Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
A new electrical model of the Universe (Read 2348 times)
Petrus

Afterlife Knowledge Member

A new electrical model of the Universe
Sep 9th, 2010 at 7:49pm

http://video.google.com.au/videoplay?docid=4773590301316220374#

Hey everyone,
This is a video called Thunderbolts of the Gods, which proposes a new cosmological model; namely the idea that the entire universe is basically a giant charged electrical field.

You might wonder how this has relevance to us; but watching it, I suddenly remembered how Bob Monroe wrote somewhere (I can't remember exactly where) that when someone tried to do some laboratory experiments with him projecting, he was not able to project through a Faraday cage.  That immediately caused me to think that OBEs must occur, on some level at least, via an electrical system, since a Faraday cage can block electricity.  This in turn possibly means that we could eventually see a scenario, where OBEs, and even the mechanics behind them perhaps, could be provable scientifically, in terms of physical experiments.

...&&eMule : Welcome to Aquarian society.

IP Logged

James Ward

ALK Member

Re: A new electrical model of the Universe
Reply #1 - Sep 11th, 2010 at 8:27pm

Petrus, very interesting!  I think it was through the thunderbolts.info site that I first learned about the astronomical work of Halton Arp.

What you say may make possible some differentiation between OBEs and other forms of activity or perception grouped together as "psi," because at least some psi faculties seem to function in conditions of electromagnetic shielding.

Dean Radin, in Entangled Minds:

Quote:
Signal-transfer theories propose that some sort of physical carrier wave, analogous to how electromagnetic (EM) waves carry radio signals, transports psi information.  For many decades this was an appealing explanation for telepathy because we know that the brain generates EM fields, and we know that EM fields can carry information around the world at light speed.  In 1899, the physicist Sir J. J. Thomson proposed in an address to the British Association for the Advancement of Science that EM fields might be the physical carrier of telepathy.  The title of Upton Sinclair's book, Mental Radio, reflected the enthusiasm once held for signal-transfer models.

The most problematic issue for signal-transfer theories, assuming that the carrier is at least analogous to EM fields, is that for all known physical fields the strength of the field drops off quickly with increasing distance.  If psi were mediated through any form of ordinary physical field, we'd expect psi accuracy to drop off rapidly with increasing distance.  But psi experiments conducted under conditions of heavy EM shielding and at long distances do not show sharp declines in accuracy.  This is not to say that the question of distance has been conclusively settled; as we've seen, there are inklings that distance (or possibly knowledge of distance) may play a role in some circumstances.

There is an exception to the rule about distance drop-offs.  At extremely low frequencies (ELF, 0.3-1 kHz), EM field strength is sustained over long distances because it passes through barriers that would absorb or block higher frequencies.  In the 1960s the Russian physicist I. M. Kogan proposed that telepathy is carried by ELF waves.  This was a novel solution to the problem encountered with higher frequency EM, but it too contains a problem.  Like any method relying on EM, it cannot easily account for the apparent time independence of psi.  So-called advanced wave solutions for EM could, in principle, allow for a form of retroactive signaling.  But the time scales for such signaling would be limited to the speed of light, which means one could obtain a precognitive glimpse of only one nanosecond per foot as light travels.  That is far too restrictive to account for precognition effects observed in life and lab, where future information can apparently be sensed from milliseconds to months or more in advance.  It also doesn't easily account for retrocognition, the flip side of precognition, in which (hidden) information from the past can be perceived.

Signal-transfer theories have included proposals based on tachyons (hypothetical particles that travel faster than the speed of light), antimatter (particles that can be interpreted as traveling backward in time), neutrinos, and gravitons.  Unfortunately, all of these models suffer because the effects would be limited in space or time, and none of them account for clairvoyance.  In addition, signaling theories don't provide a plausible explanation for telepathy, specifically in how signals sent from one brain might be "decoded" by another brain.

Very curious, certainly.  Are some "non-physical phenomena" more non-physical than others?  Does a "classical OBE" involve a subtle body in a way that remote viewing/clairvoyance doesn't?  And what am I missing by asking these questions in this way?  Wink

Best wishes!

James

IP Logged

Beau

Greenville SC
Reply #2 - Sep 16th, 2010 at 5:28pm

I didn't get into the "myth" ideas particularly as some kind of proof, but the theory that its all electrical makes perfect sense to me as gravity is just not that strong of a force when its all said and done. I've always wondered if the gravity theory had some holes in it and this electrical theory certain pokes some in it. Plus an electrical basis for the physical universe provides interesting ideas for a connection to the non physical since energy takes either form.

Beau

All the world's a stage...whose stage?--that is the question!...or is it the answer...Who is on first.
IP Logged

Jean

tucson,az
Reply #3 - Sep 17th, 2010 at 2:34pm

Petrus,

Very interesting video, Talbott presents the topic in a very understandable way indicating that it is electricity as opposed to gravity that might be the driving force behind the universe.

Thanks, Jean

IP Logged

chrwe

ALK Member

Reply #4 - Sep 18th, 2010 at 12:00am

I`ve read recently that some physicists say that the universe is indeed based on energy, that "all is in reality one", that seperateness is an illusion and that time is also an illusion.

That made me think a lot of this forum here Smiley, and I thought you may be interested.#

Mind you, it was used as an argument that the universe was created out of nothing, that "quantum fluctuation" started the whole process and time itself.

The question how this quantum fluctuation came about ("random") is carefully avoided, haha, but it does not matter to me to be honest, for me the whole thing reads like "Religion(s) had it partially right the whole time" - and especially new thinking models like the focus levels.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.