Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
The difference between near death experiences and (Read 5152 times)
Alan McDougall

South Africa
The difference between near death experiences and
Jun 17th, 2012 at 3:22am

Differences between the near death experience, out of body events and hallucinations or dreaming

Hi forum,

Many people think that NDE are just hallucinations, dreams or visions caused by oxygen starvation of the brain while in a state of crises or halfsleep state.

Let’s look at these options below,

Before much was known about the phenomenon of the NDE, they were simply dismissed by doctors and others as hallucinations or a by-product of the increasingly dysfunctional brain during its dying process.

Unlike the mostly vivid and beautiful, peaceful, lucid, ordered and logical NDE hallucinations are varied, bizarre, and extremely idiosyncratic and peculiar and upsetting in content Hallucinations take place while the person is awake, while most NDE take place when the person is clinically dead, but not always, some experience a deep NDE while in a coma as I did while very ill during 1992. NDE are very uniform from one another experience to the next with very similar events regardless of the persons belief systems.

Virtually all NDEs display a logical progression of identifiable stages and take place most of the time when the person was clinically dead as was in my NDE last August 2012

Those who have experienced both NDE and hallucinations say that they are profoundly different, the first peaceful and beautiful, the other disturbing in the extreme.

Dreams are like wise mostly symbolic or nonsensical in content

Generally a NDE is the same in content, regardless of religious beliefs, no religious beliefs or even a committed atheist.

Here are the general stages of most NDE

Stage one, at the moment of clinical death there is a deep profound sense of well-being of such peace beyond words to describe a total peace never explained adequately in words on return to life. It can be such a transcended experience that there is a relief from all earthly concerns

Stage two, is the separation of the body with many people saying their hearing, sight are extremely acute some blind people say for the first time they are able to see by what I call mind- sight. Some people enter what is called the realm of darkness or void but never remain there, just call for the light and you are in the light

Stage three, is when most people feel that their is a decision to be made, whether the shall continue on this journey or return to the living Here most often the life review happens, which is generally positive not reproachful or condemning

Then a presence (Being of Light) appears which usually communicates directly mind to mind by some sort of telepathy. Some are taken by this entity of long deep and profound journeys into strange realms, planes and dimensions, some claim to have even observed the creation of the universe with this Being of Light. I think they are angels.

Many people say they then see the spirits of deceased loved ones. At this stage some are asked to make a decision either to return to life or remain, of course they are told to go back some try really hard to bargain with the light entity to remain but are sent back, nevertheless

Stage four, typically at this stage it is seeing the LIGHT as was in my case the light replaced the darkness by a brilliant golden light, which I am sure is God most NDEs simply end at this time!

Then some go on to actually enter the LIGHT, which is like entering another world of unspeakable beauty, with beautiful flowers, butterflies gardens, meadows and colours of extreme beauty that don’t exist in the physical plane

Stage five, you are gone and never return to those on earth you are dead

I think this is paradise Eden reclaimed.

I don’t think these stages are set in stone; one might skip some or even go through other stages that I am not aware of, yet

I hope this has proved interesting to the forum!!

Love

Alan

Blessings and Light

Alan McDougall
WWW <a href= <a href=  
IP Logged

Mogenblue

dutch spirit

Amsterdam
Re: The difference between near death experiences and
Reply #1 - Jun 17th, 2012 at 6:33am

Alan McDougall wrote on Jun 17th, 2012 at 3:22am:
Virtually all NDEs display a logical progression of identifiable stages and take place most of the time when the person was clinically dead as was in my NDE last August 2012

I like your post very much Alan. But August 2012 has not occured yet. That's a typo.
You also must have had some serious accidents in your life.

It makes me quite curious to experience the Afterlife myself. On the other hand, if I would be able to do so with an OBE I might get very disillusioned with life here on Earth. I think you need to stand very strong in your shoes to keep on living a normal life if you are able to switch between here and there. I have never had an OBE or NDE, but I do have my spiritual guides that help me here and there.

But the promise of such Afterlife from many different people, like yourself, makes it worthwile to work on your inner self to attune yourself to a sphere of light, to become a loving and serving person so that, BY GOD, those spheres will be mine as well.

A View into the Hereafter
Only by serving and loving the life of God, the human being conquers his Universe
IP Logged

Focus27

ALK Member

Reply #2 - Jun 17th, 2012 at 4:50pm

I disagree.

NDE's vary greatly from report to report implying that the experience is in fact a hallucination. Further, the basic NDE which is most commonly reported is also what a lot of people are already hoping and expecting making it further suspect.

The only thing that possibly implies something otherwise is an OBE while NDE in which the person actually floats up and sees a tennis shoe on the roof of the hospital. Evidence such as that is REQUIRED to back up the "NDE Pro Afterlife Theory".

I will on one final note add an additional experiment that might work.

Take 20 babies. Raise them in a laboratory and do not allow them to learn any major language. Once they are a certain predefined age put all 20 children under a temporary death. After they are back teach them how to talk etc. Then, once they are able to speak, ask them what it was like and if anything happened.

(I can already pretty much guarantee they will have nothing to say except blackness/nothingness.)

Sure, the above is a ridiculous test, but it does fit the standards required for strict scientific testing of the subject.

IP Logged

Alan McDougall

South Africa
Reply #3 - Jun 17th, 2012 at 8:23pm

Mogenblue wrote on Jun 17th, 2012 at 6:33am:
Alan McDougall wrote on Jun 17th, 2012 at 3:22am:

I like your post very much Alan. But August 2012 has not occured yet. That's a typo.
You also must have had some serious accidents in your life.

It makes me quite curious to experience the Afterlife myself. On the other hand, if I would be able to do so with an OBE I might get very disillusioned with life here on Earth. I think you need to stand very strong in your shoes to keep on living a normal life if you are able to switch between here and there. I have never had an OBE or NDE, but I do have my spiritual guides that help me here and there.

But the promise of such Afterlife from many different people, like yourself, makes it worthwile to work on your inner self to attune yourself to a sphere of light, to become a loving and serving person so that, BY GOD, those spheres will be mine as well.

August 2011 I posted this NDE on the forum sometime after the event, like you say Typo

Blessings and Light

Alan McDougall
WWW <a href= <a href=  
IP Logged

Alan McDougall

South Africa
Reply #4 - Jun 17th, 2012 at 8:26pm

Focus27 wrote on Jun 17th, 2012 at 4:50pm:
I disagree.

NDE's vary greatly from report to report implying that the experience is in fact a hallucination. Further, the basic NDE which is most commonly reported is also what a lot of people are already hoping and expecting making it further suspect.

The only thing that possibly implies something otherwise is an OBE while NDE in which the person actually floats up and sees a tennis shoe on the roof of the hospital. Evidence such as that is REQUIRED to back up the "NDE Pro Afterlife Theory".

I will on one final note add an additional experiment that might work.

Take 20 babies. Raise them in a laboratory and do not allow them to learn any major language. Once they are a certain predefined age put all 20 children under a temporary death. After they are back teach them how to talk etc. Then, once they are able to speak, ask them what it was like and if anything happened.

(I can already pretty much guarantee they will have nothing to say except blackness/nothingness.)

Sure, the above is a ridiculous test, but it does fit the standards required for strict scientific testing of the subject.

You have absolutely know idea about Near Death Experiences because you most obviously have not had one! There is no blackness that you suggest and thank God for that fact!

Blessings and Light

Alan McDougall
WWW <a href= <a href=  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.