Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
tsunami dream (Read 11431 times)
isee
Ex Member

tsunami dream
Jan 13th, 2013 at 12:47pm

I was at a very high level in a tall building with lots of glass windows looking onto the outside, and I was standing in front of an elevator. I began to get inside the elevator to go down to the ground floor, but changed my mind at the last minute. There were one or two people still in the elevator when it went down.

I was waiting for the next time to go down in the elevator when suddenly massive walls of water began pouring toward the building, splashing the windows even at the height we were at, and even surrounding the entire building. It was apparent that the building would be crushed by this wall of water, and I had that moment of certainty that the windows would be crushed and that I would be drowned. It was the moment of impact. There was no escape. I knew that to drown this way is to give up, for there is no use fighting an ocean.

I instantly had a bird's eye view of the seashore, and saw the people there being swallowed up by a giant wave. They were like little toys swept away by the water.

Back in my position in front of the elevator I immediately took the people on either side of me by the shoulders and shut my eyes in a prayer, saying something outloud along the lines of "God is with us in our moment of need" (really, just like that) and believed it. I shut everything else out of my mind at that moment.

Now, I am not a person who breaks into prayers at the drop of a hat or a bucket or anything else, although I do say a private prayer here or there. I haven't been to a church since childhood, and although I have been to buddhist gatherings, those were many years ago even so, perhaps 25 years ago. I do participate in buddhist prayers with family members, but that is not something that happens often for me, as I live far away from all my family members, just the facts. And others of my friends and family do their praying privately. Just the way it is in my life.

After saying this prayer, aloud, I found myself on a dry sidewalk someplace below, still in a city, as if I had been magically transported there. There was no water anywhere. I seemed to have no possessions and nowhere in particular to go. There were other people around, and all seemed semi-normal to me.

So, I wonder, if we are in the "otherworld" in our dreams, or after death, or while meditating, obe, whatever, and our thoughts do matter there....this might be an example of how the power of belief or positive thinking could affect our outcomes in some situations.

For example, it would have done me no good to "love" the wave as it devoured me and all others in its path. It would have done me no good to "hate" the wave, or to stand there fearing it (which I did, incidentally, because who wouldn't?).

What did seem to matter was the immediate belief, a strong belief, that a power greater than myself could and would be there to help, not just me but those around me. Perhaps that makes sense to someone today. Just thought I'd share.

...And another thing, if we do "retrievals" in our dreams occasionally, could this be one? I know of no other reason why I would single out the people next to me and speak aloud in such a way. It doesn't seem characteristic of me, in the way I see myself in waking life. I am helpful and positive as a matter of course, when I can be, but I'm no hero.

IP Logged

a channel
Ex Member

Re: tsunami dream
Reply #1 - Jan 14th, 2013 at 1:17am

I don't know what your dream means for you.  If i had the dream, a few possibilities that i might consider.

1. a general "testing" dream--we get put in difficult scenarios to see how we react.  It's a way of gauging our growth progress, and/or to work on fears, emotional habits, etc. 

2.  Being forewarned or prepared for a difficult event that may manifest in the physical world, something overwhelming and very big. 

3.  Being reminded that you are not your physical body, and that whatever happens physically to your physical body doesn't really matter one whit, with the included emphasis on spirituality--hence the praying to a higher power.  Many of us here know or at least are fairly certain we are not our physical bodies, but it's easy to know and say that when we are experiencing relative body comfort, but in the face of danger it's not necessarily easy to hold that knowing in place enough to influence our emotional state--in point, you felt fear at first. 

Then there are specific elements of the dream that could be interpreted symbolically or not.  You're on a rather high level of a building (you're intune right now), but thinking of going down to a lower level (being tempted, influenced, or just might fall back to old habits, ways, which are more limiting than your current state).  Just to give an idea of possible symbolic type interpretation. 

4., yes, i would even consider it a possible retrieval dream. 

5. a combo of more than one of the above.  

In any case, if it were me and i was sufficiently interested in what the correct interpretation is, i would meditate, ask for some help from the purely helpful, and see what i got.

I wouldn't necesssarily rule out the preparation type interpretation as i sense you may be inclined to.  We have some very probable big changes scheduled for 2013, 2014 period.  Prayer and attuning self will be a way to move out of/transcend some of the difficult parts if we are "pre contracted" to stay in this dimension to help out.  Such methods will be almost a necessity if we (meaning our Expanded self) want to stay focused here.  Perhaps you are being shown that this may be helpful to have a bigger focus on this for the near future, as your usual emphasis tends to be more Yin (prayer is more active, just as being the leader or director as you were in the dream is also more Yang and active)? 

p.s. 

I'm glad you're here btw.  Your beautiful example of gentleness is a good teacher to me and a general, needed balm here. 

IP Logged

isee
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Jan 14th, 2013 at 1:43pm

Thank you for your thoughtful interpretation and kind words.

IP Logged

recoverer

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Reply #3 - Jan 14th, 2013 at 3:02pm

Isee:

Yesterday morning I was meditating and I was shown this forum and then your name. I don't know why. Do you live near a coast?

I like what Justin wrote.

IP Logged

isee
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Jan 14th, 2013 at 10:32pm

If you were shown my name and this particular dream forum, yesterday morning, before I posted, perhaps my dream has a message for you. If, just the afterlife knowledge forum in general, I don't know...

But, I hope it gave you a good feeling, in either case.

Although I don't live near a coast, I visit places near the east and west coasts several times a year. My home is far enough not to worry about such things as tsunamis. It is quite possible that this dream is purely symbolic. Despite the subject matter, my repeating dreams of various types of personal "disasters" teach me a lot about myself and about how I see this world.

And, despite the subject matter, I awoke with a quite neutral feeling about the whole thing, but thought it might be an interesting read for someone. When I am moved to write, I do, whatever the consequences. I like the feeling of being animated by intuition. Don't you?

Thank you for thinking of me during your meditation, Recoverer.

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #5 - Jan 15th, 2013 at 9:12pm

You're welcome:

I didn't think of you, a spirit guide showed your name and this site to me.

IP Logged

isee
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Jan 15th, 2013 at 10:53pm

Okay, thanks for mentioning it. So...why did the guide do that? Just being mysterious?

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #7 - Jan 16th, 2013 at 1:44pm

I have yet to get around to figuring out why.

What state do you live in?

Quote:
Okay, thanks for mentioning it. So...why did the guide do that? Just being mysterious?

IP Logged

isee
Ex Member

Reply #8 - Jan 16th, 2013 at 8:21pm

I live in a pleasant state of privacy, which is why I am quite careful about what I tell people about my location on a public forum....I would love to be more open about it, but there's no way to go back once you have divulged too much about your private life.

IP Logged

a channel
Ex Member

Reply #9 - Jan 17th, 2013 at 12:12am

Quote:
I live in a pleasant state of privacy, which is why I am quite careful about what I tell people about my location on a public forum....I would love to be more open about it, but there's no way to go back once you have divulged too much about your private life.

That seems rather fear based. But again, i guess women do have to worry more about these kinds of things then men, on average. 

My "guess" though is Arizona.  Lol, i don't expect a confirmation!

IP Logged

isee
Ex Member

Reply #10 - Jan 17th, 2013 at 9:01am

Quote:
[quote author=544E58583D0 link=1358095677/8#8 date=1358382104]
   That seems rather fear based.

No, not at all. A personal choice for the sake of simplicity in my life.

In parts of our world people are not taught to respect their privacy.

For example, if a person holds a job with responsibility to the general public, why would he or she throw their full name or location around on public forums?

If there is some good purpose for that, no problem. But life can be much simpler when such information is kept private.

These days a lot of people take you into their homes on U-Tube and show you all kinds of personal information about themselves. Might be good to think twice about that.

========

Recoverer, you appeared in a dream last night. It was thoughtful of you to wait until I had finished my meal in the dream to come over and collect me for a visit with you. But, I kind of wished you would have come over sooner in the evening to talk. I was a little nervous because the drive to where you wanted to end up was a little long. I don't know if you have a brother, but it seems like you were going over there, wherever that was.

There was some kind of large meeting taking place in the beginning of the dream, business going on, so it took a while for us to meet up, but you were around towards the beginning and later on. Your appearance in the dream was a somewhat average, nice guy, healthy, not short, not terribly tall, perhaps brownish hair. My impression of you in the dream was of someone a little reserved, polite, but affectionate in your own way, meaning, you gave me a nice hug. Not someone to wave your arms around or be terribly animated. Oh, and you were wearing some squarish glasses. Probably, my visual on your appearance is not correct, but it was what it was.
« Last Edit: Jan 17th, 2013 at 10:22am by N/A »  

IP Logged

a channel
Ex Member

Reply #11 - Jan 17th, 2013 at 3:27pm

Hi Isee, i can sort of understand that.  My thoughts is that if there are any people that i might at all be worried about knowing my info, well they are the very same ones that realistically can easily get it at any moment because of their special resources (access to intelligence gathering, advanced technology, etc).  So, can't do much there and no point worrying.  For the average Jack and Jill, i have no worries about who knows what.   

In the nonphysical, nothing is really hidden, though most the Beings that can read us more completely do, i think, tend to respect our privacy and not delve too deep unless we give permission, ask for help, etc.   But, it's so much more open, honest, and transparent there as compared to here.  I really like that--i wish this world was more like that.  Secrets, hiding, privacy often does seem to be based on some kind of fear--maybe not in your specific case, but it's a common intuition of mine in relation to others and humanity in general. 

In any case, thank you for the thoughtful explanation.

Re: Albert aka Recoverer--i've now met him twice inphysically with some years spaced between hanging out.  He strikes me as a gentle, kind, caring and in his own way affectionate type person, and yes i would probably say a little reserved, and far from being flashy, show offish, or the excited or dramatic type.  I know both of us have at times come off rather strong and overly Yang here, but i think some people might be a bit surprised in person.  In any case, Albert is a fundamentally very good person, and i would say one of the most ethical, honest, and integrity filled people i know.

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #12 - Jan 18th, 2013 at 5:02pm

Isee:

You didn't perceive me as being incredibly good looking and very brilliant, so I'd have to say that your perception of me wasn't accurate. Just kidding.  Cheesy

I'm 6' 1", wear glasses at times, I am healthy, I am "the flattering comments you made," and have brownish hair. Reserved? I guess it depends upon the situation. While at work I joke around quite a bit. Not that I'm a social butterfly while at work.

Justin:

Thank you for your comments. In person you are not "Mr. Yang." You have a very humble approach. It is clear that you are dedicated to the higher good.  But why did you give our waitress such a hard time after she gave me a bigger portion? Just kidding. Smiley

IP Logged

Ralph Buskey

Brick Township, NJ
Reply #13 - Feb 5th, 2013 at 1:17am

Quote:
So, I wonder, if we are in the "otherworld" in our dreams, or after death, or while meditating, obe, whatever, and our thoughts do matter there....this might be an example of how the power of belief or positive thinking could affect our outcomes in some situations.

Greetings Isee.

I believe you're on to something here. I too have had tsunami dreams from time to time for the past 30 years (I'm 53). My last one occurred around a half year ago. I remember being in a building with around a dozen other people. It was a single story business type building with a large window in the front; sort of like a store window but the building wasn't a store.

I saw a large wave of water approaching which was probably around 30 feet high. I told everyone to look out the window and brace for an impact. I didn't have fear or sense of panic but thought what if the building could just float along with the water. When the water came, the building lifted off it's foundation and safely floated along for a few hundred feet. Then the water subsided and we were all happy that nothing happened to us or the building.

I wondered in the dream whether or not I could have been responsible for causing the building to float along. That should not have happened normally and never did in my other tsunami dreams. Normally, I'm at the beach with everyone else and we watch a 100 foot wall of water come in.

By the way, I live in New Jersey and my home is just 10 miles from the ocean. I live close to the devastation from Superstorm Sandy, but my home only suffered some roof damage. I know many people that weren't so fortunate. I've never had hurricane dreams before, but plenty of tsunami and tornado dreams.

Ralph

Ralph Buskey Ralph Buskey  
IP Logged

isee
Ex Member

Reply #14 - Feb 5th, 2013 at 12:00pm

Thanks for the reply, Ralph. That's something I should have realized, that a building could float, and under some circumstances -- fly? Who knows? I appreciate the reminder.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.