Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
I want a new body (Read 5129 times)
dave_a_mbs

Afterlife Knowledge Member

central california
I want a new body
Apr 23rd, 2005 at 11:44am

My wife periodically tells me, "I want a new body. Just jack up the navel and slide a new body under it."

I got to thinking. We have no reason to limit ourselves to a physical embodiment in a meat-machine. If reality is actuallyt holomorphic, then anything that can support the definitions of self-reflexive thought and decision based upon externally acquired data is adequate. So I think my new body should be made of titanium, or maybe zirconium, with an internally distributed logic network that acts as a brain and magnetostrictive muscles.

I can imagine plugging my sensory system together with someone else's to produce a joint byproduct that could be left at the factory to become an offspring mechanoid. Born ready made and adult. No muss, no fuss, no adolescent crisis.

More to the point, I can imagine that in the billions of years of our universe's evolution, this has already come to pass. Although we can write the math for artificial intelligences of this sort, we are a long way from implementing them. But out there  in the universe I suspect that there are lots of mechanoid intelligences. Maybe UFO's are what they look like, as they go clanking off through space.

dave

life is too short to drink sour wine
IP Logged

Raphael
Ex Member

Re: I want a new body
Reply #1 - Apr 23rd, 2005 at 2:22pm

Your post brings the subject of "life".

There are many ways to look at it. In my opinion though if you were to replace your whole brain with an artificial intelligence that would be the EXACT copy of your mind, I wouldn't call this being "alive". SO artificial life wouldnt be life imo.

Try this little game that explores the problemcatic http://www.philosophersnet.com/games/identity.htm

IP Logged

Brendan
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Apr 23rd, 2005 at 6:37pm

I'd like a new body also...
But though it would be an artificial body,
I'd want it to be indistinguishable from a
magnificently proportioned HUMAN body...
(different inside perhaps, but maybe with a
"covering" of non-aging (or self-repairing) organic
materials... the "Terminator" comes to mind here...
And maybe a "positronic" (to use a science fiction term) brain immune to age-related decline, alzheimers, mad cow disease, strokes, or
what have you and easily transplanted into a new
body, should the old one be damaged...
Otherwise, I'd want to be "human", if you will, right down to body functions... with the exception of farting, which is really pretty nasty and potentially embarrassing. On the other hand, having a cig while taking a crap is one of life's unsung little pleasures...
One characteristic of my new body would be, I could eat, smoke, or drink anything I like, and get the buzz without any ill health effects!
I''d DEFINITELY want to be able to enjoy eating,
sex, and so forth...!)
I think if a genie gave me three wishes... I'd be a pretty wracked-brained fellow for a week or two!!! Doing it right would be a challenge...

IP Logged

jkeyes

Tucson,Az
Reply #3 - Apr 23rd, 2005 at 8:40pm

Newbody

Brendan, where did you get the idea that farting was bad? Farting is good-I learned this from being the oldest of three brothers, the mother of two husbands, and the wife of three sons-or the other way around, (I recognize this as a put down-but hey this thread has taken off as a alpha thing) anyway just don’t take the Chile for your lunch at work.  And-Raphael, don’t take this thread too seriously, cuz’ we need a break from some of the tension.  Anyhow, Brendan, I also learned from all this assortment of males I’m connected to is that you can drink, eat, and smoke (the legal smoke) all you want as long as it’s in moderation.  Moderation is also a good thing.  You see, I’m the only one in this group that tends to go overboard including being emotive, but they all successfully practice the moderation principle if not in the past, they do now as mature adults (age range 28 to 57).  As a result of what I learned from them in addition to my own research, I’m a healthy 60 year old, living life on my own terms.  They’re also very healthy.  I’ve also discovered, along with farting, aging is good too.  I don’t do meds, doctors, casserole or is it clorestarole, blood pressure-is it 210 over 120 is good and 20 over 5 is good, scales, (I appear slim, though still short, and my clothes still fit) etc. but I have done the Gateway tapes for the past seven years and have added Bruce’s Harborside tapes.  I also remember Monroe’s description of us when we’re about to leave (possible future) around the year 3,000.  We all look about 30 years old reflecting higher vibrations, hair mid length and the men and women don’t look much different from each other, except for the b..bs on the women.  Illness is an outdated notion.  We’re not really interested in food but we can produce it by manifesting it in our hands and we are leaving the physical world as clean and beautiful as when we first arrived.  So have hope, enjoy farting (just be careful with the matches!) and much love and laughter. And remember, dave, we as humans can create whatever we can conceive of  & we do & will, thanks for starting this thread, Jean.

IP Logged

jkeyes

Tucson,Az
Reply #4 - Apr 23rd, 2005 at 8:46pm

Actually, I lied, the age range is 28 to 76. Love to all Jean Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Firequeen
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Apr 24th, 2005 at 12:17am

We have a vital essence in our bodies( in chinese medicine this is called jing). We use the essence up by abuseing our bodies with food, alcohol, drugs...
Then it is gone. Then we want new bodies.
How about keeping the vital essence healthly by eating right, yoga, exersize and most important positive thoughts and actions............
If you treat this body good the next one you get will be even better. Its like saying I need a new Earth, this one is trashed and I never even recycled once.......
Take responsibility for your gifts.          Aloha

IP Logged

Brendan
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Apr 24th, 2005 at 4:05am

That's all nice Firequeen... but that lifestyle DOES involve one heck of a lot of discipline and self-policing.
Depending on your schedule, job or whatever, it can be awfully hard to maintain a steady exercise regimen (I've been trying to for years!) Some days, I have horrendous "laziness attacks" and slag off my weights, pushups, and so on... and I always "burn out" sooner or later and end up quitting my exercise program, and then I have to "re-invent the wheel." Life would be so much better if I didn't have to ride this merry-go-round to stay fit (and being fit  IS important to me.)
Wouldn't it be cool if we could stay young, fit, and muscular... and live like pigs if we wanted to?
Would save a lot of time for sure...

IP Logged

Raphael
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Apr 24th, 2005 at 6:51am

Brendan the lifestyle is not complicated. If it is you are doing something bad.

For the food : It comes down to buy good snacks and meals (some freezed meal are quite healthy) and for desserts stop the cookies. Personally I don't drink sot drinks, eat sugar and all that stuff. Yup I know it tastes good but when after a while you used to not eating these products.

As for... FITNESS  Grin
Your program was probably NOT meant for you. Training should be fun. I stopped training for 3 weeks because I injured most of my back muscles on my right side (go figure how I did it) and I miss it.
I mostly did weight lifting because cardio training was something I couldn't stand. I know it's important but it's better to do parts of the whole package than do the whole thing and stop after 3 months hmm?

When you DO make your training out of all the exrcises that you like, training isn't training anymore... it's a game  Grin

That's why I miss it now  Sad
(come on body, heal heal heal !!)

So if the cardio was bothering you, just drop it  8)

IP Logged

Firequeen
Ex Member

Reply #8 - Apr 24th, 2005 at 10:58am

Actually the discipline is what eventually frees you.

I find yoga to elevate me pysically, spiritually and mentally, cleanseing and healing.
  I no longer suffer the intense pysical pain in my back, no more migrains, and I am stronger at 40 then I have ever been.
  Time is an illusion, we have an endless supply of it,. Years ago I used to pity my hard working self and as a single mother and sole provider I thought woes me. Then I changed my thinking. I work less, do more yoga, make more money, and give myself to my children after 2:00 everyday.
Its your belief that living like a tried pig is nice. Its your belief that you have to work so hard.  Its your belief that you cant feel good.
Just change your way of thinking and know that you will  be alright, even better for changing your life style........ Whats to be afraid of???    let it go.

all said in Love.      

IP Logged

dave_a_mbs

central california
Reply #9 - Apr 24th, 2005 at 2:32pm

Fascinating responses!

Last night I was doing my meditations, exteriorizing to become one with the walls of my bedroom, then looking back "inside myself" at the lumps in bed where my physical self lay with my wife, and I had no sense I was missing anything essential.

But I agree, farting does have its virtues. My wife says that her butt's asleep, and it's snoring.

After the meat body falls off, or in an OBE, it seems to me that it makes little diference where we place ourselves. All we need is a mechanism, protoplasmic or not, in which we retain the abilities by which the "self" operates and is defined. That might be "ectoplasm" as we haunt the back stairs, an animal existence such as a primate (that's where I am now), or howsabiout a network of energies within some ionized stellar medium etc.

Meanwhile, whole grains, vitamins and minerals, lots of love, joy and awareness, as I attempt to gain sufficient wisdom so I don't have to come back to this specific place, but can go onward. But I see no way that that differs from love, joy and awareness in a critter that eats uranium and swigs lube oil.

The idea of mechanoid life may be bizarre, but the math defining creativity works easily, and the engineering will eventually get there on some level as well. I suspect that we may already have such visitors. Or maybe not yet.

dave

life is too short to drink sour wine
IP Logged

Dan

Minnesota
Reply #10 - Apr 29th, 2005 at 7:39pm

"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "Holy sh**, what a ride!"

I applaud anyone with the discipline to eat all the right foods, exercise regularly and not fart in public, but that's just not me. I want to enjoy and experience anything and everything. Maybe next time around I'll choose the life of a health-conscious fitness buff, but not this time. I ride motorcycles, skydive, eat crappy food and smoke cigarettes. In my defense, I don't drink or do drugs and I don't kick dogs or hit women or children.

My doctor says I have the heart of a 20-year-old even though I barely remember being 20 years old. So I can thank my ancestors for the genes...they're working so far. When they stop working, I hope I check out quickly and if I want to come back and do it differently, I'll think about it.

Again, many people DO find enjoyment in a healthy lifestyle, and the quote at the beginning was more or less a joke. I'm not even sure why I'm responding except to say there are some of us who aren't eating healthy or exercising or doing yoga but who are still having a lot of fun. And the older I get and the more I understand, the more I believe that's what I chose for this time around.  Grin

josephpschmoe  
IP Logged

Raphael
Ex Member

Reply #11 - Apr 30th, 2005 at 7:16am

SKydiving rocks !!!

I wish I had more money I would do it every week !!

Nobody can say if there is a better way or not to "live" but for me it's a matter of quality and not quantity.

Like when you drink wine or bear with a meal. If you have a sloppy mouth because you don't care to clean it properly, the drink will badly mix with the food you eat and you will have a smaller experience than the guy next to you who cleaned his mouth properly and says "mmmm ... MMMM oh man that's good".

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.