Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
PUL, Helpers, and Intention for the Living (Read 3894 times)
Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Colorado
PUL, Helpers, and Intention for the Living
Jun 2nd, 2013 at 12:59am

I had a great experience using PUL to help an injured bird yesterday.  I thought why don't I practice these skills more often??  It was a great experience for me.  (You know me, I’m wordy so I’ll try to keep it short.) 

What happened was, my kids and I were watching Lost, our favorite TV show which we start at the end of the school year each year and watch the whole 6 seasons.  Once it’s late afternoon the sun comes in the living room window and I can’t see anything on the TV anymore, so my kids came up with the idea of tacking a blanket to the wall to cover the window.  Actually it’s my daughter’s purple “Snuggie”, so it looks funny hanging up on the wall.  (Ok, I realize this is by no means the short version.  I’ll try better.)  So it was my son’s turn to tack it up and he did a slack job of it, leaving a stripe of sun down the left side of the window.  But the TV was visible again and the stripe of sun gave my daughter a little light since she was on her laptop.   But that’s what neat about this story, because if it weren’t for the bad job David did, we wouldn’t have seen what happened next.

A few minutes later a big shadow came swooping past that little part of the window.  Even out of my peripheral vision it was very noticeable, and a second later there was a thud on the house.  David was next to me and he saw it too.  Abby didn’t see or hear anything because she had headphones on and was too near the window.  I was so curious what it was.  It wasn’t so much the sound that got me since we’ve had a couple of very windy days, but it was seeing the big shadow pass by the window.  If the window had been completely covered we wouldn’t have seen the shadow.  So I got up and opened the front door.  A dove was sitting on the brick window ledge looking quite stunned.  I realized that he’s what made the thud on the house.  I only had the door open a few inches so he wouldn’t get scared, and I watched him pace back and forth.  I couldn’t visibly tell that he was injured but he was acting confused and hesitant and just kept pacing.  I was afraid he was hurt enough he couldn’t fly and that he’d try to hop off the ledge. 

My daughter watched a long time, even after David and I went back in.  She wanted to watch until he flew away just so she could know he was ok, but after a while she gave up.  I went and did something else as we took a mini break from the TV show, and later opened the door again to look.  He was still there, still pacing and rocking and bobbing his head a lot.  My heart went out to him and I thought “I hope you’re ok, please don’t be hurt, I don’t want you to be hurt.”  And suddenly I felt this shift come over me, a nudge telling me that I should do more than that and that I knew that I could do a lot more than that.  Part of me felt “but I feel so sorry for him” and another part of me was now feeling “but you know how to do more and you should use it”. 

So I felt inspired to use PUL the way we know to do during retrievals, and to ask for a Helper.  I imagined two helper doves coming to this injured one, and it was so inspiring to feel this way.  I guess my raising my consciousness and bringing the feeling of PUL made it easy and created such a strong feeling.  My visual intention in my mind’s eye grew stronger and stronger and it was so easy to imagine seeing those helper doves holding in the air near him, flapping their wings, and coaxing the other dove as if saying “You’re ok, you can do it, and we’re here to help you.”  I wondered how long I should try and hold my focus on this intention and feeling.  It wasn’t more than 10 or 15 seconds when suddenly the dove took off from the ledge, flying across the yard so fast and free and confident.  I was pretty happy.  Here he was sitting there for so long and then only moved after I did my PUL and helper thing.  I couldn’t help believing I helped make that happen.

It was a great experience feeling the nudge to do more and then feeling the inspiration come over me.  It was so easy and natural at that point to do the rest.  It just felt right and made sense.  So this was a neat experience for me, and now I feel inspired to remember to use this concept more regularly.  It would be neat to see the results, especially the effect it has on people.  Like if someone weren’t happy or was frustrated or something.  It’s a very non-intrusive thing a person could do for another person without invading their privacy, you know?  I often do healing visualizations but they are always while I have my eyes closed and imagining the person in my mind.  I don't think I've ever done something like this while watching someone physically, but it's something I'm going to try. 

I think it's a good idea to be always practicing these concepts and techniques.  It just felt like it made sense to do this rather than just feel sorry for the bird. 

Anyone else ever use PUL and/or their imagination for the living and in normal situations? 

Vicky
Smiley

Author of Persephone's Journey (Amazon.com)

http://www.vickyshort.blogspot.com/
WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

KarmaLars

Re: PUL, Helpers, and Intention for the Living
Reply #1 - Jun 4th, 2013 at 12:45am

Vicky wrote on Jun 2nd, 2013 at 12:59am:
I had a great experience using PUL to help an injured bird yesterday.  I thought why don't I practice these skills more often??  It was a great experience for me.  (You know me, I’m wordy so I’ll try to keep it short.) 

What happened was, my kids and I were watching Lost, our favorite TV show which we start at the end of the school year each year and watch the whole 6 seasons.  Once it’s late afternoon the sun comes in the living room window and I can’t see anything on the TV anymore, so my kids came up with the idea of tacking a blanket to the wall to cover the window.  Actually it’s my daughter’s purple “Snuggie”, so it looks funny hanging up on the wall.  (Ok, I realize this is by no means the short version.  I’ll try better.)  So it was my son’s turn to tack it up and he did a slack job of it, leaving a stripe of sun down the left side of the window.  But the TV was visible again and the stripe of sun gave my daughter a little light since she was on her laptop.   But that’s what neat about this story, because if it weren’t for the bad job David did, we wouldn’t have seen what happened next.

A few minutes later a big shadow came swooping past that little part of the window.  Even out of my peripheral vision it was very noticeable, and a second later there was a thud on the house.  David was next to me and he saw it too.  Abby didn’t see or hear anything because she had headphones on and was too near the window.  I was so curious what it was.  It wasn’t so much the sound that got me since we’ve had a couple of very windy days, but it was seeing the big shadow pass by the window.  If the window had been completely covered we wouldn’t have seen the shadow.  So I got up and opened the front door.  A dove was sitting on the brick window ledge looking quite stunned.  I realized that he’s what made the thud on the house.  I only had the door open a few inches so he wouldn’t get scared, and I watched him pace back and forth.  I couldn’t visibly tell that he was injured but he was acting confused and hesitant and just kept pacing.  I was afraid he was hurt enough he couldn’t fly and that he’d try to hop off the ledge. 

My daughter watched a long time, even after David and I went back in.  She wanted to watch until he flew away just so she could know he was ok, but after a while she gave up.  I went and did something else as we took a mini break from the TV show, and later opened the door again to look.  He was still there, still pacing and rocking and bobbing his head a lot.  My heart went out to him and I thought “I hope you’re ok, please don’t be hurt, I don’t want you to be hurt.”  And suddenly I felt this shift come over me, a nudge telling me that I should do more than that and that I knew that I could do a lot more than that.  Part of me felt “but I feel so sorry for him” and another part of me was now feeling “but you know how to do more and you should use it”. 

So I felt inspired to use PUL the way we know to do during retrievals, and to ask for a Helper.  I imagined two helper doves coming to this injured one, and it was so inspiring to feel this way.  I guess my raising my consciousness and bringing the feeling of PUL made it easy and created such a strong feeling.  My visual intention in my mind’s eye grew stronger and stronger and it was so easy to imagine seeing those helper doves holding in the air near him, flapping their wings, and coaxing the other dove as if saying “You’re ok, you can do it, and we’re here to help you.”  I wondered how long I should try and hold my focus on this intention and feeling.  It wasn’t more than 10 or 15 seconds when suddenly the dove took off from the ledge, flying across the yard so fast and free and confident.  I was pretty happy.  Here he was sitting there for so long and then only moved after I did my PUL and helper thing.  I couldn’t help believing I helped make that happen.

It was a great experience feeling the nudge to do more and then feeling the inspiration come over me.  It was so easy and natural at that point to do the rest.  It just felt right and made sense.  So this was a neat experience for me, and now I feel inspired to remember to use this concept more regularly.  It would be neat to see the results, especially the effect it has on people.  Like if someone weren’t happy or was frustrated or something.  It’s a very non-intrusive thing a person could do for another person without invading their privacy, you know?  I often do healing visualizations but they are always while I have my eyes closed and imagining the person in my mind.  I don't think I've ever done something like this while watching someone physically, but it's something I'm going to try. 

I think it's a good idea to be always practicing these concepts and techniques.  It just felt like it made sense to do this rather than just feel sorry for the bird. 

Anyone else ever use PUL and/or their imagination for the living and in normal situations? 

Vicky
Smiley

Wow! That's so cool babe! I hope others reply, especially Don! Lars.

IP Logged

isee
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Jun 4th, 2013 at 7:03am

Vicky, you asked:

---------

I think we all do this when we pray for others with sincerity, or when we simply care for others with a loving heart. We live longer -- a fact -- when we have a strong social network, which can be anyone, not just family relatives. I even think other animals do this for us, say, our dogs, if we are close. They sense our emotions and care for and love us generously and openly.

Perhaps that bird could feel your presence and your love. Perhaps the love you "called in" actually created the atmosphere in which the bird gained its strength to move on. Those who love us on the other "side" must look at us the same way, watching over us and trying to "nudge" us in the direction of freedom and happiness.

IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Colorado
Reply #3 - Jun 4th, 2013 at 6:35pm

Quote:
I think we all do this when we pray for others with sincerity, or when we simply care for others with a loving heart.

Perhaps that bird could feel your presence and your love. Perhaps the love you "called in" actually created the atmosphere in which the bird gained its strength to move on. Those who love us on the other "side" must look at us the same way, watching over us and trying to "nudge" us in the direction of freedom and happiness.

Hi Isee! 

Thank you and I definitely agree. 

And our motivations for doing these kinds of things should not be for our own gain or limited to the result we want but from a selfless state of being.  That's what I noticed most in this little experience with the bird, was the difference I felt in my energy and consciousness.  It gave me the idea that I could choose to raise my consciousness to this state of being more often, just for the sake of knowing it's a better way to live and be.  If I start seeing positive effects it's definitely worth it.  But it's not the kind of level of consciousness you can just get into and stay in all the time.  I only notice nudges and momentary shifts.  It's the same kind of "enlightened" state I feel when I'm receiving psychic awareness and guidance. 

WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

isee
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Jun 4th, 2013 at 7:17pm

It is refreshing to hear how you describe your reaction to the event.

As I think about it, I remember that this all started when you simply paid attention, when you simply noticed something.

It is also much easier to understand people on this planet, and ourselves, when we look at ourselves as being in different states of consciousness at different times, and that it is just how we are put together.

Maybe we are better at different things when we are in different states of consciousness. We are versatile beings!

IP Logged

Ginny

Wa
Reply #5 - Jun 8th, 2013 at 8:01pm

Vicky,

I love this--you did such a great job!... and yes, I've had several heart-to-heart PUL experiences with those in the animal kingdom. Each one taught me just how connected we are to one another.

When you got the idea to do more and you felt a shift come over you, would you say that shift was you tuning into another frequency? So often when I make that shift--such as daydreaming--it feels as if I've just slipped into the main flow of global communications that all life forms access, all the time, and humans only now and then. Like riding an invisible wave that flows just under the human noise radar. Using PUL creates that shifting as well.

Thanks for sharing this.

Ginny

"Intelligence is knowing that which is important." Albert Einstein

IP Logged

a channel
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Jun 8th, 2013 at 9:23pm

Thank you for sharing this beautiful and instructive experience Vicky.

IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Colorado
Reply #7 - Jun 9th, 2013 at 7:53pm

Hi Ginny,  thank you!

Yes I guess "tuning into another frequency" is a good way to put it.  If you think of frequency as a mood, that's kind of what it was like.  Pretty much the same as you'd feel if you realized that just because you're sad at the moment, it doesn't mean you can't shift to feeling something else...another frequency, like feeling happy.  Just can be hard to do without something to move you in that direction.   Smiley

But it was that stark of a shift, so that's what was neat to me...it was as if someone were saying "Hey Vicky, this isn't the only way to focus your energy right now, there's more you can do."  It's not as easy as I make it sound.  Just like it's not easy to just "cheer up" just because someone says to.  It takes a lot to change a mood, or it only takes the conscious desire to do so. 

The way I felt after shifting to this other level of consciousness, I knew it was a feeling I've had many times.  It feels like, "Why do I ever leave this feeling?"  I know it has to do with how reality matches the frequency or energy vibration that we put out.  Just as we're affected by what we send out, so are the things around us.  Yep, the feeling of PUL really creates that shift so easily.  Today as a matter of fact, I was reminding myself to be remembering to do daily meditation, and to lift my vibration with the feeling of love and to make that my normal "baseline self", to sort of create that level of being as my natural go-to state on a regular basis so I can be in that state of being more naturally without requiring a big shift take place. 

I'd say that higher frequency feeling, or higher level of consciousness, is just as normal and natural a part of me as what I now consider my natural state.  At least, that's how it feels when I shift there.  That's why I want to make it a goal to practice shifting there more often, just because.  Why not?  It's just like choosing to be happy or choosing to be loving.  These are all just states of being where we focus ourselves.

WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.