Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
twins (Read 3761 times)
Chris Francombe

bristol, england
twins
Feb 12th, 2005 at 9:34am

well first of all hello to you all!  Smiley

my brother told me about this website last night, and as the afterlife has always intrigued me,  so i surfed around. i have many questions that i find hard to put into words.

my brother and i are twins. i have heard that the majority of twins are very close with each other, and if this is true, then we are not the exception to the rule. we have never had any bad fights throughout childhood, and if we did then we would always feel compelled to apologise 30 mins later!  Smiley

anyway, my question, for the last 2 years or so we have started to explore this realm of 'spirituality', it started by finding 'orbs' in photos we would take, funnily enough, these never appeared on ANY photos before we knew what they were.  we have also explored dreams - we have both always had very bizarre and vivid dreams. sometimes i am lucid and aware it is happening. sometime i see my grandad, who passed away 2 and a half years ago. i can never see his face clearly, sometimes it doesnt look like him at all, but i just get this *feeling* that it is, does anyone else feel this sometimes in dreams?

we now ponder why we are twins? we both agree that perhaps we were very close in past lives, but we're not sure.

i'm just wondering, if we supposedly choose what type of life we want to lead, then why did i want to be a twin?

sorry, if this was a bit longwinded.

thanks for reading  Smiley

chris

IP Logged

Raphael
Ex Member

Re: twins
Reply #1 - Feb 12th, 2005 at 9:37am

Assuming you can really select qhat life you want, then the only person that knows the answer is you  8)

Good luck in your quest !

IP Logged

Lucy

C1
Reply #2 - Feb 12th, 2005 at 1:49pm

Hi
Hope you enjoy the board.

Your question is really interesting even though I agree with Raphael about finding the answer. When I was a kid and felt lonely I used to wish I had a twin. I've heard that not all twins are so close as you and your brother so I imagine the answers as to why they chose twinhood are complex. A co-worker recently had twin girls (fraternal and each made it to about 5-6 lbs before birth too) and she has talked about how when they sleep, they like to intertwine arms and legs (and when one is awake she hopes it won't wake the sleeping one up!). When I hear of twin babies people often speak about how they need to be together. Preemies seem to do better if they can be near their twin. That need for closeness could be explained by 9 months together in a tight space. But it is easy to wonder if there isn't a deeper need for the closeness.

How does thinking about that make you feel? Does it resonate or not? If it resonates, you may be on the way to discovering for yourself why being a twin might appeal to you. If it doesn't resonate, or you feel blank,  then you know to look elsewhere for clues. If you weren't close to your twin then it would be easy to speculate that you have some differences to iron out, but it sounds like you get along really well.

There are lots of things written about reincarnation and betwwen life. Some people like to read Michael Newton about between-life. Heck, Brian Weiss' books are kinda fun to read (and easy). And of course Bruce's books..the stories in them...might give you some ideas too. These are just places to look for ideas on your way to finding out why you chose twinhood. I don't think there is any cut-and-dried explanation of why you chose to be a twin. It's all personal.

About your dreams...if you have time to check the archived posts you will  eventually find posts that are related to your question. Sorry I don't think of any off the top of my head. This topic comes up from time to time and if no one answers your question directly it could be that they've posted on that topic earlier.

IP Logged

Lucy

C1
Reply #3 - Feb 12th, 2005 at 1:50pm

p.s. there are also some posts somewhere about those orbs in photos but you will have to dig for them.....

IP Logged

alysia
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Feb 12th, 2005 at 10:46pm

Quote:
well first of all hello to you all!  Smiley

my brother told me about this website last night, and as the afterlife has always intrigued me,  so i surfed around. i have many questions that i find hard to put into words.

my brother and i are twins. i have heard that the majority of twins are very close with each other, and if this is true, then we are not the exception to the rule. we have never had any bad fights throughout childhood, and if we did then we would always feel compelled to apologise 30 mins later!  Smiley

anyway, my question, for the last 2 years or so we have started to explore this realm of 'spirituality', it started by finding 'orbs' in photos we would take, funnily enough, these never appeared on ANY photos before we knew what they were.  we have also explored dreams - we have both always had very bizarre and vivid dreams. sometimes i am lucid and aware it is happening. sometime i see my grandad, who passed away 2 and a half years ago. i can never see his face clearly, sometimes it doesnt look like him at all, but i just get this *feeling* that it is, does anyone else feel this sometimes in dreams?

we now ponder why we are twins? we both agree that perhaps we were very close in past lives, but we're not sure.

i'm just wondering, if we supposedly choose what type of life we want to lead, then why did i want to be a twin?

sorry, if this was a bit longwinded.

thanks for reading  Smiley

chris

Hello there and welcome! 32 yrs ago I gave birth to identical twin girls and theres never been a dull moment since! my husband noticed the whirls on their hair growth pattern on top went in opposite directions which just goes to show that eggs can split in two after ferilization. be that as it may I did think to ask what is the attraction for each other here. I asked spirit. I heard voices speak to me to the effect one was coming back to be with the other in supportive fashion. one is the more dependent on the other. one appears as the more right brained, dreamy, and creative and a little less inclined to logic and things like paying bills on time, while the other instructs her in the art of balancing a checkbook, planning this or that, and getting rid of boyfriends who just can't cut the mustard . they provide company for one another and live together.  if one has a physical pain the other can feel it sometimes. they often finish each other's sentences. they do fight ferociously but the next moment if u ask them did the fight get settled? they will ask you what fight? the longest they have been apart is a year or two. one follows the other. in high school, one persued rotc disaplines, while the other wore all black, leather, and red lipstick and half her hair shaved off. gasp! this was just a phase.  they appear to complement each other well. they have agreed to separate soon to have their own families and I'm rather surpised they managed to live together for 3 years straight. all 3 of us have been together in different roles in past lives. my feeling is that you are very blessed to have a twin. alysia

IP Logged

Chris Francombe

bristol, england
Reply #5 - Feb 13th, 2005 at 7:34am

thank you alysia, lucy and Raphael for your comments.

alysia, i think you are right about how one supports the other. when we were younger, about 11 or 12 years of age....i feel ashamed to say this, but i hated the fact that i was a twin, i didnt like being around my brother, i didn't feel like an individual. it's funny how things change when you grow up. my twin brother is my best friend. We have had discussions about death and we both agreed that we would miss each other more if we died than our mother or father.

it's also very interesting that you say this - "one appears as the more right brained, dreamy, and creative and a little less inclined to logic and things like paying bills on time, while the other instructs her in the art of balancing a checkbook, planning this or that, and getting rid of boyfriends who just can't cut the mustard . " - because that perfectly describes us, i'm the dreamier one that lacks motivation, and thinks about things beyond this earth, whereas my brother is more....'practical', and his skills of getting by in this world are much greater than mine.

we are both also very musical, and have been from a very young age. is music connected to the afterlife in any way? some people claim that the music we make is given to us from spirits.

IP Logged

Raphael
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Feb 13th, 2005 at 10:21am

Well, don't forget you are sharing the same genes. So everything that is genetic should be the same in both of you (strengths, weaknesses, etc). So it's normal for you two to have, like a interest in music.

This is even more astonishing when you look at twins that were separated at birth and 20 years later you look at them and they are living a similar life.

Two separated twins even had the same kind of house with the same kind of tree in front of it with a swing attached to it. They even had the same kind of wife lol

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.