Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Lucid Dream (Read 2538 times)
Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Colorado
Lucid Dream
Dec 17th, 2018 at 7:21pm

I had awoke about 3 am.  I was about to fall back asleep and wanting to hold onto consciousness and induce an OBE so I intentionally imagined getting out of bed and walking through my house.  I just let my imagination flow and was able to hold onto conscious awareness as I imagined going in and out of each room.  After walking throughout my upper level, I imagined going downstairs to the main level and I started wondering and planning on what I will choose to do if I’m still consciously aware as I walk out the front door.  Walking out the front door is the goal because it signifies a “doorway” or gateway which results in an OBE.

Before going out the front door I imagined walking through the kitchen, into my Reiki room, and into my living room and by the time I got there I was dreaming but still consciously aware, and I didn’t notice the transition at all into the dream.  It was just a smooth shift.  I was gonna make a beeline for the front door but then I stopped in my tracks, shocked that my living room was filled with boxes and clutter from the floor to the ceiling!

That was the first sign that I was dreaming, because when I do this exercise just making myself walk through the house in my imagination, I of course just imagine everything as it normally is.  And my living room is empty except for some paintings, exercise equipment, and a bench.  I stood there in the middle of the looking turning around and looking at all this clutter and thought it was pretty neat how easily I shifted into this dream and still having full awareness.  I wasn’t having to imagine myself standing still or keep holding awareness of being in that vantage point…I was just fully there like how dreams are.  But even though I knew it was a nonphysical experience I couldn’t help but wonder what all the clutter was about.

Part of me wanted to just go out the door and fully phase into an OBE, but I couldn’t just leave all that clutter there.  (If I had just still been using my imagination I would have easily just ignored the clutter and continued with my pretending.  But since this was now a dream the clutter completely distracted me and I couldn’t help but think of what to do about it).

Then what instantly came to mind was Bruce’s trick of “seeing it not there” and I thought this is a perfect thing to use for this clutter.  So I quickly and easily just imagined it not there, and it suddenly all vanished!

I think it must have held a significant meaning because after that I lost conscious awareness and don’t remember anything else.  I’m not sure what it signified, other than perhaps some part of myself throwing in a roadblock in my OBE attempt.  While it did distract me and make me forget about phasing further, I still think it’s pretty neat that I held onto awareness and was able to use “seeing it not there” and have it work.

What do you think would be a reason why this “roadblock” appeared to distract me?  Is this typical do you think?

A friend suggested that maybe the clutter and my clearing it away was symbolic of accomplishing some energy work in the house.  I like that!

Author of Persephone's Journey (Amazon.com)

http://www.vickyshort.blogspot.com/
WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

Soulmael

ALK Member

svk
Re: Lucid Dream
Reply #1 - Dec 18th, 2018 at 12:34pm

Next time you could try to ask by pointing on these things "what does this represent to me?". And who knows... a voice from inside could speak and tell you something about it.

The boxes and clutter can be a symbol right? Let's look at this from my eyes perspective (please don't take my words seriously, i am not working much with dream interpretation): In the living room.. so something with your life? Boxes.. storage of things you do not need or want to see anymore. Clutter that is not in the box could be something that is more present but still not wanted. What is in the boxes could be from past, as stored but you do not want to throw it away or look at it.

The question from start of my post could tell you more than anyone that tries to interpret your dream. It could be also cryptic.. so it is good practice to ask more about it until satisfied.

IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Colorado
Reply #2 - Dec 18th, 2018 at 3:24pm

Soulmael wrote on Dec 18th, 2018 at 12:34pm:
Next time you could try to ask by pointing on these things "what does this represent to me?". And who knows... a voice from inside could speak and tell you something about it.

Soulmael,

I really like your suggestion of asking out loud in the moment of the experience what something means.  That’s an excellent idea.  It would be REALLY interesting to see what answers come to me from a dream-consciousness perspective, where my mental faculties are likely more susceptible to suggestion where the answer should come to mind quickly, honestly, and without filters.  I would imagine that the answer would come easily and quickly, unlike in waking life when I do dream interpretations and it does take a fair amount of reasoning to figure some things out and at best they are really only assumptions based on reasoning and past experience.   

It would also be interesting to see if the answer comes in a direct, clear way or if it too is symbolic in nature.  Ooh, this would be a very interesting experiment to try!  My pre-sleep suggestion will be to tell myself that the next time I’m dreaming and lucid, I will interpret the dream while I’m in it.

When I studied dream interpretation many years ago one of the techniques I learned was to imagine asking a dream symbol a question and then allowing yourself to imagine what the answer is as if that symbol or dream object has a voice of its own.  You are surprised at the answers you get when you do this technique, especially when you’re writing it out on paper and you just let the answers flow without analyzing them as you do it.  So now I want to try that during a dream.  If I can make myself remember this suggestion, then it will be really interesting to see what results I get.

WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

seagullresting

ALK Member

USA
Reply #3 - Dec 19th, 2018 at 8:52pm

I wish I could look at my clutter and "see it not there" and have it instantly disappear. Great account of your experience!
So entertaining.

But, all this talk of dreams has me actually having more vivid dreams, probably from reading the accounts on this forum. I rarely remember dreams these days, so they are significant.

I also dream in color, in very abrupt, sometimes shocking imagery. But, by cultivating a life that is most pleasing to me I find that my dreams have become rare. Rather, I sleep extremely well.

But, spending a little time with the images, I can see how they directly relate to thoughts and visual impressions recently received in daily life.  Rather than remain shocked I am rather impressed by the creativity in compiling a visual, auditory experience for me which resonates so well.

It is like someone saying: yes. I hear you, I see you. It is the higher self (I guess) who is always ahead of the game.

Regarding the clutter. We all have it. I find that repeating to oneself daily such things as: I let it go... is rather helpful. Like, whenever a moment of tension of any kind arises, just realize that is a trigger. It is the moment to consciously respond, not react. Like, yes, I recognize you. You recognize it. Then, just let it go. Let it go. It flows behind you effortlessly. Gone.

If I could go into the afterlife with that kind of control, that would make me very happy. No matter what I had to experience here in this life to get there.

IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Colorado
Reply #4 - Dec 20th, 2018 at 1:59am

seagullresting wrote on Dec 19th, 2018 at 8:52pm:
I wish I could look at my clutter and "see it not there" and have it instantly disappear. Great account of your experience!
So entertaining.

Thanks!

Quote:
Regarding the clutter. We all have it. I find that repeating to oneself daily such things as: I let it go... is rather helpful. Like, whenever a moment of tension of any kind arises, just realize that is a trigger. It is the moment to consciously respond, not react. Like, yes, I recognize you. You recognize it. Then, just let it go. Let it go. It flows behind you effortlessly. Gone.

I think you hit the nail on the head.  I think that although it's fun for me to analyze and interpret my dreams, the lesson in this one of effortlessly being able to let it all go is so much more important.  If I had I could have continued with my goal of raising my awareness rather than allowing myself to get stuck in that moment at that level.

WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.