Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Dream of White Horses (Read 3862 times)
freebird
Ex Member

Dream of White Horses
Jan 27th, 2005 at 2:24pm

Hello friends,

Last night I had a very vivid image in a dream of a herd of white horses.  It was in a beautiful landscape near my home.  I do not remember any of the dream except that I saw these horses running together and they were extremely beautiful, very holy and pure looking, the whitest white!  In ordinary life, I do not have any horses or ride horses, so to dream about horses is not something coming from images in my life.  I think it must be something coming from the spirit.

I looked up dreams about white horses on Google and found some ideas about what it could mean.  I'm just curious to hear people's thoughts here, since this forum is full of insightful people.  Smiley

Thanks for any ideas you can share.

Freebird

IP Logged

Touching Souls

LOVE IS ALL, SHINE YOUR
LIGHT THAT OTHERS MAY
SEE

Metaline Falls, WA
Re: Dream of White Horses
Reply #1 - Jan 27th, 2005 at 3:19pm

In my dreambook, white stands for purity and horse for wild and free.  In Ted Andrew's book "Animal-Speak" it says that if a horse has shown up, it may be time to examine aspects of travel and freedom within your life. Are you feeling consricted? Do you need to move on or allow others to move on? Is it time to assert your freedom and your power in new areas? Are you doing your part to assist civilization within your own envirnoment? Are others? Are you honoring what this civilization has given you? Horse brings with it new journeys. It will teach you how to ride into new directions to awaken and discover your own freedom and power.  Smiley

Of course, as with everything, take what resonates with you and discard the rest.  Wink

Love,
Mairlyn   Grin

I AM THAT I AM -- WE ARE ALL ONE -- TOUCHING SOULS
Wink
WWW minniecricket2000  
IP Logged

Judy Ebbe
Ex Member

Re: Dream of White Horses
Reply #2 - Jan 27th, 2005 at 10:49pm

Hi Freebird,

You may find meaning in this article entitled, "What Color is Your Horse?" - I've quoted in part here: 

"We ride upon our horse of spiritual understanding when we guide our thoughts to various destinations based on our views of what God is teaching us in the Bible. And wherever our thoughts go, sooner or later that is where our lives will go as well. So it is fairly easy to see that a horse, in the Bible, represents how we view the Bible--how we understand the Word of God.

With this in mind, I ask again: What color is your horse? You can have a white one, a red one, a black one, or a pale one.

In our story from Revelation, white is clearly the most desirable color for your horse:

I watched as the Lamb opened the first of the seven seals. Then I heard one of the four living creatures say in a voice like thunder, "Come!" I looked, and there before me was a white horse! Its rider held a bow, and he was given a crown, and he rode out as a conqueror bent on conquest.

In compact language, the white horse symbolizes "people who are engaged in truth from goodness" (Apocalypse Revealed #295, under "The Spiritual Sense"). In other words, we are riding on the white horse when we read the Bible--God's Word--in order to understand spiritual truth so that we can use it in doing good other people according to the Lord's commandment that we should "love one another as he has loved us" (John 13:34).

When we wish to understand God's truth in order to correct our own faults and live good lives of love and service toward others, then we metaphorically have a bow in our hands, and are given a crown, and we ride forth into life as a conqueror bent on conquest. The bow in our hands is a solid rationale for understanding and using the teachings of the Bible. This is important, because as Swedenborg says in our reading from his little book on The White Horse, if we are more interested in our own righteousness and glory than we are in being taught by the Lord, we can draw all kinds of contradictory meanings from the literal meaning of the Bible, and support any false dogma that happens to support our own desires. Only with a true framework for understanding can we gain genuine truth from the Bible. And we develop that true framework for understanding when we go to the Bible not to support our own pet theories and doctrines, but to see what the Lord wants to teach us that will help us be better, more thoughtful, and more loving people.

When we do this, we have a bow in our hands that is a genuine understanding of the Bible's teachings, which we can use to fight off all sorts of false and damaging attitudes and beliefs that would tear us down and reduce us to mental and emotional slavery to various addictive habits and bad ways of living.

And further, we are given a crown, the sign of royalty, symbolizing the victories that we gain over our faulty attitudes and wrong ways of living when we go to God's Word in order to learn and follow what God wants to teach us. Spiritually, we "ride out as a conqueror bent on conquest." Not conquest and domination of others, but conquest over our own inner enemies: the enemies of false thinking and wrong desires. That is the white horse. 

Your dream is beautiful and when viewed form this perspective, it sounds as though you are on a good course in life!

Entire article is located at this link:  http://www.leewoof.org/leewoof/2002/05-12-02.htm

Cheesy

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.