Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 
Send Topic Print
Emanuel Swedenborg's revelations (Read 43091 times)
Alan McDougall

ALK Member

Johannesburg South Africa
Re: Emanuel Swedenborg's revelations
Reply #60 - Apr 18th, 2017 at 3:05am

Swedenborg is more famous for his "fabrications" that he is for his "imaginary" potentially truthful revelations.

The truth remains the truth, no matter what we think the truth is, the truth is the truth regardless

IP Logged

Alan McDougall

ALK Member

Reply #61 - Apr 18th, 2017 at 3:11am

rondele wrote on Apr 17th, 2017 at 7:39pm:
Hi Kathy-

You said "Also along that line, ES indicated that fundamentally, a person's life in the spiritual is based on what he or she really is." And "Throughout ES's writings I've found that he continually deals with inner states of consciousness, which include both the emotional and intellect as companions, rather than opposites, and how these states only become true or real when they are experienced through actions that reflect them".

The trouble I'm having, maybe based on a misunderstanding, is the correlation between the actions one does and his inner state. For example, the brutal actions of ISIS, forcing parents to watch as their children are beheaded and vice versa. Beheading young children and crucifying their bodies.

Or a serial killer who derives pleasure by administration of torture before killing.

Is it possible that people who commit these unspeakable acts have an inner state that corresponds to their actions, or could their actions be attributed to external influences (dictates of a "religion" or brain abnormalities) and thus their inner or spiritual states are pure.?

This is a real conundrum to me.

R
ps- if you or Matthew would like to correspond with Don, pm me.

Some people are intrinsically evil and do not need an outside influence to become evil.

The truth remains the truth, no matter what we think the truth is, the truth is the truth regardless

IP Logged

Alan McDougall

ALK Member

Reply #62 - Apr 18th, 2017 at 5:35am

Lights of Love wrote on Apr 17th, 2017 at 3:06pm:
Hi Roger,

Yes, it is interesting that one of Newton's clients described time as well as progression in a similar way to ES.  ES believed that the spiritual is the actual inner state of a person, along with the psychological aspects of a person, to be life itself or who we really are. 

Also along that line, ES indicated that fundamentally, a person's life in the spiritual is based on what he or she really is.  For example, in this world we are quite capable of deceiving ourselves and others, however in the spiritual world people are essentially sorted out according to what they really are and move toward the essential reality of their existence.  Who we really are is essentially the quality of our being.  The innermost heaven is the innermost quality of mind as he discusses the nature of Heaven.  He states: "Our being spirits inwardly has reference to our capacities for thinking and intending because these are our actual inner natures.  They are what make us human, and the quality of our humanity depends on their quality."  Heaven and Hell 444  When our intent, our motivations and actions stem from love the quality of our being progresses in positive ways.

I agree ES does deserve to be studied.  In my opinion he tried to meticulously describe what he experienced as honestly as possible.

K

Why study the life and works of a pathological liar, beats me? You cannot drink from a glass of the purest water, that has one time drop of cyanide in it, much less than from a glass of water that is half filled up to the brim of the purest deadly cyanide poison.

His "stupid stories" would not make it only the pages of the most nonsensical pulp magazine of outrageous science fiction, rubbish of our contemporary age.

That is my opinion about this person.

Nonsense is nonsense no matter who states it, nonsense remains nonsense.

If Albert Einstein had said on the blazing hot planet Mercury there were little gnome like beings controlling the universe, he might have been locked up into an institution for the crazy by the big men in white clothing.

I do not doubt that ES was smart and yes smart enough to think about such outlandish foolish nonsensical rubbish way back then.

I will now finally leave the thread in its desperate effort of making sense out of nonsense?

IP Logged

SourceLover
Ex Member

Reply #63 - Apr 18th, 2017 at 1:10pm

Alan, did you read my outline about how Swedenborg might have been perceiving other dimensions that the physical Earth dimension (the 3rd) is connected to, and connected these other dimensions with the physical planets? 

He is not the first source to talk about such connections. Many centuries before him, Plato talked about similar theories. Plato was another brilliant mind.

Then after Swedenborg, both Rudolph Steiner and Edgar Cayce also talked about similar connections. Steiner said some questionable things here and there, but it's clear he had some real abilities. 

Think about it this way--everything natural that we perceive in the physical, has it's nonphysical/consciousness counterpart in other dimensions. For humans, we have our Souls.  For trees, plants, etc there are the fairies, gnomes, and woodchuck Souls that imbue these living things.  Well, Planets might seem dead to us on the physical level, but they have their own "Soul" to in a sense. 

Each Planet in our Solar system, is like a specific major dimension in a system that the physical Earth is only one level of.  Edgar Cayce's guidance said that in our system, there are 8 dimensions, with the 8th being a doorway/gateway into other, more expanded systems (the Star Arcturus).  Hence, in a sense, there are 7 main dimensions directly connect to our system. 

It's very possible that Swedenborg was perceiving these truths of other dimensions with a connection to our physical planets, but overly materializing them.  The point is, there is a "afterlife" dimensional equivalent of "Mercury" where a collection of Souls are focused in, and that dimension has certain traits, properties, attributes.  Mercury for this instance is the dimension of the mind and of information. Its connected to the "all or no time" that people connected to Bob Monroe and his Institute call "Focus 15".  Here, you can view anything that has every happened in human history, as well as probable futures.  Among other things. 

Swedenborg wasn't so much outright lying, as somewhat misinterpreting and garbling a bit.  He was a pioneer at a time when there was very, very, very little direct knowledge about the nonphysical.  He was one of the original "Bob Monroe's", well before Bob Monroe, but more attached to religion than was Bob.

Among other things, I started looking into and researching astrology at age 13, and now I'm almost 40.  I can definitely say there is something to astrology over the many years of my experience/research/practice. For some years, I did free charts for people, and most of the time, people were amazed by the insights into their character and life.  The reason why, is because we live in a reality of fundamental Oneness, where one level can reflect or mirror another level.

Particularly with the physical Planets, they directly represent these other afterlife dimensions that we move and phase through as we spiritually grow in or degrade through our physical lives as we use our Creator given Will.  I've come to view astrology NOT as a CAUSE, but an effect--more specifically a symbolic consciousness language of effects and indications.  Sort of like hands on a giant cosmic clock.  Neither the physical Planets nor the "signs" directly cause anything, but as the Bible states, "The Sun, Moon, and Stars were given [by the Creator] as SIGNS".

The consistently friendly, kind, more regularly loving of us, phase to the 4 dimension after their physical body dies, which is represented by Venus primarily. But, the interesting thing is, each of the 7 major dimensions, also each have 7 sub dimensions within them.  These all have their symbolic correspondence to a different Planet in our Solar system. 

If a person wants to know what dimension they came into the Earth from--it's easy to find out--most often, it's either the Planet in their astrological chart, which is closest to their what astrologers call the Ascendant or Rising degree, or to the Mid Heaven degree, or otherwise the most strong and highlighted Planet.  The great thing though, is that we have freewill and can grow beyond that.  We may have come here from the dimension that say Venus symbolizes, BUT, if we live our life right and make positive choices in a consistent sense, when we leave the Earth, we may phase into the dimension that say Jupiter or the Sun represents (both of these are much more expanded and more Universally Love attuned than the dimension that Venus represents). 

Note that even Paul in the NT talked about the different levels of heaven.  He stated that he had an OBE type experience and was brought to the 3rd heaven (I suspect that he was experiencing the 3rd sub dimension of the 4th dimension).  These ARE the different nonphysical dimensions, and the physical Earth is very much part of and connected to this whole system.

I realize this is kind of a different and odd way for most to look at our reality, but astrology is as old as humans, and many, many, many different cultures had their version of same.  The Bible actually supports proper astrological use, but at the same time denounces improper astrological use. Such an improper astrological use, would be to try to predict someone's future based on astrology.  One runs into a lot of potential problems and issues with such a use, and often people will be inaccurate.  It's not good form, and potentially harmful, to give people inaccurate information which can overly affect their lives in a negative way.  This is why the Bible was/is against the "divination" aspect of astrology.  Yet, the 3 Wise men that came to visit and give gifts to the baby Yeshua, were most definitely astrologers and philosophers from places like Persia where these beliefs were central to their overall philosophy ("We saw his Star").  Then there are the the different quotes about the different Stars, or that the Sun, Moon, and Stars were given by the Creator as signs in the Bible. 

The problem that astrology and astrologers run into, is that people have freewill.  A person's chart might outline their strongest tendencies and character traits, but people can and do change by using their Creator given will.  Edgar Cayce's guidance talked a fair amount about and supported astrology, BUT they ever, ever cautioned that the will of humans was the most important aspect, and could override any astrological indications of tendency. 

A much more accurate and up to date way to read people and their Souls, is that of Aura. Unlike an astrological chart, which a fixed snap shot in space/time of their Soul in a symbolic form, the Aura of a person changes constantly according to how a person uses or abuses their Will. The frequency of the colors indicate either growth or stagnation.  The closer to the violet, golden, and especially the White Light a person's aura becomes, the more they are growing.  The closer to the red and severe lack of Light (perceived as black or darkness), the more they are retarding spiritually. 

Most of us though, are a curious admixture of both slow, mid, and high vibratory influences/traits, and our aura's show this correspondingly with various different colors and tones. There are very, very, very few people walking around with completely pure, brilliant, White Light auras in a consistent sense.  Such a person, would be like Yeshua, completely a pure channel of what Bruce calls PUL (Pure, Unconditional Love). 

IP Logged

SourceLover
Ex Member

Reply #64 - Apr 18th, 2017 at 1:40pm

I should add as far as auras go, some of us do occasionally attune to and radiate the Golden and White Light, but it's usually temporary, and if we are meditating, praying, doing service work, a moment of unusual selfless kindness to another, in a spiritually focused group, laughing our butts off in a healthy, non mean to others way, etc

I've yet to meet a person in this particular life, that only ever has a pure, radiant, brilliant, White Light aura all the time. Yet, that pure, constant attunement to the consciousness of PUL, which the pure White Light symbolizes/reflects, is the goal of most of our Souls, whether unconsciously or consciously.  Most of us come here to this difficult dimension (physical Earth) to try to grow more towards that.

IP Logged

Recoverer 2

ALK Member

South San Francisco
Reply #65 - Apr 18th, 2017 at 5:14pm

While human Robert Monroe made contact with his spirit friends, Bruce Moen did so, I have done so, and so have others. I understand being careful and using discrimination, but is it really wrong for people to make contact with spirit friends--beings they knew before then incarnated in this world?

IP Logged

rondele

ALK Member

Virginia
Reply #66 - Apr 18th, 2017 at 8:05pm

Albert, it would only be wrong and possibly dangerous if the friend is not who you think it is. Personally I would err on the side of caution.

R

IP Logged

seagull
Ex Member

Reply #67 - Apr 18th, 2017 at 8:48pm

I'm curious. How do you know anyone is who they are?

IP Logged

rondele

ALK Member

Virginia
Reply #68 - Apr 18th, 2017 at 9:01pm

rondele wrote on Apr 17th, 2017 at 7:39pm:
Hi Kathy-

You said "Also along that line, ES indicated that fundamentally, a person's life in the spiritual is based on what he or she really is." And "Throughout ES's writings I've found that he continually deals with inner states of consciousness, which include both the emotional and intellect as companions, rather than opposites, and how these states only become true or real when they are experienced through actions that reflect them".

The trouble I'm having, maybe based on a misunderstanding, is the correlation between the actions one does and his inner state. For example, the brutal actions of ISIS, forcing parents to watch as their children are beheaded and vice versa. Beheading young children and crucifying their bodies.

Or a serial killer who derives pleasure by administration of torture before killing.

Is it possible that people who commit these unspeakable acts have an inner state that corresponds to their actions, or could their actions be attributed to external influences (dictates of a "religion" or brain abnormalities) and thus their inner or spiritual states are pure.?

This is a real conundrum to me.

R
ps- if you or Matthew would like to correspond with Don, pm me.

Kathy, I forgot to ask you if ES ever indicated directly or indirectly a belief in reincarnation based on his explorations.

R

IP Logged

SourceLover
Ex Member

Reply #69 - Apr 19th, 2017 at 4:19am

rondele wrote on Apr 18th, 2017 at 8:05pm:
Albert, it would only be wrong and possibly dangerous if the friend is not who you think it is. Personally I would err on the side of caution.

R

Recently I said this to Goldyflocks, "Also, when you open up self in meditation, it's important to pray/set an intention to only open up yourself to and communicate and commune with helpful, loving, constructive sources that have your best interests in mind."

Such prayers are powerful. Reality works on two main principles, Like attracts, begets, and resonates with Like, and the Biblical injunction of "ask and you shall receive, knock and it shall be opened etc"

When we just meditate or make the intention of communicating with "guidance" in an open ended way, most often, what we attract to us as far as "guidance" or in general, works on a Like attracts and begets Like basis.  That's great if you're really attuned to Love, very positive, and very balanced. 

Since most of us don't fall under that and rarely all the time, we need to use the Biblically talked about method of specific asking for. 

If you specifically pray/intend/ask to communicate and commune with only the most helpful, loving, aware, creative-constructive sources and those these may send, then you cover your bases.  It helps to set up a powerful, automatic shielding from potentially hindering sources. Especially if you ask the above with help in that.

Having faith in this process, and knowing your prayers will be answered, is also an important part of the process as well.   

Most of the outer sources that I've come across that have struck me as rather off in some ways, didn't go into communication with "guidance" in similar kind of way.  For example, one approached it via Ouija board. The person who did so, was a sensationalist, whom just wanted contact and experience with something unusual and non material. Also was overly attached to fame/notoriety. All the above conspired to attract a clever, but deceptive and hindering source. 

Otherwise, if one is taking the necessary, pragmatic precautions as talked about above, no need for fear.  And this coming from someone who use to meditate and open self up in an unwise manner and had major difficulties partially from it (strong, constant, and hard to shake suicidal thoughts and feelings).  Lo and behold, when I asked the most expanded, loving, helpful, etc sources for protection and help, it was like a major weight was lifted. 

Instead of advocating fear and caution, why not instead stress proper and helpful methods?  You seem to be open minded to the Bible at the least, well some of the above is Biblically based.  You seem to respect Albert.  Do you think Albert is in touch with negative/hindering nonphysicals and/or can't tell the difference between Love based individuals and those that seek to bring us down?  Part of what helps Albert besides being who and how he is, is that often he seeks specifically/consciously to communicate with God, Christ, his higher self, and individuals one with these. 

That is similar to what I advocate when praying/intending to communicate and commune with only the most loving, helpful, spiritual, expanded, etc sources.

IP Logged

Alan McDougall

ALK Member

Reply #70 - Apr 19th, 2017 at 6:09am

I believe that in the afterlife it is strictly "birds of a feather flock together"

The means of communication in the afterlife is mind to mind in pictures, or in words also by means of telepathy.

Imagine having the filthy hideous minds of the most depraved filling your minds with its unimaginable horror.

Thus our afterlife companions are/will be people just like or very close to us. with the filth of the depraved filtered out by some method instituted by God to avoid pollution between souls.

That is my two-cent peace/

IP Logged

Lights of Love

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Reply #71 - Apr 19th, 2017 at 3:32pm

Hi Roger,

That's a really good question.  I don't know as though there is a simple answer, especially from our human perspective.   

I think it is the intent or motivation beneath the action that counts in whether or not our consciousness evolves in beneficial ways.  Universal intent or purpose has no adversary, meaning that the creative principal in the universe evolves and functions unhindered towards what I'll call love.  That is its intent, function and purpose and nothing can be in opposition.  This is what I believe to be pure potential that exists beneath a system of consciousness of which we as an individualized consciousness are a part of.  We are like worker bees helping this system to evolve.  We do this by evolving our own consciousness, which in turns helps the greater system to further evolve toward love.  Since the ELS has been around for quite awhile, what we do here (learning by experiencing separation and duality) must be working otherwise it would be in opposition to universal intent and would die out, or be eliminated one way or another. 

We can recognize changes in our state of consciousness easier when we are "in" a physical body because of the body's natural reactionary feedback mechanisms that produce hormones that we experience as pain or pleasure, which is probably one of the main reasons we are here in the ELS.  Not always, but sometimes this can be confusing to us because even when our intent or motivation is harmful and the resulting action taken causes harm to another person, pleasure can be felt.  The reason is because it is the movement of energy through the body that feels good.  This is true for both positive and negative emotions.  It is the expression of them that can produce pleasure.

Another example is the words we speak and how we say them.  A set of words has a normally accepted meaning, but the way in which we convey them can change their meaning considerably depending on the energy of our feelings.  How we deliver those words conveys exactly what we intend.  For example, one can say "I love you" with love, or with repugnance, or with pleading, or with a false tone that actually means "I hate you."  We can have any number of different intentions beneath the words we speak as well as the actions we take. 

Some of our higher wants and desires come from good intent, but may also serve the purpose of assuaging fear.  When our intent is also to assuage fear we have cross-purposes that interfere with our creativity and we find it difficult to create what we want.  However, when what we truly want is aligned with universal purpose, no adversary exists and the creative principal in the universe can function unhindered and I think this may have been what ES was getting at when he said, " these states only become true or real when they are experienced through actions that reflect them" or in other words whenever we have good/loving intent, and it is experienced by taking appropriate action that reflects that intent, do we align with universal intent/purpose of evolving towards love, does the quality of our consciousness evolve.  Clearly it is a slow process, but apparently incarnating as a human speeds things along in ways that are beneficial.

It makes sense to me that everyone at the very core of their being is pure potential, or God stuff, a mystical essence or substance where there's an underlying intent to evolve according to universal purpose.  Our core consists of more intrinsic qualities of course, but this is getting long.  As that potential, the beginning state of a soul, interacts within various systems, realities, etc., it's state changes to where it becomes individualized consciousness according to its experiences and the entity learns, progresses, evolves. 

I'm not aware of ES discussing reincarnation, but that doesn't mean he didn't.  I know there's been a lot of discussion both for and against on this board.  Personally, it's never been a big issue for me.  I don't see any reason why it wouldn't be possible.

K

Tread softly through life with a tender heart and a gentle, understanding spirit.

IP Logged

SourceLover
Ex Member

Reply #72 - Apr 19th, 2017 at 10:49pm

Quote:
I believe that in the afterlife it is strictly "birds of a feather flock together"

Yes, mostly agree on that. Much of it is about natural Like attracts, begets, and resonates with Like. 

But picture the Earth-Solar Consciousness system of interconnected dimensions like a color wheel of sorts. Each specific color is like a specific, major dimension.  Yet, the colors all blend into one another and are part of a Whole system.  And what makes the difference between red and yellow perception wise? 

The rate of vibration. The 7 main dimensions of the Earth-Solar Consciousness system are much like this as well.  The lower, hellish areas of the Afterlife are like the red part of the color wheel spectrum, and the expanded dimensions where you find the helpers/guides/retriever types are like the blue and faster vibratory colors beyond blue, part of the color wheel spectrum. 

It is indeed a very apt analogy because there are actual consciousness correspondences between these different consciousnesses/dimensional states and the physical colors we perceive. 

And each one of these major dimensions/consciousness states that Souls get attracted to post Earth life, also have a correspondence not only with a specific color range, but also with a specific Planet.

If for example, you ever meet a person that consistently radiates a lot of Golden Light frequency in their aura, then chances are, they came into the physical 3rd Earth dimension from the nonphysical dimension that corresponds to the Sun aka the most expanded, fastest vibratory dimension connected to this particular consciousness system that the physical earth is the hub of. 

Chances are also that this individual has the symbol of the Sun also very strong in their astrological chart.  A real life example of this is the Dali Lama.  The Dali Lama radiates a lot of Golden, and golden yellow frequencies in his aura.   Interestingly, in his astrological chart, he also has the Sun very strong--it's his single most highlighted symbol. Another real life example is a friend of mine here.

It's well to remember that as wise as we become, or think we are, there are always more expanded views to be had.  I've been studying and researching all these interrelating correspondences for some two decades now.

I'm not basing this on idle beliefs and cavalier hypotheses.  Swedenborg was picking up on some of these truths, but again, overlaying too much physical metaphor onto them.  For example, "Jupitarians" aka Souls focused in a certain, expanded nonphysical dimension (of which we can connect the color of purple/violet to) don't literally stoop over or ride small but powerful horses.  That's call interpreter interference and material mind overlay. 

Jupiterian Souls are in actuality long time, more advanced helper/retreiver types. They've been around the block, and are getting close to graduation out of this system.  Their next stop is the Solar dimension and then out of this system to phase to more expanded systems.  When Souls from this dimension incarnate into the Earth, often they have purple or violet colors strong and primary in their aura. Other things also commonly go along with such Souls, such as an unusual degree of sincerity and honesty, a innate broad mindedness and tolerance, a sense of inner power, often a lot of vitality, often deal with groups, even large groups or amounts of people, often very service oriented, often have strong spiritual and/or philosophical leanings, often psychic beyond the norm, etc. 

And if they come into the Earth direct from this dimension, then the Planet Jupiter as a symbol, will be the strongest/most highlighted in their astrological chart. 

Again, I know very few people and sources talk about these things and it seems quite foreign to people's thinking, but if you're curious about whether or not these interconnections are true, then one can pray and meditate about it. 

« Last Edit: Apr 19th, 2017 at 11:54pm by N/A »  

IP Logged

SourceLover
Ex Member

Reply #73 - Apr 20th, 2017 at 12:09am

For a real life example of a human whose Soul came here from the dimension that Jupiter corresponds to, Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. is one such "Jupitarian".  In his chart, Jupiter is the planet closest to his Ascendant/Rising degree. He indeed led a very combo Jupitarian, Venusian, Capricorn, Taurean, and Piscean lifetime (his strongest symbols).

I think he probably phased into the Solar and/or Arcturian dimensions after he left here. Perhaps he is one of those whom had already left this system for more expanded ones and then came back for service reasons. 

I haven't looked at the special kind of Star charts that would show that, via mainly Arcturus's condition/position in his chart.

This knowledge is actually very ancient knowledge.  The earlier Egyptians knew of these Planet and Stellar to dimensional connections. It was a central part of their belief systems, which later got corrupted. According to Cayce's guidance, a past life influence of his in Egypt, Ra Ta, intuitively figured out all the holistic connections between these different levels and came up with a coherent system, which later became central to the Egyptian religious/spiritual beliefs. .

IP Logged

SourceLover
Ex Member

Reply #74 - Apr 21st, 2017 at 12:36am

I should add that the Sun was very strong in Dr. King's chart as well.  Perhaps even stronger than Jupiter, so he actually may have phased into this dimension from the nonphysical dimension that the Sun represents. 

The Sun is very close to his MC (also referred to as the Mid-Heaven, which in most systems is also the start of the 10th House).  His Sun is also in the active, Cardinal Sign of Capricorn which lends it some strength as well, since there is a loose connection between the archetypes of the Angular Houses (most sensitive areas of a chart) and the concept of Cardinal Signs. 

In astrology the Ascendant degree, and the MC degree are usually the two most sensitive areas of a chart, and any Planets near these areas, especially if "conjunct" (within a certain distance degree wise), are often quite prominent and highlighted.  It's interesting that Dr. King had the two fastest vibratory/most expanded symbols and Planets strongest in his chart. 

While he had his lacks and things to work on, he was a true (and rarely so) Christian in many deep respects.  Certainly his Soul was unusually fast vibratory/expanded, just as a deeper look into his astrological chart and it's connection to the nonphysical dimensions, indicates plainly.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.