Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
PUL - Is it Unconditional (Read 14427 times)
sanatogen

PUL - Is it Unconditional
Feb 22nd, 2011 at 7:49pm

Hi there,

I had a discussion recently (one that I think is repeated everywhere) about PUL. And the question was whether such a thing existed.

The argument against PUL was that there was always a payback for the person expressing/offering Love, whether they were aware of it or not so can it really be unconditional?

And is unconditional the right word to describe it? Perhaps the language used doesnt express what many subscribe to.

IP Logged

Lucy

C1
Re: PUL - Is it Unconditional
Reply #1 - Feb 23rd, 2011 at 4:00am

don't know what is meant by "there is always a payback."

although, of course, since we are all ultimately from the same source, we are all connected, so the payback would be self-love. What's wrong with that?

IP Logged

sanatogen

Reply #2 - Feb 23rd, 2011 at 6:50am

Regarding payback, I was inferring that there may always be a motivation to offer love, hence it is conditional.

I see what you mean, if looked at from a larger perspective as opposed to individual then self-love is apparent which now seems to me to be what PUL is all about.

I'm still trying to crystallize my thoughts on this so any help very much appreciated Smiley

IP Logged

betson

Afterlife Knowledge Member

SE USA
Reply #3 - Feb 23rd, 2011 at 10:11am

Hi

The more PUL we send out the more we feel it within our selves. I don't know if that's 'payback' since that word infers getting some thing from some other source. PUL is an energy and maybe energy isn't subject to laws of matter.

It's sort of like PUL allows us to return to the natural condition of our essence.

Bets

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
Shakespeare

IP Logged

pattiz

ALK Member

Reply #4 - Mar 24th, 2011 at 6:42pm

I think I know what you're saying sanatogen. And the difficulty with whether or not the word "unconditional" is appropriately used is probably because of the restrictions we have spoken languages . To me- true PUL is the purest form of our Creator. When we are in the presense of that energy, it is infact, a pure and unconditional Light of love like we have NO words in which to accurately and fully describe it. Issues arise when we are in human form and can't quite reach that level of purity so the definition morphs into a abstract or unattainable concept.

Tell me if I am on point with you when I talk now about the "payback" issue. From a healing experience that I had (which I can post details below if your interested. Its a long story but a gooooood one!) In brief, I burned my finger pretty severely one day.  In my "freak out" fear mode, I remembered a little boy that i recently saw who had been burned so severely that he was unrecognizable. As soon as I thought of him I was filled with so much compassion for him that I prayed.

I prayed and stated that I would accept the burn if it would take some of his pain. Well, shocker, my finger healed immediately.

Now to the "payback" part,,,, since then, everytime I find myself in a similar situation I try to do the same thing and send the boy healing. But what happens (FOR ME) is that I now know that I too will be healed and it taints my truest form of compassion that I so genuinely felt the first time.

So now, I can't do it as well. I wish I could unconditional step out of the situation but BEING HUMAN I do shift my thoughts to my own survival needs and it taints the purest form of my ability to heal.

So what do you do about it? Well, after this happened I started working on my own limiting beliefs that may cause me to feel guilty about my own survival and I clear them. Its a process.

Does that make sense to what you were trying to gain clarity on with PUL?

Reach for Peace,
Patti

WWW 119080141491716  
IP Logged

Volu

Right here and right there
Reply #5 - Mar 25th, 2011 at 2:32pm

Hey pattiz,

"So now, I can't do it as well. I wish I could unconditional step out of the situation but BEING HUMAN I do shift my thoughts to my own survival needs and it taints the purest form of my ability to heal."

I'm reminded of monroe meeting a being on his travels that demanded worship of he/she, maybe having learnt a neat new trick from watching the earth system? For earth experiencing me, being unconditional is doing what the being says, with out any conditions so to speak, and it doesn't compute.

My assumption is that as a whole being who has graduated earth such an "offer" would be refused, having played those games on earth one too many times. And that the end of discussion would come about quite easily and naturally.

Vegetarian is an old indian word for bad hunter.

IP Logged

pattiz

ALK Member

Reply #6 - Mar 25th, 2011 at 4:53pm

Volu wrote on Mar 25th, 2011 at 2:32pm:
For earth experiencing me, being unconditional is doing what the being says, with out any conditions so to speak, and it doesn't compute.

My assumption is that as a whole being who has graduated earth such an "offer" would be refused, having played those games on earth one too many times. And that the end of discussion would come about quite easily and naturally.

Hi Volu- I'm sorry I don't follow what you wrote here. Maybe we are talking about two different things.

I almost get the feeling that you are coming from a angle where you're explaining other dimensional realm possiblities. When what I was sharing was not. It was a physical reality experince. When I said I wish I could "uncond. step out of the situation" I'm saying that my natural reaction as a human is to kick into survival mode and take care of my pain, even when I don't want to. Its a reaction that dilutes my compassion for others in the heat of the moment I instinctively want to tend to my own pain even if I Know I will be ok and that I would rather just genuienly heal the boy. This innate sense within me was formed by my limiting beleifs that I have accumilated (as a human in physical form) throughout this lifetime.

Now what were you saying?  I would like to understand your train of thought, so please explain again so I can grasp it.  Undecided

Thank you. Patti

WWW 119080141491716  
IP Logged

Volu

Right here and right there
Reply #7 - Mar 27th, 2011 at 5:38am

"Maybe we are talking about two different things."

Hehe, that could be. Smiley

"[...]Now what were you saying? I would like to understand your train of thought, so please explain again so I can grasp it."

As an imaginary example, the same compassion for the one(s) who had severely burnt the little boy, would that be unconditional?

Vegetarian is an old indian word for bad hunter.

IP Logged

pattiz

ALK Member

Reply #8 - Mar 27th, 2011 at 11:40am

Yes, indeed it would! Thank you for that.

WWW 119080141491716  
IP Logged

Just Me

ALK Member

Reply #9 - Jan 21st, 2012 at 6:58pm

sanatogen wrote on Feb 22nd, 2011 at 7:49pm:
Hi there,

I had a discussion recently (one that I think is repeated everywhere) about PUL. And the question was whether such a thing existed.

The argument against PUL was that there was always a payback for the person expressing/offering Love, whether they were aware of it or not so can it really be unconditional?

And is unconditional the right word to describe it? Perhaps the language used doesnt express what many subscribe to.

Hi,

I know this topic was started awhile ago, but it's an interesting question. I didn't read any of the responses received yet because it helps me formulate my thoughts.

I believe that pure, unconditional love does exist and is the correct terminology. Just because someone gives something in return for receiving PUL doesn't mean it's a requirement or expectation. Some people don't appreciate it. Some people won't understand it. Others won't recognize it for what it is. However, none of that matters because the giver is able and willing to give unconditional love with NO expectations. Whatever is given in return is "above and beyond" because nothing is required or expected (nor, should it be).

I think the main barrier to giving and/or receiving pure, unconditional love is our society's need to generalize and stereotype groups of people by artificial "identifiers." We don't hesitate to love those most like ourselves while most of us can rationalize not loving those least like ourselves. It's part of the human psyche and the biggest barrier to global healing. I believe, one day, we will have grown beyond this and come to embrace all our brothers and sisters around the world and in our own backyards.

Thanks for such a great question,
mj

IP Logged

betson

SE USA
Reply #10 - Jan 22nd, 2012 at 8:12am

Hello mjd,

I admire your practice and knowledge of PUL.
But I'm thinking our attempts at PUL may have limitations. Yes, we should make others aware it exists, but how do you fit "turn the other cheek" into that?

Maybe PUL will not 100% change anyone who is mired in darkness.  Perhaps it is a beacon, but not necessarily a completely curative force, at least not in the dosages we humans can send it. Perhaps it is just  our own egos that think we can save others through PUL.

What has forced me to think about this is that a sweet and outstanding student leader was murdered nearby in a random robbery. Circumstances of the crime point to her initial attempts to appeal to the murderers' better nature, to remind them of their capacity for PUL.  It didn't work.

Bets

Shakespeare

IP Logged

Just Me

ALK Member

Reply #11 - Jan 22nd, 2012 at 5:15pm

betson wrote on Jan 22nd, 2012 at 8:12am:
Hello mjd,

I admire your practice and knowledge of PUL.
But I'm thinking our attempts at PUL may have limitations. Yes, we should make others aware it exists, but how do you fit "turn the other cheek" into that?

Maybe PUL will not 100% change anyone who is mired in darkness.  Perhaps it is a beacon, but not necessarily a completely curative force, at least not in the dosages we humans can send it. Perhaps it is just  our own egos that think we can save others through PUL.

What has forced me to think about this is that a sweet and outstanding student leader was murdered nearby in a random robbery. Circumstances of the crime point to her initial attempts to appeal to the murderers' better nature, to remind them of their capacity for PUL.  It didn't work.

Bets

Hi Bets,

I don't have much time at the moment, but I wanted to tell you how sorry I am for the loss of your friend in such a cruel and selfish act. I promise to come back later and respond, in depth. I just wanted you to know I was thinking about you and your friend and sending healing to you both.

Kind regards,
mj

IP Logged

betson

SE USA
Reply #12 - Jan 22nd, 2012 at 6:42pm

Hi mjd,

I probably misspoke because I was trying to make a point. Actually I didn't know that young woman. Her story is just talked about alot in this area.
And apparently she did affect her killers because they both claim new attitudes about life in general.

But what I mean to say is that maybe life just keeps throwing bad stuff at us until we are willing to hand over the trials to a grander source of PUL than we can generate. --??

Bets

Shakespeare

IP Logged

Just Me

ALK Member

Reply #13 - Jan 23rd, 2012 at 8:07am

betson wrote on Jan 22nd, 2012 at 6:42pm:
Hi mjd,

I probably misspoke because I was trying to make a point. Actually I didn't know that young woman. Her story is just talked about alot in this area.
And apparently she did affect her killers because they both claim new attitudes about life in general.

But what I mean to say is that maybe life just keeps throwing bad stuff at us until we are willing to hand over the trials to a grander source of PUL than we can generate. --??

Bets

Hi Bets,

I have typed out a response to you twice and both times they were gone when I tried to submit. I have no idea what happened, but I will try again later.

Kind regards,
mj

IP Logged

Just Me

ALK Member

Reply #14 - Jan 23rd, 2012 at 9:47am

betson wrote on Jan 22nd, 2012 at 6:42pm:
Hi mjd,

Bets

Hi Bets,

I'm sorry I misunderstood that in your original comment. I can certainly understand why that incident would cause anyone to question the point of PUL. Actually, I can see both sides of that argument clearly.

Personally, I'm not an expert on this issue (or any others Wink) but I view pure, unconditional love as something we are, and freely give without any expectation for anything. It doesn't necessarily change the course of actions from others (as evidenced by the example you mentioned). Instead, it's more about what we do when faced with life and its difficult situations.

I have had the privilege to be involved with a ministry that worked inside jails and prisons and visited the prisoners with them. Obviously, I can't speak for the people who took this woman's life, but many times people make really, really bad decisions simply because they are afraid. They might have been concerned she would identify them and/or testify against them or otherwise make them "pay" for their actions. (I think this is the reason many crimes escalate in the heat of the moment). I have never robbed anyone so I can't pretend to know exactly what that would feel like, but I have been homeless, jobless and hungry with nowhere to turn and knowing my family would not be there as is often assumed by people who having loving, supportive families. I didn't break any laws or devalue myself (or my fellow man) because I was hurting and scared. I do recognize that not everyone makes those same choices in difficult situations. I'm not suggesting I'm perfect and always do everything right. I am just saying that I knew, without any doubt, that exacerbating my situation by inflicting further pain on myself or someone else was not going to help anyone.

I am not sure I would necessarily believe the men involved in this crime are repentant of their actions. Again, I don't know what motivated them to take someone's life and I can't think of anything, other than someone harming one of my children, that would lead me to the same choice. Unless they have completely changed their viewpoint AND actions toward people and society, then it's all just words. I would like to think they are sincere and have truly come to understand the magnitude of what they've done, but only time will truly tell. It would be wonderful if they have and are positively impacting society with their current choices. In that case, then the murdered woman's actions did transcend all else - despite it not being the best outcome for her physical body.

No doubt, pure, unconditional love is very difficult to live. We are spiritual beings having a human experience and that's not always easy. It's hard to look at everyone as our neighbor and to truly love people for who they are (versus what we want them to be or think they should be). For me, I remind myself that everyone has struggles and insecurities and their anger, frustration, or other negative feelings may not have anything to do with me. It's hard not to take it personally (since we're people) but sometimes, it's not. We make choices about who is "worthy" of our time and attention (we have to discriminate in this way just to not get pulled in all directions) all the time so it seems like it should also apply the same with PUL. But, what if PUL is not an act, but simply a "way of life"? What if we gave it to everyone, without hesitation or discrimination, without expectation for anything and with no knowledge of where it leads? (I think this was the general idea behind the movie "Pay it Forward")? Would it be any less "good" if we don't know what became of it?

I have to run. I just retyped some of my main thoughts that were eaten by my computer although this is not exactly what I typed the first two times. (My computer is truly evil lately. Ha Ha) I look forward to your comments.

Kind regards,
mj

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.