Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
My mother in my dreams (Read 1981 times)
joe

ALK Member

My mother in my dreams
Sep 15th, 2010 at 7:06pm

My mam died 3 years ago,who i miss so dearly,I have had a lot of dreams about her,my dreams are strange one of my dreams is i am standing out side the old  house were i lived when i was a child,and in my mind i am thinking my mam used to live here,then in my dream i start to cry,because i know she died,but i walk up the stairs in the back yard  and into the house and my mam is sitting in a chair and she gets up and gives me  a hug  and says will you  stop worrying about me i am fine.can someone please explain my dream.thanks.

IP Logged

Beau

Greenville SC
Re: My mother in my dreams
Reply #1 - Sep 16th, 2010 at 10:35am

Hi Joe,

It seems to me that your dream is pretty cut and dry one way or the other depending on how you choose to view things. One: Your brain has manipulated your dreams to keep you from worry and woe or you mom has made an effort to reach you and reassure you that she continues on and not to stay so focused on missing her.

I dream of my parents from time to time and they both passed fairly close to one another but in the first dream I had of them after their passing I dreamed they were staying in a condo at the beach in one their favorite locales and my father was swinging in a hammock on the balcony and relaxing and saying to me, "It's no big deal, son." And my mom was, I believe, preparing a meal inside. I also dreamed of my grandfather soon after his passing and he was lying back on a bed in a familiar bedroom and saying basically the same thing my dad said. I think they find a way to reach us, but I also think they have realized that they are more than the character they played in this life and are appearing as we remember them.

Yours,
Beau

All the world's a stage...whose stage?--that is the question!...or is it the answer...Who is on first.
IP Logged

Calypso

ALK Member

Chicagoland
Reply #2 - Sep 16th, 2010 at 2:38pm

Joe, you are very lucky to have had such a dream.  I wish I would have one of my Dad who died last year.

IP Logged

supermodel

Indiana
Reply #3 - Sep 16th, 2010 at 7:08pm

She's trying to get your attention to let you know that she is fine. When you dream of the deceased, I like to think of them as visits...not just dreams. Smiley

Supermodel....

IP Logged

Jean

tucson,az
Reply #4 - Sep 17th, 2010 at 2:08pm

Joe,

I think Beau covered the two possibilities very nicely. My mom showed up after her death in dreams with my sons (still alive) to support me when my mind needed to work through a very upsetting period of my life. As I accepted my situation, the dreams stopped and they no longer showed up.

My dad, on the other hand, appeared in a very lucid dream more than 30 years after his death, where we sat, knee to knee across from each other as he explained, in a very matter of fact manner, the reason why he died when he did. Previous to that dream, I had dreams for years centered around the theme that he was not really dead or that his death was all a trick.

We're amazing creatures and more than our bodies.

You might want to check the dream section or retrievals for others experiences in non physical reality. I sure doesn't sound like your family needed any type of retrieval but you might be interested in learning the skill for others.

Jean

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.