Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Could one literally "kill a soul?" (Read 8549 times)
Justin2710
Ex Member

Re: Could one literally "kill a soul?"
Reply #15 - Apr 16th, 2005 at 9:12am

No offense taken Boris.  I just thought it was odd after noticing it in a few posts directed towards me.  I was probably just being "self sensitive" to a degree.
I've been a little paranoid after that "visit" i wrote about awhile back, and especially since i've come to the conclusion that it wasn't a E.T., or spirit helper.  Interestingly, very shortly after coming to that conclusion,  out of the blue a very close  friend related that her good friend has in the last few weeks been visited by what she could describe as "shadow" people.   

Thanks for the explanation, twas considerate of you to take the time to even answer it.

Peace
Justin

IP Logged

dave_a_mbs

Afterlife Knowledge Member

central california
Re: Could one literally "kill a soul?"
Reply #16 - Apr 16th, 2005 at 6:16pm

Hi Brendan-

Fascinating question, but I'm curious about jiust what you actually mean by "destroy" and "soul". 

Example: I can "destroy" a cup of coffee by drinking it, but obviously there is somethitng left over. When therapists work with "demonic entities" the usual result is that the entities discover that really they are beings of light. They simply got frightened and took on a hostile identity for self protection. With a little effort they recall their original states, and as "beings of llight" they thus cease to be demons and they go off into the Light. Thus the "demon" is destroyed" but somethitng remains. (Aside from details, this is obviously the same as rescuing a stuck soul through a retrieval.)

To make the soul vanish without leaving anything behind seems unlikely for the same reason that past lives confirm our existence in the present. Example:  Assume a star several billion lightyears away goes nova today, and tuns into energy, or cosmic dust. We can't tell it, because we're still looking at it in its childhood. Thus, the star is both vanished and still exists. A race on another galaxy another billion lightyears farther away might notice that the star is coming into existence. All these factors in the star's life exist forever, because they are now part of the history of the universe, and there is no way to remove history.

I suggest that a soul is part of the universal history just as well. Thus, its karma might lead it through all manner of changes, yet its existence can't be made to go away without a residual historic trace that remains active.

If the idea of the soul refers to the location of  interaction of a viewpoint, the place to which I refer when I say "I know I am," then, just as the starlight continues to manifest the star long after it has vanished from the material world, the soul's life energies may be dispersed throughout the universe, but it would appear  to the soul to still be operational, just as are the  activities of those whose bodies have fallen off.

Reducing everything to the least residue, that there is simply the binary history of the soul's existence as compared to nomn-existence, then we seem to be simply going back to the initial event where the initial definition of the soul happened. This gives us the point of "I am in order to become," so to say, the initial point of everything, and the rest follows.

To go back further, past the initial binary manifestation of anything, we reach the point from which the Creator, existing outside of what we call motion, time and space, spontaneously creates the motion, time and space such that the soul would come to occur. To get rid of that, you need to get rid of God. But God can be viewed as the immanent creativity outside of motion, time or space, so you can't go there. Creativity ex nihilo simply Is.

Looks to me that about all your "ultimate weapon" would do is irritate the Creator. I don't think I'd want to go there.

dave

life is too short to drink sour wine
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.