Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print
The Life Review: Why do we have it? (Read 9938 times)
rondele

ALK Member

Virginia
The Life Review: Why do we have it?
Dec 29th, 2019 at 5:37pm

The life review is well known to anyone who researches NDEs. I can't think of a more powerful tool for impressing on us how our words and actions affect others. We experience the same hurt we inflicted on others.

However, that's only part of the story. Why do we go through it? The usual answer is to help make us more aware of how we treat others, leading to more compassionate behavior. All well and good.

But where and how do we manifest the fruits of our learning? We go to school hopefully to help us navigate our future lives. We teach our children life skills, knowing they'll need them when they're on their own.

So this leads to the obvious question. What's next for those of us who die and complete our life review? Now that we are more sensitive to our actions, in what arena do we apply those lessons?

In our next life, assuming reincarnation is real? In the afterlife? Being human and hurting others is unavoidable no matter how much the life review affected us. And sometimes the hurt is beneficial to the other person. Tough love to a delinquent child no doubt will hurt but also may lead to the child taking a better path. In this life anger toward others will happen and some of it will be righteous anger.

So to sum up- what's the point of the LR unless it's incorporated in our being and we progress to another lifetime regardless of whether our lives are linear or simultaneous. In either case I suspect our own development will be incremental and painfully slow.

R

IP Logged

Recoverer 2

ALK Member

South San Francisco
Re: The Life Review: Why do we have it?
Reply #1 - Dec 29th, 2019 at 11:16pm

Roger:

I've considered this issue a fair amount, and it seems that after a life review, a person still needs to work on his (or her) spiritual growth.

PMH Atwater wrote of a man who was like a Mafia hit man, during an NDE he went through a life review, and saw how much he hurt others. He changed for the better and dedicated the rest of his life to helping others.

Zurgen Ziewe wrote of a man (the spirit of) who worked at like a spirit world resort center, and served others. Apparently this man didn't live in a positive way while in this world, and was making up for this fact by serving others. He did so in order to grow spiritually.

Jesus said, "as you sow, so you reap."  I figure you don't become spiritually evolved because of one experience, despite what some supposed enlightened people claim. If you want to grow spiritually you have to work at it, despite what one experience showed you.

I had a spirit world experience where I visited what some people refer to as the summerland. It was a nice place, and there seemed to be no problems there. Nevertheless, I have experienced more fulfilling states of being during meditation than these spirits were experiencing, because even though they were basically nice people while alive, they didn't dedicate their lives to reconnecting to God, because they didn't understand that doing so is the only way to find true fulfillment. The source of love, joy, peace, wisdom and wonder, is the only place where true fulfillment can be found.

IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Colorado
Reply #2 - Dec 31st, 2019 at 11:03pm

Roger,

That's a very interesting concept that I don't know much about.  MY NDE didn't contain a life review, and I wonder if that's because I was only just on the border, not having fully crossed over.  I'm sure my experience could have been different in many ways and I could have experienced more had the circumstances been different.  Mine wasn't very traumatic for instance. 

I think we get what we need at the time that we need it.  I also think that when we look at things from only this perspective of our human lives, we're still quite limited in our understanding of how things really work.  I think a life review and its purpose has got to be a very complex thing.  I think we as our higher selves are responsible for our guidance and opportunities for growth here.  After we move on from this life I'm sure we get more advanced opportunities too.

Author of Persephone's Journey (Amazon.com)

http://www.vickyshort.blogspot.com/
WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

Maisie

ALK Member

Australia
Reply #3 - Jan 2nd, 2020 at 1:32am

Just some ideas:
If time doesn't exist out side of our time space, how do we know we didn't set up the life review first and our lives then lead us to that final scenario so that the full impact of our decisions come full circle and we get to see how unconscious we still are?

I say this because there has been a big theme of pathological people in my life, narcissism, a paedophile or two and perhaps even a sociopath. I went into my OBE states believing they were evil and possessed by the devil or some such thing. I was informed that this isn't true, that at some point they sacrificed their soul (conscious awareness of it perhaps) and chose a path of unconscious negativity. I was also shown that there is no point in trying to educate these people of the errors of their ways, that the impact of their wrongs will only become conscious in the between life state, in their review, but also when they are made aware that all their actions were witnessed as well as all their subconscious drives. It only then that a mirror is held up to them and they are forced to see themselves.

IP Logged

Recoverer 2

ALK Member

South San Francisco
Reply #4 - Jan 2nd, 2020 at 12:04pm

Maise:

It is interesting what you were told about the negative people in your life.

IP Logged

Maisie

ALK Member

Australia
Reply #5 - Jan 2nd, 2020 at 1:17pm

My anger and lack of forgiveness were holding me back and I wasn't aware it would prevent me evolving when I leave this place. My guides put a lot of time and many sessions into changing the way I think about 'evil' people.

IP Logged

rondele

ALK Member

Virginia
Reply #6 - Jan 5th, 2020 at 12:48pm

<< I was also shown that there is no point in trying to educate these people of the errors of their ways>>

So true. A life review experienced by, for example, a serial killer would be useless. A masochist would probably take pleasure in feeling the pain and hurt he inflicted on others.

Even for most of us, a LR during an NDE may or may not materially change our behavior during the rest of our earth life. Being human is not a walk in the park. We're bound to do or say things that will hurt others, even after going through a life review where we are shown the consequences of what we had done prior to our NDE.

R

IP Logged

Recoverer 2

ALK Member

South San Francisco
Reply #7 - Jan 5th, 2020 at 3:57pm

Roger:

For the Maise quote you provided, I think she meant while alive.

I read one NDE experience where a lady blacked out as her boyfriend choked her. She said that he was a negative guy. He had an NDE where he went towards the light, but when it is was time for him to have a life review, he wasn't interested, and instead went to a lower realm. What this guy experienced is different than what the hit man experienced.

A hit man might be different than say a bully. A bully has some awareness that he is harming others, he bullies people because he wants to cause them to suffer.

Or consider people involved in politics in someway (either politicians or political commentators) that purposely lie to people in order to mislead, manipulate and control them. They couldn't lie to the extent they do, if they weren't conscious of what they were doing. Before they go through a life review, they will have to get over their attachment to the concept that it is okay to lie to others as you try to control them. A person such as a bully will have to get over his attachment to wanting to make other people suffer.

The Mafia like hit man example I provided contradicts some of the above. Perhaps he was motivated by indifference and a commitment to his crime boss, rather than something such as meanness, or being hungry for power.

Back to the bully issue, there are usually reasons for which people become bullies. If such people during a life review become conscious of why they became bullies, and then have some remembrance of their innate divinity, they are likely to become more open to recognizing in an honest and responsible way how they harmed others.

It is possible that Jesus told his prodigal son story for a reason.

rondele wrote on Jan 5th, 2020 at 12:48pm:
<< I was also shown that there is no point in trying to educate these people of the errors of their ways>>

So true. A life review experienced by, for example, a serial killer would be useless. A masochist would probably take pleasure in feeling the pain and hurt he inflicted on others.

Even for most of us, a LR during an NDE may or may not materially change our behavior during the rest of our earth life. Being human is not a walk in the park. We're bound to do or say things that will hurt others, even after going through a life review where we are shown the consequences of what we had done prior to our NDE.

R

IP Logged

Recoverer 2

ALK Member

South San Francisco
Reply #8 - Jan 5th, 2020 at 4:58pm

A correction to my last post, I remember it more completely now. The negative guy who strangled his girlfriend didn't have the option of experiencing a life review, rather his life was measured so it could be seen that his negative actions outweighed his positive ways, and he had to go to a lower realm. He begged to not go to such a realm, and said he would change for the better. He was allowed to return to this world, but at the time of the strangle incident, hadn't changed for the better.

He was in a very positive place when he had this experience and the beings he was with loved him dearly. It could be he was provided with a warning about how he needs to change his ways. During her research PMH Atwater found that all NDErs experience what they need to experience, even when their experiences are negative. Hopefully, unlike the guy discussed here, they will respond to their experience in a way that is beneficial.

IP Logged

rondele

ALK Member

Virginia
Reply #9 - Jan 5th, 2020 at 6:33pm

<<For the Maise quote you provided, I think she meant while alive.>>

Right. Also when I refer to LRs, I mean people who are alive. I continue to think the affects of the reviews, which can be profound, may lose their impact as time goes on. I think it's variable, for some people it could be life changing, for others not so much.

R

IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Colorado
Reply #10 - Jan 5th, 2020 at 8:33pm

On the topic of a life review for a serial killer during an NDE...it  seems that we can't take it for granted that every single person who has an NDE is in the same level of awareness, or state of consciousness (not sure which term to use) during an NDE.   

For instance, people who have had a negative experience during an NDE makes me realize that for whatever the purpose was for that experience, they couldn't have been in the same level of awareness that I was in during mine since mine was so much the opposite feeling. 

When Roger brought up a serial killer or masochist enjoying the LR of seeing the pain they caused, it makes me think that they would not necessarily be in the same frame of mind as they are in the physical, so in other words if they are able to experience the LR from a higher state, then they would (in my opinion) be able to see it from a different perspective and realize how sorry they were for what they did.  Because if you think about it, mental illness can oftentimes be the cause of it. Like a sociopath...once they die they wouldn't still be a sociopath.  And on that note, I don't believe that an NDE can fix a mental illness, so a LR for someone like that wouldn't have any purpose, unless you're talking about strictly on a soul level...but certainly not a physical mental level.

WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

Recoverer 2

ALK Member

South San Francisco
Reply #11 - Jan 5th, 2020 at 9:25pm

I figure life reviews can play a valuable role in getting people pointed in a positive direction.

IP Logged

rondele

ALK Member

Virginia
Reply #12 - Jan 5th, 2020 at 10:48pm

I agree, it's just not a panacea. It would have to alter somehow the core of our spiritual being to turn our life around. Life is tough.

R

IP Logged

Recoverer 2

ALK Member

South San Francisco
Reply #13 - Jan 5th, 2020 at 11:20pm

And a person's psychology can be complicated, with contradictory drives.

rondele wrote on Jan 5th, 2020 at 10:48pm:
I agree, it's just not a panacea. It would have to alter somehow the core of our spiritual being to turn our life around. Life is tough.

R

IP Logged

Maisie

ALK Member

Australia
Reply #14 - Jan 6th, 2020 at 2:44am

How I do a quote again Vicky? It didn't work last time I tried.

I wonder if for some a life review is simply a marker for later use, say in the afterlife. If it is performed to measure soul connection, consciousness, attitude to knowing others are aware of their behaviour? Because I experienced the experimenting of my over soul with me and with past lives and their ability to plan future lives using our traits created in this life. For example for each of us, our abilities to connect with our over soul makes it easier for future lives to also connect.

In regards to the serial killer enjoying the life review, I think that would be true in one sense but in another they would be shown that others are aware of their true nature and that's something they work very hard to hide. That goes for masochists, sociopaths, psychopaths, paedophiles, etc, they all hide their true pathological behaviour and core character, so I'd imagine being found out might not be a pleasant experience and might be the only way they actually wake up.

We differ in our ideas about mental illness and the likes of sociopaths. I don't think its a mental illness as such, because they are highly mentally astute, I think its a right brain (emotional) deficit and its something they are usually born with. They know that what they do is bad and they don't care, but they know its not socially acceptable so they know to hide.

I do think you might be right about them being different when they go back up stairs and experience their life review. I wonder if experiencing being the perpetrator isn't also a learning tool?  I cant imagine what we would learn from it though??

IP Logged

Recoverer 2

ALK Member

South San Francisco
Reply #15 - Jan 6th, 2020 at 12:50pm

Regarding what perpetrators learn, perhaps they learn what not to be.

I figure we can't truly understand what humility is, without understanding about arrogance.

We can't appreciate honesty, if we don't know about dishonesty, and have overcome it.

We can't fully understand the beauty of loving others unconditionally, if we haven't done so in a limited conditional way.

We can't fully understand about having compassion for others, if we haven't had the need of receiving it from others, and if there was never anyone we could direct it to.

We can't fully appreciate a positive way of being, if we haven't experienced a negative way.

We can't fully appreciate the value of loyalty, if we haven't dealt with a lack of loyalty.

We won't fully appreciate Oneness, if we don't understand what it is like to seem separate.

We won't be able to be one and many at the same time, if we don't have the opportunity to find out how to exist in such a way.

It is important to understand that everything that exists, for better or worse comes from Source and us as extensions of Source.

If we want to be masters of ourselves, then we need to deal with the possibilities that exist within us, until we work things out so we have a truly wonderful way of existing.

In order for all of the above to take place, we have to have some freedom of expression, even if this means we end up partaking in some of the negative possibilities more than is necessary.

If we want to be able to someday experience a perfected way of existence, we have to be willing to go through some growing pains.

Regarding nothing being hidden, despite what people such as sociopaths attempt, going by what I have experienced, there are love based spirit beings that are aware of everything we do. Perhaps we are internally designed so that we eventually right the ship. I am uncertain about this.

IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Colorado
Reply #16 - Jan 7th, 2020 at 2:01am

Maisie wrote on Jan 6th, 2020 at 2:44am:
How I do a quote again Vicky? It didn't work last time I tried.

I will send you a private message  Smiley

WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

Maisie

ALK Member

Australia
Reply #17 - Jan 7th, 2020 at 7:30am

I agree with everything you said R2 but I still think sociopaths and the like are on another level all together. Most of us play around on the edges of naughty when we are younger and realise its not for us, but the others just don't care.

IP Logged

Recoverer 2

ALK Member

South San Francisco
Reply #18 - Jan 7th, 2020 at 5:58pm

Maise, nothing to say, just saying I read your post.

Maisie wrote on Jan 7th, 2020 at 7:30am:
I agree with everything you said R2 but I still think sociopaths and the like are on another level all together. Most of us play around on the edges of naughty when we are younger and realise its not for us, but the others just don't care.

IP Logged

Maisie

ALK Member

Australia
Reply #19 - Jan 7th, 2020 at 10:57pm

I seem to have a knack of ending conversations.

IP Logged

rafaellas  light

ALK Member

Reply #20 - Jun 25th, 2020 at 10:47pm

"Being human and hurting others is unavoidable no matter how much the life review affected us. And sometimes the hurt is beneficial to the other person. Tough love to a delinquent child no doubt will hurt but also may lead to the child taking a better path."

This is not correct. Healing from these misconceptions are the kind of thing life reviews teach us.

IP Logged

rafaellas  light

ALK Member

Reply #21 - Jul 5th, 2020 at 6:33am

I ask for apologies for my previous response.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.