Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Question About the Perception of the Afterlife... (Read 5104 times)
JG

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Houston, TX
Question About the Perception of the Afterlife...
Jan 28th, 2005 at 4:05pm

...and actually all things involved....meaning, I have these conversations with people I work with and my boss and another co-worker in particular writes EVERYTHING off as just being in people's minds. That the mind is strong enough to create all of these things that are considered "paranormal". Like the idea that mediums exist, or ghosts, or the ability to experience the Afterlife or OOBE is all just the power of the mind to create these things as false reality...even if they do exist. So yes, the Afterlife might exist, but they believe that people claiming to go there or speak to people in the Afterlife is just the strength of the human ming and NOT REAL...which of course makes me unconfortable because I think that is a cop out.

But to play the role of the person who is seeking a higher definition of these things and their meanings, how can you counter an argument like that with FACTS or info that can't be written off as "fake" or "fantasy". I kind of had this talk briefly with Gordon and he enlightened me, but I wanted to get deeper in this and ask people's opinions here....how do you know that everything you do is not just "in your head"...and I will add more once I get some responses, if any....thanks.

-JG

Too much knowledge without proper interpretation is borderline insanity. - JG

IP Logged

Touching Souls

LOVE IS ALL, SHINE YOUR
LIGHT THAT OTHERS MAY
SEE

Metaline Falls, WA
Re: Question About the Perception of the Afterlife
Reply #1 - Jan 28th, 2005 at 4:37pm

JG, eventually you/me/everyone gets to the point where there is an inner KNOWING. It's not something that is easy to explain. I remember reading about that inner knowing and thought, yeah right.  Well, it happened to me and then I realized that I knew what it was. Sometimes it's very hard to convince others of these things. When that happens, then I feel that they just aren't ready for it yet. Don't be discouraged. Everyone is at the place where they are supposed to be on their journey and sometimes we just can't rush it.  Wink

Love,
Mairlyn   Grin

I AM THAT I AM -- WE ARE ALL ONE -- TOUCHING SOULS
Wink
WWW minniecricket2000  
IP Logged

freebird
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Jan 28th, 2005 at 4:39pm

Hi JG,

I also have tendencies towards skepticism.  But I have found quite a few examples of hard evidence supporting claims of an afterlife, NDEs, OBEs, etc.  This helps to overpower my skeptical mind that holds me back from having full belief in the supernatural.

One good example of such evidence is the case of Pam Reynolds.  She had an NDE during brain surgery in which her brain had been drained of blood and there was no electrical activity recorded in any part of her brain.  Unless she is lying, it seems to me her experience is pretty close to proof that human consciousness transcends the brain.  http://www.near-death.com/experiences/evidence01.html

Another reason I believe in an afterlife is because of the resurrection of Jesus.  The Bible contains eyewitness testimony of various people who claimed to see Jesus after he died on the cross.  Many of these people died for their belief, so strongly did they believe Jesus really was still alive.  Also, the Shroud of Turin seems to provide scientific evidence that Jesus really did rise from the grave.  Scientists have not been able to explain this image of a man on an ancient cloth except by the hypothesis that it was the historical Jesus whose body dematerialized into light energy, imprinting the image on the burial cloth -- in other words, some form of resurrection or transition from physical matter into an astral body.  There is all kinds of hard scientific evidence linking the Shroud to Jesus.  The latest finding is that the carbon dating test that supposedly showed the Shroud to be medieval was bogus, because the sample of cloth taken was a medieval repair patch, not the original cloth.  This study has been reported in the news recently.  For more information on the Shroud of Turin, see the excellent website of Barrie Schwortz, a Jewish scientist who has examined the Shroud himself and believes it is really the cloth used to wrap the body of Jesus!  http://www.shroud.com

It is natural to have some skepticism, but the problem is when people refuse even to consider the evidence for phenomena that transcend our ordinary view of reality.  There is a lot of evidence out there, if we are willing to look for it and study it.

Freebird

IP Logged

Bruce Moen
YaBB Administrator

YaBB Admin Land
Reply #3 - Jan 28th, 2005 at 6:18pm

JG,

Facts taken from any source other than one's own direct experience will never, in my opinion, convince anyone else, much less a skeptic.  That said, my approach when someone says it's not real is the Basic Premise I use to teach about our afterlife:

1.  If you can find a way to contact and communicate with a person known to be deceased,

2.  And during this contact you can obtain information from this deceased person you have no other way of knowing except via this contact,

3.  If the information is verified as accurate and true,

4.  Then, you have gathered evidence that this deceased person continues to exist after death.  That is, an afterlife exists.

The trick is that no one can be convinced our afterlife exists by such evidence except the person who gathered that evidence through their own direct experience.

Fortunately, succeeding with the Basic Premise is so simple it is routinely accomplished by ordinary people during a 2 or 5-day workshop.

On my last trip to Poland there were approximately 56 participants in the 5-day workshop in Warsaw.  Every participant experienced successful completion of the Basic premise.

Bruce Moen

IP Logged

dave_a_mbs

Afterlife Knowledge Member

central california
Reply #4 - Jan 30th, 2005 at 5:14pm

Hi JG - I do clinical past life work with meditation and hypnosis, essentially a parallel to Bruce's work. In regression people often recall death by saying, "I've become everything", or "I'm like a drop of water in a bucket. I'm still the drop, but I' also the entire bucket."  One inference is that we simply are no longer restrained by the confines of a body. This is not abnormal, your influence carries your life forces into the world, so that your context is a mirror of your inner self. At death it seems that we become a holomorphism, distributed as one with all parts of the environment. Nothing actually changes except that your identity is no longer restrained within a shell, and everything continues that is not bound up in a local activity, nor self-contradictory. (These ideas work better and are more clear as math expressions showing conservation of nominal definitions in entropy state space.) The various "locations" in the spirit world are states intermediate between localized (earth-bound) and distributed (holomorphic) envisioned appropriately for those working there. This explains why the collective environment, like coffee pots, electrical wiring, creaking houses, magnetic fields on moving recording tapes etc, reflect influences of restless spirits - the spirits are, at least for the moment, influencing parts of the context over which their nature has been spread. You can try this out for yourself with Bruce's methods directly, or if you meditate, get a long resonating tube and focus your attention on its resonances for at least 30 minutes (to allow mental state change) with the ocean or outside air echoes in it, while sending a sense of love and oneness to loved ones in spirit. As you go into meditation and the mind empties of everything except love and oneness, you'll start to hear voices etc. It's a crutch, and imperfect, and it requires full focus. In the 1960's we found some OTC chemicals that enhanced the effect, but they open the door to psychic flies and other stuff, so I advise not.
- dave

life is too short to drink sour wine
IP Logged

Roger B
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Jan 31st, 2005 at 8:12am

Bruce-

It's absolutely nothing short of astonishing that all 56 workshop members obtained info previously unknown to them, from afterlife contacts, and then were able to verify that info from independent third party sources.

That could be a whole new book.  It should put to rest any lingering doubts about the authenticity of such claims.

I know with respect to the workshop I attended, several people reported contacts with those who had died, and had said that the info was not otherwise known to them, but no one had also reported that they were able to independently verify it (at least not during the workshop).

A collection of the accounts from the 56 class members, strictly adhering to the steps of the Basic Premise, would be of immeasurable value.

IP Logged

Ellen2
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Feb 1st, 2005 at 2:18pm

How about indirect proof?  From high school science isn't there something about nothing just ceases to exist, just changes form; i.e. solid to liquid or gas.  How about the wierd, wonderful & hard to grasp world of quantum physics?  There is scientific proof  that stuff exists although we can't see or touch it directly.   How about that nothing else makes sense?  Scores of innocent people being wiped out by natural disasters, horrific accidents, serial killers, bad things happening to good people, etc. don't make sense unless the afterlife, karmic principles, etc. experienced by hordes of sincere people is true.  The alternative is to believe that all these things are random meaningless events.  Is it  scientific to believe  that life is a series of random meaningless events?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.