Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
How much free will do we really have? (Read 14577 times)
freebird
Ex Member

How much free will do we really have?
Apr 11th, 2005 at 6:07pm

Here's an amazing article in the news today that shows that the physical brain has a lot of control over behavior.  I am posting it here because I hope it may spark a discussion about the issue of free will.  Many people here seem to believe human free will is nearly absolute.  I am of the opinion that it is much more limited, at least while we are in a body of flesh, and that what we think and do is the product of combined influences from the brain and the soul.  The brain is responsible for many of our personality traits, which have traditionally been viewed as the result of the soul.  The soul grows stronger by fighting against the tendencies programmed into the brain, to try to influence behavior in a different direction which is not natural to the personality.  It's the same way that lifting weights strengthens muscles.  You can't grow stronger unless you fight gravity.

Freebird

-----

Scientists Create Remote-Controlled Flies

http://asia.news.yahoo.com/050411/ap/d89dbiro2.html

Yale University researchers say their study that used lasers to create remote-controlled fruit flies could lead to a better understanding of overeating and violence in humans.

Using the lasers to stimulate specific brain cells, researchers say they were able to make the flies jump, walk, flap their wings and fly.

Even headless flies took flight when researchers stimulated the correct neurons, according to the study, published in the April 7 issue of the journal Cell.

Scientists say the study could ultimately help identify the cells associated with psychiatric disorders, overeating and aggressiveness.

Biologists have long known that an electrical stimulus can trigger muscle response, but this approach used focused beams of light to stimulate neurons that would have been impossible to study using electrodes.

Gero Miesenbock, associate professor of cell biology at Yale, said if the process could be duplicated on mice, researchers might be able to better understand the cellular activity that leads to certain behavior.

"Ultimately, that could be important to understanding human psychiatric disorders," Miesenbock said. "That's really futuristic stuff."

IP Logged

Dora
Ex Member

Re: How much free will do we really have?
Reply #1 - Apr 12th, 2005 at 1:07pm

Quote:
Many people here seem to believe human free will is nearly absolute

I'm  one who believe that I have  free will. The expression of victim,(of ANYTHING)  is always based on beliefs and it  is the identification of lack of choices The moment that you're presenting yourself with choices that moment give you the free will and  freedom what  is merely the knowing  of the expression of choice in any and every situation

“You are in physical existence to learn and understand that your energy, translated into feelings, thoughts and emotions, causes all experience. There are no exceptions.. Once you understand this you have only to learn to examine the nature of your beliefs, for these will automatically cause you to feel and think in certain fashions. Your emotions follow your beliefs. It is not the other way around.”Seth – The Nature of Personal Reality, session 614.

IP Logged

Touching Souls

LOVE IS ALL, SHINE YOUR
LIGHT THAT OTHERS MAY
SEE

Metaline Falls, WA
Reply #2 - Apr 12th, 2005 at 3:35pm

Freebird says:
Quote:
The soul grows stronger by fighting against the tendencies programmed into the brain, to try to influence behavior in a different direction which is not natural to the personality. 

I have to disagree with this as I firmly believe that the SOUL is already perfect. It is us in the physical that are striving for enlightenment so that we can connect with our soul. 

And I totally agree with Dora's post and Seth. Wink

with Love,
Mairlyn  Wink

I AM THAT I AM -- WE ARE ALL ONE -- TOUCHING SOULS
Wink
WWW minniecricket2000  
IP Logged

Robdetroit

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Reply #3 - Apr 12th, 2005 at 6:34pm

How can you be so sure? Ive seen this side of the coin where soul is perfect, our physical expression is less than?
I attribute that to saying we are a dreadful lot of sin and daubauchary where were cast away into some hell, and our only choice is to do what? ascend?
No, I disagree. If that will lead you, so be it, but I have always found it to be simpler to accept that our exploration of this life in this world , is no lesser than the soul, but is soul in this world, as physical, and it is perfect and always has been.

IP Logged

Robdetroit

Reply #4 - Apr 12th, 2005 at 7:17pm

Of course though, what about the idea that we have become enlightened, as a soul, to enter into physical manifestation in the first place?  How come its always existence on earth as being a place that allows an ascension? or being some lower plane to ascend from? Whats wrong with earth?
Can it be simple as shifting beliefs to change a perception from some illusion of attainment into a reality where ascension matters not.
What is more in line with free will...?
A) chasing a carrot on a string in a metaphor of enlightenment...
Or
B) Eating the carrot?

IP Logged

freebird
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Apr 12th, 2005 at 7:41pm

Quote:
“You are in physical existence to learn and understand that your energy, translated into feelings, thoughts and emotions, causes all experience. There are no exceptions..

I would say the exact opposite.  We are in physical existence to learn how to strengthen our creative powers of will, our power of spirit, by working within a vessel of flesh that often rebels against us and drives us in directions we do not consciously choose.  It's like learning how to ride a horse: the horse has its own idea of where to go, how fast to go, etc., and you have to learn how to gain mastery over the horse so that you, the rider, have the control.

The opposite point of view as expressed in your quote above rejects the knowledge of science, which has proved that the brain has a large influence on our experiences.  For example, if an electrode is placed on a certain part of the brain, someone will suddenly experience a certain memory or emotion or will even raise his hand or speak certain words -- automatically, without any input from the soul or spiritual willpower.  Similar effects can be produced by drugs, chemicals or food products, bacteria or viruses in the brain, or various other causes.  To argue that free will is absolute while in a physical body is, according to all the evidence, an erroneous idea.

Quote:
Once you understand this you have only to learn to examine the nature of your beliefs, for these will automatically cause you to feel and think in certain fashions. Your emotions follow your beliefs. It is not the other way around.”

That's only half of the story.  There is also the other half, that it can work the other way around, too.  Materialists argue that there is no free will because there is no soul.  Others, such as yourself, seem to be arguing that there is total free will because the brain has no influence at all on our thoughts and behavior.  Both of these extreme positions are not supported by logic and evidence.

Freebird

IP Logged

freebird
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Apr 12th, 2005 at 7:47pm

Quote:
I firmly believe that the SOUL is already perfect.

If that is the case, what is the point of incarnating on earth?  Every near-death experience I have read teaches that coming to earth is a learning experience for the growth of the soul.  If the soul is supposed to grow through experiences on earth, then it cannot already be perfect or at its fullest potential.

Also, if the soul is already perfect, then why do NDEs talk about different levels or realms on the other side, such as heavens and hells, belief-system territories, etc., based on the spiritual development of the souls who are there?

Freebird

IP Logged

Robdetroit

Reply #7 - Apr 12th, 2005 at 9:42pm

The brain.... Of course the brain has an effect on our reality. It happens to be the hub of our nervous system and is connected to our outer senses that communicate in our perception of reality.
But we are not all brain, because brain is created in perception as well....we create brain Roll Eyes
But this is illogical, because trying to explain what perception is an irrational thing, because we dont see it, we dont see its action. Its invisble to us....

what I mean as perfect. Is not to take this creation and this physical expression of your consciousness for granted, in this sense, you are already perfectly what you are because there is in actuality no imperfect , or guideline by which to measure any imperfection besides judgement or discounting your self.
Denying yourself your right to your awareness that you as a physical manifestataion are already perfect expression of your soul experiencing/ exploring,  that you are already more creative enlightened than you may believe as being a physical manifestation , denying that, seems illogical to me..... ???
But anyway, what has brain to do with enlightenment , perfection, and soul.....anywho

Quote:
We are in physical existence to learn how to strengthen our creative powers of will

Ok..lol, this is could be in the learning versus experiencing thread.
I say we are in in physical existence to experience physical, simply....what we learn is by our reasoning capabilities, intelligence, and our conscious awareness mixing together with beliefs possibly in the meantime using your intelligence and reasoning to understand or be consciously aware of  beliefs, reasoning, intelligence, and the absolutely logical rationality.

IP Logged

Dora
Ex Member

Reply #8 - Apr 12th, 2005 at 10:30pm

Quote:
I am posting it here because I hope it may spark a discussion about the issue of free will

So let me remind you that I'm not argue with you, but if your idea of discussion is that I have to agree with your idea  that is not the case...

Quote:
We are in physical existence to learn how to strengthen our creative powers of will, our power of spirit, by working within a vessel of flesh that often rebels against us and drives us in directions we do not consciously choose.  It's like learning how to ride a horse: the horse has its own idea of where to go, how fast to go, etc., and you have to learn how to gain mastery over the horse so that you, the rider, have the control.

With acceptance of your beliefs, but your reference regarding the riding a horse is a perfect reflection how your beliefs ifluence your perception...
The vessel rebels  ..like a separated entity that has self-awareness.like the horse and the rider ???

Quote:
The opposite point of view as expressed in your quote above rejects the knowledge of science, which has proved that the brain has a large influence on our experiences

Grin Who's brain is the brain what you have?
Is that jello organ is some separate entity what operate independently from your soul, and  your rebel flesh? Of course it is influence your experience... IT IS A PART OF YOU, just like any other organ.

Quote:
To argue that free will is absolute while in a physical body is, according to all the evidence, an erroneous idea.
Others, such as yourself, seem to be arguing that there is total free will because the brain has no influence at all on our thoughts and behavior.  Both of these extreme positions are not supported by logic and evidence.

Again I'm not arguing with you, all I can say that every one of us have our own awareness, perceptions and beliefs and with mine I don't create a turmoil, trauma and living hell in my life because I understand what are my beliefs, how those beliefs influence my perceptions and choices  in any given situations.

And most of all I understand that the "soul" not what I have,and waiting form me when I "die" but I am the physical manifestation of my soul/essence and rejecting any  function of the physical  body  is the direct denial of the whole self . In my understanding the true "spirituality" is the harmony between the inner/outter, the subjective/objective selves here in this physical dimension  

IP Logged

Boris

Reply #9 - Apr 13th, 2005 at 11:40am

We have a lot of free will, but we surrender a lot of it voluntarily when we get an education, get a job, or get married.

IP Logged

Justin2710
Ex Member

Reply #10 - Apr 13th, 2005 at 1:05pm

WHOA!  Black and white...white and black...  

My particular belief system is that freewill is a tricky little thing, with immediate freewill and expanded or holistic freewill.  

In my view of energy there is the One force, the triad force, and the seven (just looking at it from our system).  One... yet with differences.   In the triad example Spirit is the first cause of all and is the All, that which created or sparked off soul (indivualized Spirit), and soul created physicality/matter.   So, soul in a sense, is a reflection of Spirit, and physical is a reflection of Soul.   Each successive reflection is more "illusionary" or more distorted?   But they intermesh and have a relative relationship.   If there is an underlying unity to all (and i very much believe there is), then reality is relative in many respects.  Its kinda like the sentiment that we are One, can know oneness, but we are not the Totality of the All, because we have a relative relationship to the All.  

Back to freewill...  I both agree and disagree with  some of the others here...  Why does it have to be either--or, can't it be both?

IMO  Flesh does have its own unique tendencies, it has seem to evolved differently than mind and soul.  But the soul *chooses that particular brain and personality for specific purposes*, it seems to already have an idea of what tendencies and major paths there are to most probably be.  Then of course i don't believe in victims, or ultimate victimization.
  Most metaphysical and afterlife paradigms agree that before we concentrate our consciousness into the physical, we have already made many various pacts with other soul groups and our own, have some knowledge (more or less depending on the individual soul) of our major paths etc, so this implies freewill because we have prechosen, even though in actual experience from our generally limited perspectives here in the dense dimension it seems relatively chaotic and unplanned or conversely fixed or destined by some outside force.  But even with the planning, we can at anytime when in the actual game, choose differently from what we originally planned?

Dora wrote, "Again I'm not arguing with you, all I can say that every one of us have our own awareness, perceptions and beliefs and with mine I don't create a turmoil, trauma and living hell in my life because I understand what are my beliefs, how those beliefs influence my perceptions and choices  in any given situations."

Do you ever act, feel, or project a thought energy contrary to what your conscious intentions, your beliefs, and your perceptions are?

If you have, I would say this is flesh in action.  At least i experience this occasionally.  The trick it seems, and a very subtle and hard to grasp concept, is to harmonize flesh, soul/mind, and spirit.  In my mind, it is not a contradiction or paradox to say that they are one, yet different--with their own properties/tendencies..  This is where will does come into play.   Maybe this is why we're experiencing this somewhat unique existence or consciousness?  In the mental realms (where most go after physical) there is an innate harmony of like attracts like, right--pretty easy to get along there with others, to exercise one's will, to create with just a thought, etc, eh?  

I would respect Seth and such others much more if they were here in the flesh and exspousing their belief systems, a bit more difficult in practise than in theory.  That's the problem i have, specifically with Seth, is that the info is so theoretical, so abstract, so mental, and so passively based.  From what i have read of Seth, he almost conveys the idea (to me) that if i just change my beliefs then i can experience and do anything i want.   And its not that i completly disagree with that, because I do believe belief, thus perception, is extremely important and a key ingredient in manipulating our reality...but is there a missing element(s)?  It doesn't strike me as holistic enough...

Another problem I have, is that Seth seems to so stress our creating, OUR realities, and of course we can create--we are creators, but we create within the parameters of creation.   Meaning that there are immutable laws that no individual soul can change, though by becoming the law i believe we can trancend the Law.  
 Maybe when we gather in all our disc members along the lines of what Bruce and Bob ultimately discover, then maybe we can create even our own laws, our own entirely unique realities, etc from that raw consciousness energy?

My perception of Seth, and if it is correct it is very important in understanding the degree to which one as Seth can help or facilitate, is that Seth simply isn't there, is not one with the law.  I prefer to align myself with those who are in that awareness, like Yeshua.  Even then, it should always be "checked" against our own inner guidance.

This brings up another thing that might be worth mentioning.  A person interested in mediumship and in mediums asked Cayce (he was not a medium per se) something along the lines of, how can we know an entity that comes through is of a completely helpful and/or trustworthy source etc.   Cayce said in effect, that in ALL cases if they do not recognize the life, the death, and the resurrection of the last Christ then its best not to trifle with such an entity.  This is interesting since the Source of E.C.'s readings was normally very flexible, lenient, and always stressed that answers should ultimately come within self.  He didn't say that such an entity was bad, evil, or any such dualistic term, but rather they are not in the position to be of universal assistence--probably because they are not functioning from their full Oneness energies.  

To my knowledge Seth apparently is not in that category.   I still have found info of constructive worth in his teachings though.  I don't knock Seth, nor do i believe one should throw out the baby witht the bathwater.  For some reason, i seem to resonate with and trust Elias much more, dunno why?  

Also to add about freewill...  I find truth in the old saying that character is destiny and it seems that perhaps Freebird is relatively correct in saying (in other posts) that each individual soul sort of was imprinted or came out slightly differently from the raw consciousness (i.e. Spirit) much like the individual snowflake, atom, or whatever, yet though we have a certain base from which we started out from, this doesn't mean we can't modify our innate energy patterns,  changing our character thus changing our destiny.
  It would seem somewhat pointless if the Creator or All that Is, projected us out with a fixed character, a set destiny without some form of freewill, because then we would be nothing but automatons?  And what would that accomplish, perhaps without freewill we would could not be individualized from within the whole?  Maybe that is why we have freewill ultimately?

IP Logged

Dora
Ex Member

Reply #11 - Apr 13th, 2005 at 2:53pm

Justin,

I appreciate that you express you opinion...

Quote:
Back to freewill...  I both agree and disagree with  some of the others here...  Why does it have to be either--or, can't it be both?

But here is the first point where our beliefs are different from each other...

In my understanding no, it cannot be both

Either we don't create anything, or we create it all, which I believe...

I understand that many people  align with the metaphysical, or religious beliefs, willing to believe that when the life goes well, then yes, they  accept that it created by the individual, but when something objectively doesn't go well, then it become the expression of the "karma" or "gods will" or "accidents"- or even the "pre-destined path" (no offend intended to any of those beliefs, )

Quote:
Do you ever act, feel, or project a thought energy contrary to what your conscious intentions, your beliefs, and your perceptions are?  

Since I understand, that we all interact with each other based on our energy projection, which is not depend on  intention, or beliefs but who receive that energy projection is configure that energy according to their perception and that perception is create what I represent to them... so the answer to your question is NO I cannot project energy different then I am...

Quote:
I would respect Seth and such others much more if they were here in the flesh and exspousing their belief systems,

Well, I have to say that your comment make me  Grin or maybe I'm not informed correctly but in my knowledge  Cacey is disengaged quite sometimes, who's experiences, writing, teachings, and beliefs you seems like to take as a grain of salt, as the ultimate truth....

Quote:
To my knowledge Seth apparently is not in that category.   I still have found info of constructive worth in his teachings though.  I don't knock Seth, nor do i believe one should throw out the baby with the bathwater.  For some reason, i seem to resonate with and trust Elias much more, dunno why?

I don't mean to criticise  your understaning or "trust"  and I'm not saying that I have full understanding of either Seth or Elias material, -if I would, I believe I would of been disengaged by now, would of go through in my transition period, I would of shed all of my focuses belief but but based on your posts  your expressed beliefs,  they are direct contradictions of  Seth and Elias material. In  my understanding, Seth/Elias is the  same material, with different expression, complimentary to each other without contradiction, with incredeble clarity for those who's desire to widening their awareness...   

Quote:
Maybe that is why we have freewill ultimately?

Maybe free will comes from freedom, and freedom is the recognition and implementation of choices.

IP Logged

create
Ex Member

Reply #12 - Apr 13th, 2005 at 3:35pm

I believe we are here on earth to get a chance to grow our soul through free-will.  If we choose the high road, we can bring unconditional love to the planet, plus we get to take it with us when we loose our human body.  Most people, through conditioning, do not know what love is.
Thanks Smiley

IP Logged

Justin2710
Ex Member

Reply #13 - Apr 14th, 2005 at 1:25pm

Hi Dora,

I would say we agree on quite a bit.  As far as freewill, perhaps i didn't get my main point across, I do quite believe in it.   I do believe we create, but once again while we are within this system we create within the confines of a already made creation with its own innate laws (for example like attracts like--you cannot create that out of existence Dora), and as much as we would like to believe we can alter those or all laws, but it is only by being compliant with them do we "pass go".  This is hard to take for those who have a strong self-will and powerful self-awareness.  This is shown in the pattern of Yeshua, and as the E.C. readings state anyone who tries to climb up any other way is naught but a thief.   Or, to put in more modern terms, PUL is the only way to ultimate creation or creativeness.  I don't mean this in religious way, never have been, but rather in a practical pragmatic way that Seth, just in my opinion (and i know i could be off) lacks.  

If Seth talked more about PUL and the power of it, I would respect him more, but he seems (as do many mental entities) quite obsessed with the fact that we can create.  Nothing wrong with that ultimately, but it will not lead to full Oneness unless one aligns to the creative forces, which is what I would like to remember and more importantly express purely.

Dora wrote, "I understand that many people  align with the metaphysical, or religious beliefs, willing to believe that when the life goes well, then yes, they  accept that it created by the individual, but when something objectively doesn't go well, then it become the expression of the "karma" or "gods will" or "accidents"- or even the "pre-destined path" (no offend intended to any of those beliefs, )"

Nah, don't subscribe to any of those belief systems either.  Besides, perhaps i interpret Karma differently than you, to me it is nothing but creative expression, not good, not bad, but as many energy reactions show, it has its cause and it has its effect.  For me, the way through Karma is pure love and detachment from all reactions to Karma, or in other words self-detachment.   This doesn't necessarily negate Karma, but it then doesn't have any power over you.  No matter what you put forth and express, it will come back its just like attracts like--an attribute of that energy that was here before you or i even existed in a individualized consciousness.

Dora wrote, "so the answer to your question is NO I cannot project energy different then I am..."

I totally agree 100 percent.  Yet i would add a twist.  No one attains higher than their ideals in life.   No matter how much you believe in any particular belief system whether espoused by Seth, Cayce's Source(s), Yeshua, Buddha, Elias, me, you, etc., it will get you no where vibrationally speaking unless by expressing/creating in alignment with your highest spiritual ideals.   The highest ideal anyone individual soul can have, i would argue, is PUL.  The very stuff that allows you to create in the first place, the very stuff that made it possible for you, I and everything to come into existence.

Dora wrote, "Well, I have to say that your comment make me   or maybe I'm not informed correctly but in my knowledge  Cacey is disengaged quite sometimes, who's experiences, writing, teachings, and beliefs you seems like to take as a grain of salt, as the ultimate truth.... "

Well hurumpp!  LOL, since you *attacked* my belief systems (i'm quite joking) i will have to defend my precious ego belief system beliefs.   No i do not believe Cayce has the ultimate truth, or covers everything.   He was in touch, for the most part, with the purely Universal Sources, those that Monroe contacted nearing the Apperature, those who are "completed".  This is why Cayce has been unique compared to many mediums or channels.  Cayce's work was described in one reading as the "work of the Masters of Masters".   Is Seth of a faster vibration than such?  Jane Roberts was in touch with but an indivualized essence--not necessarily faster in vibration than your soul or mine.  Also, how much has Roberts been validated and verified in the real world, whereas the Cayce material speaks for itself in its long history of helpfullness and independent verifications.   Besides,  the truth comes in the doing, the experiencing, not in the believing...Hey just like your little usual end quote! Wink

Also, if i took Cayce's Sources as the so called "ultimate truth" why would i have read and loved Monroe's books, Bruce's books, Rosiland's book (her new book maybe you could gain something from), so many others, and why the heck would i be here when i could stick to my hallowed Cayce sites with everyone being a Cayce-ite too?   Why would i not just bash Seth and such, i'm not particularly concerned with what people here think of me?  I try to see the good in his material, even though in my eyes there are *red flags* around the Seth material.

One very blatant example:  I read in a Seth book a bit about some so called historical knowledge (I believe it was "Seth Speaks").  In his little dissertion of the life of Yeshua, Seth says that Yeshua did not go to the cross to die, that he didn't *need* to die, and that they picked a false Christ who was somewhat popular around the time, drugged him and he was the one crucified.   Yeshua made off scott free alive.  So we have no crucification of Christ, and certainly no resurrection right?

This is contrary to much scientific, historical information and verified objective facts, as any well trained and knowledgable biblical scholar will tell you.   This is very contrary to the ENTIRE theme, purpose, structure of the Cayce readings which have been time and time again histortically verified in many departments whether through or by health, changes, historical facts, degree of helpfullness, and sheer immensity of books written based on such concepts etc.   Whatever Cayce was, he was certainly good at reading the Akashic.  

This is also quite contrary to all the very scientific evidence for the Turin Shroud.  Just ignoring all that evidence--interesting factoid:  Cayce gave a reading back in the early 30's about the physical appearance of Yeshua.  One of the details was that he would have weighed at least 170 lbs.   The scientifically trained expert, who much later was to work on reconstructing the physical profile of the man on the cloth, said that to the best approximation that this man would have weighed...what...drum roll please...170 lbs.  What a coinkydink?

Then you also have Monroe and his 1800 yr old buddy, which in Monroe's wording seemed to be known in some manner, "occidental", "no one really believes you exist" etc.  Oh yeah, did i mention he was at least 1800 years old and all of Yeshua's disciples (real historical people), and the Cayce readings say that Yesh died then resurrected his body to a form (physically immortal Light form) that Seth couldn't even be able to comprehend, able to shift through any dimension at will, even with physical attributes.  Hmmm... yet another coinkydink.  Yet there are more examples.  Rosiland Mcknight's guides firmly recognize that Yeshua functions from the light body, and they even go so far as to refer to him as the highest vibratory being to come to earth.  

But all of this, and more could just be wrong or just my belief system, i suppose.   I think we would both agree that in the end, they're just beliefs and individual perceptions...

In PUL

P.S.  A little challenge:  from reading your posts, i would say that you and I both believe that everything is energy, and that matter is just disguised pure energy, or a similar sentiment?   Then in both of our belief systems, for example, there really is no difference between walking on water than on cement right... both are just varying vibrations of Pure Light energy?   So with this belief firm in your mind, go out to a lake and walk on the surface of the water (lol, not frozen ice water).  

If your beliefs create your reality, and since you know better, you should be able to do it according to your belief system?   Betchya you can't no matter what you believe...  this is the missing ingredient of why you can't and won't.   I can't either, but i know the missing ingredient, i just got to work on expressing it to the point of a certain personage--for example.  Got to speed up your total vibrations to a the fastest vibration there is if you want your reality to follow your beliefs and creating in such an example.

IP Logged

Justin2710
Ex Member

Reply #14 - Apr 15th, 2005 at 10:36am

I would say that there is a universal search on part of all people, I believe all people want to be happy even though their concept of "happiness" or what brings happiness can vary so much.
    I love this reading.  It took me years to come to understand it fully, cause i had so much self-will mostly. 
Here is the quote from the reading (the words don't matter, its the spirit of the message): "So soon as man contemplates his free will he thinks of it as the means of the opposite of God's will, though he finds that only by doing God's will does he find happiness.  Yet the notion of serving doesn't sit well with him, for he sees it as a sacrifice of his will.
   Only in disillusion and suffering, in time, space, and patience, does he come to the wisdom that his real will is the will of God, and its practice is happiness and heaven." 2537-1

Now this quote is taken from an online version of Bruce's article for Nexus Magazine.  Perhaps this is Consciousness's (God's, The All that Is, etc) Will or Purpose?

"HUMANKIND'S PURPOSE
In every reality in which these human beings had ever lived, they were constantly, usually unknowingly, learning to experience and express pure, unconditional love to a greater and greater degree. Whenever they acted out of love, they moved closer to graduation; and when they didn't, they moved further away.

During their physical lifetimes, random acts of kindness and willingness to help others taught them to better express and experience love. When they were trapped in Focus 23, experiencing the loving assistance of others who freed them, they were learning. When they worked at the Reception Centre, easing the

transition of others into their new way of living in the afterlife, they were learning. When they re-entered the hells of Focus 25, places they themselves had lived, they were learning. At every turn they were learning to better experience and express pure, unconditional love.

In my continuing exploration of our afterlife and beyond, I've become convinced that the course charted by these 'graduates', these Angels, is our path and destiny; the purpose and the legacy of humankind's existence within all of Consciousness."

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.