member

South San Francisco
Reply #257 - May 23rd, 2017 at 6:38pm

Justin:

If somebody like Bruce would've followed their advice, then this site wouldn't even exist.

Quote:
  As long as folks keep spreading fear of the afterlife and exploration/communication with same in an over generalized, extreme, and non discriminating manner, then this self will continue to counter balance that with balance, discrimination, methods/means of positive, helpful contact, and lack of fear.

IP Logged

Recoverer 2

ALK Member

South San Francisco
Reply #258 - May 23rd, 2017 at 7:08pm

Justin, another thought.

In a way Don should go more with what you and I say, because we say that there are unfriendly beings that don't have a human origin, while Emanuel said that evil beings are the spirits of former humans.

IP Logged

TheDonald

ALK Member

Reply #259 - May 23rd, 2017 at 7:29pm

Readers, notice carefully how Justin and Albert will go to great lengths to avoid coming to terms with the posted Christian OBE adept's experience-based case against the legitimacy of astral projection.  Why? Because the posted video comes from outside the New Age Ghetto!   Shocked

IP Logged

rondele

ALK Member

Virginia
Reply #260 - May 23rd, 2017 at 7:43pm

Don, I think it's time for those two to get a room. Their foolish ping pong posts are not only juvenile but consistently miss the point.

R

IP Logged

Recoverer 2

ALK Member

South San Francisco
Reply #261 - May 23rd, 2017 at 8:04pm

Once again, it seems as if you are using a fake news kind of strategy. You are trying to use a false approach to make it seem as if some people aren't worth listening to.

Justin and I have this going for us. We respect Bruce Moen's work. We aren't trying to sway people to Swedenborg and Biblical viewpoints. We aren't trying to get people to become afraid of making contact with the world of spirit. We aren't foolish about this. We understood that care needs to be taken.

Bruce would suggest that people don't just take his word for it. He recommends that people find out for themselves. He even wrote a book with techniques that they might  try. I believe that I'd rather take his advice than your agenda-based advice that doesn't respect the creator of this site.

I didn't watch the video Don provided, partly because I already understand that negative influences exist. I also understand that it is possible to make contact with the spirit world in ways that are very positive and don't involve demonic deception. I know this through extensive experience. It is also a matter of my not being inclined to follow the advice of a person who seems to have so little regard for people referred to as new agers, that he uses the term "New Age Ghetto" repeatedly. He used it on this thread again.

If you three keep trying to undermine the purpose of this site, I will keep responding, even if Roger tries to stop me with "foolish ping pong" like comments.

IP Logged

SourceLover2
Ex Member

Reply #262 - May 23rd, 2017 at 8:43pm

Hi Don,

Folks who have paid attention to my postings here, already know I'm not a big fan of classic OBE exploring. I've talked several times of how Rosalind McKnight's work, as primarily outlined in her first book Cosmic Journeys is one of the relative few that I find very fast vibratory/expanded, balanced, holistic, more accurate and helpful than not.

I've talked about how I very much agree with her main guide "Ah So" (not his real name, but a label that Bob Monroe gave him) and his system of categorization of different levels.  I'll try to briefly summarize it (again):

According to Ah So, in the human energy system, we have 5 main levels or "bodies".  You have the most dense and slowest vibratory level/body which is the physical.  Then you have the etheric which is a bit more expanded/faster vibratory, the emotional, the mental, and the spiritual--each successive one being a more expanded/faster vibratory level of perception and experience. 

Ah So says that when someone has a classic OBE, they are phasing much of their consciousness focus into the "etheric".  Because it's only a bit faster vibratory than the physical, there are some of the same limitations and human hangups, like fear, attachment to material activities and focuses.  As a side note, most people that are "classically stuck", are stuck in this etheric level.

He says that there is less protection for the physical body level when a person phases into the etheric--hence, there is more concern for possession and influence--also partly because of the fear aspects of self are stronger here (Like attracts and begets Like in other words). 

Ah So's teachings were proven to me by experience. It was after I became involved with a certain book/course, and for awhile even after I dropped it, I went through the most slow vibratory/selfish/limited/unbalanced cycle in my life. I was really not my normal self during this time.  Interestingly, it was the only time I remember having classic OBE's. 

In hindsight, I've figured out that when I meditate, I usually phase into the emotional and most often mental levels.  The faster the vibratory level and in a sense the "further away from" the dense physical, the more and more one's experiences and perceptions in these more expanded/faster vibratory levels, start to seem less and less "real" to a human.  For the very reason that they are very different from the physical. (Unlike the etheric level perception/experience which isn't that far off/different). 

Ah So said that "Jesus", regularly phased into his spiritual level/body, even while conscious and involved in material activities, and that's why he could disappear in a crowd or the like.  Because the spiritual level is in complete control of all the slower vibratory levels he could do this and other "miracles". 
   Or in another sense, you could say that Yeshua could so raise the vibrations of his physical body, as to temporarily appear invisible to most humans of the time. 

Now, if he had done this while say the Baptist was around, likely the Baptist might still be able to perceive him, because he likewise was more intune with his faster vibratory levels, though not to the degree that Yeshua was.

So in a very loose sense, you could say that I agree with the video some. I wasn't actually responding to you or the video to begin with.  Hope this helps and clears up some stuff.  I don't particularly recommend classic OBE's, but some folks need them as training wheels at first. 
« Last Edit: May 23rd, 2017 at 9:50pm by N/A »  

IP Logged

Recoverer 2

ALK Member

South San Francisco
Reply #263 - May 23rd, 2017 at 8:59pm

Related to what Justin just said, I haven't had an OBE with the effects for years. Rather, while wake, in an effortless way, my consciousness goes from being in this world to having some non-physical experience. I don't mean to suggest that I can travel to wherever I want at will. I don't travel around in a random way. My non-physical experiences always seem to serve a purpose.

IP Logged

I Am Dude

Reply #264 - May 23rd, 2017 at 9:29pm

Recoverer 2 wrote on May 23rd, 2017 at 5:54pm:
Is tuning into love and peace, and praying to God and Christ, the same thing as jumping into a toxic pool of waste?

Applied to my analogy, it would be like tuning into love and praying to God right before jumping into the pool. Of course, it was an extreme example. A more practical analogy would be like entering a pool that will poison you only if the liquid enters your body, keeping in mind the likelihood of this happening is probably high enough to warrant careful consideration.

Quote:
Since unfriendly beings can contact people in this world at an unconscious level, perhaps people shouldn't take part in this world.

Assuming that this were true, it would make sense that these unfriendly beings would have even stronger influence of a person if one were to willingly end their life, as they'd likely be going into the nonphysical reality that the unfriendlies inhabit, a place in which these beings could affect them in a more direct way. I'm not so sure the analogy works.

But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things will be added unto you.

IP Logged

SourceLover2
Ex Member

Reply #265 - May 23rd, 2017 at 9:49pm

Related to my previous reply about the different bodies/consciousness levels:  I suspect that to some extent, we can correlate different brainwave states to these different experiences/perceptions in the different levels. 

For example, beta brainwaves connect to when we are very focused on/in the dense physical level. Mid to deeper alpha states more connect to classic OBE and phasing into the etheric level. Theta more to the emotional and start of the mental, and mental primarily to deep theta-borderline delta to lighter delta, and spiritual to that "paradoxical" state of delta mixed with hyper gamma brainwaves. 

This is just a tentative hypothesis of mine. In any case, if my previous post is more true/accurate than not, then the ideal is to phase into the spiritual level. This though, takes some strong, consistent, and more pure attunement to Universal Love and the more purely creative consciousness within.

IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Colorado
Reply #266 - May 24th, 2017 at 1:12am

TheDonald wrote on May 22nd, 2017 at 3:08pm:
Also, if you've read through this thread, you know that ES's verifications are far, far more impressive than the bulk of alleged verifications by New Age astral explorers. 

Don,

You say this kind of thing repeatedly, and it makes me so curious to know what your point is.  Is it your point to point out that ES had a greater ability than most?  Is it your point to discredit anyone else who isn't as great, in your view, as ES was?

Your presence here seems to imply a strong need for you to find someone, anyone, who you think is as good as ES, and that thus far you haven't found one single person.  If we were to take ES out of the picture for a moment so that you don't have him to compare anyone to, what would be your interest in astral projection and afterlife exploration?  If you had no one to look up to that impresses you like ES, would you yourself want to learn to explore and have your own experiences?  And would you continue those pursuits until you fully satisfied your curiosity?   

I don't bother comparing myself to anyone.  It doesn't serve me to do that.  I enjoy learning from others and being inspired by them, but just because someone may seem more impressive than myself doesn't make my experiences any less valuable, less real, or less meaningful to me.  I've grown most from my own direct experience.   

As for verification, I don't see it as the end-all of an experience.  You gave an example of a dream of your dad visiting you, but he didn't speak to you and therefore you don't believe it was a real visit.  I can see your point in that statement but only from a flat, logic standpoint.  From another perspective, you could look at that experience another way, however only you can do this since it's your experience, not anyone else's.  But another way to perceive is to feel, and feeling is the most basic, raw, natural, unfiltered sense of perception.  Our perception can be blocked without us even knowing it.  When we aren't able to pay attention to those basic, raw, natural feeling-senses, we tend to believe the logic that goes through our heads because it becomes the first thing we notice, when in fact we missed out on the actual first thing that we should have noticed, a feeling sense.  I've been studying this for many, many years and in my opinion that makes me at least somewhat pretty darn qualified to say that I know what I'm talking about. 

This is why practicing opening perception is far more important than searching for verifiable evidence and facts.  Verifiable things are a great boost to one's confidence, and they are quite exciting, but they aren't the holy grail of experience. 

Like your example of the dream of your dad....I too have had many experiences of visits from my dad since his death in 2010.  Some were visits while I was dreaming, some were OBEs, and some were in the waking state.  I don't have any real proof to speak of, at least nothing that's going to impress you!  Nonetheless, verification isn't necessary for the purpose of Dad's visits. 

If I had been of the frame of mind to balk at Dad's visits for their lack of "bonafide verification", oh what I would have missed out on!!  The love experienced of these visits is MY verification that they are real.  So you see why I couldn't care less if my experiences impress you or anyone else?  Sure, it's great when someone loves to hear my experiences and they tell me it inspired them.  But it's not my goal to impress anybody.  It serves me nothing to impress people. 

I admit, Don, I don't read much of your posts, so maybe there are posts you share which talk about your ability to perceive nonphysically, about your experiences of PUL and ability to expand your awareness and perception beyond its normal limits??  It just seems to me that you are not even impressed with many of your own experiences. 

Author of Persephone's Journey (Amazon.com)

http://www.vickyshort.blogspot.com/
WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

I Am Dude

Reply #267 - May 24th, 2017 at 9:27am

ES was of course a passionate (if unorthodox) Christian and his trips to the heavens were overwhelmed by an awareness of Christ's presence.  Also, if you've read through this thread, you know that ES's verifications are far, far more impressive than the bulk of alleged verifications by New Age astral explorers.  But let's now turn to contemporary Christian Swedenborgs who explore physical and spiritual realms in OBEs.

Take a stroll outside the New Age Ghetto and watch this practical video on how to tell the difference between authentic OBEs in the form of "Christian spiritual travel" and "astral projection."  The most interesting part of the video for me was how "Praying Medic" demonstrates successful Christian OBE verifications through methods that Buhlman's experiments failed to achieve.  At the end of this video "Praying Medic" points to his website and how-to books and recommends other Christian books on Christian OBEs:

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=youtube+deaate+OBEs+astral+projection&view=...

"Praying Medic" was an avowed atheist prior to his dramatic converion.  Check out his website for his blogs, videos, and information on his 10 books:

https://prayingmedic.com/about/

Don, this was the first time I've heard of Christian spiritual travel. I watched the video last night and went to bed. My daughter woke me up at about 5 in the morning, so I put on another video by the praying medic about seeing in the spirit and fell asleep while listening. The last thing I remember was him talking about focusing on Jesus and a blank space inside your mind's eye as a technique to see in the spirit, so I did exactly that.

This led to an interesting experience which was no ordinary dream. The next thing I knew, I was looking up at the room from an unusual angle. It seemed like I was much lower than I should have been. I knew something was different, strange. I realized that I was on the floor! I was wide awake, as I had my normal thought faculties fully functioning. After this, I got up to turn the video off so I could go to sleep, but the darn thing wouldn't shut off, no matter what I did. Towards this part of the experience, my memory becomes more dream-like in nature. At the time I thought I was functioning physically, but afterwards I realized that this was a nonphysical experience. As an interesting coincidence, I woke up this morning to find that my clock was stopped at about the same time this experience took place.

Have you read any of his books or tried his methods? I couldn't find the guy's name. Do you know why he doesn't give it?

But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things will be added unto you.

IP Logged

Recoverer 2

ALK Member

South San Francisco
Reply #268 - May 24th, 2017 at 11:44am

Vicky:

I believe one can learn more from one's own experiences than from ES's or somebody else's experiences.

Rosalind Mcknight's book "Cosmic Journeys" says that some people help with retrievals while asleep, without knowing that they are doing so. Her book says to ask you higher self if you are helping in some way. Perhaps Don's lucid dream served such a purpose. Perhaps it didn't serve the purpose of providing a verification that included doing something such as looking up an obituary.

One thing a person can be quite certain of, if he or she gives it a try, is that he or she is in contact with trustworthy spirit beings. If such beings let you know about things such as taking part in retrievals, you can believe what they show you.

If a person has a very limited framework with which he or she will view things, his or her spirit friends might have difficulty communicating with such a person. It might be better if such spirit friends give up trying.

Vicky wrote on May 24th, 2017 at 1:12am:
Also, if you've read through this thread, you know that ES's verifications are far, far more impressive than the bulk of alleged verifications by New Age astral explorers. 

Don,

You say this kind of thing repeatedly, and it makes me so curious to know what your point is.  Is it your point to point out that ES had a greater ability than most?  Is it your point to discredit anyone else who isn't as great, in your view, as ES was?

Your presence here seems to imply a strong need for you to find someone, anyone, who you think is as good as ES, and that thus far you haven't found one single person.  If we were to take ES out of the picture for a moment so that you don't have him to compare anyone to, what would be your interest in astral projection and afterlife exploration?  If you had no one to look up to that impresses you like ES, would you yourself want to learn to explore and have your own experiences?  And would you continue those pursuits until you fully satisfied your curiosity?   

I don't bother comparing myself to anyone.  It doesn't serve me to do that.  I enjoy learning from others and being inspired by them, but just because someone may seem more impressive than myself doesn't make my experiences any less valuable, less real, or less meaningful to me.  I've grown most from my own direct experience.   

As for verification, I don't see it as the end-all of an experience.  You gave an example of a dream of your dad visiting you, but he didn't speak to you and therefore you don't believe it was a real visit.  I can see your point in that statement but only from a flat, logic standpoint.  From another perspective, you could look at that experience another way, however only you can do this since it's your experience, not anyone else's.  But another way to perceive is to feel, and feeling is the most basic, raw, natural, unfiltered sense of perception.  Our perception can be blocked without us even knowing it.  When we aren't able to pay attention to those basic, raw, natural feeling-senses, we tend to believe the logic that goes through our heads because it becomes the first thing we notice, when in fact we missed out on the actual first thing that we should have noticed, a feeling sense.  I've been studying this for many, many years and in my opinion that makes me at least somewhat pretty darn qualified to say that I know what I'm talking about. 

This is why practicing opening perception is far more important than searching for verifiable evidence and facts.  Verifiable things are a great boost to one's confidence, and they are quite exciting, but they aren't the holy grail of experience. 

Like your example of the dream of your dad....I too have had many experiences of visits from my dad since his death in 2010.  Some were visits while I was dreaming, some were OBEs, and some were in the waking state.  I don't have any real proof to speak of, at least nothing that's going to impress you!  Nonetheless, verification isn't necessary for the purpose of Dad's visits. 

If I had been of the frame of mind to balk at Dad's visits for their lack of "bonafide verification", oh what I would have missed out on!!  The love experienced of these visits is MY verification that they are real.  So you see why I couldn't care less if my experiences impress you or anyone else?  Sure, it's great when someone loves to hear my experiences and they tell me it inspired them.  But it's not my goal to impress anybody.  It serves me nothing to impress people. 

I admit, Don, I don't read much of your posts, so maybe there are posts you share which talk about your ability to perceive nonphysically, about your experiences of PUL and ability to expand your awareness and perception beyond its normal limits??  It just seems to me that you are not even impressed with many of your own experiences. 

IP Logged

SourceLover2
Ex Member

Reply #269 - May 24th, 2017 at 12:43pm

Here's the interesting thing about guidance and verification. Guidance cares more about our spiritual growth than anything else. It cares more about that, than satisfying our body based ego needs and wants. 

If a person has an over attachment to verification and proof, a guidance team might actually withhold such evidence because they know that the person in question knows deep down that they just need to accept that the nonphysical/spiritual is a reality.  They need to dive in with faith.

Most people that ask for verification in the beginning are given verification because the guidance teams involved know that these folks can benefit from said verification and aren't constantly obsessed with proof and evidence. 

It's when the above OCD types finally let go, that they tend to be provided with the evidence that they so desperately want and think they need.  I would say in such cases, such people tend to have too much self will, and not enough of the attitude and approach of "Lead me Creator and purely Creative Forces.  Not my will be done, but your Will be done."  Such folks tend to have too much of a demanding attitude and approach.  A spiritual version of the fast food mentality.  Give order 4 with a side of impatience to me and give it to me now. 

Unfortunately for them, Guidance tends to either laugh at or not particularly appreciate such human arrogance. 

I've noticed the more that I let go of how I think things should come or develop, the more I let go of my self will, the more that is opened up for me and flows harmoniously. I still go through testing and challenge (nor is every question answered), but I can handle it better and more gracefully because I have trust and faith in the process and that it's positive by design. 

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.