Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 7
Send Topic Print
Emanuel Swedenborg's revelations (Read 43085 times)
Recoverer 2

ALK Member

South San Francisco
Re: Emanuel Swedenborg's revelations
Reply #15 - Mar 17th, 2017 at 5:44pm

Dude, thank you for the response.

Regarding Paul Selig, I looked into him only a little. I read some of his books at Amazon. Some of the things he said sound okay, but I found it questionable that early on the being Paul channeled asked people to open up their crown chakras so they could enter them. I wonder how many people have opened up to such beings without knowing who they are. What I read sounds cultish.  Sounded like you have to commit to working with Paul and the beings Paul channels.

That I am word business didn't seem right to me. I've put a lot of effort into trying to grow spiritually and it never included repeating things such as "I am word."

Several years ago at some forum Paul was speaking as if his source is comparable to Seth and ACIM, I shared some of my thoughts about such sources and questioned what he is channeling, and he became quite defensive.

The double-speak thing he does while channeling seems questionable.  First he speaks with a voice that sounds demonic, and then he speaks in a regular voice. Perhaps it would be good to take this as a clue.

I can't say with complete certainty what Paul is about, but perhaps people can grow spiritually without getting involved with a channeler who channels  a being that hasn't been clearly identified.

Regarding the things Paul says that sound correct, going by what I felt when I experienced the presence of demon-like beings, some of them are quite intelligent. Apparently, intelligent enough to understand what they have to say in order to gain followers. Not much different than what deceitful people do.

IP Logged

Recoverer 2

ALK Member

South San Francisco
Reply #16 - Mar 18th, 2017 at 12:04pm

Oh by the way, the beings Paul channels are so giving, they allow him to charge $400.00 for a one hour reading and $250.00 for a half hour reading. I don't like to be a flip wiseguy, but give me a break.

IP Logged

Justin
Ex Member

Reply #17 - Mar 19th, 2017 at 6:41pm

Recoverer 2 wrote on Mar 18th, 2017 at 12:04pm:
Oh by the way, the beings Paul channels are so giving, they allow him to charge $400.00 for a one hour reading and $250.00 for a half hour reading. I don't like to be a flip wiseguy, but give me a break.

Yeshua used to say you could know a source by their fruits.  I think his teaching/saying could be updated for our modern, ultra materialistic/capitalistic times--you can know a source by a combo of their fruits and how much material compensation they ask in return of their spiritual service--the more they ask for less the time/work on their part, the higher the chance they are not particularly genuine or truly working with Source attuned levels. 

Personally, I don't want and certainly don't need a red Porsche or the like. When I get my basic material needs met, shelter, food, medical, etc, I feel pretty content and blessed for the most part, most of the time. Our only consistent luxury is travel--and that's more my spouse than myself (she is quite literally addicted to traveling).   

I think Swedenborg would probably agree?  Another one of those truths which are uncomfortable to many humans. 

IP Logged

Justin
Ex Member

Reply #18 - Mar 21st, 2017 at 5:39pm

Hi Alan,

Don't know if you remember or not, but awhile back, I gave a lengthy explanation of why I prefer to use "Yeshua" instead of "Jesus".  To sum it up very briefly/narrowly, it's my little rebellion to the Romanization of his teachings and movement.  I very much dislike why and how Rome became involved in using and manipulating his teachings/movement. 

Also, if I had a friend, whom say was from Puerto Rico and was born with and used the name of Jose--I wouldn't call him "Joe" because I'm an English speaker.  I believe it would be more respectful to call such friends by their given birth names. 

I don't think this Yeshua/Jesus individual particularly cares what we call him or not--he got a chuckle out of Bob Monroe labeling him as "He/She", "What I heard was a warm chuckle", then He/She says "I've never had that name before.". It's just MY preference and for a few reasons.  Besides the above points/issues, my Spirit/Disk had a life then (actually, a couple simultaneously), and both selves knew Yeshua in person.  These lifetimes are a bit of an influence in my present life.

Again, it's a personal preference. This is not really an important issue, especially not one worth arguing about.  If you like Vanilla flavors and I prefer Chocolate flavors, I'm not going to tell you that your preference is wrong and that you should change it. It's completely inconsequential in the grand scheme of things. Would be a waste of my breath/time as well as yours.

There is no need to tell me my preference is wrong and that I should change it.  If it comes to an important and/or more universal issue, please feel free to try convince me about it.  I really don't mind people preaching at me; tend to find it amusing more than anything and if I sense sincerity on their part, then I try to listen to their argument/logic. 

In any case, peace brother Alan.  I hope we can become friends in the afterlife--I get the sense that you have a pretty amazing and awesome Soul.    

IP Logged

Alan McDougall

ALK Member

Johannesburg South Africa
Reply #19 - Mar 22nd, 2017 at 3:21am

Quote:
   Hi Alan,

Don't know if you remember or not, but awhile back, I gave a lengthy explanation of why I prefer to use "Yeshua" instead of "Jesus".  To sum it up very briefly/narrowly, it's my little rebellion to the Romanization of his teachings and movement.  I very much dislike why and how Rome became involved in using and manipulating his teachings/movement. 

Also, if I had a friend, whom say was from Puerto Rico and was born with and used the name of Jose--I wouldn't call him "Joe" because I'm an English speaker.  I believe it would be more respectful to call such friends by their given birth names. 

I don't think this Yeshua/Jesus individual particularly cares what we call him or not--he got a chuckle out of Bob Monroe labeling him as "He/She", "What I heard was a warm chuckle", then He/She says "I've never had that name before.". It's just MY preference and for a few reasons.  Besides the above points/issues, my Spirit/Disk had a life then (actually, a couple simultaneously), and both selves knew Yeshua in person.  These lifetimes are a bit of an influence in my present life.

Again, it's a personal preference. This is not really an important issue, especially not one worth arguing about.  If you like Vanilla flavors and I prefer Chocolate flavors, I'm not going to tell you that your preference is wrong and that you should change it. It's completely inconsequential in the grand scheme of things. Would be a waste of my breath/time as well as yours.

There is no need to tell me my preference is wrong and that I should change it.  If it comes to an important and/or more universal issue, please feel free to try convince me about it.  I really don't mind people preaching at me; tend to find it amusing more than anything and if I sense sincerity on their part, then I try to listen to their argument/logic. 

In any case, peace brother Alan.  I hope we can become friends in the afterlife--I get the sense that you have a pretty amazing and awesome Soul.    

Hi Justin,

I accept without any reservations your well thought out explanation as to why you prefer to call Jesus Yashua, and from now on promise, not to again, make an unnecessary issue about it.

By the way Justin did you know both you and I are freckle face redheads, although due to my advanced age my hair has turned totally-white? (I also wear eyeglasses)

The truth remains the truth, no matter what we think the truth is, the truth is the truth regardless

IP Logged

Justin
Ex Member

Reply #20 - Mar 22nd, 2017 at 8:23am

Hi Alan, thank you for understanding.  Yes, I remember that we both have strong Celtic (which is actually originally Atlantean--the Atlanteans were the "red" ethnicity) heritage.

(Edit to add in reply to Recoverer's reply after mine. This body has plenty of same on arms etc, but not so much on face anymore. )
« Last Edit: Mar 22nd, 2017 at 5:00pm by N/A »  

IP Logged

Recoverer 2

ALK Member

South San Francisco
Reply #21 - Mar 22nd, 2017 at 11:21am

I've seen Justin in person twice and didn't notice the freckles. I guess he doesn't have a lot. Sorry to go off topic, I don't know what Justin's freckles have to do with Swedenborg.  Smiley

IP Logged

Alan McDougall

ALK Member

Reply #22 - Mar 22nd, 2017 at 10:07pm

Recoverer 2 wrote on Mar 22nd, 2017 at 11:21am:
I've seen Justin in person twice and didn't notice the freckles. I guess he doesn't have a lot. Sorry to go off topic, I don't know what Justin's freckles have to do with Swedenborg.  Smiley

Nothing really, it is just long ago Justin mentioned in a post of his that he had red hair and freckles.

Maybe his freckles sort of merged like mine did in later life and our hair color became brownish instead, like mine did as a teenager. Sadly I am now snow white!  Smiley Wink

A

The truth remains the truth, no matter what we think the truth is, the truth is the truth regardless

IP Logged

Alan McDougall

ALK Member

Reply #23 - Mar 23rd, 2017 at 7:18am

Quote:
Hi Alan, thank you for understanding.  Yes, I remember that we both have strong Celtic (which is actually originally Atlantean--the Atlanteans were the "red" ethnicity) heritage.

(Edit to add in reply to Recoverer's reply after mine. This body has plenty of same on arms etc, but not so much on face anymore. )

Same with me!

IP Logged

I Am Dude

Reply #24 - Apr 5th, 2017 at 10:29am

Lately I've been contemplating the nature of the holy trinity of YHWH and researching the various viewpoints regarding same, trying to get an accurate sense of the concept as written in scripture. Swedenborg says the following in the very beginning of his book Heaven and Hell:

Quote:
I have often talked with angels about this, and their consistent testimony has been that in heaven they cannot divide the Divine into three because they both know and perceive that the Divine is one and that this “one” is in the Lord. They have also told me that when people arrive from earth with the idea of three divine beings they cannot be admitted to heaven. This is because their thinking vacillates between one opinion and the other, and in heaven they are not allowed to think “three” and say “one.”

This statement may seem to indicate a unitarian position rather than trinitarian, although I am aware that Swedenborg discusses the trinity in more detail in other works which I've yet to read, so my understanding of his position is still incomplete.

But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things will be added unto you.

IP Logged

Alan McDougall

ALK Member

Reply #25 - Apr 12th, 2017 at 10:48am

Swedenborg sometime brilliant writing became befuddled with ridiculous nonsense, such as little entities on the hot as hell planet mercury controlling the universe.

IP Logged

I Am Dude

Reply #26 - Apr 13th, 2017 at 9:29pm

In my study of the Bible, I've come to learn that God actually forbids contacting and communicating with spirits and deceased humans. So coming from the perspective that the Bible is truly God's word, it makes sense that any spirit communicating with a living human will not be a spirit of God, at least not when the contact is initiated by the human, as God's angels would clearly follow God's word, and thus it seems we are dealing almost entirely with deceptive spirits and fallen angels whether it be through channeling, out of body travel, etc. This raises some major questions as to the validity of Swedenborg's writings, especially those which come from dialogues with "angels."

But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things will be added unto you.

IP Logged

DocM

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Reply #27 - Apr 13th, 2017 at 10:33pm

Vincent,

There are many instances in the bible where angels come to give messages to the people of Israel via spiritual communication.  There are also several passages dissuading the people of Israel from communicating with mediums or spirits.  Mostly this seemed to relate to straying from the worship of God, to worship other deities.

I suppose it depends on your belief system.  If you choose to believe that the Old and New Testaments are to be taken literally, then your belief system will limit you.  Thus orthodox and religious Jews will not shave their facial hair or eat pork.  Yet various reforms have been made over the centuries.  Christians at some point decided that they need not follow the biblical commands of the old testament to keep Kosher, etc. as they were given a new testament.  Yet these laws were never specifically lifted or dismissed.

I would never get in the way of a person and their belief system, except to say this.  A quote I rather like from Marianne Williamson: "Nothing binds you, except your thoughts;  Nothing limits you, except your fear; and nothing controls you, except your beliefs."

IP Logged

Alan McDougall

ALK Member

Reply #28 - Apr 14th, 2017 at 2:14am

I Am Dude wrote on Apr 13th, 2017 at 9:29pm:
In my study of the Bible, I've come to learn that God actually forbids contacting and communicating with spirits and deceased humans. So coming from the perspective that the Bible is truly God's word, it makes sense that any spirit communicating with a living human will not be a spirit of God, at least not when the contact is initiated by the human, as God's angels would clearly follow God's word, and thus it seems we are dealing almost entirely with deceptive spirits and fallen angels whether it be through channeling, out of body travel, etc. This raises some major questions as to the validity of Swedenborg's writings, especially those which come from dialogues with "angels."

Exactly and you wanted to ban me from commenting or contributing in this thread?
« Last Edit: Apr 14th, 2017 at 10:54am by Alan McDougall »  

IP Logged

rondele

ALK Member

Virginia
Reply #29 - Apr 14th, 2017 at 10:22am

I agree with Alan and Dude. Trying  to communicate with the afterlife, including those who we think are helpful guides, is a fool's errand. I also think ES at some level understood that. Some of his outlandish "findings" like life on Venus or the moon should be a huge red flag. Strange that ES knew about the deception and yet put that stuff in his books.

Remember also that RAM wrote that he met a miniature version of W. C. Fields from another planet, who told Bob his mission was to collect jokes to cheer up his unhappy planet. Not to mention the infamous sexual pile.

R

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 7
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.