Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Two soulsmates with different belief systems? (Read 4804 times)
Captainbubby

Curious chap

Two soulsmates with different belief systems?
Apr 7th, 2005 at 6:12am

Hi again,

Sorry for yet another question. From what I have read here about different focus'. Belief systems have a lot to do with what happens when we pass to the other side, what of syblings, spouses, friends who hold different belief systems? They would find themselves in completely different places, the FAQ mentions that it's difficult for people to move to focus 27 if a certain particular belief system is in place (or something along those lines)

Forgive me for such, complex questions!

And please PM me with your experiences in exploration!

IP Logged

Captainbubby

Curious chap

Re: Two soulsmates with different belief systems?
Reply #1 - Apr 7th, 2005 at 6:22am

Sorry, seems like theres no way to edit my post that I can see so sorry for double posting, I was able to find out a bit more about the belief system territories, it says that communication is limited to only those who share the same belief systems, does that mean, two friends of conflicting belief can not meet in the afterlife?  Sad

IP Logged

SO

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Reply #2 - Apr 7th, 2005 at 9:22am

The ability for different beliefs to share experiences is part of what makes this reality (often referred to as C1 or the Earth Life School “ELS”) so special.

My feeling is that knowledge of “other belief systems” is important for at least two very  important reasons:

1.Although the knowledge does not necessitate that you BELIEVE ,  it can allow “visits” to be made to other BST’s

2.What most Retrievers will tell you is that probably the most difficult part of any retrieval is convincing the retrievee that there are “other” ways to believe.  Knowledge of other systems of belief represent additional avenues of “escape’

I personally find the above reasons resonate true.  They are presented for your consideration. Only you can find your answers.  Good Luck on your journey!

For those who believe no explaination is necessary; For those who do not believe, none is possible.

IP Logged

dave_a_mbs

central california
Reply #3 - Apr 7th, 2005 at 7:23pm

Hi CB-

I believe in you. You believe in me. That's two different systems of beliefs. We coexist so long as they agree. Otherwise, we're in different universes. Kinda reminds me of my wife when I try to discuss physics - or when she's telling me about a clothing sale - as opposed to when we make love.

dave

life is too short to drink sour wine
IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Colorado
Reply #4 - Apr 7th, 2005 at 11:47pm

Captainbubby,

I want to recommend that you look at the Retrieval forum, in case you haven't see it yet.   You'll find a variety of experience there that is very helpful and inspiring to all of us, especially to those of us who haven't actually done retrievals yet.

Also, I too have wondered about your question of loved ones going to different places.   For instance, my parents are locked in a box of religious beliefs and fears, while my husband is locked in a box of not believing anything.  And where will I be?  I have ideas of what I believe and what I want to believe, but then again I'm sure there are some beliefs and fears I have that I am not even aware of. 

At least I have the comfort of knowing that my interest and curiosity in learning to explore the afterlife will allow me to know what my options are for after my death.  I'm sure I'll have to fetch my husband out of whatever Focus 23 he's got himself stuck in, but then he'll need time in Focus 27 to learn, heal, rejuvinate, correct?  So while he's busy there for who knows how long, then I suppose I could go visit my parents in their BST which I'm assuming is possible, right?  So after I get tired of being there after a few minutes (ha ha) then what will I want to do?  I have no idea yet.  Or will I be immediately put in my own BST and not able or not realize that I can do other things?  I hope not.  I want to learn as much as I can now so that I am always on a path of curiosity and learning, and not at a standstill.   I guess, once you think you know all there is to know, that's when you get stuck somewhere.

Author of Persephone's Journey (Amazon.com)

http://www.vickyshort.blogspot.com/
WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

dave_a_mbs

central california
Reply #5 - Apr 9th, 2005 at 8:20pm

Hi Vicky-

I had a person in regression mentioned that in a previous life he died before his wife.  Then he hung around haunting the place until she died. I asked if they went into he afterlife together. He said, "Oh no. She went to her place and I went to mine."

You may have to actually chase your husband if you want to stay with him. However, it seems that we tend to reincarnate in groups with those we love.

dave

life is too short to drink sour wine
IP Logged

Touching Souls

LOVE IS ALL, SHINE YOUR
LIGHT THAT OTHERS MAY
SEE

Metaline Falls, WA
Reply #6 - Apr 9th, 2005 at 9:39pm

That's interesting Dave since he hung around until his wife died. Did he say why they each went their separate ways?  Just curious. Wink

Love, Mairlyn Wink

I AM THAT I AM -- WE ARE ALL ONE -- TOUCHING SOULS
Wink
WWW minniecricket2000  
IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Colorado
Reply #7 - Apr 10th, 2005 at 11:31am

Hi Dave,

So, do you mean that even if we spend the afterlife doing different things in different places, then we probably will still end up reincarnating together?  I didn't really know that. 

He and I are very different and he certainly does not have any spiritual beliefs.  But here in this physical life together we support each other in every way.  He doesn't mind me exploring my beliefs and I don't care that he thinks gaming conventions are the greatest experiences he could ever have.  Together we take care of each other, have fun, love our kids, etc. and it's okay because in the physical world you can do that.  But his beliefs are once you die, that's it, there's nothing.  It's just like going to sleep and never waking up.

But from what I understand, after he and I both die there's no way we will end up in the same place, right?  And we wouldn't even want to be together anyway.  I would be happy going my way and he his, as long as I know that he isn't stuck in some bad place, i.e. Focus 23.  After that, he can go his own way. 

I just wonder, if in the afterlife I wanted to check up on him and see where he is, I can do that right?  Isn't it a choice to visit people if that's what you desire to do? If I believe it is possible, then won't it be? 

Sorry for all my questions!  I have about a gajillion more, but I'll stop for now. 

Smiley

Author of Persephone's Journey (Amazon.com)

http://www.vickyshort.blogspot.com/
WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

jkeyes

Tucson,Az
Reply #8 - Apr 10th, 2005 at 12:49pm

Vicky,

You might want to check out Gordon Phinn's book on the various ways we can connect with other's after we've left here.  But I seem to recall that, with family/friends, we both have to want this to happen for it to be a productive meeting.  If I died today, I think that I still have a few people that I wouldn't want to meet as soon as I got there for various reasons. 

Jean

IP Logged

Captainbubby

Curious chap

Reply #9 - Apr 11th, 2005 at 8:28pm

This is a great forum! Lot's of constructive, wonderful answers.

Me and my wife have expressed our desires to be together in the afterlife, so then it seems we will!

I can understand the concept of what was mentioned before as well about "going seperate ways"

Vicky, your husband seems to be exactly like my friend. He lives for games! Games games games, I'm a bit of a gamer too, I admit, but I put it in perspective.  However, it's great that he respects and is willing to explore your beliefs a little, my friend is set in his ways and won't change one bit.

I believe perhaps in these lives we have "companions" or "soul-mates".
Companions stay together for their physical life, and they do love each other, but perhaps once they pass to the other side, they go their seperate ways. It is not a sad parting I believe.

Judging by what many here have said (thanks guys, it really does make me feel much better)
Soul-mates, share a connection that spans many lives, thus the connection.

As I said, I'm a Catholic, but I totally respect and see the truths in other religions.

Thanks again everyone, it's really helped me!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.