Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
If the human family were certain (Read 1481 times)
isee
Ex Member

If the human family were certain
May 20th, 2013 at 7:45am

If, in this world, we did not have such a fear of death (which is part of who we are, for bodily self-preservation), what would be the consequences?

In terms of personal power, anyone who threatens another person with severe injury or death can use that fear to their advantage.

Even with a strong belief in life after death -- even with certain knowledge of life after death -- can this fear ever really be eradicated?

Would those who threaten an early crossing for others....

What I mean is, one family member is standing next to another. To separate these two people by removing one from this life would still be an available choice.

Would it be even more difficult to formulate a clear and coherent moral code of conduct for humans? How would our criminal justice system work? Would the death penalty be like setting a criminal free to roam in the afterlife creating mayhem on a "lower" level of an afterlife?

Would suicide become an acceptable norm under certain circumstances?

What if we could not solve our problems as caretakers of the planet? Would a mass exodus occur?

Or, if one group decides another group is not "taking care" of the planet properly, would they feel that it was "justified" to wipe the other group off the planet because, after all, those transgressors would be moving on to a different life?

If it becomes possible to download information directly into a human brain, would "free will" become a thing of the past? Could we be programmed what to think? Would it be justified by deeming free thought an "afterlife" gift to be received later?

Is the fear of death and our own uncertainty an actual deterrent to some points of view?

(Having a planet on which to experience pain and frustration in countless ways....so as to learn the value of love and beauty and peace....priceless.)

« Last Edit: May 20th, 2013 at 9:13am by N/A »  

IP Logged

Baroness

ALK Member

Re: If the human family were certain
Reply #1 - May 20th, 2013 at 2:02pm

WOW!!!  I'm only going to address a few of these. 

One, we can play what-ifs all day.  Sometimes it is a good exercise for the mind.  Sometimes it is a waste of time.

Two, without fear of death, we would be losing a lot more bodies that had been reincarnated.  It would be a waste.

Three, without free will, what is the point?

(Having a planet on which to experience pain and frustration in countless ways....so as to learn the value of love and beauty and peace....priceless.)

Yes.

Thanks for the calisthenics of the mind this morning. Roll Eyes
T'ressa

IP Logged

isee
Ex Member

Re: If the human family were certain
Reply #2 - May 20th, 2013 at 3:26pm

You're welcome, Baroness. Mental cartwheels can be fun on occasion.

Of course, I have asked far too many questions.

I don't intend for anyone to answer all of them. They are just little "jumping off points."

I guess, after making this list this morning, I felt very sure that I, personally, did not have the answers to these questions.

I became amused at my own lack of answers and laughed at the thought that I or anyone else could design a planet or a universe or even a knowledge base which would "improve" on what we already have.

In sum, I could not find fault with the earth as it is.

Smiles and laughter to you... Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.