Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
The Superconsciousness and the physical universe (Read 1199 times)
Alan McDougall

South Africa
The Superconsciousness and the physical universe
May 22nd, 2010 at 10:36am

The physical universe and the Superconsciousness

All information, both past, present, and future, exists in the ““Superconsciousness”.” The “Superconsciousness” (or Collective Mind) transcends time and space and with diligent practice, is consciously accessible from the deep state of awareness.

Sentient“intelligent beings in the universe are interconnected in what I call the Superconsciousness” this is not God; it is where information comes from for all accurate predictions and visions, whether auditory, visual, or emotional. It encompasses all that is and all that will be in our universe. In truth, it is where our thoughts go to and come from. We only perceive these whispering thoughts in our brain and usually take little notice of them but we should try to be more aware and connect with this source of universal knowledge for the benefit of humankind, we have learned to filter out them to our disadvantage.

I see it as something similar to the hive mind of the bee or ant but that, which connects all higher beings in one consciousness throughout the universe. I speculate this “Superconsciousness” is finite consisting of finite albeit highly intelligent life forms throughout the universe and “is not the infinite creator God” but one of his creations. A sort of galactic, or universal Internet, think how useful this source would be if only we could gain access to it when we want to?

Blessings and light

Alan

Blessings and Light

Alan McDougall
WWW <a href= <a href=  
IP Logged

Ralph Buskey

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Brick Township, NJ
Re: The Superconsciousness and the physical universe
Reply #1 - May 22nd, 2010 at 10:21pm

Greetings Alan.

Though I believe in the existence of a creator of the universe, or God, this concept of a universal mind makes sense to me. When I used to belong to Buddhism, the similarity with their belief system comes to mind. Some of the Japanese students that I talked to had a universal mind concept. It was to be accessed through a state of enlightenment.

This state of enlightenment is called Nirvana. But what is Nirvana? One particularly Chinese interpretation asserted that it represents an identification of the mind of the individual sentient being with a Universal Mind, or what is called in the Sutras "the Buddha-nature." Or to put it another way, Nirvana is the realization of the individual's original identification and "at-one-ment" with the Universal Mind. The individual sentient being is in essence this Universal Mind, but due to ignorance, one has not realized this previously.

So even though I appreciate the philosophy of Universal Mind, I wasn't content with Buddhism. I think Eckankar and Radhasoami Satsang/ Shabda Yoga is closer to describing the big picture of God and all of it's creations.

Ralph

Ralph Buskey Ralph Buskey  
IP Logged

Alan McDougall

South Africa
Re: The Superconsciousness and the physical universe
Reply #2 - May 24th, 2010 at 12:01am

Ralph Buskey wrote on May 22nd, 2010 at 10:21pm:
Greetings Alan.

Though I believe in the existence of a creator of the universe, or God, this concept of a universal mind makes sense to me. When I used to belong to Buddhism, the similarity with their belief system comes to mind. Some of the Japanese students that I talked to had a universal mind concept. It was to be accessed through a state of enlightenment.

This state of enlightenment is called Nirvana. But what is Nirvana? One particularly Chinese interpretation asserted that it represents an identification of the mind of the individual sentient being with a Universal Mind, or what is called in the Sutras "the Buddha-nature." Or to put it another way, Nirvana is the realization of the individual's original identification and "at-one-ment" with the Universal Mind. The individual sentient being is in essence this Universal Mind, but due to ignorance, one has not realized this previously.

So even though I appreciate the philosophy of Universal Mind, I wasn't content with Buddhism. I think Eckankar and Radhasoami Satsang/ Shabda Yoga is closer to describing the big picture of God and all of it's creations.

Ralph

HiI will look up those masters you indicated in your post and see how much I am in accord with them. It is heart warming to get a response like yours because so few people respond to my posts of this nature

Blessings and light

Alan

Blessings and Light

Alan McDougall
WWW <a href= <a href=  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.