Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Someone invisible was in bed with me (Read 1830 times)
mystical1707

ALK Member

Someone invisible was in bed with me
Sep 13th, 2020 at 11:32am

I can't remember if I have mentioned this before or not but I was reading something yesterday that reminded me of my experience so I thought I'd mention it on here.

A few years ago, back when my partner and I lived in his last house which had a lot of strange things happening, he had left for work early in the morning as he often did when he was on that particular shift. I think he'd left just after 6am so I was still in bed.

On this particular morning, I was laying in bed trying to get back to sleep but despite facing the other way towards the wardrobes, I felt someone in bed with me. I could feel them gently tugging away at the covers and could perhaps hear them breathing (although can't remember the breathing bit for definite) but it was just like my partner was still in bed next to me sleeping, moving the covers a little as he moved about in his sleep as you do. That kind of sensation.

Thinking I was probably half asleep, I got up and switched the light on and everything seemed normal. There was no one in the bed. I told myself it was me being silly and got back in bed and switched the light off. The same happened again. I lay there for a short while wondering how this could be happening.

I thought it would just keep happening so I turned the light on, looked at the bed which was again empty and then decided to get up for the morning. I left the bedroom and walked out on to the landing, just in time to see a person disappearing down the bottom few steps and in to the kitchen.

This really freaked me out so it took me a while before I dared go downstairs again. I knew no one had broken in because we have a dog and the dog would have barked but she was sleeping quietly underneath the stairs, over the opposite side. I also didn't hear any footsteps when the man walked down them so I knew it wasn't a "real" person. This man was wearing a long black coat and a black top hat.

Yesterday I was reading tales about a similar man dressed in the same clothes called "the hat man" and I can't help but wonder if he was who I saw in our last house. Although, that house was built around the early 1900's so it could have been a former resident dressed in what they wore back then, walking down the stairs.

But I still think about that incident today. There were many strange happenings there but I never saw him again.

IP Logged

Recoverer 2

ALK Member

South San Francisco
Re: Someone invisible was in bed with me
Reply #1 - Sep 13th, 2020 at 12:12pm

mystical:

I have been visited by spirits of different sorts numerous times. Some were unfriendly. I have come to accept that this is a part of life when you are able to perceive spirits.  I believe I am in this world mainly to help with retrievals, so I accept what comes my way.

The unfriendly spirits have tried to scare me, but they haven't been able to harm me. Whenever one comes around I consider it a retrieval opportunity, and try to share love, wisdom and goodwill with this spirit.

I have found that our loved-based spirit friends are also around, so we are never alone. An unfriendly spirit can influence us, only if we provide them with a key. Our free will cannot be intruded upon. This isn't a principle I read in a book. It is something I found out through numerous experiences.

Regarding the man in the hat, some people have found it helpful to tell a lost spirit, "ask for a teacher," the spirit would do so, and then go away.

I would be more inclined to say, "ask for a love based teacher."

IP Logged

rondele

ALK Member

Virginia
Reply #2 - Sep 14th, 2020 at 11:30am

Albert says "An unfriendly spirit can influence us, only if we provide them with a key."

Yes. We need to be mindful of things that we do that provides the key or what I call a portal. Many years ago I read a book by Ruth Montgomery that made the point that thoughts are things. Thoughts have energy, and if the thoughts are not carefully monitored or are unclean, they can and do attract negative spirits who are attracted to such thoughts. It can devolve to the point where it becomes symbiotic, meaning that thoughts you think are your own are amplified by external entities.

Thoughts are not necessarily harmless.  Thinking about painting the house is one thing; being obsessed with burning it down may attract entities who relish the idea and add motivation to actually carrying out the deed.

C.S. Lewis' "Screwtape Letters" makes this point much better than I can. Definitely worth a read.

R

IP Logged

Recoverer 2

ALK Member

South San Francisco
Reply #3 - Sep 14th, 2020 at 12:10pm

Roger, I would like to add that on some occasions unfriendly spirits will try to mess with certain people, even if they don't have negative thoughts.

Emanuel Swedenborg, he said some things that seem correct to me, some that don't. I consider when he lived and how his time period limited what he said. I figure that the love-based spirits he communicated with were wise enough to understand that they needed to be careful about the information they shared with him.

That said, Swedenborg said that because of who he was, all of hell tried to mess with Jesus from the day he was born to the day he died. Being the way he was, they couldn't find a way to succeed with their attempts to influence him in a negative way.

There are some people in this world that claim to be enlightened and beyond ego. Yet when they speak, they don't say anything about spirit influences. I figure that if such people are as spiritually developed as they claim, some unfriendly spirits might've decided to come their way and try to give them a hard time, and as a result they would've become aware of such influences. Perhaps some of these teachers, without knowing it, are influenced by unfriendly spirits, because such teachers have self serving motives, mislead others, and want to be put on a pedestal and be treated as Mr. or Ms. Enlightened, and this provides unfriendly spirits with a key they can turn. The moral of the story, beware of teachers that have claimed to drop their ego. Some of these teachers act in ways that are quite devil-like. (I don't mean to say that I believe a specific being called the Devil exists, because I don't. There are some Devil-like beings and people.)

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.