Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
My personal theory on the universe and life. (Read 5442 times)
Beau

Greenville SC
Re: My personal theory on the universe and life.
Reply #15 - Apr 7th, 2010 at 5:16am

It may be semantics Stone, but I would only take issue with the word "Beliefs". I think that is our main problem. Knowing is what we need more of in my opinion. Open Minded Skepticism is really the only sure fire way to knowledge as I see it. Beliefs are what gets in our way.

Two physical brains are probably never going to totally agree, but the subjective experience is available to all if they can just trust it over the ego mind of the physical experience.

All the world's a stage...whose stage?--that is the question!...or is it the answer...Who is on first.
IP Logged

StoneColdTrue

ALK Member

Birmingham, AL
Reply #16 - Apr 7th, 2010 at 5:32am

Complete agreeance there. I also stated that in my theory too. That belief and faith needed to be thrown out and we each needed to make a discovery that brought us knowledge to existence.

It's incredibly important. Religion really is our "dragon at the door" as Russel put it. It is holding people back from making a true discovery. Religion brings a contentment to belief which has nothing behind it to create knowledge. Imagine if the entire world were making the discoveries that we are and changing their lives. It would change the world for the better. It would give hope even more power, and a lot of negative energy would start to fade out.

"The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. " -Bertrand Russel

IP Logged

Beau

Greenville SC
Reply #17 - Apr 7th, 2010 at 5:51am

Right on, Stone.

All the world's a stage...whose stage?--that is the question!...or is it the answer...Who is on first.
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.