Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Accepting all of ourselves (Read 2699 times)
Crying Raven

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Redmond, WA
Accepting all of ourselves
Apr 17th, 2005 at 7:05pm

http://lightworker.com/messageboards/viewtopic.php?t=5093&sid=db0a6b1357bec1bc4e...

I found this posting brought up some interesting points and new ways of viewing some things (well...for me..I'm sure some of you have already long since thought of this).  I don't know about you guys but I've been in need of fresh ways of viewing things because I've gotten in a pattern of rehashing the same arguements over and over and still feel like I'm missing something.

It talks about how we aren't really 'evolving' but just 'remembering' who we are.  It's not that we are going towards perfection but becoming more 'aware' of our perfection.  In previous discussions it has been asked whether we are reaching towards perfection or already there (and how can we already be perfect if we are down here being 'imperfect') I found the way this article viewed this as a refreshing way to look at it (doesn't mean it's changed my opinion...just gives me a new way to think about it for a bit and see how it 'feels' or 'fits' in with other things I believe.)

It also brings up that a lot of us have reached the belief that we just need to focus on our higher aspects to be free from these 'lower levels' when really we need to expand our awareness to accept all of ourselves - both higher and lower dimensions because they are all a part of us.  We keep trying to deny and judge our 'lower' selves and really we need to love and embrace that part of ourselves too.  I really think this is important because many times I have heard people put down that part of themselves that likes/wants material things like it's a disgusting thing...but that judgement hurts a part of ourselves.

Also it addresses that the part of us that feels all of these things good or bad on these 'lower' levels (what is good or bad is up for discussion) is just a small part of who we really are, and that we are waaaaay more then just where our current awareness is here.

I don't know the credentials or where this person got this information, but to me it gave me some new stuff to chew on which I always appreciate, and I wanted to share it with you guys.  Obviously we all can think for ourselves and toss out what doesn't ring true to us and savor what does. Cheesy

Jenn

Crying Raven  
IP Logged

jkeyes

Tucson,Az
Re: Accepting all of ourselves
Reply #1 - Apr 17th, 2005 at 7:43pm

Jenn,

Sounds good to me, I check it out next weekend when I'm free again.

Thanks-Love Jean

IP Logged

Firequeen
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Apr 18th, 2005 at 11:54am

YES, we are in a state of remembering our perfection. wake up, remember, wake up, remember............  We have many different levels of consciousness, as an artist I tap into these to create. The higher levels speak through me as I paint images in a consciously unreconizable laungauge, a higher energy level speaks through me, and thus the veiwer's higher level is spoken to, thus helping to remember Who were really are. If it sound abstract, it is. We have to forget, and let go of this state  we call conscious to get there, to remember, our typical state of consciouness is so fixed and solid and lacking in mystery and so we get stuck in it seeking facts and statistics to show us the way.  But the way out is through a very different door.
There are many ways out, I was just sharing one with you.       love and aloha

IP Logged

Nje

Reply #3 - Apr 18th, 2005 at 12:25pm

Why do perfect beings have to let a part of themselves suffer?

Doesn't sound very "perfect" to me.

I doubt there is such a thing as a "perfect" being,  because I believe every consciousness is still evolving, and there's no limit to evolution, just like there's no limit to science.

IP Logged

alysia
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Apr 18th, 2005 at 12:59pm

thanks for bringing this to our attention Jenn. the site sounds similar to many spiritual inroads, ways of thinking 'bout things, especially is similar to ACIM says we are perfect but we've forgotten, in order to have another go at Earth living perhaps, and to remember who we are.
it makes sense to me if you study the "aha" moment. I remind myself, but, but, didn't I know this that I am learning now, back when I was only a kid?

I return to the words of Alan Watts, where he cracks up as he relates that we were born here for the sheer experience and uttering oh, shucks, give me a surprise please! then we proceed to give ourselves one self discovery after another surprising ourselves in remembrance of ourselves and we call this adventures in awakening.
getting back to your thought of acceptance of self, small, low, high, big, all the parts and memories of self. Elias would talk about acceptance of all belief systems in this way, that somehow through acceptance there is not stuckness, but movement through the beliefs,  and I think it has something to do with not passing judgment upon yourself or others. a non resistance state of mind but not a stuck place at all. I like to picture it as being in the eye of the storm, theres much movement but the feeling is of complete safety in the eye of the thing. maybe because so many chunks of you (belief systems) have fallen off, that one more chunk crashing to the ground means little to the intrinsic self which has set up housekeeping. hee. this shift is really something huh? you shine to me Jenn!
love, alysia...

IP Logged

gordon phinn

toronto, canada
Reply #5 - Apr 20th, 2005 at 7:12am

I return to the words of Alan Watts, where he cracks up as he relates that we were born here for the sheer experience and uttering oh, shucks, give me a surprise please! then we proceed to give ourselves one self discovery after another surprising ourselves in remembrance of ourselves and we call this adventures in awakening.
getting back to your thought of acceptance of self, small, low, high, big, all the parts and memories of self.

Thanks for bringing up this name from the "past", Alysia!
I did not mention him in the intro credits to my book, but Alan Watts was a big influence on me when I first read him in the seventies...and also Henry, if you read the book carefully.
love, gp

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.