Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Betson (Read 13779 times)
CharleyTuna

ALK Member

Connecticut
Betson
Oct 29th, 2010 at 10:45pm

Have you ever tried to meet someone in an OBE.

IP Logged

betson

Afterlife Knowledge Member

SE USA
Re: Betson
Reply #1 - Oct 30th, 2010 at 4:10am

Hi CharleyTuna,

Yes, I have tried previous to about the last six months. I'm abit low on energy these days.  But why do you ask me?  Smiley
It seems easier though to meet someone with whom you've already traded messages, as if each communication creates a bridge between those talking, -- friendly messages.

Betson

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
Shakespeare

IP Logged

Vee

Port Alberni, B.C.
Reply #2 - Oct 30th, 2010 at 11:06pm

Hi Charley Tuna. That is a skill I have tried to develop with limited success. Another forum member who is on another continent and myself tried to meet via OBE but our experiences did not match. There were maybe tiny similarities all right, but not enough to give us the feeling that we had really succeeded. After a few tries we dropped the efforts, but I find that in this kind of skill development, if you try for a bit, and then leave it, maybe a couple years later you go back and try again after growing in knowledge a bit more, you are surprised by how much better it is. It takes time and practice and of course in the meantime we do get better at other things so we don't get too discouraged. All the best teachers, of course, tell us that OBE's are not important...try and convince some of us! Vee

I LIVE IN THE MIND OF SUMMERTIME, MY INNER SKY IS BLUE AND FULL OF LIGHT.THE RICH, JUICY FRUITS OF MY LIFE ARE RIPE UPON MY INNER SUMMERTIME TREES.I AM THE MIND OF GOD.
IP Logged

Bardo

Reply #3 - Nov 1st, 2010 at 4:12pm

Adds a whole new meaning to the concept of  "speed dating".

IP Logged

betson

SE USA
Reply #4 - Nov 1st, 2010 at 9:01pm

Hi Bardo,

That's funny and it's probably true, two of my favorite characteristics of living.  Cheesy
However, dating implies an exclusivity that I don't believe should hamper true PUL. It does hamper most interactions with people still operating from the Earth plane though, just because they are so mired in Earth's conditions. PUL becomes then a goal and not a fully realized aspect of Eart Life, unfortunately.  Cry

Bets

Shakespeare

IP Logged

Bardo

Reply #5 - Nov 2nd, 2010 at 10:01am

Bets,
No disrespect of the greater things intended! Just my irreverent sense of humor, which often gets me in trouble.  When I get up every day, I say to myself, "Today, I sense the PUL and keep it close to me, live mindfully and share it with my family and those I meet". Some days I am able to maintain a semblence of this grace, most days not. Some days REALLY not. I feel like we live under a overcast sky, and occasionally I glimpse a shaft of beautiful sunlight through a gap in the clouds, or even a patch of brilliant blue sky. I grasp at those flashes and try to capture them, with only a little success. Maybe I get better at it as time passes.

IP Logged

Lucy

C1
Reply #6 - Nov 3rd, 2010 at 4:23am

CT

Your question reminded me of a result I read about from a couple of decades ago. It involved a couple fo grad students ..perhaps in psychology...who were able to do something like dream about each other. (Sorry I've lost the reference but Iam hoping someone else is familiar with this). Their dreams correlated. Whatever it was that they were doing, it got too "freaky" for at least one of them and the little experiement was terminated. I think it became difficult to distinguish what happened in waking reality from what happened in sleep.

So this is in the category of be careful what you ask for, you might get it. What would you do if you could reguarly meet someone "out there," like make an appointment and meet? It sounds impressive, but in real life we don't get to control the details the way it hapens in tv shows or books, or to control the consequences. What would you do if you started to confuse in-body encounters and OBE encounters? Maybe not when they are happening but once they enter the memory log.

IP Logged

betson

SE USA
Reply #7 - Nov 3rd, 2010 at 4:44am

Hi,

I don't know how that experiment was set up, Lucy, but it sounds interesting. Sorry to hear though that they scared themselves.

Memories from non-physical explorations as suggested by afterlife explorers don't get mixed in with dreams and reality, as far as I know.  Non-phyical explorations have a whole different energy field which gives them increased clarity and sense of purpose, as opposed to dream work.

To not freak out, a person needs some background into what they're doing. Maybe that couple didn't have any background. Moen provides such a background written in kind terms. Other writer/explorers can be more scientific, and others are more spiritual, even tying their potential to specific religious tenets. Some sort of context is important so the new explorer of these realms dosn't suddenly panic from their unique and 'alone' experience.They are not alone; that is the point.  Wink

Bardo, You are surely doing fine!  May I borrow your phrasing ? I'd like to make PUL a daily meditation/afirmation as you do!

Bets
« Last Edit: Nov 3rd, 2010 at 7:40am by betson »  

Shakespeare

IP Logged

Seraphis1

ALK Member

Reply #8 - Nov 3rd, 2010 at 10:53am

Bardo wrote on Nov 2nd, 2010 at 10:01am:
Bets,
No disrespect of the greater things intended! Just my irreverent sense of humor, which often gets me in trouble.  When I get up every day, I say to myself, "Today, I sense the PUL and keep it close to me, live mindfully and share it with my family and those I meet". Some days I am able to maintain a semblence of this grace, most days not. Some days REALLY not. I feel like we live under a overcast sky, and occasionally I glimpse a shaft of beautiful sunlight through a gap in the clouds, or even a patch of brilliant blue sky. I grasp at those flashes and try to capture them, with only a little success. Maybe I get better at it as time passes.

Hi Bardo: PUL is a heart chakra function... have you done TMI's Heartline.

S.

IP Logged

Bardo

Reply #9 - Nov 3rd, 2010 at 11:16am

Seraphis,
No I have not experienced that course.  I have read Bruce's books and am using his book/CD set as a guide for my explorations. I would certainly be open to more help, though.

IP Logged

Seraphis1

ALK Member

Reply #10 - Nov 3rd, 2010 at 7:16pm

Bardo wrote on Nov 3rd, 2010 at 11:16am:
Seraphis,
No I have not experienced that course.  I have read Bruce's books and am using his book/CD set as a guide for my explorations. I would certainly be open to more help, though.

You might want to read Joseph Chilton Pearce's 'Biology of Transcendence'... it is a very interesting discussion of the power of the heart.

S.

IP Logged

James Ward

ALK Member

Reply #11 - Nov 4th, 2010 at 5:38am

Lucy, your description of the two people sharing a different reality sounds like Charles Tart's experiment in which two graduate student subjects engaged in mutual hypnosis.  It's reported in his paper "Psychedelic Experiences Associated with a Novel Hypnotic Procedure, Mutual Hypnosis," published in Charles T. Tart, ed., Altered States of Consciousness (John Wiley and Sons, 1969).  It's also discussed in Michael Talbot's The Holographic Universe.

An interesting quote from Dr. Tart's paper (p. 306):

Quote:
Several times during the sessions the Ss [subjects] said nothing for a time, but when I questioned them replied that they were communicating, so there was a feeling at the time of the experience that paranormal communication of some sort was going on.  Even more striking material regarding the Ss' feelings about this heightened empathy and communication was obtained a couple of months after the final session when the tapes of the sessions had been transcribed.  Anne and Bill read the transcripts over and were both shocked.  They had been talking about their experiences to each other for some time, and found they had been discussing details of the experiences  they had shared for which there were no verbal stimuli on the tapes, i.e., they felt they must have been communicating telepathically or that they had actually been "in" the nonworldly locales they had experienced.  This was frightening to both Ss, for what had seemed a lovely shared fantasy now threatened to be something real.  This feeling of the Ss does not constitute any sort of proof for genuine telepathic interaction, of course, for there were  no independent records of the details of the Ss' experiences made before they had an opportunity to talk with each other, but the feeling of the Ss that there was telepathic interaction and their reaction to it was one of the most impressive aspects of the experience.

Definitely curious! Smiley

James Ward

IP Logged

Lucy

C1
Reply #12 - Nov 4th, 2010 at 7:04am

Yes that really is interesting. Interesting also because they then had to cope with a perhaps small belief system breakdown. It's always one thing to talk about it and another to experience it.

IP Logged

Justin aka Vasya
Ex Member

Reply #13 - Nov 4th, 2010 at 12:30pm

Seraphis1 wrote on Nov 3rd, 2010 at 10:53am:
Bets,

S.

The Heart Chakra is where we feel and express PUL from to individuals.  But usually it is less true PUL and more "like attracts, begets, and likes" kind of, more Venusian type love. 

As we do this more and more and universalize it more and more, then does the 7th or "Crown Chakra" and Pituitary Gland in the body start to become more and more active, and all the rest of the Chakras and glands become more merged into and balanced with one another.

It is the Crown, not the Heart, which is the true PUL focus point.  But the Heart and Crown are very connected to each other, and can and will eventually work in tandem. 

It just gets "stepped down" in the Heart, like the Heart is a similar, but lower octave expression of the Crown. 

Crown is full Christ like Love attunement.  Purely Universal, purely unconditional, purely pure kind of love.

IP Logged

Seraphis1

ALK Member

Reply #14 - Nov 4th, 2010 at 12:48pm

Quote:
Seraphis1 wrote on Nov 3rd, 2010 at 10:53am:
Bets,

S.

The Heart Chakra is where we feel and express PUL from to individuals.  But usually it is less true PUL and more "like attracts, begets, and likes" kind of, more Venusian type love. 

As we do this more and more and universalize it more and more, then does the 7th or "Crown Chakra" and Pituitary Gland in the body start to become more and more active, and all the rest of the Chakras and glands become more merged into and balanced with one another.

It is the Crown, not the Heart, which is the true PUL focus point.  But the Heart and Crown are very connected to each other, and can and will eventually work in tandem. 

It just gets "stepped down" in the Heart, like the Heart is a similar, but lower octave expression of the Crown. 

Crown is full Christ like Love attunement.  Purely Universal, purely unconditional, purely pure kind of love.

Hi Justin: Is this a theory or how you experience it?

S.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.