Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Regarding Jerry Gross (Read 7335 times)
recoverer

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Regarding Jerry Gross
Nov 17th, 2010 at 3:44pm

Has anybody heard of astral projector Jerry Gross? I just found this.

http://www.near-death.com/gross.html

IP Logged

heisenberg69

England
Re: Regarding Jerry Gross
Reply #1 - Nov 18th, 2010 at 1:32am

Never heard of him but interesting link though !

IP Logged

Lucy

C1
Reply #2 - Nov 18th, 2010 at 3:14am

yeah, I never heard of him and we talk about this stuff all the time here and he says he is a leader in the field! How can people claim to be leaders when they aren't so well known. or maybe he is well known?

That said, he does look interesting. he keeps the info on this page simple but actually it looks like he has a couple of teachers...Jeremiah and Mora....on the other side.

The interview was interesting. Not getting a good differentiation between OOBE and NDE here. if you see relatives when you go throught the tunnel (NDE) and you see relatives when you astral travel, well what is the difference???

The comments about trying to astral travel under the influence (OUI or APUI?) were interesting; putting a bad trip in the lower astral. Well that makes it easy to avoid it too.

so can we verify this?
Quote:
I've been asked to prove this many times, in radio shows, and at the Whole Life Expo at the Los Angeles Convention Center where I traveled astrally from St. Paul, Minnesota to Los Angeles and moved a box they had set up on the stage for me.

Is this a Randi-level verification or not?

and I can't argue with the admonition to "prove it for yourself."

The story about the teenager was touching. It is difficult to think that a child might finish his or her life's work early, your kids are supposed to out-live you. But that storyhas a nice resolution. So if he's doing work like that, well, good for him.

Are there more and more individuals like this around? Not everyone can go to TMI.

What do you think?

IP Logged

betson

SE USA
Reply #3 - Nov 18th, 2010 at 6:37am

Hi

Maybe he hasn't written a book. It seems like books get your name out better because people then have something to focus on.

At least one site says he was involved with Stargate, the US military psychic work. He goes back a long ways, into the 1980's.
I like his way of explaining things. He seems very straight-forward and factual.

Thanks for the link, recoverer.

Bets

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
Shakespeare

IP Logged

Lucy

C1
Reply #4 - Nov 18th, 2010 at 8:39am

http://astralprojection.abouttheoccult.com/astral-projection-demonstration-by-au...

I think this is supposed to be a video of moving the box. I don't think Randi would acceptthis but it is interesting. I can't get the volume up on this computer so I'm not sure what they are saying. Is there a better link?

IP Logged

betson

SE USA
Reply #5 - Nov 18th, 2010 at 9:27am

Hi Lucy,

This may help:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=yg_RNCSjpRE

Do the strings out the top bother you? Maybe they're just to keep it free-hanging, easier for him to move?

Bets

Shakespeare

IP Logged

Beau

Greenville SC
Reply #6 - Nov 18th, 2010 at 12:47pm

The strings don't bother me, but when you have a TV show then results are pretty much a given whether they are legitimate or not. This one felt pretty cheesy to me.

All the world's a stage...whose stage?--that is the question!...or is it the answer...Who is on first.
IP Logged

Seraphis1

ALK Member

Reply #7 - Nov 18th, 2010 at 1:12pm

Beau wrote on Nov 18th, 2010 at 12:47pm:
The strings don't bother me, but when you have a TV show then results are pretty much a given whether they are legitimate or not. This one felt pretty cheesy to me.

Grin it all boils down to the integrity of the presenter. Can you trust them or not.

S.

IP Logged

Beau

Greenville SC
Reply #8 - Nov 18th, 2010 at 1:16pm

Well, that's very true and the presenter reminds me too much of Bob Barker. Sorry, I just couldn't get past it, you know. I am however reading up on Jerry.

All the world's a stage...whose stage?--that is the question!...or is it the answer...Who is on first.
IP Logged

spooky2

Reply #9 - Nov 18th, 2010 at 8:26pm

What Gross says at Recoverer's link is more or less what most OBEr's say.

His example of the drowned boy isn't an example for a verification at the level Bruce emphasizes, as Gross took informations from the boys' mother but brought back no specific informations which could be called evident to verify a genuine after-death-contact. Maybe this lack of sense of a good verification is mirrored in that moving-box-demonstration, which I haven't watched.

Spooky

"I'm going where the pavement turns to sand"&&Neil Young, "Thrasher"

IP Logged

Seraphis1

ALK Member

Reply #10 - Nov 18th, 2010 at 8:38pm

spooky2 wrote on Nov 18th, 2010 at 8:26pm:
What Gross says at Recoverer's link is more or less what most OBEr's say.

His example of the drowned boy isn't an example for a verification at the level Bruce emphasizes, as Gross took informations from the boys' mother but brought back no specific informations which could be called evident to verify a genuine after-death-contact. Maybe this lack of sense of a good verification is mirrored in that moving-box-demonstration, which I haven't watched.

Spooky

Hi All: The whole problem with verification is tricky... communication skills, analytical skills, a host of problems that have to be thought through if you are going to do it well... but there is the spur of the moment event... and to be ready with the air tight parameters to convince a very skeptical world is a lot to ask of ordinary people who may not be genius' anyway... I don't know exactly why they try to prove the almost unprovable..

S.

IP Logged

betson

SE USA
Reply #11 - Nov 18th, 2010 at 11:51pm

Hi

One method of verification is to compare their experience with your own. True they could still be borrowing information from others but at least you know whether you're on similiar paths or not. And when you have your own experience you do not need theirs as much.

Bets

Shakespeare

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.