Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
I'm afraid there is no afterlife and it scares me (Read 7343 times)
Polly
Ex Member

I'm afraid there is no afterlife and it scares me
Apr 11th, 2005 at 4:30pm

I don't know what to think anymore.  I'm so confused about all of this.  I want so badly to believe in all of this, but I can't seem to no matter how hard I try.  I just feel like I need proof that there's something after this life.  It's really driving me crazy.  My Mom died last year and I've really had no signs from her and I know if she was able to contact me she would have by now.  I'm losing my faith.  Please help.

IP Logged

scottyswotty
Ex Member

Re: I'm afraid there is no afterlife and it scares
Reply #1 - Apr 11th, 2005 at 6:45pm

please dont lose faith. 

Actually, it may be harder for her to contact you than for you to actively seek out and contact her.

you sound like you need to be easier on yourself and give your mind a rest.   perhaps try reading a few books in this area without too much expectation. eg bruce's books and gordon phinn's book "the eternal life and how to enjoy it".   

also some other general spiritual books like the Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle.  or the way of the peaceful warrior by dan millman.

don't worry about time running out or anything like that in trying to contact your mother.

your mum may well be trying to contact you but as we live in such a dense plane its not easy at all to pick up the signs.

you might even want to try a really good medium.  Linn Conyers who regularly posts on this board is great and could probably assist you.  splinnusa@aol.com

If you are going crazy then it might be quite hard for you to detach and clear your mind enough to contact your mother so getting someone like Linn to help would be good.

good luck
Scott

IP Logged

george stone

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Reply #2 - Apr 12th, 2005 at 11:59am

Maybe I can help.A woman asked me to try to find her husband in the afterlife.I did not know her husband.She told me that he died of a heart atack.So one night I amagined myself going into the after life,and I found him sitting on a park bench.He was crying,and I asked why he was crying.He told me that he cheated on his wife.I knew nothing about this.he also told of a bank account he had that she knew nothing about.2 weeks later I met his wife.I asked her if her husband ever cheated on her.She said yes right up to the time he died.I than told her about the account in the bank.A few days later she told me he indeed had an accound in the bank.She had not told anyone about her husband cheating on her.I hope this helps you to know there is life after death.George

IP Logged

TruSeeker
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Apr 12th, 2005 at 8:22pm

Hi, Polly.

I just wanted to let you know you're not alone. My mother died September 14, 1997. I've never been able to recover *despite* having possible contact with her on three occasions during dreams. It's not enough for me I guess. And like you, I have a terrible time believing no matter how much I might want to.

To further compound matters, I seem to have this morbid obsession with the physical body after death. I'm horrified by the thought of being cremated or buried and rotting. It's *horrible*! I was never afraid of death before. But in the last months I have become so. I'm terrified of being trapped in my decomposing body after death more than there being non-exsistance. And I have those same fears for my loved ones (few though they are now) for when they die. The thought of my beautiful mother being burned up...I can't get passed it. I'm too connected to the flesh or something. I don't know.

I often wish I had a guide (a physical one) who has already made journeys to council me and be a bridge for me between the realms and be sort of a mentor/teacher I guess. You just can't get from books/tapes/videos what you can get from a "sage". But unfortunately, all the people who are aware of these talents and can use them to help others charge money (usually outrageous amounts of it too) and I really don't think my medicaid would pick up the tab for that kind of therapy.

One would think for such a spiritual quest money should not come into it at all. And the fact that money does come into it makes me further disbelieve. If I had such a talent I would use it to do good, not to line my pockets. But I won't take money for doing anything, I don't believe in it.  I'm just a nut.

But you're not alone in being scared. I have panic attacks because of it sometimes.

Blessings to you,
~Tru~

IP Logged

Author_JD_Howes
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Apr 15th, 2005 at 5:45pm

Hi Polly,

My name is JD Howes, I recently released a supernatural thriller dealing with the afterlife called "Forever: A Godyssey Adventure." Please feel free to visit my booksite at: www.jdhowes.com.
I have had many individuals reply how much this book has helped them deal with this topic... I hope it brings you healing too.

Unlike other books on this topic, "Forever" takes a reader on a personal journey into eternity as seen through the eyes of the main character. Though the storyline is fictional, the spiritual events, locations, concepts and cast are very much real.

I heavily based this story on the greatest authority on this topic, the Bible. I also based it on near death experiences into Heaven / Hell and personal experience as well. The Bible shares tantalizing glimpses, concepts and portraits of Heaven, Hell and the cast of spiritual characters that live there... I just made it a little more fun to read and relate to.

You are not alone in your questions, struggles and doubts about eternity. I feel for you... that's why I took 5 years to put a series of answers in a story form like this... to make it easier to understand, teach and bring hope to wounded souls as yourself.

But whatever you do... don't give up... your life, your heart and soul are too precious to your Creator. Give him a chance to help you through this time.

I want to invite you to my afterlife forums because I am addressing your question about the existence of the afterlife in great detail there... I couldn't let your message go unanswered though.

Hang in there... you are in good company!

God Bless,

Author JD Howes
www.jdhowes.com

IP Logged

jkeyes

Tucson,Az
Reply #5 - Apr 17th, 2005 at 12:11pm

I don't know what to think anymore.  I'm so confused about all of this.  I want so badly to believe in all of this, but I can't seem to no matter how hard I try.  I just feel like I need proof that there's something after this life.  It's really driving me crazy.  My Mom died last year and I've really had no signs from her and I know if she was able to contact me she would have by now.  I'm losing my faith.  Please help.

Polly,

Fortunately, this is not something that you have to have faith in or even decide before you leave here.  All you need do is to continue to maintain the attitude you have when coming to this board, a receptive-inquiring mind.  If you do, as you most likely will, odds are that you will be met rather quickly, as you have been many times before by possibly your mom or someone even closer to you.  If not, because you have a temporarly closed mind at that future time of transition, then it might happen a little later.  Though this is unsual. Ultimaterly, you've got nothing to loose because, you like the rest of us, are all going in the same general direction and one of us just might catch your eye and shout, "Hey Polly!" "Is that you?" "I remember you from that crazy board we used to talk on" "Here, take my hand and I'll take you to a lovely park" (or something like this) and you'll trust them because you feel the love. 

But what I really suspect is that you will be offering your hand for many of us who got alittle confussed as we changed over.

Much Love, hope this helps-Jean

IP Logged

roger prettyman

Bedford, U.K.
Reply #6 - Apr 17th, 2005 at 3:02pm

Hi, Polly and TruSeeker,

Have you ever considered that we are a spirit occupying a temporary vehicle,  namely, the body, rather than we are a body with a spirit? There is a vast difference between the two.
Also, think of our passing over as a metamorphosis, like a pupa turning into a lovely butterfly, just leaving an empty shell behind.
Perhaps this will help you in your thoughts about the body decaying or being consumed by fire after death - it is only a temporary shell.

Best wishes, roger Smiley

The past is history, the future is a mystery.&&Today is a gift, that`s why it`s called the present.&&Let yourself enjoy today. It will never come again.&&&&&&Butterfly.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.