Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Happy St. Patrick’s Day! (Read 2160 times)
betson

Afterlife Knowledge Member

SE USA
Happy St. Patrick’s Day!
Mar 17th, 2013 at 12:56am

The shapes and characters of Guides from the other side have varied over the centuries. Maybe the Irish gnomes, elves etc could get some credit for lightening the human load of earthly concerns, at least in the past. --- HAPPY  ST. PATRICK’S DAY!

An afterlife legend that goes beyond the cartoonish elves  and somewhat fits this holiday is the basis for the book THE GREEN CHILD, by Herbert Read, I think I recall.  It will get you thinking about how all this fits together.  Smiley

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
Shakespeare

IP Logged

Lucy

C1
Re: Happy St. Patrick’s Day!
Reply #1 - Mar 19th, 2013 at 6:23pm

I looked the book up and found a Wiki entry on it. Not sure what it has to do with St. Pat's day....?...though the book sounds interesting.

I have long felt that "Saint" Patrick's removal pf serpents from Ireland is a symbolic way of saying he destroyed the Celtic culture, and the Irish are further assaulted by his being turned into a hero. Maybe all the drinking is to not feel that pain.

OK OK so I'm weird! I don't like St. Pat's Day and I don't know why. It isn't a big deal...sort of a feeling I take out and look at and wonder about.

so, this is off topic, but why is it so hard to go OBE and figure out where Isabella Stewart Gardiner's paintings are????

IP Logged

betson

SE USA
Reply #2 - Mar 19th, 2013 at 8:37pm

You’re right, Lucy. It was a bit of a stretch to bring up ‘The Green Child’ with St Patrick’s day. But I have two reasons for doing so:
1)I’m intrigued by the book and I hoped some new posters might have read it and have some insights into it;
2) The novel’s green children (of very small stature) were based on research by respected scholar Herbert Read. He had heard stories about such small green people that had been reported in Ireland for centuries. His plot suggested that they lived in a world separate from ours in a different energy frequency.

So I saw them as related to the leprachauns which we only mention on St Patrick’s Day.
Yes, a stretch.

Shakespeare

IP Logged

Lucy

C1
Reply #3 - Mar 21st, 2013 at 7:20am

Makes me wonder if Ireland/British Isles are on one of those nodes where lines cross each other. Some strange energy there.

I was reminded of Brigadoon (kind of a parallel world) so I checked Wiki and found this:
The New York Times's theatre critic George Jean Nathan wrote that Lerner's book was based on a much older German story by Friedrich Gerstäcker, later translated by Charles Brandon Schaeffer, about the mythical village of Germelshausen that fell under a magic curse.[6] However, Lerner denied that he had based the book on an older story, and, in an explanation published in The New York Times, stated that he didn't learn of the existence of the Germelshausen story until after he had completed the first draft of Brigadoon.[7][8] Lerner said that in his subsequent research, he found many other legends of disappearing towns in various countries' folklore, and he pronounced their similarities "unconscious coincidence".[7]
Lerner's name for his imaginary locale was probably based on a well-known Scottish landmark, the Brig o' Doon (Bridge of Doon). Other sources suggest that the fictional village's name was constructed from the Celtic word "briga", which means "town" (such as in the old city names of Segobriga and Brigantium) and the Scottish Gaelic "dùn", which means a fort. The name may also be a reference to the Celtic goddess Brigid.

Hard to not wonder why there is so much folklore about disappearing towns, but that doesn't seem to be peculiar to the British Isles.

Is something about little people found in other Celtic regions?

IP Logged

betson

SE USA
Reply #4 - Mar 21st, 2013 at 7:54am

Several leads to work on --  thank you, Lucy!
I’m particularly going after “unconscious coincidences” now to see what that brings up. Smiley

Speaking of worlds just a veil apart, in Costa Rica people are seeing another farther sun in the western sky when they look through the steam and smoke of a sighing volcano at dawn and twilight. I forget its name.

Shakespeare

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.